HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agency 2012 (7/1/12)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2012, 12:00 PM
  #926
Quattro
Registered User
 
Quattro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 4,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Not that I have a dog in this fight, but reading your post wondered about how you would move forward should the Kings obtain him?

Would you still be an enthusiastic Kings fan?
I would have to seriously reevaluate my fandom if Perry came to the Kings. That's how much I hate him.

I went through the same thing when Roenick came here. I decided to put my dislike of him aside and cheer for him because he was a King. Look at how THAT turned out. Probably the most disgracefully unprofessional season in sports history.

Perry is a miserable little ****.

Quattro is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 12:02 PM
  #927
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 9,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
I've seen enough from him to know I don't like him. There is nothing he brings that couldn't be brought by someone else. Really quite simple. If you like him, I'm ok with that.
Don't really know him from a personality standpoint, just wondering how any of you guys would deal with him if he indeed became a kings player.

I stopped caring if pro athletes weren't saints a long time ago...obviously, they are not. Kobe is a talent whose attitude I have basically put up with for 15 years; don't care for it at all but what are you going to do, root for the Bobcats?

Uh, no.

I get your position, I really wish we can like all our players but these guys will always have flaws, some more than others.

Ron is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 12:05 PM
  #928
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Brea, California
Country: United States
Posts: 9,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
I would have to seriously reevaluate my fandom if Perry came to the Kings. That's how much I hate him.

I went through the same thing when Roenick came here. I decided to put my dislike of him aside and cheer for him because he was a King. Look at how THAT turned out. Probably the most disgracefully unprofessional season in sports history.

Perry is a miserable little ****.
Ha ha, I didn't care for Roenick either, but you got to admit, the dancing videos are a hoot.

Ron is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 12:10 PM
  #929
Flour Child
Unleavened User
 
Flour Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Drury Lane
Posts: 22,521
vCash: 383
Perry is like Steve Larmer: a guy you hate unless he is on your team

Flour Child is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 12:21 PM
  #930
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Salvador gets $9.5 for 3 years from NJ. $3.17 per year and a 35+ contract.

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 12:23 PM
  #931
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!
 
KopitarFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 9,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Salvador gets $9.5 for 3 years from NJ. $3.17 per year and a 35+ contract.
Ouch.

KopitarFAN is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 12:25 PM
  #932
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,465
vCash: 500
Talking about getting Doan is bad enough, now people are talking about Perry?

Good God, the Kings just won a Stanley Cup, why would we sink to new lows by trying to bring in Corey Perry and Dr. Shane Doan.

I survived having to watch that puke Blake again, so if that didn't drive me from the team nothing will, but talk about a tough couple of guys to cheer for.

Herby is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 12:27 PM
  #933
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,857
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Doan, as much as I don't like him in Phoenix, I'd love here, church boy and all. Perry, I'm not sure I could like him even if he was here.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 12:30 PM
  #934
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Doan, as much as I don't like him in Phoenix, I'd love here, church boy and all. Perry, I'm not sure I could like him even if he was here.
Doan could atleast act as team orthopedist on the side. Perry offers nothing!

Herby is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 12:56 PM
  #935
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Per Daniel Tolensky:

Andrew Campbell signs a 2 year deal with LA.

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 12:59 PM
  #936
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I like Semin, the criticisms of him are greatly exaggerated.

But why would we need him? We already have plenty of wingers.
Semin is sort of in the position of Bobby Ryan with the ducks.

No matter how bad Ovy and Backstrom play...you know you aren't going to get rid of either of them...same with Getzlaf and Perry...

odd man out in both situations...Ryan and Semin

Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 01:01 PM
  #937
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,465
vCash: 500
Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs

Future HOF FA Jaromir Jagr not interested in coming to Bruins or Habs & is currently talking w/Dallas Stars http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...00&feedID=3352 #BruinsTalk

---------------------------------------------------------

Dallas is trying to corner the market on 40 year olds.

Joe Nieuwendyk, you were a great player, as far as being an executive, well you were a great player.

Herby is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 01:01 PM
  #938
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Per Daniel Tolensky:

Andrew Campbell signs a 2 year deal with LA.
I think he see's the NHL this season.

