HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Sit and Think Things Through Thoroughly (Matt Carle signed with Tampa Bay)

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2012, 11:56 AM
SAINDON

vCash: 500
Reports say the Flyers have not heard anything today from Parise or Suter...

Old
07-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAINDON View Post
Reports say the Flyers have not heard anything today from Parise or Suter...
Has any team? I haven't seen any updates.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:01 PM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Has any team? I haven't seen any updates.
Habs and Blackhawks have apparently been told that they are out of the mix. I haven't seen anything else on twitter recently (but considering what I've already read today, Habs and Blackhawks might also be the biggest players in that mix I sound like Eklund)

And right now I would probably go after Semin. Crawford was way overreacting and I can't count on McGuire's words one bit. Semin's stats speak for themselves, he's been very effective in the last seasons and I'd like to see him on G's wing.

Last edited by kudymen: 07-03-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old
07-03-2012, 12:01 PM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
I say drop out of the Parise nonsense, since I doubt he comes here anyway, and go after Semin. Throw him on Giroux's line and he's a way better version of Jagr.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:06 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatt View Post
FWIW, I believe cdugan.

If you look up the street where Briere lives, the Dugans live right there (Briere's immediate neighbors I believe?) and they have a kid who's first name starts w/ a C.

cdugan also gave some other details in his earlier posts about what college he attends, etc. (I'm not going to repeat everything for privacy reasons) but they all seem to check out.

If this is a troll account or a hoax, it's one of the most elaborate attempts I've ever seen. And I doubt anyone would ever go to this trouble to pretend to be Danny Briere's neighbor.

Quite frankly, I appreciate cdugan sharing these nuggets with us and I hope that he continues to do so. It's fascinating to learn what actually goes down behind the scenes.
There's no real harm in it either because these details will never get to an actual reporter because nobody trusts inside sources that post on hfboards. Plus, we all know TimmyP and co. are too lazy to track down actual inside sources it's easier to just make stuff up.
Welcome to Kids Say the Darndest Rumours.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:08 PM
DeflatedFootball7

I'm worried that were getting no one. These AHL signings would not bother me so much if Voracek was signed, but he's not, and Carle and Jagr seem to be walking away. Please forget Parise Homer. Go for Semin.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:09 PM
Cmoneyflyguy

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

Down to two. Chicago and Newark.
Expand

Old
07-03-2012, 12:10 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Im not. People seem to think read is a lock to even repeat what he did last year. I'm not so sure. And I think it's unreasonable for hartnell to repeat a career year. Especially now that Jagr is gone from that line. Voracek is not going to become a 35 goal scorer next season.

I will be ecstatic if we sign suter. I want him more that Parise. But we still need a goal scoring wing. Our only natural top 6 wingers are hartnell voracek and simmonds.

If we can make a deal revolving around voracek for Ryan, I do it. Especially if we get suter and not Parise.
We cant expect any of the guys that had career years to duplicate what they did. Hopefully Schenn and Couturier make up for that loss a bit. However right now this team is minus 40+ and 40 plus assists in the loss of JVR and Jagr(assuming he doesnt come back)
If Holmgren loses out on Parise and say Semin, I wonder if Holmgren caves into Anaheim's demands.
I would love to sign Suter, and trade Mez and Voracek for Ryan but I dont see it happening. I really dont have any idea how this is all going to shake out, but it has the possibility of ending in a worse case scenerio for the Flyers

Old
07-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy View Post

Expand
Reliable?

Old
feedingschennzy

Nahh I be trolling you stalkers. I'm in college but family friend if you'd please all move on just a little, I'd rather this not get out of hand...

