HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Sit and Think Things Through Thoroughly (Matt Carle signed with Tampa Bay)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2012, 09:30 AM
  #101
Jray42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,220
vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
I really don't want parise.
I really do. I just don't want him at a 9m+ cap hit. No way

Jray42 is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 09:32 AM
  #102
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
I don't want him at a 7 mil cap hit let alone 9.

Spongolium* is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 09:34 AM
  #103
JMatt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
He said he/his kids. It would be surprising to me if either of them told him, even if he is best friends with the kids and Briere. I would even be surprised if Briere told his kids that he was asked to waive unless he was considering waiving. I suppose the retirement thing might be more believable, but these aren't things that I would think hockey players and their kids go around talking about with people in their neighborhoods. And if it is, shame on you cdugan for coming on to HFBoards and talking about it with even more people.
FWIW, I believe cdugan.

If you look up the street where Briere lives, the Dugans live right there (Briere's immediate neighbors I believe?) and they have a kid who's first name starts w/ a C.

cdugan also gave some other details in his earlier posts about what college he attends, etc. (I'm not going to repeat everything for privacy reasons) but they all seem to check out.

If this is a troll account or a hoax, it's one of the most elaborate attempts I've ever seen. And I doubt anyone would ever go to this trouble to pretend to be Danny Briere's neighbor.

Quite frankly, I appreciate cdugan sharing these nuggets with us and I hope that he continues to do so. It's fascinating to learn what actually goes down behind the scenes.
There's no real harm in it either because these details will never get to an actual reporter because nobody trusts inside sources that post on hfboards. Plus, we all know TimmyP and co. are too lazy to track down actual inside sources it's easier to just make stuff up.

JMatt is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 09:37 AM
  #104
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
I wonder what was offered from Carolina for Briere

Spongolium* is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 09:39 AM
  #105
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
I wonder what was offered from Carolina for Briere
Yea I speculated the same thing, I don't even think they were in the playoff running at the deadline either. They had a losing record at the time... They got their second line center now though.

Prongo is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 09:45 AM
  #106
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,591
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatt View Post
FWIW, I believe cdugan.

If you look up the street where Briere lives, the Dugans live right there (Briere's immediate neighbors I believe?) and they have a kid who's first name starts w/ a C.

cdugan also gave some other details in his earlier posts about what college he attends, etc. (I'm not going to repeat everything for privacy reasons) but they all seem to check out.

If this is a troll account or a hoax, it's one of the most elaborate attempts I've ever seen. And I doubt anyone would ever go to this trouble to pretend to be Danny Briere's neighbor.

Quite frankly, I appreciate cdugan sharing these nuggets with us and I hope that he continues to do so. It's fascinating to learn what actually goes down behind the scenes.
There's no real harm in it either because these details will never get to an actual reporter because nobody trusts inside sources that post on hfboards. Plus, we all know TimmyP and co. are too lazy to track down actual inside sources it's easier to just make stuff up.
I'm not doubting who the identity of who the kid is making the posts or whether or not he lives near or knows Briere or his family. What I am doubting is that Briere himself or his kids would tell people in the neighborhood stuff like that. I suppose I could be wrong, but it would seem odd to me that the player himself or their family would share these seemingly private details with the neighborhood. If they are close friends, I suppose it would be more likely, but if they were close friends I wouldn't expect the other party to run and post it on the internet. Maybe I'm just being too skeptical.

Also you mentioned that this kid is in college, what is he doing hanging around Briere's kids...aren't they like 13? Haha.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:04 AM
  #107
JMatt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I'm not doubting who the identity of who the kid is making the posts or whether or not he lives near or knows Briere or his family. What I am doubting is that Briere himself or his kids would tell people in the neighborhood stuff like that. I suppose I could be wrong, but it would seem odd to me that the player himself or their family would share these seemingly private details with the neighborhood. If they are close friends, I suppose it would be more likely, but if they were close friends I wouldn't expect the other party to run and post it on the internet. Maybe I'm just being too skeptical.

Also you mentioned that this kid is in college, what is he doing hanging around Briere's kids...aren't they like 13? Haha.
I believe that he said Briere's kid basically takes his room / lives there when he's away @ college. I'm assuming that means that cdugan has a younger brother who is probably friends w/ Briere. I can't say for sure though.

Regardless, it seems that their families are good friends and they are neighbors / live on the same street.

