HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zach Parise: The Great Indecision (part 5)

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
It's not about making a decision, it's about the time it is taking. He is literally holding up the league from signing players. He's made about 5-7 teams believe he could be coming there thus not letting them or other players want to sign. Why would a guy like Semin sign if he knows that he could wait for Parise to sign and increase his value and offers from new teams that didn't get Parise?

He is holding up the Frenzy. If it's true he's made a decision already, then come out and announce it. No need to drag teams around when you know you are not going to play there.
Once again, how is any of this his problem? The league's GMs are grown men, they are free to make their own decisions and choose their priorities.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:25 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
It's not about making a decision, it's about the time it is taking. He is literally holding up the league from signing players. He's made about 5-7 teams believe he could be coming there thus not letting them or other players want to sign. Why would a guy like Semin sign if he knows that he could wait for Parise to sign and increase his value and offers from new teams that didn't get Parise?

He is holding up the Frenzy. If it's true he's made a decision already, then come out and announce it. No need to drag teams around when you know you are not going to play there.
No... he really isn't. If a team wants to gamble, they can wait on Parise. Let Semin take his first offer he gets. The players are waiting... not just Parise.

Once again - we don't have a July 4th game, so it really doesn't matter. Camp isn't starting. Nothing is happening. People are just bored and impatient.

Also, just because someone lands Parise, what does that give them? Detroit has Datsyuk and Zets. Chicago has ton of young core players. Pittsburgh has Crosby/Geno. Those teams are contenders. Parise doesn't guarantee them a cup.

If we really think about it, people just want a decision because they want it. That's pathetic. That doesn't make Zach a worse or better person.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:25 PM
ForzaItalia

Bottom line is this. I say he's made up his mind by now.

So what could the hold up be? Could it be Suter related?

Old
07-03-2012, 01:26 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Speculation by Strickland that according to a few of Parise's good friends, he's already made a decision.

I'm so confused. I give up.
Not sure exactly how reliable (he broke a story on the Wings third string goalie that turned out to be true when red wings beat writers began writing about it) Strickland is, but to be accurate, his tweet said multiple players knew he made a decision... Maybe they were his friends. But if they're players that adds more, dontja think? Eh... It's all still smoke and mirrors I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Strickland
I'm not suggesting Parise is lying, but multiple players who know him very well made it clear he's made a decision #NHL

Old
07-03-2012, 01:26 PM
DRWCountryClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
haha, no ****. because, you know, once you turn 18, who needs parents?
Haha no ****! That's what I was saying!!!

I really don't give two ***** one way or another where he signs and just starting posting in this thread recently, but from watching that video, I'm just a little put off by his attitude.

Take the time you need, but he seems just a touch prima dona about it in my opinion.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:27 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Plus, we're still talking about a delay of just a couple days. It's not like he pulled a LeBron, where multiple teams gutted themselves in the preceding two seasons to save up cap space in a desperate attempt to land him, after all.

GMs and other free agents are big boys. Once Parise and Suter sign, I'm sure that the remaining lot will be picked up in quick fashion without any difficulty.

The wait is a mild annoyance more than anything else, and if one dude is enough to wreck a team's offseason free agency plans, then the problem's with that team's GM and not the desired player.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:28 PM
TCDaniels
Legen... Wait for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty View Post
Honestly, buddy.

You're a 27 year old man.

You should be able to make the decision by yourself, not have to ask mom and dad about it.

I respect his need for time, but it sohuld be between him and his fiancée at most.
I'm 42 and would most certainly ask my parents advice on something like this... Heck - I've asked their advice on relocating within my current job, and I'm a lowly Architect - certainly not a $100million Hockey player...

I must be a complete loser.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:28 PM
NYDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
Bottom line is this. I say he's made up his mind by now.

So what could the hold up be? Could it be Suter related?
The day we find out where he is going will be the day he made up his mind. He's not going to make up his mind and keep sleeping on it. He's aware players and teams are waiting.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Lim Ran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Strickland
I'm not suggesting Parise is lying, but multiple players who know him very well made it clear he's made a decision #NHL
So if that's true, we're obviously talking Minnesota here.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:29 PM
cutfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
In a hockey context I don't see how anyone could think ND meant NDSU. The Bison do not have a hockey team.

And I'm with that guy who says ND makes him think Notre Dame.
Yeah, in all honesty when I see ND, I think Notre Dame too. But My 2nd thought is NDSU and then I get flustered for whatever reason... Clearly I am a Sioux fan.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzy View Post
So if that's true, we're obviously talking Minnesota here.
Wouldn't one think that several players who know him well would be those on the Devils? Using this type of logic, you could safely assume he's re-signed with the Devils.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:30 PM
FinProspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
Once again, how is any of this his problem? The league's GMs are grown men, they are free to make their own decisions and choose their priorities.
Its not the GM´s, its the players (like Jagr for example), that are waiting for Parise´s decision. He is the top free agent, and teams like Pit, Min, Det, Chi are after him. Like they are after Suter. So if Pens do sign Parise, it means Suter can focus on Det, Min, Chi offers. Sucks for Suter, if his top priority was Pens.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:31 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinProspects View Post
Yeah, but doesnt make sense for Chicago. They would be in a hole with the cap. Only one natural center, horrible bottom 6, no room for signings.

I also (as a Pens fan ), see that if the money is not the issue, the only things that matter are winning and his family. He probably would get a cup in Pittsburgh in the next few years. As for Minnesota, not a true candidate for Cup, but his family/future wife are there.

Not an easy decision.
Cap Hole? Yes. Horrible bottom 6?? Definitely not. Our fourth line is pretty secure (for a 4th line) with Carcillo/Mayers/Bickell Then Shaw looks like a lock on the third line (23pts in 37 gms last year), On Bolland's left we'd be choosing from Brandon Saad, Jeremy Morin, Kyle Beach or possibly Ben Smith. So, I think that wouldn't be an issue. As a Hawks fan I'd be far more worried about our Goalie and bottom four D.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:31 PM
N o o d l e s

The funny thing is, people are complaining how this whole thing is boring and they have to sit around with no action, yet once Parise and Suter sign most of the rest of the good FA's will sign very soon. Then, the excitement of FA is basically over and it's only July 3rd-4th. Then they're really going to have nothing to do for 3 months.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Sgarbossy

vCash: 719
<Parise_Troll.jpg>

"U MAD?"

Old
07-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1223233

New thread

Old
07-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down

vCash: 157
Gosh, Parise, hurry up, it shouldn't take 3 days to decide the next 10 years of your life.

So impatient.

Closed Thread