HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Anaheim file tampering charges against the Edmonton Oilers?

Old
07-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 50
They don't have to have been in the same room. I guess that's been true since there's been mail. So like, 800 years or so.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 08:31 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
They don't have to have been in the same room. I guess that's been true since there's been mail. So like, 800 years or so.
in the room is a euphamism for every which way people could interact. For example all posts on this site leaves a paper trail and evidence--usually when there tampering involved it is face to face and not via emails, phone calls or other technological ways--becasue they leave electronic foot prints

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 02:43 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

vCash: 500
http://www.anaheimcalling.com/2012/6...etzlaf-selanne

Bob Murray: "Justin Schultz will not be an Anaheim Duck, He's informed us that he wishes to explore talks with the 29 other clubs, and that's his right under the current CBA. I cannot comment on the tampering charges at this time but if situations change I will let all of you know."

this certainly implies they are onto something, and that source on the EDM board who said they had Schultz in the bag already several months ago certainly adds circumstantial evidence of course Anaheim can't use that, but once the charges are filed, every cell phone, computer and text message will be investigated by the NHL

it would be funny though, if someone in the ducks organization found out about the posts, and use them, then the NHL interviews him to demand his source of info.

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 03:23 AM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Mainly none of us could find anything in the CBA that actually addresses tampering. Do you know which section is supposed to apply?
Well the CBA is the agreement between the league and the players. Perhaps tampering would be covered more in the league by-laws, which in the past weren't public record. I think they might have come out in one of the Phoenix court cases though. That might be a better place to look.

Edit- Tampering is covered in the NHL by-laws. Section 15. Page 52 of the PDF.

http://www.bizofhockey.com/docs/NHLBy-Laws.pdf

Last edited by danaluvsthekings: 07-02-2012 at 03:29 AM.
danaluvsthekings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 03:40 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaluvsthekings View Post
Well the CBA is the agreement between the league and the players. Perhaps tampering would be covered more in the league by-laws, which in the past weren't public record. I think they might have come out in one of the Phoenix court cases though. That might be a better place to look.

Edit- Tampering is covered in the NHL by-laws. Section 15. Page 52 of the PDF.

http://www.bizofhockey.com/docs/NHLBy-Laws.pdf
Thank you, much appreciated.

Looks like my dream scenario was all plausible.

I can't get it to copy and paste on the iPad but the rules allow for a 5M fine, prohibition of a contract with the player, loss of draft picks, and transfer of cash and/or picks to the aggrieved team. Section 15 in the bylaws.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 07:00 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
What if the Ducks file charges for tampering and they lose the case? Do the Ducks lose something?

Ducks and Oilers have been active traiding partners and this kind of thing could hurt that relationship but if there really has been some monkey business going on, they should do something.

JabbaJabba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Koffein

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
What if the Ducks file charges for tampering and they lose the case? Do the Ducks lose something?

Ducks and Oilers have been active traiding partners and this kind of thing could hurt that relationship but if there really has been some monkey business going on, they should do something.
No, we don't have anything to lose from the leagues perspective. And if we lose Oilers as a trading partner, wouldn't that just make people around here happy?
I would have expected to hear something about it by now though, but maybe I'm just impatient.

Koffein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 06:09 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

I am still waiing for the evidence that the oilers did some tampering--so far no one has said they had. Based on Murray's comments he was ready if it was Van or TO--not edmonton. I think there is a case against those two teams and even thou Schultz did not sign with them, they can still be found guilty of tampering

Old
07-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
I am still waiing for the evidence that the oilers did some tampering--so far no one has said they had. Based on Murray's comments he was ready if it was Van or TO--not edmonton. I think there is a case against those two teams and even thou Schultz did not sign with them, they can still be found guilty of tampering
Are you on the evidence mailing list or something?

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 06:34 PM
nbducksfan19

the fact that Murray said he is more confused now than ever certainly implies he does not have evidence against Edmonton. If he had evidence you would think his response would be something like "I am not surprised, our due diligence pointed that Edmonton would be getting his services."

nbducksfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbducksfan19 View Post
the fact that Murray said he is more confused now than ever certainly implies he does not have evidence against Edmonton. If he had evidence you would think his response would be something like "I am not surprised, our due diligence pointed that Edmonton would be getting his services."
Not really. Murray isn't going to discuss anything related to tampering at this point, if he has any plans to file those charges. Think of it like a criminal trial. You don't discuss the facts of the case with the media, not until after the trial is over.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 07:00 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Are you on the evidence mailing list or something?
the assumption is that there is evidence--if so what is it?

there is an assumption being made with nothing to back it up

I think if the leafs or Nucks had signed him there may have been a motion made by the ducks based upon comments in the media about contact from players.

No one has answer my first question

How did the oilers tamper in any way shape or form with the Ducks and Schultz

Old
07-02-2012, 07:12 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

How did a poster on the Oiler board know Schultz was coming 2 months ago? HMM?