Old
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
Habs and Blackhawks have apparently been told that they are out of the mix. I haven't seen anything else on twitter recently (but considering what I've already read today, Habs and Blackhawks might also be the biggest players in that mix I sound like Eklund)

And right now I would probably go after Semin. Crawford was way overreacting and I can't count on McGuire's words one bit. Semin's stats speak for themselves, he's been very effective in the last seasons and I'd like to see him on G's wing.
No to Semin.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:13 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:

Expand
Fine by me.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Reliable?
I'm gonna say no.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
07-03-2012, 12:14 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:

Expand
Usually I trust him(devils beat writer iirc), but until ZP himself says it. I'm skeptical at this point.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
07-03-2012, 12:15 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
I'm gonna say no.
I for some odd reason can't get on Twitter from my phone right now. But isn't that the Devils beat writer?

Old
07-03-2012, 12:18 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

if Chicago and NJ are the final 2 for Parise then move on. Obvious Parise didnt want to play for a rival of the Devils.
Guess its time for plan B. Semin? Ryan? Nash? someone's price just went up.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:20 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Just focus on Suter Semin and Doan

Old
07-03-2012, 12:22 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
We cant expect any of the guys that had career years to duplicate what they did. Hopefully Schenn and Couturier make up for that loss a bit. However right now this team is minus 40+ and 40 plus assists in the loss of JVR and Jagr(assuming he doesnt come back)
If Holmgren loses out on Parise and say Semin, I wonder if Holmgren caves into Anaheim's demands.
I would love to sign Suter, and trade Mez and Voracek for Ryan but I dont see it happening. I really dont have any idea how this is all going to shake out, but it has the possibility of ending in a worse case scenerio for the Flyers
IMO, Paul Holmgren not making a single deal (I'm blocking out the Leighton deal for the sake of my blood pressure) is not worst-case scenario. Worst-case would involve panic-trading multiple young players for Nash and/or resigning Carle to a >$6-mil AAV multi-year deal. With the way millions are being tossed around, this might be the ideal year for Holmgren to stay quiet. Adding a good 4th-line C who wins faceoffs and can log PK time would be great, but I'm okay with the talent currently on the roster.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
I for some odd reason can't get on Twitter from my phone right now. But isn't that the Devils beat writer?
He may be. I just don't trust anything coming from anyone. So many rumors going around. Didn't someone say Chicago was told they were out earlier?

Old
07-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Yes but we are also +1845 minutes of ice time (and that's almost exclusively ES and PP) for other players.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingForsberg View Post
Just focus on Suter Semin and Doan
There's really nothing to "focus" on with Suter. He has the Flyers best offer, which by most accounts is also the highest money offer. No one seems to think he wants to sign here, or in any major eastern market. Apparently, the Penguins didn't even put in an offer.

Doan won't do anything for five more days anyway, so while the Flyers can talk to him, there's really no incentive to withdraw an offer from Parise to make one for Doan.

Semin is a tricker issue. I like him, and I think he could be outstanding here. But he's a huge, huge risk.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:27 PM
duffy9748

Quote:

Expand
Did he delete the tweet? Not seeing anything on twitter that says it is between those two. I am hoping it is though. I would have no problem with Parise returning to NJ.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Reliable?
I don't even see the guy saying that on his twitter account...

Old
07-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
Did he delete the tweet? Not seeing anything on twitter that says it is between those two. I am hoping it is though. I would have no problem with Parise returning to NJ.
I was just coming to post the same thing. I don't see the tweet. There's no mention on the Devils board either.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:32 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
IMO, Paul Holmgren not making a single deal (I'm blocking out the Leighton deal for the sake of my blood pressure) is not worst-case scenario. Worst-case would involve panic-trading multiple young players for Nash and/or resigning Carle to a >$6-mil AAV multi-year deal. With the way millions are being tossed around, this might be the ideal year for Holmgren to stay quiet. Adding a good 4th-line C who wins faceoffs and can log PK time would be great, but I'm okay with the talent currently on the roster.
this is what I was reffering to. If we dont get Parise or Suter I really would not be shocked if Holmgren waits 2 minutes after recieving the news and makes a panic trade for Ryan or Nash. Then gives Carle a 7 year/50 million dollar contract with a full NTC.

Closed Thread