HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carkner turns down 1 year deal from Sens

Old
07-01-2012, 02:23 PM
crockpot

vCash: 500
Congratz to Matt. Really happy for him, but ummmm . .. who's gonna look after our young guys on the ice? Matt and Zenon, both gone. Talk about soft!!!!!!!

crockpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 02:39 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockpot View Post
Congratz to Matt. Really happy for him, but ummmm . .. who's gonna look after our young guys on the ice? Matt and Zenon, both gone. Talk about soft!!!!!!!
I don't think they will be soft the biggest issues with Matt and Zenon is at times they would play stupid and take Ottawa right out of games.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 02:45 PM
crockpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
I don't think they will be soft the biggest issues with Matt and Zenon is at times they would play stupid and take Ottawa right out of games.
I don't think Matt played stupid, but yes, I'll agree with Zenon. Although I think sometimes his reputation was more to blame. When he was on the ice the refs were looking for him.

crockpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:03 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

vCash: 1000
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Good luck to Carkner in NYI - hopefully we don't have a great regular season with a lot of youth scoring and then get run over in the playoffs by a big, mean, nasty Philly team.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:47 AM
longsuffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKC View Post
Hahahahahaha...don't worry, he can't play from the press box.
Multi year offers from Van, NY Rangers, EDM, Colorado and the Isles, tell us more how useless Carkner is PKC, or as I like to call you , JO. Tell us how brain dead the other GMs are, nobody wants a steady #6 d that also happens to be the toughest guy in the league.

longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:12 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsuffering View Post
Multi year offers from Van, NY Rangers, EDM, Colorado and the Isles, tell us more how useless Carkner is PKC, or as I like to call you , JO. Tell us how brain dead the other GMs are, nobody wants a steady #6 d that also happens to be the toughest guy in the league.
For argument's sake, and I'm playing devil's advocate here, lots of teams were interested in Colton Orr when the Leafs signed him.

Lots of teams were interested in Georges Laraque when the Habs signed him.

Just because 5 teams wanted him, doesn't mean anything. I'm sure quite a few teams were "in" on Mike Lundin, it doesn't mean he's an integral piece to our success going forward.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:13 AM
wjhl2009fan

crockpot
There a bit softer but at the same time they are smarter.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:14 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
For argument's sake, and I'm playing devil's advocate here, lots of teams were interested in Colton Orr when the Leafs signed him.

Lots of teams were interested in Georges Laraque when the Habs signed him.

Just because 5 teams wanted him, doesn't mean anything. I'm sure quite a few teams were "in" on Mike Lundin, it doesn't mean he's an integral piece to our success going forward.
The other thing is some of that could have been 2 way deals as for Lundin there were rumors 4 teams were interested in him.