HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Sit and Think Things Through Thoroughly (Matt Carle signed with Tampa Bay)

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
I think players get asked all the time and we don't hear about it. When Holmgren told Gagne to waive it the first time and he refused, word never got out. When he told him the second time and Gagne gave him 1 team, that's when word got out.
hmm I guess that is believable. Maybe I believe the media gets a hold of everything . If they did ask to waive for Carolina, what in the hell would they be offering for him? At the deadline they were 23-26-13(quick calculation on my part, could be a little off) with 56 points. Was that even in contention for a playoff spot then? Just wondering

Wasn't there a website that tracked hockey teams playoff %'s. I am almost certain there is, but can't remember the name.

Last edited by Prongo: 07-03-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old
07-03-2012, 12:08 AM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

If we can't get Suter I wouldn't mind trading for Meszaros + for someone like Bouwmeester or Pitkanen.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:09 AM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingForsberg View Post
If we can't get Suter I wouldn't mind trading for Meszaros + for someone like Bouwmeester or Pitkanen.
Pitkanen hated it here, I think that's why he requested a trade.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:22 AM
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
Pitkanen hated it here, I think that's why he requested a trade.
Man... I can still picture his stupid face after making a big mistake... lol. Something about it...

Old
07-03-2012, 12:24 AM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Man... I can still picture his stupid face after making a big mistake... lol. Something about it...
Feelings aside, if they don't sign Suter or Carle he would fill the PMD/PP void on the backend.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:45 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
His first year he showed so much potential and was even kind of mean. Then he became an aloof goof and fans started to get mad a him. I mean Fedoruk tried to fight him in practice for being complacent basically...

He is now a much better player....but yeah his philly days were mixed..but mostly he was unpopular

Old
07-03-2012, 01:58 AM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
hmm I guess that is believable. Maybe I believe the media gets a hold of everything . If they did ask to waive for Carolina, what in the hell would they be offering for him? At the deadline they were 23-26-13(quick calculation on my part, could be a little off) with 56 points. Was that even in contention for a playoff spot then? Just wondering

Wasn't there a website that tracked hockey teams playoff %'s. I am almost certain there is, but can't remember the name.
I think you are thinking of this site.
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/

Old
07-03-2012, 06:15 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I wonder what Matt Moulson would cost us from the isles.

He's a pure finisher, awful skater but has an unreal wrist shot. Would be ideal for someone like Giroux, and I doubt he would cost the world. He seems massively underrated due to tavares.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:47 AM
mirimon

I thought the Sabres would get a better deal than that for Roy, even if he's coming off a down year. Ott is a very good player as well as a pest, but still. Pardy is pretty much a salary dump from the Stars side. Ott and Kaleta on the same team will be interesting though, the Buffalo-Boston matches could become quite heated. The Sabres have some ways to go to reach the ******* status they had in the mid-90's though, when Barnaby and May ran the show.

Good for the Jets to land Jokinen. He might have been the top center of this ufa class. A top line of Kane-Jokinen-Little could be pretty good (assuming Kane stays).

Old
07-03-2012, 07:37 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

I'd be ecstatic if we traded Briere and/or signed Parise. It would be one of the happiest moments of my Flyer fandom over the last couple of years.

Old
07-03-2012, 07:42 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
I'd be ecstatic if we traded Briere and/or signed Parise. It would be one of the happiest moments of my Flyer fandom over the last couple of years.
Hate Briere mich? Lol

Old
07-03-2012, 09:02 AM
phillyfanatic

I am a big Briere fan. However, I would trade him to get the big free agents. I could see Briere waive his NMC, especially if they tell him he is going to wing next year and possibly zero PP.

However, I doubt very much we are getting either Parise or Suter.....

Old
07-03-2012, 09:03 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Hate Briere mich? Lol
I sure do. Though I will admit it's an irrational hatred

Old
07-03-2012, 09:05 AM
healthyscratch

Eric Johnson close to signing a 4 yr extension in Colorado.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:09 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdugan View Post
Because he/his son both kinda told me these things. He is ready to retire soon, almost certainly after this contract ends, and was asked to waive for Carolina earlier at the trade deadline but said no. He would however accept buffalo and a few select teams nearby.
Haha. Danny Briere told you he was asked to waive his NTC to go to Carolina and that he is retiring soon. Sounds legit.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Haha. Danny Briere told you he was asked to waive his NTC to go to Carolina and that he is retiring soon. Sounds legit.
To be fair, he said Danny's kid told him that.

