HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Commemorative Magazines?

Old
07-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Shootmaster_44

vCash: 500
Commemorative Magazines?

So I'm trying to track down as many magazines celebrating the Kings' Cup win on the cover as possible. I haven't found too many so far. What I have found is:

The Hockey News - July 1 issue
The Hockey News - 2011-12 In Pictures issue
Sportsnet Magazine - July 2 issue

I know there was that magazine someone posted just called the Commemorative Issue, but not an actual publication. Sports Illustrated didn't have the Kings on the cover, they had Lebron James and a OKC Thunder player (I wrote a letter to the editor of SI calling them out about it, I hope it gets published). But they tend to publish commemorative issues for the major championships, so I have hope they still end up doing so. The smallish city I live in has no major bookstore and thus a poor selection of magazines, so I haven't seen ESPN Magazine nor Sporting News, since neither seem to be sold here.

So anyone else find anything? It doesn't have to be a sports magazine, if the Kings are on the cover celebrating the Cup, I'd want to track it down, even if it is Cat Owners Monthly lol.

I'm still also trying to track down the June 12, 2012 issue of the LA Times (I want the entire paper not just the Kings sections). There's some on EBay, but the only one with the entire paper is like $40 with shipping.

Lastly, I know I can order the LA Daily News' cover as a poster, but can you buy the LA Times' cover as a poster?

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
So I'm trying to track down as many magazines celebrating the Kings' Cup win on the cover as possible. I haven't found too many so far. What I have found is:

The Hockey News - July 1 issue
The Hockey News - 2011-12 In Pictures issue
Sportsnet Magazine - July 2 issue

I know there was that magazine someone posted just called the Commemorative Issue, but not an actual publication. Sports Illustrated didn't have the Kings on the cover, they had Lebron James and a OKC Thunder player (I wrote a letter to the editor of SI calling them out about it, I hope it gets published). But they tend to publish commemorative issues for the major championships, so I have hope they still end up doing so. The smallish city I live in has no major bookstore and thus a poor selection of magazines, so I haven't seen ESPN Magazine nor Sporting News, since neither seem to be sold here.

So anyone else find anything? It doesn't have to be a sports magazine, if the Kings are on the cover celebrating the Cup, I'd want to track it down, even if it is Cat Owners Monthly lol.

I'm still also trying to track down the June 12, 2012 issue of the LA Times (I want the entire paper not just the Kings sections). There's some on EBay, but the only one with the entire paper is like $40 with shipping.

Lastly, I know I can order the LA Daily News' cover as a poster, but can you buy the LA Times' cover as a poster?
I may have you covered on the LATimes paper.

There is a commem mag put out by LA Times and another by another company, plus Beckett Hockey's cover this time is Quick...next issue I'm sure is the Kings Cup win.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
I may have you covered on the LATimes paper.

There is a commem mag put out by LA Times and another by another company, plus Beckett Hockey's cover this time is Quick...next issue I'm sure is the Kings Cup win.
That would be great about the LA Times.

I forgot all about the hockey card magazines. I'll have to track down a Beckett and see if any of the other magazines I used to buy when I was big into hockey cards in the early 90's are doing anything.

The LA Times magazine you mention, is it different than the book you can buy from Amazon?

Old
07-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
That would be great about the LA Times.

I forgot all about the hockey card magazines. I'll have to track down a Beckett and see if any of the other magazines I used to buy when I was big into hockey cards in the early 90's are doing anything.

The LA Times magazine you mention, is it different than the book you can buy from Amazon?

That's the one. Also...

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
That's the one. Also...
I find it funny it is a commemorative issue of nothing lol. I'll have to take a drive and hit a Chapters or McNally-Robinson and see what I can find.