HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XVIII - SamJam Never Lies (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Henrik To Daniel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momesso View Post
Both stats and icetime support that assertion.

I've watched him, he can play.
So have I.

If Gillis trades Luongo and the main piece coming back is a 2nd/3rd line tweener then he needs to be fired

Old
07-02-2012, 06:45 PM
VanNucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momesso View Post
I don't normally do proposals, but Leaf fans, how about:

Bozak and a mid-tier but promising prospect defenseman (Blacker/Percy) plus a 2nd or 3rd rounder (2013).

For Luongo.

Leafs give up a core player, but a replaceable one, and can look to trade or FA for a replacement. Kadri and/or Colborne notwithstanding.

Rationale: IMHO, Gillis will want someone who genuinely fills a need. And it just makes sense.

===============

From Florida, something similar:

Goc + Robak (and a pick) + Theodore (makes sense cap-wise)
Maybe you haven't read all the replies...but I don't think proposing deals that make sense is part of the overall theme of these threads. I doubt Panthers give up that exact package, but as a ball park it's on the right track.

Deals mentioning Kadri/Colborne just make me laugh. They're a lot more valuable to TO than to Van. Toronto rightfully doesn't want to trade them. Vancouver doesn't (or at least shouldn't) want them.

Canucks...are not getting a blue chip prospect.

Leafs...are not dumping useless salary on Vancouver.

Panthers...are not in a do or die situation, and will not give up an elite prospect. They have Markstrom for **** sake.

Why can't fans (and GM's) just get this?

Old
07-02-2012, 06:45 PM
HappyGilmourr

hasn't it been linked that Luongo won't waive for Toronto...

Old
07-02-2012, 06:47 PM
wreckless

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanNucks View Post
Maybe you haven't read all the replies...but I don't think proposing deals that make sense is part of the overall theme of these threads. I doubt Panthers give up that exact package, but as a ball park it's on the right track.

Deals mentioning Kadri/Colborne just make me laugh. They're a lot more valuable to TO than to Van. Toronto rightfully doesn't want to trade them. Vancouver doesn't (or at least shouldn't) want them.

Canucks...are not getting a blue chip prospect.

Leafs...are not dumping useless salary on Vancouver.

Panthers...are not in a do or die situation, and will not give up an elite prospect. They have Markstrom for **** sake.

Why can't fans (and GM's) just get this?
so frusterating that the year we decide to move LU, the market is awful.

it's just too bad there is pretty much no way we could keep both and trade lu at the trade dealine when teams would give up a ton for Lu going into the playoffs.

Old
rune74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
You are like 100 threads behind, he was never asked.

Old
kthsn

vCash: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
- They don't want to lose any top tier prospects
- They're technically set in goal with Theodore, Clemmensen, and Markstrom behind them
- Any goalie acquisition means trading Theodore, and he has a NTC, and he would rather stay in South Florida as he's basically a starter (plus he had a good season here).
Tallon can offer many non blue chip prospects. Howden/Robak/Shore/(I just realized how stacked your pool is)

Keep Theodore if he doesn't waive to VAN. Send us Clemmensen, we can pay his salary in the AHL.

Keep Theodore, Luongo's groin may not be able to handle 70+ starts.
This works out incredibly well if you have Theo as the back-up this year and Markstrom playing a Schneider type role the next 2 years.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:48 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
Some people said he wouldn't waive for Toronto. Others have said it isnt true.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

vCash: 50
Quote:
The real crux for the Panthers is the following:

- They're technically set in goal with Theodore, Clemmensen, and Markstrom behind them
- Any goalie acquisition means trading Theodore, and he has a NTC, and he would rather stay in South Florida as he's basically a starter (plus he had a good season here).

Tallon has been quoted stating that Gillis is in the driver seat, i.e. to get Tallon interested. I don't think Tallon is going to really ever close the door on getting Luongo but they're not going to actively pursue him from what he's said.
Well, since you don't want to lose a top prospect, I'd gladly trade you Luongo for Versteeg.
(yeah, I know, "he's a Tallon guy")

But being serious for a minute, if we did a deal based around Luongo for Versteeg (Canucks could also throw in Raymond), then Florida could trade Theodore to Toronto for MacArthur.

Canucks get their top 6 forward, Florida gets a very good starting goalie and two 2nd/3rd line forwards, Toronto gets their veteran starting goalie.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
07-02-2012, 06:52 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
Losing Luongo for non roster players hurts this team. It hurts even more if those prospects won't make an impact til the Sedins regress.

Kadri has been playing wing.
He has the skills but hasn't been able to play with men yet.
He needs more seasoning in the AHL, probably 2 years if with the Nucks.
Good prospect but far from a blue chip.

Ashton is a winger who's gonna have a very hard time cracking our roster.
He's a Kassian lite. He can't crack a very weak Toronto set of wingers I don't think he makes an impact on the Nucks any time soon.

If the Leafs want Luongo they'll have to offer players that make us better now.
We do have issues but wingers aren't really one of them I wouldn't call Kessel Lupul JVR Macarthur, Kuliemin a Weak set of wingers is itv the best? no but it's pretty damn solid

Old
07-02-2012, 06:53 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Well, since you don't want to lose a top prospect, I'd gladly trade you Luongo for Versteeg.
(yeah, I know, "he's a Tallon guy")

But being serious for a minute, if we did a deal based around Luongo for Versteeg (Canucks could also throw in Raymond), then Florida could trade Theodore to Toronto for MacArthur.