Also, the truth is often stranger than fiction. So I could believe the story about Carolina... though I don't know why they wanted Briere or what we could have gotten in return.

Perhaps the Flyers were going to get nothing in return (or very little) and were trying to clear cap space to acquire Rick Nash (or some other big trade piece)? And with the moves Carolina just made to make themselves into a contender, I could see where they wouldn't mind having Briere for the next few seasons.

Anyway, I'm just saying, I believe the kid. I don't think someone would go through the elaborate process of posing as one of Briere's neighbors and getting all of the details correct only to then turn around and say something crazy like "Briere was asked to waive his NTC to Carolina".

I think cdugan is who he says he is, and I believe him when he says that Briere's kid told him Danny was asked to waive to Carolina. I also believe him when he says Danny would take a trade to Buffalo.

JMatt is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:05 AM
  #108
Stranger Danger
the
 
Stranger Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lanc. PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post

Also you mentioned that this kid is in college, what is he doing hanging around Briere's kids...aren't they like 13? Haha.
Lol, can't you just picture some drunk college kid, harrassing dude's kids in their front lawn? " HEY! you little rich turds, will your dad waive his nmc? And if so where would he like to play?" Then violent puking begins, and one of the Briere children approaches the drunk, looking aprehensive but sympathetic, and says "hey mister, my dad said he would waive his NMC, but only to play in buffalo. But don't tell anybody, ok? My dad would be real mad". Yeah, I just can't seem to see wrap my head around this one. LOL

Stranger Danger is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:31 AM
  #109
BillDineen
Registered User
 
BillDineen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,684
vCash: 500
Philadelphia Flyers ‏@NHLFlyers
#Flyers have signed defensemen Cullen Eddy & Danny Syvret, and forward Mike Testwuide to contracts.

Booooooooooooooo

BillDineen is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:37 AM
  #110
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 13,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
Philadelphia Flyers ‏@NHLFlyers
#Flyers have signed defensemen Cullen Eddy & Danny Syvret, and forward Mike Testwuide to contracts.

Booooooooooooooo
Doesn't that put as at like 49 contracts now?

I thought we were at 47 after Eddy.

FYI--Salvador just resigned in New Jersey.

EDIT: Apparently Testwuide was already counted... so 48?

Jack de la Hoya is online now  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:40 AM
  #111
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Erik Johnson signed a 4-year contract worth 15 million, or a cap hit of 3.75m. That's a pretty good deal for Colorado that could turn into a steal if Johnson could play up to his potential.

mirimon is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:45 AM
  #112
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,923
vCash: 500
https://twitter.com/HackswithHaggs/s...80916604121089

Quote:
According to a source w/knowledge of proceedings, Jaromir Jagr isn't interested in going to Habs or Bruins. Talking w/Stars now ‪#BruinsTalk‬
What is Dallas doing? Whitney first now talking to Jagr?

Prongo is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:48 AM
  #113
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus
 
JohnnyOnTheSpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
https://twitter.com/HackswithHaggs/s...80916604121089



What is Dallas doing? Whitney first now talking to Jagr?
They're a budget team, so they're trying to get players 40+ older in the hopes that Old Country Buffet discounts their meals. Save where you can, man.

JohnnyOnTheSpot is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:51 AM
  #114
3Fs
Registered User
 
3Fs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Western Pa.
Country: United States
Posts: 492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
They're a budget team, so they're trying to get players 40+ older in the hopes that Old Country Buffet discounts their meals. Save where you can, man.

3Fs is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:58 AM
  #115
StandingCow
Registered User
 
StandingCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 50
Ok... I am saying get out of the Parise crap... trade JV and Read for Bobby Ryan.

StandingCow is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 10:59 AM
  #116
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,634
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
Philadelphia Flyers ‏@NHLFlyers
#Flyers have signed defensemen Cullen Eddy & Danny Syvret, and forward Mike Testwuide to contracts.

Booooooooooooooo
at least the Phantoms will be better. hopefully.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 11:06 AM
  #117
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,493
vCash: 500
Can we track down Snider's neighbor....I got a few questions for him

Seriously though..that is the insider we need.

Also, I gotta believe that the insane contract offers made by the Flyers for both Parise and Suter were egged on by Snider! I think the dude fears Pitt getting the both of them and screwing the Flyers chances at a cup before he croaks....I really do believe that ....especially after all these years of losing to the eventual cup winners..not to mention the LA cup win with Carter and Richards. I think he's had enough.....

