HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - ALL NON-RANGER UFA TALK AND SIGNINGS HERE! (PART IV)

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
He's left handed. And can play the right side.

But your point stands.

However. The handed-ness and side they play does matter. Unfortunately.

And it absolutely matters to Tortorella.
It does matter to Tortorella. But I guarantee you that handedness matters less to him than depth of guys who actually play the position. He'd prefer righty right D, but he'd rather have 2 lefty right D to go with Girardi and Bickel than Girardi, Bickel and 5 left D.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Well, I don't know, I'm confused. But what I meant was that up until Kreider/Stepan we haven't been able to- I firmly believe though that those two guys will hit 70.
Cherepanov easily had 70 point potential. Other than him we drafted defensemen. For a while the focus was on defense... hence our defensive strength currently and in the future.

07-02-2012, 09:35 PM
RISPECK CLASS 101

Dylan McIlrath

Sens fan coming in peace :-)

I'm very interested in what you guys feel it would take to acquire McIlrath and what kind of strides he's made in his game since being drafted.

Personally I think with your glut of young talented Dman and our glut of young talented forwards, something could surely be worked out.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:36 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I wouldn't call Mueller's production crap if you're expecting him to be a 3rd liner. 35-45 points is right in his wheelhouse, once you get beyond his first year.

That's not to say I'm fully on board with the idea of going after him. The risk with Mueller is his health, since he missed a full season 2 years ago and most of last season. At this point though, with the reasonable options dwindling, I would be okay with taking a flier on him.
If he's cheap enough, why not.

But that shouldn't hold up adding more depth.

Fedotenko in a limited role and Pyatt would add good depth.

If we end up having too many guys, that's a problem we want.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:38 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Imo he is untouchable.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:39 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

hes going to Columbus...

Old
07-02-2012, 09:39 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
It does matter to Tortorella. But I guarantee you that handedness matters less to him than depth of guys who actually play the position. He'd prefer righty right D, but he'd rather have 2 lefty right D to go with Girardi and Bickel than Girardi, Bickel and 5 left D.
I love Yandle, but he's going to cost what Nash is going to cost.

It was reported Maloney wanted Stepan in a package for Yandle.

Which means Stepan and more.

That's way too much for Yandle. And Nash.

Carle could be another option, but he will command an awful contract. So i don't know if he actually is another option.

I would really love to get Stralman back.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:40 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyintherain View Post

I'm very interested in what you guys feel it would take to acquire McIlrath and what kind of strides he's made in his game since being drafted.

Personally I think with your glut of young talented Dman and our glut of young talented forwards, something could surely be worked out.
McIlrath for Zibanejad

Top defense prospect for top forward prospect.

Only way it works.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:41 PM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Difference is that when Ryan is ready for a contract extension McD, Cally, Hank, Stepan, Kreider will all be resigned and well have a better idea of our cap space. With Nash it's a risk.
I wouldn't mind Nash or Ryan, but for some reason I see Richards and Nash creating more magic than Ryan and Richards or Ryan and Stepan. Just seems a Richards-Nash combo would click right off the bat..

Old
07-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Vitto79

Quote:

in a package for a star he could be had but I think after a yr in the minors he will then make the team. Sather loves his tough guys and McIlrath would fit nicely on the 3rd pair.

I foresee Erixon making the team this yr then McILrath the next and that's a nice 3rd pair for the future

Old
ncmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
Kinda contradicting... So to much is okay for Ryan, but to much isn't okay for Nash, or am I confused?
maybe I didn't explain myself the right way. sorry. I don't want the team to trade for either player, but if they were going to go that route I feel they should go after Ryan and not Nash. Sorry if I confused you

Old
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
If he's cheap enough, why not.

But that shouldn't hold up adding more depth.

Fedotenko in a limited role and Pyatt would add good depth.

If we end up having too many guys, that's a problem we want.
I have no desire to bring Fedotenko back and it has nothing to do with him as a player and everything to do with your qualifier. I don't see Fedontenko's role ever being suitably limited to where he is at in his career as long as he's playing for Tortorella. We'd see him on the 2nd line at some point in the season when he has absolutely no business being there anymore.

The truth is, right now, we still haven't replaced Mitchell/Christensen/Avery as our 13th forward. Haley is not an NHL signing. Bringing in Pyatt would be good, because it would make Rupp/Asham less important than they currently are, which is fine with me. Beyond one more 4th liner, I don't see the point in signing anyone else. Just promote from CT. Wellman, Yogan, Hrivik can probably all get looks this year. Haley if need be too.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

This could all be worse by the way. Some of us could be crying about how we hired JJ Daigneault as our assistant instead of Larry Robinson...

Old
07-02-2012, 09:44 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

any new news on the Nash situation?

Old
07-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

This post was just totally unnecessary.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:47 PM
RISPECK CLASS 101

Quote:
McIlrath for Zibanejad

Top defense prospect for top forward prospect.

