HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XVIII - SamJam Never Lies (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 07:17 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
MacArthur and Kulemin are 2nd/3rd line tweeners. We have plenty of those on the Canucks already, we need a consistent top 6 forward.

Kulemin was garbage offensively last season and has only had one season where he was a good 2nd liner, MacArthur is signed for only one more season.
And the "++" that has been added to Kulemin/MacArthur were pieces that don't do much for the Canucks right now, especially when one of those pieces is a very overpaid player.
Is Versteeg really a consistent top 6 forward? He was a third liner in Chicago, he was a third liner in Toronto, he was a third liner in Philly for the most part. He is really productive offensively as a third liner but that is where he has been most of his career.

I like your trade from the Leafs point of view. Mac for Theadore is good for us. He is a great stopgap, and the price is much easier to give up than what most of you want for Lu. It is just to me that Versteeg seems like alot less than what you guys have been asking for for the last 18 threads.

Versteeg was traded 3 times last year all for alot less value than Luongo.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:17 PM
aragon416

awww I was hoping for "contract never dies".

Old
07-02-2012, 07:18 PM
I in the Eye

Does anybody know (i.e. has he been interviewed?) how Theodore feels about all this? If Tallon is saying that Gillis is in the drivers seat about Luongo, I assume Theodore must be at least a little bit feeling that his days may be numbered in Florida? In addition to how Luongo and Schneider feel about potentially being in Vancouver limbo together, it'll also be interesting to see how long Theodore's willing to be in limbo, until (and if) Gillis decides Theodore's future (Gillis being in the driver's seat, and all)... Just another storyline, I thought I'd add :-)

Would be something if Theodore asks for a trade this offseason (adds another piece of debris on the road), rather than wait for Gillis to decide what Theodore's future will be... given that Tallon is just the passenger - and unable to steer any assurances Theodore's way... Tallon might see Theodore's fork in the road, but not being in the driver's seat, what's Tallon supposed to do? I guess tell Theodore to simply close his eyes, and enjoy the ride? To wear his seatbelt, but don't worry, Gillis is a good driver?

Old
07-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
Does anybody know (i.e. has he been interviewed?) how Theodore feels about all this? If Tallon is saying that Gillis is in the drivers seat about Luongo, I assume Theodore must be at least a little bit feeling that his days may be numbered in Florida? In addition to how Luongo and Schneider feel about potentially being in Vancouver limbo together, it'll also be interesting to see how long Theodore's willing to be in limbo, until (and if) Gillis decides Theodore's future (Gillis being in the driver's seat, and all)... Just another storyline, I thought I'd add :-)

Would be something if Theodore asks for a trade this offseason, rather than wait for Gillis to decide what Theodore's future will be... given that Tallon is just the passenger - and unable to steer any assurances Theodore's way... Tallon might see Theodore's fork in the road, but not being in the driver's seat, what's Tallon supposed to do? I guess tell Theodore to simply close his eyes, and enjoy the ride?
I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself, there's been basically no coverage about this is in the media down here. As far as Theodore's concerned, he probably doesn't feel any different than last season. Tallon keeps saying our three goalies did a great job last season and he's perfectly comfortable going with them again. Theodore also has a NTC and the belief is he wants to retire as a Panther, whenever that may be.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover View Post
Seems like Florida is the best place for Luongo unless they aren't interested. Other than them i suppose Chicago unless they won't send him there. Could be he stays with the Canucks which really isn't terrible either and possibly the best bet.
He cant stay long term, it wont happen and wont work, and will only be out of pure necessity until we get the best value for him.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
He cant stay long term, it wont happen and wont work, and will only be out of pure necessity until we get the best value for him.
It's looking that way though, unless Gillis finally decides enough is enough.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Nuckles
On the IR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Is Versteeg really a consistent top 6 forward? He was a third liner in Chicago, he was a third liner in Toronto, he was a third liner in Philly for the most part. He is really productive offensively as a third liner but that is where he has been most of his career.

I like your trade from the Leafs point of view. Mac for Theadore is good for us. He is a great stopgap, and the price is much easier to give up than what most of you want for Lu. It is just to me that Versteeg seems like alot less than what you guys have been asking for for the last 18 threads.

Versteeg was traded 3 times last year all for alot less value than Luongo.
Ignoring his first NHL season (where he only played 13 games), he's never had less than 40 points per season.

Last season he averaged close to 20 minutes per night.
In 2010-11, with Toronto/Philly he averaged close to 18 minutes per night, and in his last season with Chicago he averaged close to 16 minutes per game.
He's won a cup before, and he is capable of playing a top 6 role for a full season.

I'd take that over MacArthur/Kulemin any day of the week.

And in the past Canucks fans have been asking for a top 4 d-man, but now we don't need one with the signing of Garrison. Our main need now is a top 6 forward. We could also use a depth d-man (preferably right handed), but we could easily fill that need in free agency.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
07-02-2012, 07:26 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself, there's been basically no coverage about this is in the media down here. As far as Theodore's concerned, he probably doesn't feel any different than last season. Tallon keeps saying our three goalies did a great job last season and he's perfectly comfortable going with them again. Theodore also has a NTC and the belief is he wants to retire as a Panther, whenever that may be.
Ya, probably best to take it one street at a time... See what the road brings... See where Gillis drives this big hunk of metal - or lemon, depending on perspective... Some say the journey is more enjoyable than the destination, anyways...

