HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

2011-2012 Washington Capitals Prospects Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-04-2012, 11:19 AM
  #501
Liberati0n
Full Hammock
 
Liberati0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,013
vCash: 50
For anyone who saw him play this year, what's the deal with Caleb Herbert? He had a pretty productive freshman year, and players coming out of high school are pretty hard to project. Did his actual play line up with his production?

Liberati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 12:02 PM
  #502
Langway
Moderator
Intangibles
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,660
vCash: 500
He worked his way into their top six, which was a great spot for him to succeed with their older skilled forwards. All of those guys left this spring and he'll be their leading returning point scorer. Next year will be a big test as far as his ability to lead the way. His stats were inflated somewhat given the talent around him but he's got decent skills. His wheels aren't as dominant at that level so he needs to bulk up in pretty much every sense to be successful.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 07:29 PM
  #503
Liberati0n
Full Hammock
 
Liberati0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,013
vCash: 50
Thanks for the quick reply. He's intrigued me since he was drafted based on what I read about him. Rooting for him I guess.

Liberati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:43 AM
  #504
Langway
Moderator
Intangibles
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,660
vCash: 500
Boyd & Haar among 46 invited to US U20 evaluation camp.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:49 AM
  #505
sk84fun_dc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 16,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post

Opened the roster wondering if one would be on the list; nice to see both Boyd and Haar were invited.

Note: It's 1993 birthyear or later to be eligible for the U20 tourney.

sk84fun_dc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:25 PM
  #506
sk84fun_dc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 16,364
vCash: 500
I'm working on updating some of the contract and prospect thread information in advance of the draft, July 1 UFA season, and development camp.

Has anyone seen any information as to whether Patrick Koudys is on a roster to play for a particular team in the USHL next season or has decided on another path for playing hockey next season?

I haven't found any additional information since the info. the article indicating that he was leaving RPI; he wasn't drafted in the USHL draft in May.

sk84fun_dc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 11:42 PM
  #507
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor
 
usiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Malaz City
Country: San Marino
Posts: 9,807
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
I'm working on updating some of the contract and prospect thread information in advance of the draft, July 1 UFA season, and development camp.

Has anyone seen any information as to whether Patrick Koudys is on a roster to play for a particular team in the USHL next season or has decided on another path for playing hockey next season?

I haven't found any additional information since the info. the article indicating that he was leaving RPI; he wasn't drafted in the USHL draft in May.
Actually didn't know that Koudys had left that program. Wonder if he'll come to the dev camp.

__________________
True Story™®©
usiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 11:48 PM
  #508
Liberati0n
Full Hammock
 
Liberati0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,013
vCash: 50
Was he drafted into the CHL at all? Would he be able to play there if no team has his rights already? Would they want him at this point?

Liberati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 07:12 AM
  #509
sk84fun_dc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 16,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
Actually didn't know that Koudys had left that program. Wonder if he'll come to the dev camp.
Unless the Caps released his rights, I'd expect him to be there; obviously, there are expenses for the NCAA players to stay compliant with the NCAA rules but many of the NCAA players attend development camp; it's rookie camp in the fall the NCAA players don't attend.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
Was he drafted into the CHL at all? Would he be able to play there if no team has his rights already? Would they want him at this point?
He was drafted by Oshawa in the OHL a few years ago. Have no idea if they still hold his rights, but he's a 1992 birthyear, and next season in the CHL, '92s are overagers so I question whether that would be an option; i.e., limited overager spots and transitioning to CHL hockey as an almost 20yo. Also, from what I've read in the past about him and given the comments in the article I posted, I assume he's trying to retain his NCAA eligibility. Also, another option might be CIS hockey.

sk84fun_dc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:03 AM
  #510
Liberati0n
Full Hammock
 
Liberati0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,013
vCash: 50
Thanks. Seems like he's pretty much a write-off at this point.

Liberati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:18 AM
  #511
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
I'm working on updating some of the contract and prospect thread information in advance of the draft, July 1 UFA season, and development camp.

Has anyone seen any information as to whether Patrick Koudys is on a roster to play for a particular team in the USHL next season or has decided on another path for playing hockey next season?