...and, yes, I'm a bit skeptical as well.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post

I think I remember him saying Briere lived in the development that he works for or something(maybe he lives there himself)? I'm not quite sure how he knows Briere or Briere's kids, but he said why before. Not defending him, but just trying to figure out if he can be relied upon.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:29 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
RT @Aportzline: Would not be surprised if #CBJ had Rick Nash talks with #Sabres, per RDS report, as GM Scott Howson is willing to talk w all teams.

RT @Aportzline: Can confirm, however, the #Sabres are not on Nash's approved list of teams to which he'd accept trade.

RT @Aportzline: #CBJ GM Scott Howson has talked w all clubs with the hope Nash and his agent, Joe Resnick, would expand the list. No sign of that happening.

For wanting out so bad, sure is making it hard to do.
The more I read about Rick Nash, the more I think the guy's a loser. I don't want any part of Nash in Philadelphia. I'm sure where ever he ends up, he wants to be the top billing. He wouldn't get it in Philadelphia and I could see his nose being all bent out of shape about that.

Agreed though about him wanting out so bad, but making it hard to do so. I'd love to see Howson come out and say "we tried dealing Rick to the following places where they are playoff contenders, but he veto'd every one of those places." It's like Dany Heatley all over again. Get over yourself Nash. You're a good player, but you aren't a great player.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:34 AM
StandingCow

Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl

Zach Parise is flying home to Minnesota this morning. He isn't sure if he will have a decision before he leaves Toronto. #parisewatch
Retweeted by Tim Panaccio

You know what, I hope everyone cancels their offers and the FA can begin.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:37 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingForsberg View Post
what's with flyers fans and bringing back ex-players? let alone, one who hated playing here

Old
07-03-2012, 09:37 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I really don't want parise.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
The more I read about Rick Nash, the more I think the guy's a loser. I don't want any part of Nash in Philadelphia. I'm sure where ever he ends up, he wants to be the top billing. He wouldn't get it in Philadelphia and I could see his nose being all bent out of shape about that.

Agreed though about him wanting out so bad, but making it hard to do so. I'd love to see Howson come out and say "we tried dealing Rick to the following places where they are playoff contenders, but he veto'd every one of those places." It's like Dany Heatley all over again. Get over yourself Nash. You're a good player, but you aren't a great player.
This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If he wanted to be the undisputed star, he'd stay in Columbus.

In fact, I think you've almost inverted the situation.

He wants to move to a particular kind of situation--and if you look at the places that he would accept a trade to (New York, San Jose, Los Angeles, etc.)--they are teams that have established star-caliber players around him. In Buffalo, he'd still have to be the focal point of the offense.

It seems to me that Nash wants to be a supporting star on a contending team, rather than a star player on a middling team.

Quote:
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl

Zach Parise is flying home to Minnesota this morning. He isn't sure if he will have a decision before he leaves Toronto. #parisewatch
Retweeted by Tim Panaccio

You know what, I hope everyone cancels their offers and the FA can begin.
I thought he was flying last night. Sheesh.

Parise has to be down to three or so teams by this point. I think they have an obligation to let the spurned suitors know that they can move on--and, by most counts, we're in that camp.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Delete

Old
07-03-2012, 09:42 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
His first year he showed so much potential and was even kind of mean. Then he became an aloof goof and fans started to get mad a him. I mean Fedoruk tried to fight him in practice for being complacent basically...

He is now a much better player....but yeah his philly days were mixed..but mostly he was unpopular

he had a real good season after the lock-out (46pts in 58 games). if it wasnt for his injury, he probably would have been a Norris candidate. unfortunately the following season was when his problems came a front and he also never really performed well in the playoffs

Old
07-03-2012, 09:42 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I think I remember him saying Briere lived in the development that he works for or something(maybe he lives there himself)? I'm not quite sure how he knows Briere or Briere's kids, but he said why before. Not defending him, but just trying to figure out if he can be relied upon.
He said he/his kids. It would be surprising to me if either of them told him, even if he is best friends with the kids and Briere. I would even be surprised if Briere told his kids that he was asked to waive unless he was considering waiving. I suppose the retirement thing might be more believable, but these aren't things that I would think hockey players and their kids go around talking about with people in their neighborhoods. And if it is, shame on you cdugan for coming on to HFBoards and talking about it with even more people.

Closed Thread