HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tootoo to the....Red Wings. 3 years 1.9per

Old
07-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Shea Weber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
Still the best hit i've ever seen. period.

At work and this is blocked, but I have a guess that it's Toots crushing whoever it was for FLA. Best hit I've ever seen.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 02:58 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

The best thing about the hit on Frolik is our announcing team. Pete calls him "Bobby Frolik", and Crisp says it like frolic

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlechuck24 View Post
Wow some of you guys are just embarrassing. Had Tootoo gone to any other team, you would be signing a very different tune, praising him for his work in Nashville. Really freaking embarrassing.

Wish we would've kept him for the 4th line, but I would say someone or a certain incident really pissed him off and got him on the wrong side with Trotz/management. He wants his pound of flesh, and if I know Tootoo he will get it one way or another. Anyone who is poopooing this move and saying it won't have a big effect is lying to themselves.

There is going to be some blood on the ice that first game of the season. Tootoo looking for revenge and the Redwings will be looking to answer the bell for the Zetterburg Weber fiasco during the playoffs.

In short, this is really not good as playing against a motivated Tootoo is never a fun or easy thing.
It goes both ways remember how Wings fans called Tootoo a talentless puke when he stepped on Draper. Now they are thinking he could take Huldler's spot in the lineup. Just like they want Weber's head during the PO's but would run out in the streets naked if the Wings offersheeted him. Most of us thought Tootoo would go to Winnipeg or somewhere else in Canada, but chose to Detroit.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 04:50 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
Tootoo wouldn't dare take on McGrattan.
mcgrattan and toots are really good buddies.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 04:56 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
mcgrattan and toots are really good buddies.
Im sure that wouldnt matter one bit if the situation called for it, it just means big ern would feel bad about pupling Tootoo....

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 05:14 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

No it wouldn't matter one bit.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 05:59 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
No it wouldn't matter one bit.
combine them being real good buddies with the fact they are in completely different weight classes and it would never happen.

toots would have to do something really dirty like robidas incident. we also scratch enforcers majority of the time against a team like the wings.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 11:52 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Wow some of you guys are just embarrassing. Had Tootoo gone to any other team, you would be signing a very different tune, praising him for his work in Nashville. Really freaking embarrassing.

Wish we would've kept him for the 4th line, but I would say someone or a certain incident really pissed him off and got him on the wrong side with Trotz/management. He wants his pound of flesh, and if I know Tootoo he will get it one way or another. Anyone who is poopooing this move and saying it won't have a big effect is lying to themselves.

There is going to be some blood on the ice that first game of the season. Tootoo looking for revenge and the Redwings will be looking to answer the bell for the Zetterburg Weber fiasco during the playoffs.

In short, this is really not good as playing against a motivated Tootoo is never a fun or easy thing.
What's embarrassing is this post. You're always so ****ing negative and when we lose a player who was benched in the playoffs, you still find something to moan about. Tootoo was good for a bit, he was bad more often. Will we miss him? Only for his intensity of a possible big hit or more likely a run in with the boards. His hockey play will not be missed. Sorry, but he is not going to cost us a cup run and he definitely won't boost Detroit any farther up the ladder either. I'll always remember his time here but let's not act like this is our Paul Kariya leaving.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 09:31 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
combine them being real good buddies with the fact they are in completely different weight classes and it would never happen.

toots would have to do something really dirty like robidas incident. we also scratch enforcers majority of the time against a team like the wings.
If Tootoo runs players, McGratton will address it period.

We didn't ever dress enforcers against the RedWings because we never needed too, who was tough enough for us to have a need?

Old
07-03-2012, 09:34 AM
token grinder

Quote:

We didn't ever dress enforcers against the RedWings because we never needed too, who was tough enough for us to have a need?
Lilia.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:

You only dress enforcers to fight other enforcers. Teams are catching on that it's not the best idea to waste a roster spot on a 4-6 minute a night player.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 09:50 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
You only dress enforcers to fight other enforcers. Teams are catching on that it's not the best idea to waste a roster spot on a 4-6 minute a night player.
kinda like the Preds have caught on that it wasnt the best idea to waste a roster spot on Tootoo....

