HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Sit and Think Things Through Thoroughly (Matt Carle signed with Tampa Bay)

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Jray42

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
I really don't want parise.
I really do. I just don't want him at a 9m+ cap hit. No way

Old
07-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

vCash: 500
I don't want him at a 7 mil cap hit let alone 9.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:34 AM
JMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
He said he/his kids. It would be surprising to me if either of them told him, even if he is best friends with the kids and Briere. I would even be surprised if Briere told his kids that he was asked to waive unless he was considering waiving. I suppose the retirement thing might be more believable, but these aren't things that I would think hockey players and their kids go around talking about with people in their neighborhoods. And if it is, shame on you cdugan for coming on to HFBoards and talking about it with even more people.
FWIW, I believe cdugan.

If you look up the street where Briere lives, the Dugans live right there (Briere's immediate neighbors I believe?) and they have a kid who's first name starts w/ a C.

cdugan also gave some other details in his earlier posts about what college he attends, etc. (I'm not going to repeat everything for privacy reasons) but they all seem to check out.

If this is a troll account or a hoax, it's one of the most elaborate attempts I've ever seen. And I doubt anyone would ever go to this trouble to pretend to be Danny Briere's neighbor.

Quite frankly, I appreciate cdugan sharing these nuggets with us and I hope that he continues to do so. It's fascinating to learn what actually goes down behind the scenes.
There's no real harm in it either because these details will never get to an actual reporter because nobody trusts inside sources that post on hfboards. Plus, we all know TimmyP and co. are too lazy to track down actual inside sources it's easier to just make stuff up.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:37 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

I wonder what was offered from Carolina for Briere

Old
07-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
I wonder what was offered from Carolina for Briere
Yea I speculated the same thing, I don't even think they were in the playoff running at the deadline either. They had a losing record at the time... They got their second line center now though.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:45 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatt View Post
FWIW, I believe cdugan.

If you look up the street where Briere lives, the Dugans live right there (Briere's immediate neighbors I believe?) and they have a kid who's first name starts w/ a C.

cdugan also gave some other details in his earlier posts about what college he attends, etc. (I'm not going to repeat everything for privacy reasons) but they all seem to check out.

If this is a troll account or a hoax, it's one of the most elaborate attempts I've ever seen. And I doubt anyone would ever go to this trouble to pretend to be Danny Briere's neighbor.

Quite frankly, I appreciate cdugan sharing these nuggets with us and I hope that he continues to do so. It's fascinating to learn what actually goes down behind the scenes.
There's no real harm in it either because these details will never get to an actual reporter because nobody trusts inside sources that post on hfboards. Plus, we all know TimmyP and co. are too lazy to track down actual inside sources it's easier to just make stuff up.
I'm not doubting who the identity of who the kid is making the posts or whether or not he lives near or knows Briere or his family. What I am doubting is that Briere himself or his kids would tell people in the neighborhood stuff like that. I suppose I could be wrong, but it would seem odd to me that the player himself or their family would share these seemingly private details with the neighborhood. If they are close friends, I suppose it would be more likely, but if they were close friends I wouldn't expect the other party to run and post it on the internet. Maybe I'm just being too skeptical.

Also you mentioned that this kid is in college, what is he doing hanging around Briere's kids...aren't they like 13? Haha.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:04 AM
JMatt

Quote:
I'm not doubting who the identity of who the kid is making the posts or whether or not he lives near or knows Briere or his family. What I am doubting is that Briere himself or his kids would tell people in the neighborhood stuff like that. I suppose I could be wrong, but it would seem odd to me that the player himself or their family would share these seemingly private details with the neighborhood. If they are close friends, I suppose it would be more likely, but if they were close friends I wouldn't expect the other party to run and post it on the internet. Maybe I'm just being too skeptical.

