HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

name that line

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-28-2003, 02:45 PM
  #1
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado
 
billsandsabres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: troy, ny
Posts: 2,190
vCash: 500
name that line

i think at this point the hecht-briere-dumont line has earned the right to be named
any suggestions?

the alsace boys -french/german thing
rattle and hum line -physical play and skating, U2 fans anybody?

i dunno, help me out here

billsandsabres is offline  
Old
11-28-2003, 04:51 PM
  #2
lecherous
Registered User
 
lecherous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: Sweden
Posts: 3,186
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Franco-Prussian Fusion

lecherous is offline  
Old
11-28-2003, 05:37 PM
  #3
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S
 
Rob Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 16,260
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
How about "The Silver Lining" :p

Rob Paxon is online now  
Old
11-28-2003, 05:53 PM
  #4
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado
 
billsandsabres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: troy, ny
Posts: 2,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecherous
Franco-Prussian Fusion
fantastic
got a good laugh out of that one, like that one a lot

silver lining has a nice ring- what is the significance though?

billsandsabres is offline  
Old
11-28-2003, 05:55 PM
  #5
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S
 
Rob Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 16,260
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsandsabres
fantastic
got a good laugh out of that one, like that one a lot

silver lining has a nice ring- what is the significance though?
The only good thing going for us half the time.

Rob Paxon is online now  
Old
11-28-2003, 06:05 PM
  #6
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado
 
billsandsabres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: troy, ny
Posts: 2,190
vCash: 500
aha, creative
i should leave the line naming to everybody else

billsandsabres is offline  
Old
11-28-2003, 10:42 PM
  #7
Weezel RX7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Bristol CT
Posts: 1,136
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Weezel RX7
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsandsabres
aha, creative
i should leave the line naming to everybody else
actually, they have already been named. i interned at the hsbc arena last year and i saw them being referred to as "the french connection part deux" i remember them interviewing hecht about how he feels about that cuz hes not french

Weezel RX7 is offline  
Old
11-29-2003, 01:16 AM
  #8
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S
 
Rob Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 16,260
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezel RX7
actually, they have already been named. i interned at the hsbc arena last year and i saw them being referred to as "the french connection part deux" i remember them interviewing hecht about how he feels about that cuz hes not french
I don't think that name fits very well (not that my suggestion does, it was just a joke that only I found funny). It is a dangerous thing in the sports world to label a player, team, or line "x 2" because it demands a certain expectation. I feel the same way about bands, saying band x is the new Nirvana or guitarist z is the next Hendrix.

It isn't fair to the French Connection as this line currently can't hold a torch to it and on the other side of things it isn't very fair to deprive three good young players of a unique identity.

Rob Paxon is online now  
Old
11-29-2003, 07:44 AM
  #9
Junior
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Junior Send a message via Yahoo to Junior
hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_paxon
I don't think that name fits very well (not that my suggestion does, it was just a joke that only I found funny). It is a dangerous thing in the sports world to label a player, team, or line "x 2" because it demands a certain expectation. I feel the same way about bands, saying band x is the new Nirvana or guitarist z is the next Hendrix.

It isn't fair to the French Connection as this line currently can't hold a torch to it and on the other side of things it isn't very fair to deprive three good young players of a unique identity.

How about Line 1, since they do most of the scoring. Plain and simple

Junior is offline  
Old
11-30-2003, 03:24 PM
  #10
LALALALALALAFONTAINE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Republic of Alberta
Posts: 2,649
vCash: 500
The Charm Line:

Hecht: Blues, then Oilers, then Sabres.
Briere: Jets (sort of), then Phoenix, then Sabres.
Dumont: Isles, then Hawks, then Sabres.

Third time's the charm.

LALALALALALAFONTAINE is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.