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Couldn't care less ... Listening to Willy field calls yesterday made me want to blow my head off

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:32 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:

People have wanted Tootoo gone for a while now. Maybe it would be different had Tootoo gone to another team, but what happened, happened. Tootoo sent a message by going to the Red Wings for pretty much the exact same offer he turned down in Nashville (slightly less money, actually). If he wanted to piss people off, he did a good job of it. I don't see a problem with fans reacting to his actions. It's obviously what he wanted.

At the end of the day, Tootoo is not a game changer. He will throw a big hit or two, but he isn't going to go out there and be the difference in many games, if any. Everyone on the team knows his offensive game (battle on the boards, drop a blind pass towards the net in an effort to center, cough it up, rinse, repeat). I'm much more concerned with someone like Suter or Parise going to Detroit. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Tootoo plays his way into the press box under Babcock.

As far as the Wings wanting someone to answer the bell for the Weber/Z incident, you mean like how Weber fought Bertuzzi in the very next game? It seemed to me like that entire thing blew over for the players pretty quickly. It's the fans who went on and on about it for weeks.

Tootoo might want a pound of flesh from someone on the Preds, but why should that worry anybody? It isn't like he is going to kill people. He might throw a dirty hit, but that is going to cost his team, too, right? If the biggest concern we have is someone trying to injure our guys then we should probably watch another sport. It's hockey. People get hurt, and tougher players than Tootoo play with a chip on their shoulder. Maybe I was the only one who noticed, but Tootoo has turned into a guy who is more of a troll and less of a tough guy. He tries to goad people into dropping the gloves, or throwing a punch to draw a penalty. He is a pest now, not really much of a fighter.

IMO Tootoo should have been gone well before now. I was happy for him when he got help for his problem, and when he came back and played his ass off he impressed me. I held out hope that maybe what he needed to turn the corner was kicking his habit. It helped, but he is still an inconsistent forward who tries to do too much. Like him or not, we don't need him.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
IMO Tootoo should have been gone well before now. I was happy for him when he got help for his problem, and when he came back and played his ass off he impressed me. I held out hope that maybe what he needed to turn the corner was kicking his habit. It helped, but he is still an inconsistent forward who tries to do too much. Like him or not, we don't need him.
Very true. He's been a great story for overcoming adversity. Good person despite some of his actions on the ice, and he managed to wake the team up on numerous occasions with his hustle and hard work. I know he was more of a "fan favourite" rather than a crutial cog, not to mention the ending of his career in Nashville left alot to be desired, but I'll still miss the guy. Simply put, there are players available that can do more with the same icetime and that's what it came down to. The objective is to win a championship afterall. I've been away on vacation for a few days so I haven't been able to give my two cents. Good luck in Detroit Toots. (just don't pull any of your **** on us )

ps. I think I'm gonna need a new username...

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Toots is a great guy. He gave us 100% every night and did tons of good work in the community. I wish him the best in life.

That said, he gave us the middle finger on Sunday, so, as far as hockey goes, he is the enemy. I'm still a fan of Tootoo the person, but not the player.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 12:00 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
People have wanted Tootoo gone for a while now. Maybe it would be different had Tootoo gone to another team, but what happened, happened. Tootoo sent a message by going to the Red Wings for pretty much the exact same offer he turned down in Nashville (slightly less money, actually). If he wanted to piss people off, he did a good job of it. I don't see a problem with fans reacting to his actions. It's obviously what he wanted.

At the end of the day, Tootoo is not a game changer. He will throw a big hit or two, but he isn't going to go out there and be the difference in many games, if any. Everyone on the team knows his offensive game (battle on the boards, drop a blind pass towards the net in an effort to center, cough it up, rinse, repeat). I'm much more concerned with someone like Suter or Parise going to Detroit. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Tootoo plays his way into the press box under Babcock.

