HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Erik Johnson signs 4 years $3.75M AAV

Old
07-03-2012, 07:01 AM
Stories
Hockey scientist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Does Johnson's missed season due to the knee injury count as one of his 7 years until UFA? I know it counted towards his ELC, so I'm just assuming it counts towards the 7 years.

Either way, the Avs top priority needs to be finding him a partner, IMO.
It does count towards his NHL service time. So as it stands, EJ has played 5 NHL season. He plays two more years, and then he's officially an UFA. So if we give him a 4-year deal, this contract eats up 2 RFA years and 2 UFA years. So if the contact is indeed <$5m/per, then we're getting a reasonable deal.

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:10 AM
kento19
@kento19

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTN View Post
I think it's easier to pick up pucks, make break out passes, and cross-ice passes when your a D-man on your "proper" side, but I always found it easier to hit when I was playing on my off-side. Much easier to put your weight into a guy coming down the wall or when your catching a forward cutting across the ice from the opposite side. Plus, you always have that one timer when your on your off-side.

I think since NHL d-men often put up a lot of points growing up and in junior (even if they eventually become shutdown/stay-at-home d-men in the NHL), they usually play their "proper" side because it can be easier when you're playing offensively. Though, I'm also from BC so who knows!
I'm the complete opposite. As a righty, i always hold my stick in my left hand while skating backward with one hand on the stick. The way i usually hit is with one hand off the stick. When i'm on my off side that leaves me in a jam and i have to hit with both hands on the stick (or throw a hip). When im on my right side i can keep my stick out to block a possible pass all while throwing everything i have out of my right shoulder on the boards.

kento19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:14 AM
FinHockey
KRH Master Race

@Eurolanche

Erik Johnson signed two years contract with Avalanche/$5.2 mil.

FinHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:17 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinHockey View Post
@Eurolanche

2.6 per?

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:18 AM
FinHockey
KRH Master Race

Don't know. That's all they tweeted.

FinHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:19 AM
klozge
Avs

Quote:
@Eurolanche

Just for the remaining RFA years. I don't think I like this.

klozge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:21 AM
foppagirl21

Quote:
@Eurolanche

This is from the same source that said the Avs' trade for Parise's rights was all but done. ...we all know how that worked out. No offense to Eurolanche, but they are not a reliable source. A group of European Avalanche fans breaking news/insider information? Highly doubtful. Granted, they did state a long time ago that Hejda was having wrist surgery, but it wasn't "new" news. He had already undergone the procedure.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:24 AM
klozge
Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
This is from the same source that said the Avs' trade for Parise's rights was all but done. ...we all know how that worked out. No offense to Eurolanche, but they are not a reliable source. A group of European Avalanche fans breaking news/insider information? Highly doubtful. Granted, they did state a long time ago that Hejda was having wrist surgery, but it wasn't "new" news. He had already undergone the procedure.
They are pretty reliable, though. Most often they get their stuff right. I guess, it'll be $2.6M per year by the way because more than 5 million would be a bit high at this point. 2.6 would be a steal.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Hans Landaskog

I think if an EJ deal went down a more reputable source like Andy Strickland would have broke it. We'll just have to wait.

Hans Landaskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Foppa Frossa

After everyone was saying 4-5 years yesterday? Hmm...

Foppa Frossa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:27 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

That's just silly, if true. EJ getting paid slightly more than Greg Zanon, in a bracket with Wilson/O'Brien and well below Hejda? Can't see it happening.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:28 AM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
They get some stuff correct. The sort of broke the story about Hejda's injury this offseason. But yea... they said Parise to the Avs was a done deal too. I'll eat my words if he signs with the Avs... might eat my shoe actually.

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Foppa Frossa

Maybe they are just spreading misinformation to see if they are ADater's "sources within the team" - if he retweets the same thing, we'll know!

Foppa Frossa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:29 AM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
That's just silly, if true. EJ getting paid slightly more than Greg Zanon, in a bracket with Wilson/O'Brien and well below Hejda? Can't see it happening.
That'd be a bargain eh?

I agree... can't be the official deal.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:30 AM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by en_snabb_svensk View Post
Maybe they are just spreading misinformation to see if they are ADater's "sources within the team" - if he retweets the same thing, we'll know!
Apparently Dater has today off, so all of our breaking Avs news from the DP will be from Mike Chambers.

Old
foppagirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by klozge View Post
They are pretty reliable, though. Most often they got their stuff right. I guess, it'll be $2.6M per year by the way because more than 5 million would be a bit high at this point. 2.6 would be a steal.
I really do not want to "bad talk" Eurolanche at all because they are a highly dedicated and passionate group of European Avalanche fans who are all great individuals, but I really do not see any credibility in their "breaking news" tweets. But that is just me.

That makes literally NO sense whatsoever. Why would EJ sign for 2.6 mil per for only 2 years? Just look at the Hedman deal. EJ is pretty much guaranteed AT LEAST 4 mil/year. Heck, wasn't 2.6 mil EJ's previous cap hit? Why would he take a pay cut from his QO? Duchene- yes, I can understand his deal (injury-laden season, die-hard Avalanche fan, etc). ...but EJ? There is NO WAY this is EJ's deal. Maybe it is 5.2 mil PER year for his first two years under contract as a UFA.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
klozge
Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Would be a typical Sherman contract. I also want another source to confirm it, though. Well, at least it gives us something to talk about.

Old
Hans Landaskog

Quote:
Originally Posted by en_snabb_svensk View Post
ADater is off today.

Hans Landaskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:31 AM
Colorado Avalanche

obviously it would be 5,2 million per year. Not 2,6 million.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

That can't be the truth, EJ getting less than Duchene?

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:35 AM
klozge
Avs

Quote:
I really do not want to "bad talk" Eurolanche at all because they are a highly dedicated and passionate group of European Avalanche fans who are all great individuals, but I really do not see any credibility in their "breaking news" tweets. But that is just me.

That makes literally NO sense whatsoever. Why would EJ sign for 2.6 mil per for only 2 years? Just look at the Hedman deal. EJ is pretty much guaranteed AT LEAST 4 mil/year. Heck, wasn't 2.6 mil EJ's previous cap hit? Why would he take a pay cut from his QO? Duchene- yes, I can understand his deal. ...but EJ? There is NO WAY this is EJ's deal. Maybe it is 5.2 mil PER year for his first two years under contract as a UFA.
Yeah, I guess you're right. They don't care about telling what's rumor and what's actual news.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:39 AM
klozge
Avs

After thinking about it: Neither $2.6M nor $5.2M per year make sense. Probably just false information.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAvs View Post
They get some stuff correct. The sort of broke the story about Hejda's injury this offseason. But yea... they said Parise to the Avs was a done deal too. I'll eat my words if he signs with the Avs... might eat my shoe actually.
If Parise signs here you can eat my shoe, too! Both of them if you like!

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAvs View Post
That'd be a bargain eh?

I agree... can't be the official deal.
EJ: "You need me to sign a bargain deal so you can afford to get Suter on the top pairing with me? Where do I sign?!"

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:48 AM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

I wouldn't like a two year deal. In that case about every guy player we have would have a contract expiring at the same time.

RobinDIF is offline   Reply With Quote