HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Official Predators Off-Season 2012 Thread - Part II

Old
07-03-2012, 12:28 AM
predwings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
Now that the already super thin free agent class has become even thinner, is there anyone left that you would like to see the Preds sign?

Parise isn't coming here, I'd imagine Jagr and Semin are out as well. If Shane Doan decides to leave Phoenix, he might be an option, or he might prefer to stay in that area.

Personally, I'd like to see the Preds give Mueller a short term deal, he has plenty of talent and if he can stay healthy, he might be a great addition.
Well, if we can't sign Suter we gotta sign Carle or get Jaybo or something out of this FA season besides 3rd liners and back-up goalies. We either need Wilson playing or traded for another promising piece. There's no reason to continue to pay Wilson if we are never going to play him because of Trotz.

We need some scoring help, we just dropped some of our wingers. I would say we take a stab at Jagr or Doan and shuffle some of the lines around. I'm interested to see what Suter does though...because if he leaves the game-plan changes...we shop Weber and then we gotta pressure to get some talent in return and picks.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 04:37 AM
CalgaryNuck

Canucks fan coming in peace

What would the trade value of kevin klein be?

I only watched one preds game last year (vs columbus when I was in Nashville) but I really liked him and the canucks could use a RHD.

BTW your city has some awesome BBQ

CalgaryNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 04:41 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryNuck View Post

I only watched one preds game last year (vs columbus when I was in Nashville) but I really liked him and the canucks could use a RHD.

Well, considering we may lose one of our top-4 Defenseman in Suter and Weber is an RFA, I'd say we need all the help we can get back there. So Klein probably won't be in play unless an upgrade coming back.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 05:05 AM
predwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryNuck View Post

There's no situation out there where Klein is tradebait...Weber however might be open game very shortly. Start salivating and writing up your offers.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 05:10 AM
alexmanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
There's no situation out there where Klein is tradebait...Weber however might be open game very shortly. Start salivating and writing up your offers.
If Weber were to be in play and the Canucks interested, then their offer would need to centred around Kesler and then additional pieces added on. Personally i'm more open to a deal with the Flyers if Weber is on the block because I would love Couturier.

alexmanu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:41 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

So, we already knew this, but in an article posted last night, Weber's agent confirmed that they're waiting on Suter's decision to move ahead with theirs.

I realize that there's two sides in this forum: Poile love vs. hate. Currently, I'm on the love side, though I'm a new fan. But I'll say one thing, if we end up in a situation where Suter signs elsewhere and Weber will only sign a one-year....If he's not on the trade block and brings in a nice haul, I'm definitely switching sides. We can't do this again next year.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Still plenty of good UFAs available, but every second Suter waits is another second we could lose them.

Parise, Suter, Semin, Mueller, Selanne (I wish), Doan, Knuble, Sullivan, AK, Wellwood, Carle, Salvador, Colaiacovo, Kubina, Rosival, and Hannan are all still out there, plus JBo, Martin, Nash, Ryan, Luongo, and Hemsky on the trade market. Lots of movement still to come.

EDIT: Oh, and Enstrom might get traded too.

Last edited by Top 6 Spaling: 07-03-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:16 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Still plenty of good UFAs available, but every second Suter waits is another second we could lose them.

Parise, Suter, Semin, Mueller, Selanne (I wish), Doan, Knuble, Sullivan, AK, Wellwood, Carle, Salvador, Colaiacovo, Kubina, Rosival, and Hannan are all still out there, plus JBo, Martin, Nash, Ryan, Luongo, and Hemsky on the trade market. Lots of movement still to come.
I'd love to see Poile put in a call to Carle while the offer is still on the table to Suter. If Carle agrees to something reasonable, make a public statement that we've signed another defenseman because we couldn't risk waiting any longer on a player unwilling to commit to the team that developed him. Now, I know that would never happen with Poile as the GM, but it would be one hell of a move.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:19 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
I'd love to see Poile put in a call to Carle while the offer is still on the table to Suter. If Carle agrees to something reasonable, make a public statement that we've signed another defenseman because we couldn't risk waiting any longer on a player unwilling to commit to the team that developed him. Now, I know that would never happen with Poile as the GM, but it would be one hell of a move.
Carle won't sign until he hears offers from the teams that lose out on Suter IMO. Even if he did, he is going to command stupid money. I'd guess 5.5-6 million per year. At that price, I'd rather get JBo.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:21 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
So, we already knew this, but in an article posted last night, Weber's agent confirmed that they're waiting on Suter's decision to move ahead with theirs.

I realize that there's two sides in this forum: Poile love vs. hate. Currently, I'm on the love side, though I'm a new fan. But I'll say one thing, if we end up in a situation where Suter signs elsewhere and Weber will only sign a one-year....If he's not on the trade block and brings in a nice haul, I'm definitely switching sides. We can't do this again next year.
im really hoping that Weber is only waiting to see how much money Suter gets so his agent can ask for that +10%

Because if Weber will only stay here if Suter stays here then **** HIM.... that is a horribly childish attitude for the captain of a TEAM to have.... especially since its highly unlikely that whatever team signs Suter will have the cash to also sign Weber next year...

Poile has proven, repeatedly, that the team is willing to make the same kinds of moves and commitments other teams who are consistent contenders make... so if they leave anyway then Suter and Weber were both liars who just want to leave Nashville and thought they could blame it on Poile but Poile called their bluff....

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:23 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Maybe Weber is pissed off because being in a small market has cost him two straight Norrises?

