HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Stalberg situation

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Without the 20/30 this team doesn't get in the playoffs so...
...so we replace him with another guy who scores about the same amount with the same linemates like his predecessors did? I think we can probably find another Brouwer without too much difficulty.

Where is this "30" coming from btw?

Old
07-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
They might be not too common, but guys who, playing with some of the best players on the team, score 3 points in 13 playoff games are a little easier to find.

He should be moved while his value is artificially high.
I agree with this.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
...so we replace him with another guy who scores about the same amount with the same linemates like his predecessors did? I think we can probably find another Brouwer without too much difficulty.

Where is this "30" coming from btw?
Well, my original post was 20/20 or 20/30 and i went with my projected numbers.

Start rattling off those names and how much they make. I'll wait patiently.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:52 PM
WarriorofTime

If Stalberg is traded I want it to be for something that improves the team. Stalberg + Prospect for Player X not Stalberg for pick + prospect + crappy prospect.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Well, my original post was 20/20 or 20/30 and i went with my projected numbers.

Start rattling off those names and how much they make. I'll wait patiently.
Wouldn't be surprised in the least if he dropped to 15/15.

As for a name, and how much they make, let's go with... Saad. Makes 900k. If chumps like Brouwer and Stalberg can get 30-40 points playing on the Hawks top lines, then I am quite willing to give him a shot to too.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Wouldn't be surprised in the least if he dropped to 15/15.

As for a name, and how much they make, let's go with... Saad. Makes 900k. If chumps like Brouwer and Stalberg can get 30-40 points playing on the Hawks top lines, then I am quite willing to give him a shot to too.
Well, Saad hasn't scored goal 1 yet but...

Yup it's so easy that the 30 guys immediately above Stalberg in scoring averaged $2.86 million in salary. Wonder all the teams don't use 900K guys? They must be stupid.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:44 PM
WarriorofTime

Heck, I'll do a straight up deal for a guy that produces about as much offense as Stalberg did last year if he's a natural Centerman. Someone else with 1 year left on his deal. Who is this mystery player? I dunno but let's get him before Quenneville runs out Kruger as the 2nd line center again.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Well, Saad hasn't scored goal 1 yet but...

Yup it's so easy that the 30 guys immediately above Stalberg in scoring averaged $2.86 million in salary. Wonder all the teams don't use 900K guys? They must be stupid.
Or they don't have a honeypot like Toews to put this person with.

Overrated and overvalued. Should be traded in case the floor falls out.

If we get Parise we can keep him in the bottom six, this is fine too.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:

I'll take that to be code for: I couldn't come up with a better, legitimate, cheaper alternative but I still hate Stalberg.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:58 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:

No....

Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Hossa-Parise-Sharp

would be all good.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
I'll take that to be code for: I couldn't come up with a better, legitimate, cheaper alternative but I still hate Stalberg.
Hey you take it for whatever you want. LOL. I already told you my alternative, and history suggests putting virtually anyone in his spot would have the same effect, so...

/shrug

Whatever, it's all fine to me. You want to believe that the 20g40p Stalberg is the sum of his parts, that's your prerogative. I look back to his 3 points in 17 games when Toews got hurt, and 3 points in 13 playoff games, and I see a guy who bloated his stats against weak opposition and vanishes when he is really needed or when the going gets tougher. He may get his 3m, but whoever gives it to him isn't getting as much as they think.

We'll see who's right come next April. Hopefully it turns out better for your predictions than it did last playoffs.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:13 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Hey you take it for whatever you want. LOL. I already told you my alternative, and history suggests putting virtually anyone in his spot would have the same effect, so...

/shrug

Whatever, it's all fine to me. You want to believe that the 20g40p Stalberg is the sum of his parts, that's your prerogative. I look back to his 3 points in 17 games when Toews got hurt, and 3 points in 13 playoff games, and I see a guy who bloated his stats against weak opposition and vanishes when he is really needed or when the going gets tougher. He may get his 3m, but whoever gives it to him isn't getting as much as they think.