Only way it works.
Scouting reports have Macilrath as a 2nd or 3rd pairing shutdown guy whereas they have Zbad as a 1/2 line tweener, hardly seems like equal value.

What about a guy like Pumple who has a goal scorers pedigree but who was slowed by injuries recently?

Old
07-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Scouting reports have Macilrath as a 2nd or 3rd pairing shutdown guy whereas they have Zbad as a 1/2 line tweener, hardly seems like equal value.

What about a guy like Pumple who has a goal scorers pedigree but who was slowed by injuries recently?
So you want to give us a guy who has stalled out in his development due to injuries for a guy who has only improved since he was drafted?

No, sorry.

Also, we don't have a glut of defensemen... yet...

Old
07-02-2012, 09:51 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
I wouldn't mind Nash or Ryan, but for some reason I see Richards and Nash creating more magic than Ryan and Richards or Ryan and Stepan. Just seems a Richards-Nash combo would click right off the bat..
Regarding Nash vs Ryan.... one more factor

Did anyone mention that Nash kills penalties?

Is Ryan on the kill as well?

Old
07-02-2012, 09:51 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
I have no desire to bring Fedotenko back and it has nothing to do with him as a player and everything to do with your qualifier. I don't see Fedontenko's role ever being suitably limited to where he is at in his career as long as he's playing for Tortorella. We'd see him on the 2nd line at some point in the season when he has absolutely no business being there anymore.

The truth is, right now, we still haven't replaced Mitchell/Christensen/Avery as our 13th forward. Haley is not an NHL signing. Bringing in Pyatt would be good, because it would make Rupp/Asham less important than they currently are, which is fine with me. Beyond one more 4th liner, I don't see the point in signing anyone else. Just promote from CT. Wellman, Yogan, Hrivik can probably all get looks this year. Haley if need be too.
Would you rather Tortorella have lesser toys to play with. Asham and Rupp are gag worthy if they're both in the lineup together.

One is fine. Not both.

Ideally only ONE of them dresses when the need calls for it.

Asham Boyle Pyatt

Would be OK as a fourth line.

Hagelin Richards Gaborik
Kreider Stepan Callahan
Dubinsky Anisimov x
Asham Boyle Pyatt

There's a hole.

That's why i want Fedotenko back.

If Hrivik or Yogan can play on the third line that would be a tremendous help.

Or if they want to give Meuller a try.

Hagelin Richards Gaborik
Kreider Stepan Callahan
Dubinsky Anisimov Meuller
Asham Boyle Pyatt

Still really want Stralman back to fill one of the holes on the right side of our defense, as well.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:52 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

That hole needs to be filled with someone who is actually a 3rd liner. Fedotenko is not.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:52 PM
RISPECK CLASS 101

Quote:
So you want to give us a guy who has stalled out in his development due to injuries for a guy who has only improved since he was drafted?

No, sorry.

Also, we don't have a glut of defensemen... yet...
I certainly wouldn't say he's stalled in his development, as a matter a fact he showed up to our recent development camp totally jacked which says to me that he's working very hard off the ice to improve.

After watching the playoffs this year and hearing the ages of your D I just assumed you'd be more interested in forward prospects that can score as opposed to D of which you have an excellent group as is.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:53 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:

One scouting report went as far to say that when he lays into a hit, the other team doesn't know if they should send out their medical trainer, the EMT, or someone from a funeral home. An exaggeration - most definitely - but it shows the kinds of hits you can expect. That, and he isn't shy to drop the gloves.

There still is one flaw with him (He doesn't sake well) but I think that can be rectified and I honestly think the Rangers would be better off keeping him.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
I certainly wouldn't say he's stalled in his development, as a matter a fact he showed up to our recent development camp totally jacked which says to me that he's working very hard off the ice to improve.

After watching the playoffs this year and hearing the ages of your D I just assumed you'd be more interested in forward prospects that can score as opposed to D of which you have an excellent group as is.
We certainly have a few very good young defensemen. But, for many of us, our lack of defensive depth is a bigger culprit as to why we didn't make it to the SCF than our lack of offense. A lack of depth is the complete opposite of a glut.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:55 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:

What "scouting reports"?

Not internal Rangers scouting reports. Have you seen him play? He's a future top four probable top 3 defensemen.

What ever scouting reports you're reading are full of ****.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:57 PM
RISPECK CLASS 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
One scouting report went as far to say that when he lays into a hit, the other team doesn't know if they should send out their medical trainer, the EMT, or someone from a funeral home. An exaggeration - most definitely - but it shows the kinds of hits you can expect. That, and he isn't shy to drop the gloves.

There still is one flaw with him (He doesn't sake well) but I think that can be rectified and I honestly think the Rangers would be better off keeping him.
I can see how that would be enticement to keep someone, but surely there must be some combination of prospects/picks coming from our side you'd accept?

What about Mark Stone (also some skating issues) who is my absolute favourite prospect? Or Noeson who's a budding power forward?

I personally would be all for giving up Zbad but that's just because i'm not high on him as a prospect, however I doubt our management would agree.

Closed Thread