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:

I think if the leafs or Nucks had signed him there may have been a motion made by the ducks based upon comments in the media about contact from players.

Ohhh. So you think we're on the evidence mailing list.

Old
07-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:

Your name is appropriate.

Why would you assume any of us was an insider? And if we were, why would we tell you.

Perhaps Tambellini spoke with him at a game.
Perhaps Tambellini spoke with his agent.
Perhaps Tambellini got ahold of pics of Schultz in the shower and threatened to release pictures of a micropenis.
There are about a billion things that COULD have happened. Nobody but Schultz knows what did or did not happen and he just isn't returning our calls for some classy reason.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:05 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Your name is appropriate.

Why would you assume any of us was an insider? And if we were, why would we tell you.

Perhaps Tambellini spoke with him at a game.
Perhaps Tambellini spoke with his agent.
Perhaps Tambellini got ahold of pics of Schultz in the shower and threatened to release pictures of a micropenis.
There are about a billion things that COULD have happened. Nobody but Schultz knows what did or did not happen and he just isn't returning our calls for some classy reason.
I did not create this thread--the question is will anaheim file tampering charges agaist the oilers?

The question is why? Did the oiler tamper

as for someone on the oiler board saying Schultz would be an oiler--someone also said it on the Nucks, Leafs, Rangers boards as well

Old
07-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Okay. Do you get that we don't have access to anyone's emails here?

Old
07-02-2012, 09:33 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

This is dumb. We don't know anything about evidence for any team.

I doubt there's any real evidence to begin with, but to come in and say "oh there's evidence for tampering with these teams but not the Oilers..." Well there really hasn't been apparent evidence for any of those teams. And even if there was no one would know until the case is presented.

It's all just speculation.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
I did not create this thread--the question is will anaheim file tampering charges agaist the oilers?

The question is why? Did the oiler tamper

as for someone on the oiler board saying Schultz would be an oiler--someone also said it on the Nucks, Leafs, Rangers boards as well
If you stop to think for a really, really short span of time, you can answer your own question.

If they file tampering charges against the Oilers, then yes, obviously they feel they have evidence the Oilers tampered.

Why would they file tampering charges if they feel the Oilers didn't tamper? Just for giggles?

And you've got us. Every single Ducks poster actually has all the details of the tampering. We just won't share any of it with you because you don't know the secret handshake.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:24 PM
archangel archangel

It would make my day if this happened. However, as stated there is very little way of evidence to suggest that there was any tampering by any team. Most posters are over looking the bare bones of his question. Where is the evidence. You can not file tampering charges becuase you think it was done. Ducks did something to piss the kid off last year and that burned the bridge. It maybe easier for some posters to try and see tampering where there is none, than to admitt there was no tampering to make themselves feel better

archangel archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 11:50 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard armus View Post
It would make my day if this happened. However, as stated there is very little way of evidence to suggest that there was any tampering by any team. Most posters are over looking the bare bones of his question. Where is the evidence. You can not file tampering charges becuase you think it was done. Ducks did something to piss the kid off last year and that burned the bridge. It maybe easier for some posters to try and see tampering where there is none, than to admitt there was no tampering to make themselves feel better
You're speculating even more than the Anaheim fans have been. Where is the evidence Anaheim pissed him off? Any evidence of tampering isn't going to be out there in the public. I don't know why some people think it would be. Tampering is a serious charge. If a team did tamper, they aren't going to do it so overtly that it's obvious to everyone. It's the kind of thing that would be subtle, and would probably take time to prove properly.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard armus View Post
Actually you can. The most recent and probably only example of tampering in the NHL involved a team doing just that.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 03:14 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschtze!

Do people really think posters on an internet forum would have evidence on the tampering? How would said internet posters get their hands on said tampering evidence exactly? If the Ducks are preparing a case, they are going to keep it to themselves and gather the evidence then file the report, if they decide to do so. It wouldn't help a possible case making it public.....at all.

Just when I thought I had seen it all

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 03:35 AM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

Apparently, if the Ducks feel that they have a case to file tampering charges, they're required to present said evidence on HFBoards first. If after said evidence is approved by the fans of the team being accused, then, and only then, the Ducks actually have a legitimate case and may file with the league office.

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:26 PM
archangel archangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Actually you can. The most recent and probably only example of tampering in the NHL involved a team doing just that.
which team was that? I know in the late 90's a team filed tampering charges because their player was sceen having dinner with the scout of another team and that player ended up signing their in the off season.

I know Vancouver filed charges against the Leafs after the head coach WENT ON TSN and said he wanted the Sedins on his team next year--that there is clear cut evidence of tampering. And when the leafs aired a documentary on one of the drafts and Burke talked about what Vancouver was trying to do with the Tampa Bay team. Wilson was fined 100k and Burke and the leafs were warned not to air what other teams are doing

archangel archangel is offline   Reply With Quote