We'll see who's right come next April. Hopefully it turns out better for your predictions than it did last playoffs.

I liked kopecky hated brouwer, but even when they were putting up stalbeg numbers, 30+% of their points came on the PP. They were 25-30pt players if not for the PP. Stalberg was a 43pt player at ES...

Basically, its a ****** comparison.

Old
07-03-2012, 04:38 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

they put up the same amount of points... thats all we need to know.

Stalberg is replaceable and we have enough prospects ready to get a chance and run with it.

Old
07-03-2012, 05:14 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:

/shrug

Actually it turned out nearly exactly the way I predicted for this year's playoffs. I thought the Hawks would miss the playoffs or limp in and make nary a sound, how'd I do? And none of it was because they have Viktor Stalberg, w/o him they likely miss the playoffs.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:56 AM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
they put up the same amount of points... thats all we need to know.

Stalberg is replaceable and we have enough prospects ready to get a chance and run with it.
Only because those guys actually got to play on the power play. The year Brouwer had 40 points he had 13 power play points. With 12:48 ES TOI Brouwer managed only 26 points compared to Stalberg's 13:35 ES TOI netting him 43 points.

The Marcus Kruger debacle should be proof that you can't just throw anyone onto our top six and expect 40 points.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

don't you see a difference between a fully matured player and a euro rookie?

Guy like Saad could put up that amount of points next to Kane, Hossa, Sharp & Toews all year long

Old
07-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
don't you see a difference between a fully matured player and a euro rookie?

Guy like Saad could put up that amount of points next to Kane, Hossa, Sharp & Toews all year long
I'll bet you probably had Beach penciled in for 50+ per year by now too.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

People who deride players who have accomplished a certain level of success and prop up players who are yet to ever play an NHL game because they could potentially match that production... haha. They don't even see how deluded they are.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

What success is that? Heck, beach had the same number of goals last year's playoffs, and only one less point the year before. Maybe we SHOULD have tried him, lol.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:03 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
People who deride players who have accomplished a certain level of success and prop up players who are yet to ever play an NHL game because they could potentially match that production... haha. They don't even see how deluded they are.
... and continue to prop up players that have sucked in the NHL.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:55 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
... and continue to prop up players that have sucked in the NHL.
You mean like Kruger and Frolik. Ther sooner our bottom 6 is rid of these two, the better.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:56 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
What success is that? Heck, beach had the same number of goals last year's playoffs, and only one less point the year before. Maybe we SHOULD have tried him, lol.
Stalberg had more points than Sharp in the playoffs. You know what, who needs Sharp? Let's get rid of him and hope that next year Saad can be half the player.

Hmm... I see Kane didn't score a goal in the playoffs this year. What does that slacker think he's doing? Better package him with Stalberg for someone unproven. And then Beach can jump on the roster too. Maybe he'll hit 10 goals next year! Who needs proven players when you can have a roster full of question marks?

Old
07-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Sharp and Kane have proven themselves when it mattered. The fact you are using them as comparables show how far the lunacy has gone. The only actual questionmark is whether Our Savior Stalberg will EVER come through in the clutch.

But hey whatever. You have a right to your opinion. Just looks exactly the same to me as the last two offseason predictions of the Great Stalberg Leap Forward only to see him fall flat on his face both times. Maybe third time will finally be the charm.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

It is rather ironic that you bring up "lunacy" when it is so abundantly clear your own preconceived dislike for Stalberg prevents you from providing an even remotely unbiased and fair opinion of him and his game.

Heh, sorry Majik. Didn't mean to cross that line.

Last edited by Chris Hansen: 07-03-2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: trolling
Old
07-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

On the contrary, I was simply deriding your idea of "proven". All Our Savior Stalberg has proven is that he cant be counted on when he is actually needed to produce as a supposed 20/20 even strength supergod would either without the Toews honeypot, or when it matters in the playoffs. "Proven", feh.

Closed Thread