HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carkner turns down 1 year deal from Sens

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2012, 02:23 PM
  #176
crockpot
Registered User
 
crockpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: middle of nowhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Congratz to Matt. Really happy for him, but ummmm . .. who's gonna look after our young guys on the ice? Matt and Zenon, both gone. Talk about soft!!!!!!!

crockpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 02:39 PM
  #177
wjhl2009fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crockpot View Post
Congratz to Matt. Really happy for him, but ummmm . .. who's gonna look after our young guys on the ice? Matt and Zenon, both gone. Talk about soft!!!!!!!
I don't think they will be soft the biggest issues with Matt and Zenon is at times they would play stupid and take Ottawa right out of games.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 02:45 PM
  #178
crockpot
Registered User
 
crockpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: middle of nowhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
I don't think they will be soft the biggest issues with Matt and Zenon is at times they would play stupid and take Ottawa right out of games.
I don't think Matt played stupid, but yes, I'll agree with Zenon. Although I think sometimes his reputation was more to blame. When he was on the ice the refs were looking for him.

crockpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:03 PM
  #179
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman
 
MainDotC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Morrisville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 1000
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Good luck to Carkner in NYI - hopefully we don't have a great regular season with a lot of youth scoring and then get run over in the playoffs by a big, mean, nasty Philly team.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:47 AM
  #180
longsuffering
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKC View Post
Hahahahahaha...don't worry, he can't play from the press box.
Multi year offers from Van, NY Rangers, EDM, Colorado and the Isles, tell us more how useless Carkner is PKC, or as I like to call you , JO. Tell us how brain dead the other GMs are, nobody wants a steady #6 d that also happens to be the toughest guy in the league.

longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:12 AM
  #181
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,312
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by longsuffering View Post
Multi year offers from Van, NY Rangers, EDM, Colorado and the Isles, tell us more how useless Carkner is PKC, or as I like to call you , JO. Tell us how brain dead the other GMs are, nobody wants a steady #6 d that also happens to be the toughest guy in the league.
For argument's sake, and I'm playing devil's advocate here, lots of teams were interested in Colton Orr when the Leafs signed him.

Lots of teams were interested in Georges Laraque when the Habs signed him.

Just because 5 teams wanted him, doesn't mean anything. I'm sure quite a few teams were "in" on Mike Lundin, it doesn't mean he's an integral piece to our success going forward.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:13 AM
  #182
wjhl2009fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,043
vCash: 500
crockpot
There a bit softer but at the same time they are smarter.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:14 AM
  #183
wjhl2009fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
For argument's sake, and I'm playing devil's advocate here, lots of teams were interested in Colton Orr when the Leafs signed him.

Lots of teams were interested in Georges Laraque when the Habs signed him.

Just because 5 teams wanted him, doesn't mean anything. I'm sure quite a few teams were "in" on Mike Lundin, it doesn't mean he's an integral piece to our success going forward.
The other thing is some of that could have been 2 way deals as for Lundin there were rumors 4 teams were interested in him.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.