HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XVII - Goaldeny (Mod Warning In OP)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-02-2012, 05:54 PM
  #951
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Ho Borvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Toronto
Roberto Luongo
Chris Tanev
Mason Raymond

Vancouver
Nazem Kadri
Carter Ashton
Cody Franson
Clarke MacArthur

Chris Tanev likely won't ever get a full time top-4 spot in Vancouver, but for Toronto he could potentially be a very good partner for Gardiner in the future.

A Franson + Ballard 3rd pairing would be a good 3rd pairing and is a good mix of offense/defense without giving either player too much responsibility.

MacArthur and Raymond is pretty lateral for both sides... undersized 2nd/3rd line players. Changes of scenary essentially.

Kadri gives Vancouver their temporary Kesler replacement and can center the 3rd line next year (Hodgson 2.0). Ashton gives them a decent prospect on the wings to compete with Jensen/Kassian in the future and could be #1 callup.

Ho Borvat is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 05:55 PM
  #952
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post

Luongo>>>>>Theodore

ESPECIALLY mentoring. Does Theodore have International experience? SCF experience?

A budget team that needs to meet the cap floor.
Lu is better than Theo at this point but not more than 4 times better which is their salary difference. Also Theo wont block Markstrom when he is ready. If Lu is hard to trade now how much harder will it be in 3 or 4 years when Markstom is ready.
They aren't that far bellow the cap floor. They should be there when they sign their RFAs.

cyris is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 05:57 PM
  #953
kushh
Registered User
 
kushh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Burnaby, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Toronto
Roberto Luongo
Chris Tanev
Mason Raymond

Vancouver
Nazem Kadri
Carter Ashton
Cody Franson
Clarke MacArthur

Chris Tanev likely won't ever get a full time top-4 spot in Vancouver, but for Toronto he could potentially be a very good partner for Gardiner in the future.

A Franson + Ballard 3rd pairing would be a good 3rd pairing and is a good mix of offense/defense without giving either player too much responsibility.

MacArthur and Raymond is pretty lateral for both sides... undersized 2nd/3rd line players. Changes of scenary essentially.

Kadri gives Vancouver their temporary Kesler replacement and can center the 3rd line next year (Hodgson 2.0). Ashton gives them a decent prospect on the wings to compete with Jensen/Kassian in the future and could be #1 callup.

Absolutely gross. Not 1 player that helps us.

I take Schroeder and Jensen over any tradable Toronto prospect.

Macarthur, Lombardi, Connolly are all crap to us.

I'd rather keep Tanev than add Franson.

kushh is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 05:58 PM
  #954
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
You act like it's possible for Schneider and Luongo to go to training camp together.

If Kadri and Blacker is a laughable offer, I want your input as to what you would expect the Leafs to give up?

Kadri + 2013 1st(top 5 protected) + Lombardi/Connolly

For Luongo + 2nd.

Kadri is a nice piece, but is a big risk. Seeing as Toronto has a glut of prospects right now, missing a 1st next year wouldn't be so bad.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 05:58 PM
  #955
cbjerrisgaard
Finger Biter
 
cbjerrisgaard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Denmark
Posts: 2,201
vCash: 500
This thread = Canucks Fans to Leaf Fans "You're crazy" Leaf Fans to Canucks Fans "No, you're crazy!"...

Florida Fans "You're both f-ing crazy!"

From what I see Lou will be traded for anything between a teams entire prospect pool to a bag of pucks and two salary dumps.

Should be interesting.

cbjerrisgaard is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 05:59 PM
  #956
Anth93
Registered User
 
Anth93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushh View Post
Absolutely gross. Not 1 player that helps us.

I take Schroeder and Jensen over any tradable Toronto prospect.

Macarthur, Lombardi, Connolly are all crap to us.

I'd rather keep Tanev than add Franson.
Oh ok, I guess that rules out any Vancouver to Toronto trade then.

Vancouver already has their future with Schroeder and Jensen.

Anth93 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 05:59 PM
  #957
wreckless
Registered User
 
wreckless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushh View Post
Absolutely gross. Not 1 player that helps us.

I take Schroeder and Jensen over any tradable Toronto prospect.

Macarthur, Lombardi, Connolly are all crap to us.
LOL, i literally was thinking 'absolutely gross' right before i read your response.

who on earth would think this is a good trade?

however i'm totally not on board with schroeder, i think he is a bust :/

wreckless is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:00 PM
  #958
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Van!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Lu is better than Theo at this point but not more than 4 times better which is their salary difference.
I don't think that's how salaries work.

craigcaulks* is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:00 PM
  #959
Anth93
Registered User
 
Anth93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Kadri + 2013 1st(top 5 protected) + Lombardi/Connolly

For Luongo + 2nd.

Kadri is a nice piece, but is a big risk. Seeing as Toronto has a glut of prospects right now, missing a 1st next year wouldn't be so bad.
And I would do that trade, in fact I feel like my original offer is probably better.

Anth93 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:00 PM
  #960
MikeK
Registered User
 
MikeK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,711
vCash: 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Lu is better than Theo at this point but not more than 4 times better which is their salary difference. Also Theo wont block Markstrom when he is ready. If Lu is hard to trade now how much harder will it be in 3 or 4 years when Markstom is ready.
They aren't that far bellow the cap floor. They should be there when they sign their RFAs.
Agreed. and this is why Luo to T.O makes so much sense. I just wish the two GM's could get a fair deal worked out and help each other out. Obviously Van doesn't want to go into camp with both Luo and Schneids, they will but it isn't ideal... and a successful Leafs team would be a welcome change. For me anyway. I would like to see more successful Canadian teams in the NHL.

MikeK is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:01 PM
  #961
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Ho Borvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Lu is better than Theo at this point but not more than 4 times better which is their salary difference. Also Theo wont block Markstrom when he is ready. If Lu is hard to trade now how much harder will it be in 3 or 4 years when Markstom is ready.
They aren't that far bellow the cap floor. They should be there when they sign their RFAs.
I think one thing Tallon may be looking at is Markstrom being "Schneider 2.0".

Schneider is JUST now becoming a starting goalie but Schneider has become good enough to make an elite goalie expendable.

If Markstrom can become as good as Schneider in 4 years, then Florida just has to go through what Vancouver is currently going through

Ho Borvat is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:01 PM
  #962
wreckless
Registered User
 
wreckless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,364
vCash: 500
and 100% do not want Kadri.

this is probably totally ignorant of me, but i see the kid as a cancer. maybe its just his look, or that way he talks, but i see this kid as a massive cancer who would not fit in AT ALL with AV and the canucks work ethic model.

wreckless is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:01 PM
  #963
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Ho Borvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
You act like it's possible for Schneider and Luongo to go to training camp together.

If Kadri and Blacker is a laughable offer, I want your input as to what you would expect the Leafs to give up?
I don't think its bad, but I would prefer Ashton to Blacker

Ho Borvat is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:02 PM
  #964
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckless View Post
ok, i've been reading your last few posts and i'm somewhat fine with them..

but this post? come on man, get real.

you have an AWFUL top 6 by any top contender standard. your d core is AWFUL by any top contender standard. your goaltending is AWFUL by any top contender standard.

aside from a few prospects which you guys hold in WAY higher regard then most of us, i see nothing in your future aside from the same old.

building a good term without the 2 most important positions is the equivalent to building a race car without an engine or wheels.
Kessel is a top line winger on nearly any team in the League.
Lupul was top 30 in points despite missing nearly 20 games. He should be in the top 6 of most teams in the league.
Grabo has been in one of the top 30 point producing centers for 2 straight seasons. How is he not a good second line center.
MacArthur has back to back 20 goal seasons and has averagerd over 50 points the last 2 years. Not great but fine for a second line winger.
JVR is a big kid who has shown flashes of dominance. He hasnt put it all together yet but we feel that he can.
Kulie is a big defensively responsible guy 1 season removed from scoring 30 goals.
We were top 10 for goals for last season. We baldy need a #1 center but other than that our top 6 is fine.

cyris is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:03 PM
  #965
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Van!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckless View Post
and 100% do not want Kadri.

this is probably totally ignorant of me, but i see the kid as a cancer. maybe its just his look, or that way he talks, but i see this kid as a massive cancer who would not fit in AT ALL with AV and the canucks work ethic model.

Probably is an understatement if that is your criteria.

Now if "product of the TO media machine" was a reason you had doubts, then at least there would be some merit.

craigcaulks* is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:04 PM
  #966
kthsn
Registered User
 
kthsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Toronto
Roberto Luongo
Chris Tanev
Mason Raymond

Vancouver
Nazem Kadri
Carter Ashton
Cody Franson
Clarke MacArthur
Terrible.

Take out Raymond+Tanev for MacArthur+Franson which is a lateral move at best (more value from Leafs side, but more salary as well) and it's:

Kadri+Ashton

for

Luongo.

Would rather keep Luongo.

kthsn is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:04 PM
  #967
Burrows Bite
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 315
vCash: 500
what does it mean when he say Canucks in drivers seat on Luongo deal?

Burrows Bite is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:04 PM
  #968
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Ho Borvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushh View Post
Absolutely gross. Not 1 player that helps us.

I take Schroeder and Jensen over any tradable Toronto prospect.

Macarthur, Lombardi, Connolly are all crap to us.

I'd rather keep Tanev than add Franson.
I would say Ashton and Schroeder are a wash and Kadri > Schroeder.

MacArthur just takes Raymonds spot on line 2-3.

Basically

MacArthur + Franson for Raymond + Tanev
Kadri + Ashton for Luongo.

Stocks our prospect pool, gives us a couple fresh faces playing depth roles for us.

Ho Borvat is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:05 PM
  #969
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,267
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Toronto
Roberto Luongo
Chris Tanev
Mason Raymond

Vancouver
Nazem Kadri
Carter Ashton
Cody Franson
Clarke MacArthur

Chris Tanev likely won't ever get a full time top-4 spot in Vancouver, but for Toronto he could potentially be a very good partner for Gardiner in the future.

A Franson + Ballard 3rd pairing would be a good 3rd pairing and is a good mix of offense/defense without giving either player too much responsibility.

MacArthur and Raymond is pretty lateral for both sides... undersized 2nd/3rd line players. Changes of scenary essentially.

Kadri gives Vancouver their temporary Kesler replacement and can center the 3rd line next year (Hodgson 2.0). Ashton gives them a decent prospect on the wings to compete with Jensen/Kassian in the future and could be #1 callup.
Take out Raymond and Franson. Raymond isnt worth his qualifying offer imo.

cyris is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:05 PM
  #970
Reign Nateo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,650
vCash: 500
Just because people around here hate Luongo, doesn't mean he isn't valued highly by hockey people around the league. He brings intangibles. Has star quality, is a good teammate and great in the community. Plus he's still a pretty good goalie and will have a lot to prove.

Not saying he'll get a king's ransom, but Tallon or whoever else will pay the price eventually. And I doubt he's worried about whether or not Markstrom is ready to start full-time in 2-3 years. They have a chance to legitimize the goaltending position and put them selves in a place to compete immediately. If and when Markstrom is ready, you deal with it then. Not as if he's pounding on the door right now anyway.

Reign Nateo is online now  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:05 PM
  #971
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckless View Post
and 100% do not want Kadri.

this is probably totally ignorant of me, but i see the kid as a cancer. maybe its just his look, or that way he talks, but i see this kid as a massive cancer who would not fit in AT ALL with AV and the canucks work ethic model.
I really can't answer your gut feeling, but I do know we have hardly any danglers on our roster, and Kadri does that..sometimes too much. I could see him ending up as anywhere between a 50-75 point top 6 forward.

Vankiller Whale is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:05 PM
  #972
Anth93
Registered User
 
Anth93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,684
vCash: 500
Alright that's enough of this thread for me.

Anth93 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:05 PM
  #973
wreckless
Registered User
 
wreckless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Kessel is a top line winger on nearly any team in the League.
Lupul was top 30 in points despite missing nearly 20 games. He should be in the top 6 of most teams in the league.
Grabo has been in one of the top 30 point producing centers for 2 straight seasons. How is he not a good second line center.
MacArthur has back to back 20 goal seasons and has averagerd over 50 points the last 2 years. Not great but fine for a second line winger.
JVR is a big kid who has shown flashes of dominance. He hasnt put it all together yet but we feel that he can.
Kulie is a big defensively responsible guy 1 season removed from scoring 30 goals.
We were top 10 for goals for last season. We baldy need a #1 center but other than that our top 6 is fine.
imo the way kessel plays would not work with any top teams first line.

when will bad teams realize that the top teams in the league all have one major thing in common... puck possesion due to in zone cycling.

vancouver, detroit, pittsburg.. all puck possesion teams.

the north south capitals tampa days of zero structure are done.

wreckless is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:05 PM
  #974
kushh
Registered User
 
kushh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Burnaby, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
Oh ok, I guess that rules out any Vancouver to Toronto trade then.

Vancouver already has their future with Schroeder and Jensen.
Unlike Toronto we have decent players and dont need to look to the future too far.

#1 Center...check.
#2 Center...check.

Center Prospects....Schroeder and Gaunce...check.

Top 9 wingers...check.

Top 9 winger prospects...Kassian, Jensen, Rodin, Sweatt...check.


Where do you see Kadri, Ashton or Colborne breaking the door down?

Ya, we're not worried about our future enough to trade Luo for Toronto's questionable upgrades in prospects..

kushh is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 06:06 PM
  #975
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
I think one thing Tallon may be looking at is Markstrom being "Schneider 2.0".

Schneider is JUST now becoming a starting goalie but Schneider has become good enough to make an elite goalie expendable.

If Markstrom can become as good as Schneider in 4 years, then Florida just has to go through what Vancouver is currently going through
shhh with your logic!

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.