Canucks get their top 6 forward, Florida gets a very good starting goalie and two 2nd/3rd line forwards, Toronto gets their veteran starting goalie.
I'd do that. But are Canuck fans really that high on Versteeg? I feel that Leafs fans have offered more than that several times.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:54 PM
SpooKy

Send a message via ICQ to SpooKy
Is there a consensus of what Vancouver is looking for in return?

Old
07-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
I'd do that. But are Canuck fans really that high on Versteeg? I feel that Leafs fans have offered more than that several times.
Versteeg fills a need on the Canucks, we have no 2nd line right winger.
The Leafs offering prospects and lesser roster players does nothing for the Canucks right now, we're trying to win now, we're not rebuilding.

Old
07-02-2012, 06:58 PM
kthsn

vCash: 1785
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
We do have issues but wingers aren't really one of them I wouldn't call Kessel Lupul JVR Macarthur, Kuliemin a Weak set of wingers is itv the best? no but it's pretty damn solid
Was referring to last season.

You had Boyce, Brown, Armstrong, Crabb, Rosehill and Ryan Hamilton suit up as your wingers.

Definitely a easy set of wingers a top prospect would've broken into.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
The Leafs offering prospects and lesser roster players does nothing for the Canucks right now, we're trying to win now, we're not rebuilding.
I have no problem with getting pure prospects/picks in return. I want us to stay competitive perpetually and accumulating 1sts and/or "A" prospects is the way to do that

Old
07-02-2012, 07:03 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

Quote:
Leafs have offered packages that add to Kule or MacArthur ++. Both can play RW. Both were better than Versteeg when he was in Toronto.
Yea I know Versteeg is coming of a decent year where he slowed down in the second half. Versteeg was traded 3 times in about a year are you that sure he will work out for your team?

Old
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I have no problem with getting pure prospects/picks in return. I want us to stay competitive perpetually and accumulating 1sts and/or "A" prospects is the way to do that
What if we trade Luongo for prospects/picks, and then we cant sign any top 6 forwards this summer? Do we want Higgins/Raymond playing on the 2nd line for the entire season? I wouldn't.

However, if we can sign a top 6 forward before trading Luongo, then I have no problem trading him for prospects/picks/depth players.

Old
Momesso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
So have I.

If Gillis trades Luongo and the main piece coming back is a 2nd/3rd line tweener then he needs to be fired
If that's all Gillis gets, than that was the market.

I've come to accept that whatever he gets will be the best return for the 'now'.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:06 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Ah dammit, I can't decide if he's awesome or unbearable. The McLennan thing always gets me.

Side note: The restaurant is filmed at Pizza Time in South Florida, as the owner's daughter is married to Luongo and hence the endless desire to come back here.

And while I'm here, some title ideas for more threads:

A Gold Medal Is Not Enough
Trade Another Day
Paisano Royale (With Cheese)
Quantum of Sunrise
Leafall
You know you want him.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Leafs have offered packages that add to Kule or MacArthur ++. Both can play RW. Both were better than Versteeg when he was in Toronto.
Yea I know Versteeg is coming of a decent year where he slowed down in the second half. Versteeg was traded 3 times in about a year are you that sure he will work out for your team?
MacArthur and Kulemin are 2nd/3rd line tweeners. We have plenty of those on the Canucks already, we need a consistent top 6 forward.

Kulemin was garbage offensively last season and has only had one season where he was a good 2nd liner, MacArthur is signed for only one more season.
And the "++" that has been added to Kulemin/MacArthur were pieces that don't do much for the Canucks right now, especially when one of those pieces is a very overpaid player.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Paladin2799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Bozak is a core player for Toronto?
If you are laughing at that, it shows how little you know about the leafs.

He centered the first line for the majority of the season.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
You know you want him.

Aaaaaaand I hate him again. Way to go.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Old
07-02-2012, 07:11 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
The real crux for the Panthers is the following:

Tallon has been quoted stating that Gillis is in the driver seat, i.e. to get Tallon interested. I don't think Tallon is going to really ever close the door on getting Luongo but they're not going to actively pursue him from what he's said.
That's the equivalent of saying I'm set for life financially because I have count it, three bank accounts, one with $1000, another with $10 and the third, a high interest bearing account, with $5000 (but I have to keep the money locked in that one for six months).

07-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
That's the equivalent of saying I'm set for life financially because I have count it, three bank accounts, one with $1000, another with $10 and the third, a high interest bearing account, with $5000 (but I have to keep the money locked in that one for six months).
As in THIS season. Point is that Tallon isn't in a rush to change what isn't broken. Our goaltending was rarely an issue last year. Our biggest problem was offense.

Taking on a contract like that, while not entirely un-Tallon like, is still a pretty big decision.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
Tallon can offer many non blue chip prospects. Howden/Robak/Shore/(I just realized how stacked your pool is)

Keep Theodore if he doesn't waive to VAN. Send us Clemmensen, we can pay his salary in the AHL.

Keep Theodore, Luongo's groin may not be able to handle 70+ starts.
This works out incredibly well if you have Theo as the back-up this year and Markstrom playing a Schneider type role the next 2 years.
Howden is a top prospect, from Tallon's mouth. He won't be traded. Tallon plays chicken very well too. He's content going into next season with his current goaltendingg.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:15 PM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 4850
Seems like Florida is the best place for Luongo unless they aren't interested. Other than them i suppose Chicago unless they won't send him there. Could be he stays with the Canucks which really isn't terrible either and possibly the best bet.

Closed Thread