HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Nash Thread IV (All things Nash here)

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 08:39 PM
IHeartZherdev

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Again, they are allegedly offering Pavelski, which I think is fair. Is he as young? No. But neither him nor Nash are headed to the old folks home either.
I like Pavelski, but we could do better from another team. Wouldn't be upset if we got him, but am fine with Howson not settling and trying to get the best return - you can only trade Nash once

Old
07-02-2012, 09:13 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
I like Pavelski, but we could do better from another team.
What's better? Roster player wise, probably not. Better overall deal, possibly. But your statement is in no way as definitive as you make it out to be.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:33 PM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
RT @seelee: @aportzline Is Detroit actually on Nash's list??? #CBJ / Yes.

Ouch, it hurts!

Old
07-02-2012, 09:33 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

This helps shape my opinion of Rick Nash.

Quote:
@seelee: Is Detroit actually on Nash's list??? #CBJ / @aportzline: Yes.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:34 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

Judas.

Please quicken this process up. I want this traitor off the team.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Socks
HeadFake

If St. Louis were on his list he'd be dead to me. Him being a Wang is more acceptable than him being a Blew.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:45 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSock View Post
If St. Louis were on his list he'd be dead to me. Him being a Wang is more acceptable than him being a Blew.
For me, that's how I feel about Nashville and Detroit. If Howson wanted to get the upper hand in the PR battle with Nash, all he needed to say is what Porty just said. The captain of the Blue Jackets wants to leave Columbus and join Detroit. Hell, that's WORSE than Adam Foote.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Socks
HeadFake

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
For me, that's how I feel about Nashville and Detroit. If Howson wanted to get the upper hand in the PR battle with Nash, all he needed to say is what Porty just said. The captain of the Blue Jackets wants to leave Columbus and join Detroit. Hell, that's WORSE than Adam Foote.
Yeah I'm betting most people feel that way. I just really hate St. Louis

Old
07-02-2012, 09:50 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Portzline just needs to shut up, he has not seen a list nor do I believe he has a source that has ether.

“@Aportzline: Haven't seen Rick Nash's "approved" list. Only GM Scott Howson, agent Joe Resnick and Nash himself know entirety of the list. But ...”

“@Aportzline: ... the teams I know to be on the list are Detroit, NY Rangers, Philadelphia and San Jose. To be clear: there could be one or two more.”

If you have not seen the list and no one else has stop reporting what you think the list is as fact.

This guy is a joke with an agenda.

Last edited by 1857 Howitzer: 07-02-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old
07-02-2012, 09:51 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
If there was a hockey player in the world who didn't want to play in Detroit, I'd have to question his sense.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat

Quote:
I don't see it that way at all. Don't get me wrong, I'd hate to see Nash in a Wings uniform. But, I don't take any issue with him having Detroit on his list. After the boondoggle of a front office that he's had to deal with over the last decade, I completely understand how the Wings could be an attractive option. I give my grudging respect to how Holland and Babcock steer that ship.

I'd have a much bigger issue with Howson making the trade than I'd have with Nash agreeing to the trade. It would have to be a king's ransom.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:02 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

I've long since quit believing athletes care about rivalries (almost feel like I should put that in quotes in this case) in the way fans do.

He wants to win. Detroit wins.

If competitors in our jobs offered more successful environments and better opportunities then we'd switch too.

Maybe I'd feel different if the CBJ were remotely competitive with the Wings since entering the league, but that hasn't been the case.

Columbus has what, ONE meaningful win against the Wings in 12 years?
The Wings have won more Cups than that in that time.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:03 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

I don't know, I thought having your captain willingly go to your rival is pretty traitorous. Then again, I understand that some people here have long since decided that Nash can do no wrong.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:03 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

I feel betrayed. Face of the franchise. Team captain. You ask for a trade - only to a small list of teams - and you want to be traded to one of the two clubs that have been the biggest thorn in our side? That's like Urban Meyer asking Gene Smith to get him out of his contract so he can go to Michigan.

Don't let the door hit ya, Rick. And Howson, if you trade him to Detroit... well, I didn't think it would be possible to have a worse GM than Doug MacLean, but that will be your legacy.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:04 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post

I'd have a much bigger issue with Howson making the trade than I'd have with Nash agreeing to the trade. It would have to be a king's ransom.
This.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:09 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Detroit and Nashville have so thoroughly trounced and lapped the Jackets that it is embarssing that anyone would throw the term rival around.

To stick with a college football analogy, Columbus considering Detroit a rival is like Indiana calling Ohio State a rival.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:10 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
If there was a hockey player in the world who didn't want to play in Detroit, I'd have to question his sense.
Agree, I would hate to see it, but how could you blame him?

Old
07-02-2012, 10:13 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Agree, I would hate to see it, but how could you blame him?
Agreed.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:17 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Hell, even Lebron didn't demand a trade from Cleveland in the middle of his contract to go to the Detroit Pistons.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Hell, even Lebron didn't demand a trade from Cleveland in the middle of his contract to go to the Detroit Pistons.
We don't know that. We all know that everyone in his family has a thing for riding West.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:19 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
We don't know that. We all know that everyone in his family has a thing for riding West.
Boom!

Old
07-02-2012, 10:23 PM
CalBuckeyeRob

Everything being about equal in the offers you deal Nash to the East just to minimize the issues. But if the Wings or some other team in your division give you the best package, you have to take it. And who knows, maybe the players you get from the Wings will be the players that knock them off in a playoff series in a couple of years.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:30 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

And don't get me wrong here either. The biggest culprit is our front office who promised Rick Nash a contender when he signed that big contract. Not only have they not delivered, they don't have a clue as to HOW to deliver.

Nash needs to accept a trade to any playoff-worthy team that wants him. He doesn't need to say yes to another lottery team, but he sure as hell doesn't need to be demanding to be traded to Detroit (or only 3-4 other teams).

Old
07-02-2012, 11:22 PM
davidbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post

Old
07-02-2012, 11:25 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
And don't get me wrong here either. The biggest culprit is our front office who promised Rick Nash a contender when he signed that big contract. Not only have they not delivered, they don't have a clue as to HOW to deliver.

Nash needs to accept a trade to any playoff-worthy team that wants him. He doesn't need to say yes to another lottery team, but he sure as hell doesn't need to be demanding to be traded to Detroit (or only 3-4 other teams).
While we're on the subject of BROKEN PROMISES THAT CHASES OFF TALENT....

Adam Foote mentioned this same problem in his parting shots.

Including the impending Nash trade, we have now traded our last four captains:
Whitney, Richardson, Foote, Nash.
With the exception of Richardson, we should have kept them all and built around them when they were in their prime.

Careful what you wish for.

Closed Thread