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 11:23 AM
  #118
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Can we track down Snider's neighbor....I got a few questions for him

Seriously though..that is the insider we need.

Also, I gotta believe that the insane contract offers made by the Flyers for both Parise and Suter were egged on by Snider! I think the dude fears Pitt getting the both of them and screwing the Flyers chances at a cup before he croaks....I really do believe that ....especially after all these years of losing to the eventual cup winners..not to mention the LA cup win with Carter and Richards. I think he's had enough.....
AND it's not like the man doesn't have money to burn.... if he can(his management team) fit it under the cap and NOT cripple the team going forward I think Snider will try.

dingbathero is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 11:29 AM
  #119
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,634
vCash: 50
Holmgren must be going out of his mind with 10 million in cap space 3 days after FA opened.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 11:36 AM
  #120
Stranger Danger
the
 
Stranger Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lanc. PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,189
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=StandingCow;52019371]Ok... I am saying get out of the Parise crap... trade JV and Read for Bobby Ryan.[/Q

Much rather have Suter> our offense is fine and getting better.

Stranger Danger is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 11:42 AM
  #121
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicBRYZ View Post

Much rather have Suter> our offense is fine and getting better.
I'd rather a #1 D also, but this franchise really needs to get an elite W for Giroux.

Maybe neither of those voids can be filled right now, and I don't want our cost controlled depth traded away to fill either needs.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 11:44 AM
  #122
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,634
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Ok... I am saying get out of the Parise crap... trade JV and Read for Bobby Ryan.[/Q

Much rather have Suter> our offense is fine and getting better.
your ok with offense minus JVR and Jagr?

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 11:50 AM
  #123
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,161
vCash: 769
I just want Suter to be honest........and Weber next year

RJ8812 is online now  
Old
07-03-2012, 11:54 AM
  #124
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
your ok with offense minus JVR and Jagr?
Im not. People seem to think read is a lock to even repeat what he did last year. I'm not so sure. And I think it's unreasonable for hartnell to repeat a career year. Especially now that Jagr is gone from that line. Voracek is not going to become a 35 goal scorer next season.

I will be ecstatic if we sign suter. I want him more that Parise. But we still need a goal scoring wing. Our only natural top 6 wingers are hartnell voracek and simmonds.

If we can make a deal revolving around voracek for Ryan, I do it. Especially if we get suter and not Parise.

orange is better is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 11:54 AM
  #125
toughfighter83*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
I'd rather a #1 D also, but this franchise really needs to get an elite W for Giroux.

Maybe neither of those voids can be filled right now, and I don't want our cost controlled depth traded away to fill either needs.
in all fairness, i honestly dont know what the flyers are getting out of courts or schenn because they were great one season but it doesnt mean they are going to great players because they are young and they can hit bumps and not show up.

you cant stand pat here because the devils and rangers know our weakness, maybe pittsburgh if they get zach p and suter and that can hurt the flyers, if the rangers/devils/Pittsburgh sweep the flyers in the season, it could be no playoffs at all. you have to look at them because they are the teams that can hurt the flyers down the road, without upgrading it could doom the flyers season, with those teams beating the crap out of the flyers. do you really want to take a chance on them rather than getting a proven scorer?

no one likes getting rid of young players but if it makes your team better, i would choose that rather than waiting another 5 years for a playoff/cup run because waiting for players to develop on this team might backfire.


Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Im not. People seem to think read is a lock to even repeat what he did last year. I'm not so sure. And I think it's unreasonable for hartnell to repeat a career year. Especially now that Jagr is gone from that line. Voracek is not going to become a 35 goal scorer next season.

I will be ecstatic if we sign suter. I want him more that Parise. But we still need a goal scoring wing. Our only natural top 6 wingers are hartnell voracek and simmonds.

If we can make a deal revolving around voracek for Ryan, I do it. Especially if we get suter and not Parise.
same here, this was like in the 06-07 season when flyers didnt make playoffs because they want to wait for young players to step up without a proven vet and that backfired in their faces because buffalo, new jersey, pittsburgh, rangers were better than us and they had more vets and the flyers had too much youth, i mean yeah we got schenn but without a proven vet goal scorer, it could be 06-07 season all over again if they dont upgrade.


Last edited by toughfighter83*: 07-03-2012 at 12:00 PM.
toughfighter83* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.