Also you mentioned that this kid is in college, what is he doing hanging around Briere's kids...aren't they like 13? Haha.
I believe that he said Briere's kid basically takes his room / lives there when he's away @ college. I'm assuming that means that cdugan has a younger brother who is probably friends w/ Briere. I can't say for sure though.

Regardless, it seems that their families are good friends and they are neighbors / live on the same street.

Also, the truth is often stranger than fiction. So I could believe the story about Carolina... though I don't know why they wanted Briere or what we could have gotten in return.

Perhaps the Flyers were going to get nothing in return (or very little) and were trying to clear cap space to acquire Rick Nash (or some other big trade piece)? And with the moves Carolina just made to make themselves into a contender, I could see where they wouldn't mind having Briere for the next few seasons.

Anyway, I'm just saying, I believe the kid. I don't think someone would go through the elaborate process of posing as one of Briere's neighbors and getting all of the details correct only to then turn around and say something crazy like "Briere was asked to waive his NTC to Carolina".

I think cdugan is who he says he is, and I believe him when he says that Briere's kid told him Danny was asked to waive to Carolina. I also believe him when he says Danny would take a trade to Buffalo.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Stranger Danger
the

Quote:

Lol, can't you just picture some drunk college kid, harrassing dude's kids in their front lawn? " HEY! you little rich turds, will your dad waive his nmc? And if so where would he like to play?" Then violent puking begins, and one of the Briere children approaches the drunk, looking aprehensive but sympathetic, and says "hey mister, my dad said he would waive his NMC, but only to play in buffalo. But don't tell anybody, ok? My dad would be real mad". Yeah, I just can't seem to see wrap my head around this one. LOL

Old
07-03-2012, 10:31 AM
BillDineen

Philadelphia Flyers ‏@NHLFlyers
#Flyers have signed defensemen Cullen Eddy & Danny Syvret, and forward Mike Testwuide to contracts.

Booooooooooooooo

Old
07-03-2012, 10:37 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
#Flyers have signed defensemen Cullen Eddy & Danny Syvret, and forward Mike Testwuide to contracts.

Booooooooooooooo
Doesn't that put as at like 49 contracts now?

I thought we were at 47 after Eddy.

FYI--Salvador just resigned in New Jersey.

EDIT: Apparently Testwuide was already counted... so 48?

Old
07-03-2012, 10:40 AM
mirimon

Erik Johnson signed a 4-year contract worth 15 million, or a cap hit of 3.75m. That's a pretty good deal for Colorado that could turn into a steal if Johnson could play up to his potential.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Prongo
Beer

https://twitter.com/HackswithHaggs/s...80916604121089

Quote:
According to a source w/knowledge of proceedings, Jaromir Jagr isn't interested in going to Habs or Bruins. Talking w/Stars now ‪#BruinsTalk‬
What is Dallas doing? Whitney first now talking to Jagr?

Old
07-03-2012, 10:48 AM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
https://twitter.com/HackswithHaggs/s...80916604121089

What is Dallas doing? Whitney first now talking to Jagr?
They're a budget team, so they're trying to get players 40+ older in the hopes that Old Country Buffet discounts their meals. Save where you can, man.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:51 AM
3Fs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot View Post
They're a budget team, so they're trying to get players 40+ older in the hopes that Old Country Buffet discounts their meals. Save where you can, man.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:58 AM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
Ok... I am saying get out of the Parise crap... trade JV and Read for Bobby Ryan.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:59 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post

Booooooooooooooo
at least the Phantoms will be better. hopefully.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:06 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Can we track down Snider's neighbor....I got a few questions for him

Seriously though..that is the insider we need.

Also, I gotta believe that the insane contract offers made by the Flyers for both Parise and Suter were egged on by Snider! I think the dude fears Pitt getting the both of them and screwing the Flyers chances at a cup before he croaks....I really do believe that ....especially after all these years of losing to the eventual cup winners..not to mention the LA cup win with Carter and Richards. I think he's had enough.....