I haven't found any additional information since the info. the article indicating that he was leaving RPI; he wasn't drafted in the USHL draft in May.
Most USHL teams are up to their ears in 92s and imports(as he would be considered one) right now.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:30 AM
  #512
sk84fun_dc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 16,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
Most USHL teams are up to their ears in 92s and imports(as he would be considered one) right now.
I understand issues with joining USHL teams, too, which is why I waited to ask if he had found a spot with a team as far as anyone had heard, but decided to when I couldn't find any info. that he had. It's 4 imports on an USHL roster, correct?

sk84fun_dc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:32 AM
  #513
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
I understand issues with joining USHL teams, too, which is why I waited to ask if he had found a spot with a team as far as anyone had heard, but decided to when I couldn't find any info. that he had. It's 4 imports on an USHL roster, correct?
4 Imports and 4 92s.

He'd count as both, so there's two strikes against him off the bat.

And FWIW, I haven't seen his name on any rosters of teams who have held camps recently.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:35 AM
  #514
Liberati0n
Full Hammock
 
Liberati0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,013
vCash: 50
It's a shame this year went the way it did for him. I liked what I read about him when he was drafted and was very impressed with his post-draft interview, and he obviously has great size. He seems like a head-case.

Liberati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 10:43 AM
  #515
sk84fun_dc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 16,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
4 Imports and 4 92s.

He'd count as both, so there's two strikes against him off the bat.

And FWIW, I haven't seen his name on any rosters of teams who have held camps recently.
Thanks, I knew the 4 92s, wanted to confirm number of imports. and thanks for confirming what I had seen, i.e., not seeing his name.

sk84fun_dc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 09:35 PM
  #516
28222
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
He worked his way into their top six, which was a great spot for him to succeed with their older skilled forwards. All of those guys left this spring and he'll be their leading returning point scorer. Next year will be a big test as far as his ability to lead the way. His stats were inflated somewhat given the talent around him but he's got decent skills. His wheels aren't as dominant at that level so he needs to bulk up in pretty much every sense to be successful.
Infrequent poster, long time lurker. Was about to ask the same question that you just answered when I saw the posts just now... I have never seen him play, but followed his gameday stats last year so was curious why he has gotten such little attention here. I agree that his numbers may be inflated due to playing with some combo of Brown, Oleksuk, Connolly, but I also think it is important to note that only 5 of his 33 points came on the PP. Those other 3 must have eaten up the bulk of PP time and as a result, Herbert was only 2 points behind the team leader in terms of even strength points.

So I am hopeful that he can show that he is truly underrated on these boards and have a great sophomore season... albeit with less talent around him but more quality ice time incl 1st team PP.

28222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 12:38 PM
  #517
sk84fun_dc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 16,364
vCash: 500
Looks like another invitee:

Chris Joyaux, USHL dman headed to Miami OH


link to hockeydb profile

https://twitter.com/#!/ChrisJoyaux

sk84fun_dc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 08:28 PM
  #518
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
Thanks, I knew the 4 92s, wanted to confirm number of imports. and thanks for confirming what I had seen, i.e., not seeing his name.
He's in Muskegon's camp now...

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 08:36 PM
  #519
sk84fun_dc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 16,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
He's in Muskegon's camp now...
Thanks for the update. Camp was earlier in June; this is the post-camp roster with the training camp and affiliates, isn't it?

Took a few days off from checking the sites; looks like they posted the training camp roster and affiliate list today.

http://www.muskegonlumberjacks.com/n...hp?news_id=629


Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 07-02-2012 at 08:41 PM.
sk84fun_dc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 08:49 PM
  #520
JW12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Sweden
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Looks like Koudys-to-Muskegon is now official, according to their twitter and website.

Any news on Sergei Kostenko? I know Vogs tweeted he was heading to the CHL, but it doesn't look like he was drafted in the Import Draft. I am anxious to see where he ends up and to get the chance to see him play...

JW12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 08:55 PM
  #521
sk84fun_dc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 16,364
vCash: 500
The Koudys info is right above in this thread being discussed tonight, yes. It's the more limited training camp roster for August, he's on the protected list for Muskegon.

I haven't checked to see how many imports or overagers are listed, fwiw, but assuming they aren't over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW12 View Post
Looks like Koudys-to-Muskegon is now official, according to their twitter and website.

Any news on Sergei Kostenko? I know Vogs tweeted he was heading to the CHL, but it doesn't look like he was drafted in the Import Draft. I am anxious to see where he ends up and to get the chance to see him play...
Don't think that was Vogel. It was Malamud and it was reporting something vague that someone else reported about juniors or NA hockey; I asked some questions because the information wasn't clear and got no answers.

sk84fun_dc is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.