Just throwing ideas out there.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:36 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
EDIT: Oh, and Enstrom might get traded too.
I'd be on the phone right away with Blum + 1st + Watson.

Weber (assuming he'd sign long-term) - Enstrom
Josi - Klein
Gill - Ellis
Kubina (was just discussing this morning that it'd be great if he'd agree to a 7th role)

Personally, I don't think we'd skip a beat.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
I'd be on the phone right away with Blum + 1st + Watson.

Weber (assuming he'd sign long-term) - Enstrom
Josi - Klein
Gill - Ellis
Kubina (was just discussing this morning that it'd be great if he'd agree to a 7th role)
You do know he's UFA in a year, right?

If he was signed long term, I MIGHT consider that, but for one year of a guy who, knowing our luck, is just going to walk away....no thank you.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:45 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
You do know he's UFA in a year, right?

If he was signed long term, I MIGHT consider that, but for one year of a guy who, knowing our luck, is just going to walk away....no thank you.
I guess I'd be assuming we'd be able to speak with his agent ahead of time. I'm also assuming that playing on the top-line with Weber for most of your career a few hours away from where you spent a large portion of the career would help too.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:47 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
I guess I'd be assuming we'd be able to speak with his agent ahead of time. I'm also assuming that playing on the top-line with Weber for most of your career a few hours away from where you spent a large portion of the career would help too.
Like I said, if we has signed, I'd consider it. At this point, he isn't, and Weber might not be either if Suter doesn't come back. I'm certainly not opposed to getting Enstrom (I'd love it), but not at that price.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:31 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Carle won't sign until he hears offers from the teams that lose out on Suter IMO. Even if he did, he is going to command stupid money. I'd guess 5.5-6 million per year. At that price, I'd rather get JBo.
not me. Carle puts up comparable numbers to suter and has experiece playing with beast defenceman (pronger) Carle would be the perfect plan B. Plus he has seem playoff success.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 09:33 AM
token grinder

Enstrom.....we have a small powerplay qb type already in Ellis. a third of your defence still wearing kids clothes doesn't seem like a recipe for success

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
If Weber were to be in play and the Canucks interested, then their offer would need to centred around Kesler and then additional pieces added on. Personally i'm more open to a deal with the Flyers if Weber is on the block because I would love Couturier.
I think it'd be a bad idea if we were to trade Weber for something around Kesler+. To me it would be a deal that would backfire in our faces, knowing our luck he'll either hover around 55 points with the Preds, or will be injured all the time.

I also think that if we lose Suter and need to trade Weber, then we need someone younger then they are. I just don't think we will be ready to compete anytime soon if that happens, but since we have Rinne we will be stuck drafting safe 2nd-3rd line grinders or defensemen at 11-15.

I wouldn't mind if we were to center a trade around players like Couturier, OEL, Edmonton's Big Three, or is it four now? Hedman, Bogosian, etc.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:10 AM
RaiderDoug

Got bored with constantly refreshing twitter, so I figured I'd play fantasy David Poile for a minute.

Supposing Suter signs elsewhere, I immediately:

1. Sign Matt Carle.

2. I offer a monster (when I mean monster, I mean Crosby like) deal to Weber, give him about 24 hours to accept it. No more games with these guys.

3. If Weber doesn't accept, I deal him to Vancouver for Kesler and Edler. Sign Edler to an extension. He should be good around 5 mil.

4. Pry Bobby Ryan away from the Ducks with Colin Wilson+Jon Blum+another piece if necessary (pick or middling prospect).

FORWARDS
Bobby Ryan ($5.100m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Martin Erat ($4.500m)
Sergei Kostitsyn ($3.000m) / David Legwand ($4.500m) / Patric Hornqvist ($3.083m)
Gabriel Bourque ($0.618m) / Mike Fisher ($4.200m) / Craig Smith ($0.900m)
Nick Spaling ($1.050m) / Paul Gaustad ($3.250m) / Matt Halischuk ($0.713m)
Brandon Yip ($0.750m)
DEFENSEMEN
Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Matt Carle ($5.000m)
Kevin Klein ($1.350m) / Roman Josi ($1.000m)
Hal Gill ($2.000m) / Ryan Ellis ($1.440m)
GOALTENDERS
Pekka Rinne ($7.000m)
Chris Mason ($1.250m)
BUYOUTS
J.P. Dumont ($1.333m) / Brett Lebda ($0.467m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,754,167; BONUSES: $885,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $9,445,833

Now back to biting your fingernails, clicking refresh like a mental patient (or obsessed hockey fan), etc, etc, etc.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post

3. If Weber doesn't accept, I deal him to Vancouver for Kesler and Edler. Sign Edler to an extension. He should be good around 5 mil.
Brought this up to Vancouver fans already. Kesler has an NTC, and there is no way he waives it for here.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
not me. Carle puts up comparable numbers to suter and has experiece playing with beast defenceman (pronger) Carle would be the perfect plan B. Plus he has seem playoff success.
Agreed on Carle/JBo. Weber and Pronger play a similar game, and Carle had his best years playing with Pronger so you'd think he'd make a great pairing with Weber.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 12:09 PM
alexmanu

We just signed Mike Moore, well that's Suter's replacement sorted!

Old
07-03-2012, 12:21 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
We just signed Mike Moore, well that's Suter's replacement sorted!
Who?

Old
07-03-2012, 12:23 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Who?
Played for the Sharks AHL affiliate last year. Likely a replacement for Scott Ford for the Admirals.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 12:24 PM
alexmanu

Quote:
Who?
LOL just some guy who will be an AHL regular for the Ads.