As far as the Wings wanting someone to answer the bell for the Weber/Z incident, you mean like how Weber fought Bertuzzi in the very next game? It seemed to me like that entire thing blew over for the players pretty quickly. It's the fans who went on and on about it for weeks.

Tootoo might want a pound of flesh from someone on the Preds, but why should that worry anybody? It isn't like he is going to kill people. He might throw a dirty hit, but that is going to cost his team, too, right? If the biggest concern we have is someone trying to injure our guys then we should probably watch another sport. It's hockey. People get hurt, and tougher players than Tootoo play with a chip on their shoulder. Maybe I was the only one who noticed, but Tootoo has turned into a guy who is more of a troll and less of a tough guy. He tries to goad people into dropping the gloves, or throwing a punch to draw a penalty. He is a pest now, not really much of a fighter.

in fairness, that offer he turned down was in the middle of one of his hot streaks. He, I would guess, thought he could get more with a 40 point year, which was what he was on pace for. He did not have said 40 point year and that contract wasn't offered again at the end of the season.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 12:10 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
You dress enforcers to keep the bs down. I'll bet dollars to donuts that McGratton will be on the ice when Tootoo is out there in the first game these teams meet, not that Weber couldn't take care of it, if it needed to be addressed.

And the crap about McGratton and Tootoo being friends doesn't have anything to do with it. I'm sure there's lots of Tootoo's friends on Nashville roster it won't stop him from hitting them. It's part of the game and what that both get paid to do, it has nothing to do with friendship.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:30 PM
glenngineer

Lots of enforcers are friends. When they step on the ice, friendships go away. You think the Staal brothers ease up on each other during games? You think the Sutter brothers didn't hit each other when given the opportunity? If Big Ern and Tootoo have to drop the gloves, they will and they'll probably pat each other after saying good fight and be done with it. If it's something more I'm sure they'll chirp at each other after the fight.

And to someone who said they aren't in the same weight class, that has never stopped Tootoo. He has answered the bell against some of the bigger guys in the league even though he knew he didn't stand a chance but he had heart and went for it. A lot of times, he did stand toe to toe with some of them.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 01:26 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Lots of enforcers are friends. When they step on the ice, friendships go away. You think the Staal brothers ease up on each other during games? You think the Sutter brothers didn't hit each other when given the opportunity? If Big Ern and Tootoo have to drop the gloves, they will and they'll probably pat each other after saying good fight and be done with it. If it's something more I'm sure they'll chirp at each other after the fight.

And to someone who said they aren't in the same weight class, that has never stopped Tootoo. He has answered the bell against some of the bigger guys in the league even though he knew he didn't stand a chance but he had heart and went for it. A lot of times, he did stand toe to toe with some of them.
Nope... Actually Eric Staal gave brother Marc a concussion that knocked him out of hockey for nearly 11 months.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 01:27 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post

Wasn't it Eric Staal who put Mark Staal out with a concussion?

Old
07-03-2012, 01:40 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
Lilia.

Oops..you forgot the sarcasm smiley...there, FTFY.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:12 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

nice guy in person when i met him. was more than happy to have a few minute conversation with me while he was shopping at the mall. Hate that he when to detroit but whatever i can respect that. hope he doesn't have a vengeance against us for whatever reason

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:47 AM
codeman00

Toots was nothing but class when I met him at a pre-season game that he wasn't playing. Just a random occurrence that he knew someone in the suite I was in and I happened to get an extra ticket through my wife's work to be in the suite that night. I talked to him for 20 minutes...he was very nice and even signed my new Tootoo jersey that I had on (awkward!). Anyway, I would have been a huge fan of his on any team but the Red Wings. I just can't believe he would ever play for them....but money talks I guess. I had to unfollow him on twitter because I couldn't stand seeing the Wings logo scroll through several times a day.

codeman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2012, 03:54 PM
jstreet

Im sad to see Toots go. He brought me out of my seat many times with big hits and fighting guys he probably had no business fighting. So sad to see him in Red, feels like a punch to the gut. I liked watching him play the game.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote