HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - ALL NON-RANGER UFA TALK AND SIGNINGS HERE! (PART IV)

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 06:25 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Would not be surprised if ‪#CBJ‬ had Rick Nash talks with ‪#Sabres‬, per RDS report, as GM Scott Howson is willing to talk w all teams.
Quote:
Can confirm, however, the ‪#Sabres‬ are not on Nash's approved list of teams to which he'd accept trade.
Quote:
‪#CBJ‬ GM Scott Howson has talked w all clubs with the hope Nash and his agent, Joe Resnick, would expand the list. No sign of that happening
https://twitter.com/#!/Aportzline

Old
07-02-2012, 06:27 PM
dtrap

Send a message via AIM to dtrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlues View Post
BINGO! Best post of the day!
Howson is a clown and should have been canned three years ago.
Nash aint worth the contract.

Ryan should be the target.
If Ryan should be the target then why are you agreeing with the guy who said to give 3 or 4 years to Alex Semin?

Semin is the worst thing that we could do IMHO...the guy is a cancer plain and simple. Let him go play for 8 billion rubles in Russia...

Old
07-02-2012, 06:28 PM
ltrangerfan

I don't believe Howsen is using other teams to leverage the Rangers.

I believe Howsen is using the rangers to leverage other teams.

The Rangers aren't going to budge on most of their prospects. In addition they are only willing to give a limited number of assets in a possible deal. The offer is clearly not exciting CBJ.

If the Rangers were truly the only interested party or if a tweak here or there was needed then I believe the deal would have been done by now. I suspect the Rangers are holding firm and Howsen has another team or two interested in a price that nears the Rangers. CBJ can always accept a rather lowball bid so if Howsen misses the market and loses the Rangers he believes he loses little.

My guess is Nash goes elsewhere.

Old
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
At least when they turn the Nash Saga into a movie, they can use some epic music:

Old
Lundsanity30

I'm starting to get on Nash's side... How can Howson MAKE Nash want to go to a place he doesn't want to go just to get out of Columbus? It's sick ,just accept the best offer from a team on his list and get it over with or keep him!

Old
07-02-2012, 06:29 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Watch Howson get butt reamed by Sather in a trade, then Howson turns to the fans and says he had much better offers from other teams, but Nash vetoed any trade elsewhere.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post

The Rangers aren't going to budge on most of their prospects. In addition they are only willing to give a limited number of assets in a possible deal. The offer is clearly not exciting CBJ.

If the Rangers were truly the only interested party or if a tweak here or there was needed then I believe the deal would have been done by now. I suspect the Rangers are holding firm and Howsen has another team or two interested in a price that nears the Rangers. CBJ can always accept a rather lowball bid so if Howsen misses the market and loses the Rangers he believes he loses little.

No, he's holding out for a Kreider/Stepan/Couture/Courtier/Schenn, and he will be waiting a long long time.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:30 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I'm starting to get on Nash's side... How can Howson MAKE Nash want to go to a place he doesn't want to go just to get out of Columbus? It's sick ,just accept the best offer from a team on his list and get it over with or keep him!
Nash has done nothing wrong from Day One. If Steve Mason remembered how to stop pucks, this thread is 1000 posts lighter.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:31 PM
DutchShamrock

It would be hilarious if Nash walked into Howson's office and told him I'm not waiving my NTC if Kreider, Stepan, McD or MDZ are in the deal.

I don't need a dose of realism, it's just funny that guys get all amped up to join a team and in the process they nearly cripple the team's structure, be it UFA or trade.

Like Parise, if he goes to Minny, do you really want to go there for their publicized deal? Do you want to win one day? I'm not taking money out of anyone's pocket but you can be dirty, stinking rich with a cup or you can be dirty, filthy, stinking rich without a cup.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:32 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
No, he's holding out for a Kreider/Stepan/Couture/Courtier/Schenn, and he will be waiting a long long time.
That's a great trade for CBJ.

5 assets for Nash.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:32 PM
dtrap

Quote:

You have over thought this by a lot. Nash holds half the cards and Sather holds the other half. Howson is praying to whatever God he worships for either side to drop a few cards so he can pick them up and get some leverage.

It doesn't matter how many teams are interested if the Rangers are the only one Nash is willing to go too. The fact that the Rangers are the only interested party that Nash is willing to go to is what is holding this deal up.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
That's a great trade for CBJ.

5 assets for Nash.
4 team deal! NYR/CBJ/SJ/PHI

Old
07-02-2012, 06:33 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I think the shrewd negotiation tactic would be for Sather to just walk away now. It's aparreant the only team Nash wants to go to. Walk away and see when Howson decides to come running back. Eventually he'll have to come back.

Hell maybe we could get Rick Nash for Dubinsky, Thomas, and a 1st. If not then let Howson keep him. I'd really like to watch that **** show.

07-02-2012, 06:34 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrap View Post
You have over thought this by a lot. Nash holds half the cards and Sather holds the other half. Howson is praying to whatever God he worships for either side to drop a few cards so he can pick them up and get some leverage.

It doesn't matter how many teams are interested if the Rangers are the only one Nash is willing to go too. The fact that the Rangers are the only interested party that Nash is willing to go to is what is holding this deal up.
We're both on record.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:36 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I think the shrewd negotiation tactic would be for Sather to just walk away now. It's aparreant the only team Nash wants to go to. Walk away and see when Howson decides to come running back. Eventually he'll have to come back.

Hell maybe we could get Rick Nash for Dubinsky, Thomas, and a 1st. If not then let Howson keep him. I'd really like to watch that **** show.
I'd walk away completely.

Let him have his 7.8 mill overrated player rot in Columbus.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:37 PM
DutchShamrock

Howson is trying to break down Nash's reluctance to include other teams and at the same time hoping we miss out on other options in free agency. Sather's quotes recently about tapping into the free agent market were directed out Howson.

He's just being a stubborn mule. And I wouldn't put it past him in the least to tell Nash tough s***, I'm trading you on my terms or you'll be playing for me for the rest of your contract. He's not trading Nash until Parise, Jagr, Semin and any other 20 goal scorer finds a home that's not in NY.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Probably not, find it hard to believe that Nash won't force his hand within the next week.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
4 team deal! NYR/CBJ/SJ/PHI
You've William Wallaced Nash? You sick *******.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:39 PM
dtrap

Quote:
We're both on record.
Either way this is becoming a **** show of massive proportions. I agree with the poster that said Sather should just walk away. We made the ECF...we are a decent team as we stand. And when you consider that Dubinsky should rebound, we get a full season of Kreider and our defense will be a year old and more experienced then we should be even better than we were last year.

That being said...Howson will get desperate at some point and he will either trade Nash to Sather on Sathers terms or take another lesser deal from another team that is on Nash's list...either way Howson is the one that will be getting screwed here not Sather.

Old
nsvoyageurs

Kevin Paul Dupont ‏@GlobeKPD

PHWA to offer Parise $150 million just to end it.
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

I remember this saga first began around the same time as our game vs. CBJ this season. The game was on Feb.19. Howson really is making a complete circus out of this. I mean, Shero traded Staal in one day, and it was a good trade for both teams. Howson's been trying to trade Nash for 4 and a half months already. When does he realize his demands are too high?

Old
07-02-2012, 06:41 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Your walls are caving in, Howson.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:42 PM
dtrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I remember this saga first began around the same time as our game vs. CBJ this season. The game was on Feb.19. Howson really is making a complete circus out of this. I mean, Shero traded Staal in one day, and it was a good trade for both teams. Howson's been trying to trade Nash for 4 and a half months already. When does he realize his demands are too high?
In Howson's defense (and that being said, the man is mental...he is an absolute lunatic), he is trying to erase 4+ years of terrible management. Nash is really the ONLY trade chip he has and he needs to get as much for him as he can.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:46 PM
dtrap

Actually if you read Portzline's tweets now, McDonough obviously isn't the hold up...its Stepan and Kreider.

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
#CBJ would love D Ryan McDonagh. Any club would. But if McDonagh is in the deal, he's the centerpiece of it. #CBJ need the centerpiece ...

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
... to be a forward or two. They are desperate for scoring, feel pretty good about their back end, both today and in terms of the future.

and this makes a lot of sense because they just drafted Murray and got Jack Johnson for Jeff Carter...oh and they still have Tuts.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:46 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Its howson's fault for giving nash the NMC. That was hus mistake.

Closed Thread