Old
07-03-2012, 11:23 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Can we track down Snider's neighbor....I got a few questions for him

Seriously though..that is the insider we need.

Also, I gotta believe that the insane contract offers made by the Flyers for both Parise and Suter were egged on by Snider! I think the dude fears Pitt getting the both of them and screwing the Flyers chances at a cup before he croaks....I really do believe that ....especially after all these years of losing to the eventual cup winners..not to mention the LA cup win with Carter and Richards. I think he's had enough.....
AND it's not like the man doesn't have money to burn.... if he can(his management team) fit it under the cap and NOT cripple the team going forward I think Snider will try.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:29 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Holmgren must be going out of his mind with 10 million in cap space 3 days after FA opened.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Stranger Danger
the

[QUOTE=StandingCow;52019371]Ok... I am saying get out of the Parise crap... trade JV and Read for Bobby Ryan.[/Q

Much rather have Suter> our offense is fine and getting better.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:42 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicBRYZ View Post

I'd rather a #1 D also, but this franchise really needs to get an elite W for Giroux.

Maybe neither of those voids can be filled right now, and I don't want our cost controlled depth traded away to fill either needs.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:44 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Ok... I am saying get out of the Parise crap... trade JV and Read for Bobby Ryan.[/Q

your ok with offense minus JVR and Jagr?

Old
07-03-2012, 11:50 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
I just want Suter to be honest........and Weber next year

Old
07-03-2012, 11:54 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
your ok with offense minus JVR and Jagr?
Im not. People seem to think read is a lock to even repeat what he did last year. I'm not so sure. And I think it's unreasonable for hartnell to repeat a career year. Especially now that Jagr is gone from that line. Voracek is not going to become a 35 goal scorer next season.

I will be ecstatic if we sign suter. I want him more that Parise. But we still need a goal scoring wing. Our only natural top 6 wingers are hartnell voracek and simmonds.

If we can make a deal revolving around voracek for Ryan, I do it. Especially if we get suter and not Parise.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:54 AM
toughfighter83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
I'd rather a #1 D also, but this franchise really needs to get an elite W for Giroux.

Maybe neither of those voids can be filled right now, and I don't want our cost controlled depth traded away to fill either needs.
in all fairness, i honestly dont know what the flyers are getting out of courts or schenn because they were great one season but it doesnt mean they are going to great players because they are young and they can hit bumps and not show up.

you cant stand pat here because the devils and rangers know our weakness, maybe pittsburgh if they get zach p and suter and that can hurt the flyers, if the rangers/devils/Pittsburgh sweep the flyers in the season, it could be no playoffs at all. you have to look at them because they are the teams that can hurt the flyers down the road, without upgrading it could doom the flyers season, with those teams beating the crap out of the flyers. do you really want to take a chance on them rather than getting a proven scorer?

no one likes getting rid of young players but if it makes your team better, i would choose that rather than waiting another 5 years for a playoff/cup run because waiting for players to develop on this team might backfire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Im not. People seem to think read is a lock to even repeat what he did last year. I'm not so sure. And I think it's unreasonable for hartnell to repeat a career year. Especially now that Jagr is gone from that line. Voracek is not going to become a 35 goal scorer next season.

I will be ecstatic if we sign suter. I want him more that Parise. But we still need a goal scoring wing. Our only natural top 6 wingers are hartnell voracek and simmonds.

If we can make a deal revolving around voracek for Ryan, I do it. Especially if we get suter and not Parise.
same here, this was like in the 06-07 season when flyers didnt make playoffs because they want to wait for young players to step up without a proven vet and that backfired in their faces because buffalo, new jersey, pittsburgh, rangers were better than us and they had more vets and the flyers had too much youth, i mean yeah we got schenn but without a proven vet goal scorer, it could be 06-07 season all over again if they dont upgrade.

Last edited by toughfighter83*: 07-03-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Closed Thread