Jason Lewis is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 01:02 PM
  #939
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
why would anyone NOT want Doan on our team. He does the same stuff Brown does. What's there to hate about him except to play against a guy as tough as nails? Doan is second only to Parise in my book. And that's only because he's older. If they were the same age, I'd probably go Doan over Parise

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 01:06 PM
  #940
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
why would anyone NOT want Doan on our team. He does the same stuff Brown does. What's there to hate about him except to play against a guy as tough as nails? Doan is second only to Parise in my book. And that's only because he's older. If they were the same age, I'd probably go Doan over Parise
People have given their reasons both for and against.

My biggest two issues are chemistry (why mess with a great room) and contract dollars and length (could be another Smyth situation).

Herby is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 01:09 PM
  #941
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!
 
Knight of the Realm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Westeros
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 5,182
vCash: 500
Why would Doan pick LA after the playoffs? Would think we would be last on his list Stanley Cup and all.

Knight of the Realm is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 01:13 PM
  #942
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Why would Doan pick LA after the playoffs? Would think we would be last on his list Stanley Cup and all.
Because the general consensus is that he would want to play on a contender and be as close to Phoenix as possible. Sounds like the Kings to me

ScoreZeGoals is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 01:25 PM
  #943
SLang
Registered User
 
SLang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 3,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs

Future HOF FA Jaromir Jagr not interested in coming to Bruins or Habs & is currently talking w/Dallas Stars http://www.csnne.com/hockey-boston-b...00&feedID=3352 #BruinsTalk

---------------------------------------------------------

Dallas is trying to corner the market on 40 year olds.

Joe Nieuwendyk, you were a great player, as far as being an executive, well you were a great player.
No kidding. I must say, I love what our competition is doing. Someone said they're all waiting for Parise and Suter to sign, but they're all signing guys.....it's just the signings aren't worrisome....I don't think anyone's gotten better.

The Kings, while not making any changes, are getting better by just staying the same and furthering the chemistry built at the end of the reg season and thruoghout the playoffs. Any Doan (or longshot Parise) signing is just going to add depth.

Can you imagine: "Uh yeah, our depth guys are Shane Doan, Simon Gagne, Brad Richardson, and Kyle Clifford".

SLang is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 01:27 PM
  #944
Quattro
Registered User
 
Quattro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 4,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
why would anyone NOT want Doan on our team.
The main concern for me is that the events of last season (his elbowing suspension and his disgraceful meltdown in WCF Game 5) may have revealed his true character and that that could lead to problems in the room.

Quattro is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 01:37 PM
  #945
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow
 
WhatTheFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: the Black Hole
Posts: 2,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Because the general consensus is that he would want to play on a contender and be as close to Phoenix as possible. Sounds like the Kings to me
Only problem is that the rumor is he'll be looking for a 4-5 year deal. I don't know if LA can committ to that length.

WhatTheFox is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 01:38 PM
  #946
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
The main concern for me is that the events of last season (his elbowing suspension and his disgraceful meltdown in WCF Game 5) may have revealed his true character and that that could lead to problems in the room.
this is what i'm talking about. Where are these speculative "character issues" coming from. Doan is not a dirty player. He hits hard and sometimes bad things happen - again, look at Brown. And his meltdown is again completely understandable. that was a perfect storm of emotions colliding into 30 seconds. Like I said before, had I been in Doan's shoes, I would have been throwing the goalie net into the Kings dog pile. You wouldn't have completely lost it after a "dirty hit" leads to an OT goal? come on...

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 01:39 PM
  #947
Flour Child
Unleavened User
 
Flour Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Drury Lane
Posts: 22,521
vCash: 383
I was talking with Face Wash about this over email.

Does anyone know what the hell Dallas is doing? Are they trying to have as many new players as they possibly can next season?

Flour Child is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 01:40 PM
  #948
Live in the Now
YNWA
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,774
vCash: 500
Awards:
With Doan, I'm worried about the term, and I'd be worried that he'd undermine the current leadership group.

Live in the Now is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 01:41 PM
  #949
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I was talking with Face Wash about this over email.

Does anyone know what the hell Dallas is doing? Are they trying to have as many new players as they possibly can next season?
New ownership. Wants to spend money and has an inexperienced GM.

Sydor25 is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 01:43 PM
  #950
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 32,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
With Doan, I'm worried about the term, and I'd be worried that he'd undermine the current leadership group.
Doan isn't Chris Pronger. He's a player who will do anything to win and I'm sure he'd have no qualms not being the "go-to-guy" in LA. He's never been that type of player and he's respected throughout the league. His character is second to none. People talk up the idea of bringing in a player like Iginla, and Doan is the exact same type of player.

He's never been injury prone and he's always been a big game performer. I find it baffling that people question this player.

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.