Old
07-02-2012, 07:27 PM
wreckless

Luongo rolling around downtown vancouver in a G55 = more class then 95% of you will ever know about.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Strombone ‏@strombone1

Remember though, I'm signed until 2054 “@louie8413: Roberto Luongo has 9th highest cap hit among active starting NHL goaltenders"

Old
07-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Inverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Raymond = McArthur
Tanev > Franson

Luongo > Kadri + Ashton

No thank you.
McArthur > Raymond
Franson > Tavnev

No Thanks!

Old
07-02-2012, 07:32 PM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
Well Gillis can decide at any point he's received the best offer and pull the trigger. The only risk to that is if those teams interested get worthy goaltending on their own and lose interest. Of course nobody(here) really knows how many teams have genuine interest but unless thats a short list he's probably safe to wait.

Old
Lundface*

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
McArthur > Raymond
Franson > Tavnev

No Thanks!
Vancouver would never trade Tanev for Franson. One has hockey sense the other doesn`t.

But if you think Franson is better thats good, take them both out of the trade.

Old
Alexander Baigle

Phaneuf and Connolly for Luongo and Ballard.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:38 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckless View Post
Luongo rolling around downtown vancouver in a G55 = more class then 95% of you will ever know about.
What does this mean? The G55 is only out-douched by a Hummer.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:39 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Baigle View Post
Phaneuf and Connolly for Luongo and Ballard.
You'll get flamed for mentioning Phaneuf, but I'd be willing to roll the dice with him as a 2nd pairing guy.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Inverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers NWO View Post
Vancouver would never trade Tanev for Franson. One has hockey sense the other doesn`t.

But if you think Franson is better thats good, take them both out of the trade.
Likewise Toronto would never trade Franson for undrafted player who has proven squat at the pro level, Franson is decent blueline player who can rack up 30-40 points a season

Old
07-02-2012, 07:43 PM
HeavyHammer
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
You'll get flamed for mentioning Phaneuf, but I'd be willing to roll the dice with him as a 2nd pairing guy.
Pretty sure Phaneuf would be 1st pairing guy for Vancouver.

I'm not saying this to insult any Nucks dmen, I just think Phaneuf is pretty underrated.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:46 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post

I'm not saying this to insult any Nucks dmen, I just think Phaneuf is pretty underrated.
The point being, take off the pressure of having to be "the guy". He is not great defensively, so let him do what he does well without having to also shut down a top line.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:46 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:

Classic case of a player becoming so overrated they become underrated.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:47 PM
KeninsFan

Quote:
No he wouldn't.

He's a good defensemen (lower end #1) but he'd end up on the 2/3rd pairing due to chemistry.

Hamhuis - Bieska
Edler - Tanev/Phaneuf
Garrison - Tanev/Phaneuf

Phaneuf would be the 3rd best d-men on our team but we would definitely have the best top 3 in the league.

Having a top 30 d-man on each pairing would be great depth. Also gives each pairing around 20 minutes.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:50 PM
KISSland

Quote:

Pretty sure he wouldn't as I don't see him bumping either one of Hamhuis or Edler. Bieksa maybe. (forgot what side he plays)

And I would hate that deal more than anything. No thanks.

Old
A Sequel to Failure

Quote:

He shoots left. So that puts him behind Edler(unless you think he's better than edler, then ok). Him and Bieksa would be a horrid pairing, so...I just don't see how that works. Unless we trade Edler, it doesn't work out.

Old
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
Likewise Toronto would never trade Franson for undrafted player who has proven squat at the pro level, Franson is decent blueline player who can rack up 30-40 points a season
While I don't particularly care about the trade one way or another, I think you are fooling yourself with your assessment of Tanev. He went undrafted because he quit playing serious hockey at 15 because he was tiny. He grew late, went to the NCAA then suddenly was good enough to play in the NHL. He still needs to put on weight, but his hockey SKILL was never questioned. It was the fact he had the body of a 12 year old girl when most of were getting our drivers license.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Johnny Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
this is what I proposed on the last page of the previous thread

Frattin
Kadri
Gunnarsson
Conditional 1st 2013

for

Luongo
I love how Canucks fans continually fail to consider what taking on Luongo's contract might mean for the other team. Sorry, but 10 x 5.33 cap hit is not very appealling, which is precisely why Gillis is trying to get Lu off the books!

Keeping 2 goalies at $9.3M cap hit also makes 0 Sense for the Canucks and puts Vancouver in a crappy situation by eating up that much cap space on goalies.

Gillis is far from dealing from ANY position of strength and proposals like the one above are completely off base, epsecially when you have Vancouver taking back barely any salary.

This isn't anywhere close to realistic and has 0 chance of happening.

Please just stop and move on!

Closed Thread