HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agency 2012 (7/1/12)

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I was talking with Face Wash about this over email.

Does anyone know what the hell Dallas is doing? Are they trying to have as many new players as they possibly can next season?
the Florida tactic

Old
07-03-2012, 01:47 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Eck reporting the Kings are in on Jagr, interesting. I heard he would be getting in better condition this off season and he would certainly help the PP. And he might sell a few jerseys here and there.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:48 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Doan isn't Chris Pronger. He's a player who will do anything to win and I'm sure he'd have no qualms not being the "go-to-guy" in LA. He's never been that type of player and he's respected throughout the league. His character is second to none. People talk up the idea of bringing in a player like Iginla, and Doan is the exact same type of player.

He's never been injury prone and he's always been a big game performer. I find it baffling that people question this player.
EXACTLY

Doan is a complete Lombardi player. If you don't like him, then you're getting a taste of what it's like to play against the Kings. He'd fit in perfectly. I'd start with $5 mil and work from there for him.

Last edited by KingPurpleDinosaur: 07-03-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old
07-03-2012, 01:51 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Eck reporting the Kings are in on Jagr, interesting. I heard he would be getting in better condition this off season and he would certainly help the PP. And he might sell a few jerseys here and there.
can't see us being interested in Jagr, where does he play? the 4th line instead of Nolan/Clifford?

Old
07-03-2012, 01:56 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Well... He is a former Flyer.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:59 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
A few days ago when his agent reported that 21 teams tendred Jagr an offer, in the article I was readings it mentioned the Kings and Jagr's interest in that they have a good chance to win again and their system is less taxing than lavvy's. That was my complaint when the Flyers signed him last year. He hadn't played more than 50 games in 3 years and I've seen how Lavvy's systems causes much younger players who play 82 a year wear down by march, which is what has happened the last 2 years( full years under Lavvy to the Flyers, they get weary and worn out, lose games, exit early in playoffs ) it' s mentally and physically draining.

He worked out too much, too many hours and I think he' learned that he'd have to cut backon that abit and come into camp less muscle a bit lighter. But he played vey well, still has the moves and a helluva shot. But it would be a pretty picture, him and Kopi doing give and go's and all those goals hitting twine./

Old
07-03-2012, 02:03 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Jagr is one of the greatest players of all time IMO, one of my favorite non Kings ever, and still an effective hockey player...but there's no room for him on this roster.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:09 PM
HeadInjury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Why would Doan pick LA after the playoffs? Would think we would be last on his list Stanley Cup and all.
I believe he has a family connection out here. I know his son has played for the Jr. Kings. He was at the Skating Edge in Harbor City the Saturday after they were eliminated to watch his son play. He signed autographs and posed for pictures with all the kids finishing up Vic Venasky's class. My son was one of them. Doan was total class and real good with the kids.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I've wanted Jagr on Kopitar's wing since he left NY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
A few days ago when his agent reported that 21 teams tendred Jagr an offer, in the article I was readings it mentioned the Kings and Jagr's interest in that they have a good chance to win again and their system is less taxing than lavvy's. That was my complaint when the Flyers signed him last year. He hadn't played more than 50 games in 3 years and I've seen how Lavvy's systems causes much younger players who play 82 a year wear down by march, which is what has happened the last 2 years( full years under Lavvy to the Flyers, they get weary and worn out, lose games, exit early in playoffs ) it' s mentally and physically draining.

He worked out too much, too many hours and I think he' learned that he'd have to cut backon that abit and come into camp less muscle a bit lighter. But he played vey well, still has the moves and a helluva shot. But it would be a pretty picture, him and Kopi doing give and go's and all those goals hitting twine./

Old
07-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Jagr is one of the greatest players of all time IMO, one of my favorite non Kings ever, and still an effective hockey player...but there's no room for him on this roster.
Yup, there is no room on the roster for Jagr. I don't understand the report that we are interested in him either.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
He also goes to my buddies church in El Segundo whenever he's out here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
I believe he has a family connection out here. I know his son has played for the Jr. Kings. He was at the Skating Edge in Harbor City the Saturday after they were eliminated to watch his son play. He signed autographs and posed for pictures with all the kids finishing up Vic Venasky's class. My son was one of them. Doan was total class and real good with the kids.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I know but its like the domino effect one leaves most will want to leave especially the stars. It would be a lethal combination to have. Honestly i dont care if the fans dont like him, our players do, which will make it easier for the rest to also. Honestly hate him all you want but put him on your team and the cup is ours.
True, but it would be Getzlaf leaving would cause Perry not to resign, not Ryan. Olympic teammates, drafted together. Could see them going to the same team in FA. Which would make Perry to LA nearly impossible unless they don't want to play together.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Why the **** not?

Brown-Kopitar-Jagr
Penner-Richards-Carter
Gagne-Stoll-Williams
King-Fraser-Lewis

It's not like Jagr, Parise or Doan are going to sign in LA anyways. Just make some more random NHL13 rosters.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadInjury View Post
No ****?

Harbor City is right next to my hometown San Pedro.

On the other issue, Doan was very apologetic to Colin Campbell regarding the shake-hand line and appeared (to Campbell, anyway) that he was the most regretful Coyote out there for his actions. I would be good with him on the Kings.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:31 PM
OldGreatWestern

I love how Doan slides into our roster.

Brown - Kopitar - Williams
Penner - Richards - Carter
Gange - Stoll - Doan
King - Fraser - Lewis

Basically the only slot available is 3rd line RW. That person will be playing with Gange and Stoll so they will most likely be a grit guy rather than pure skill. Doan is a RW, is gritty and skilled, and big, and a great character guy. Seems pretty perfect.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Winger23

All I know, if the Kings do get one of Parise, Jagr or Doan, this is one of the sickest lineups I've ever seen not in an all-star game.

You know you have a very deep team with your 3rd line will have Gagne and one of the 3 above mentioned. holy crap.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

From Twitter:

Kings Could Make Pitch to Selanne if Doan Goes Elsewehere.. (E3)
"This from a source in Anaheim."
- Eklund

What.
The.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:46 PM
The Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I've wanted Jagr on Kopitar's wing since he left NY.
That will be reALly NICE!

Old
07-03-2012, 02:47 PM
losingsand

eklund now has a SELANNE to the KINGS rumor.
ek is ridiculous.

but hey.. it makes sense in in that.. if selanne is really about championships... and you want to not relocate.. just sign w/ the kings and give it one final go to contend. Ducks don't look like the most solid place to play right now w/ this whole bobby ryan drama and signing souray for 3 years...

Old
07-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Selanne coming to the Kings would be awkward, not to mention Ducks fans would jump from buildings if it happened That has zero chance of succeeding, he retires a Duck.

Jagr is interesting, but I never thought he would consider leaving the east coast. I would be O.K. with giving him a one year deal, not thrilled though. He is slowing down and showing a lot of wear, but he can still play... 50 points in the Flyers system is inflated though.

Either way, we are going to grab somebody, sounds good to me. Any signing, as long as it is not back breaking and long term, is a win to me. We are icing the entire Stanley Cup winning roster, so I am not too concerned about free agency this year.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
07-03-2012, 02:58 PM
The Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGreatWestern View Post
I love how Doan slides into our roster.

Gange - Stoll - Doan
King - Fraser - Lewis
Nice lineup!

But I like this BETTER!

Jagr-Stoll-Doan
King-Fraser-Lewis

EDIT:

How about this one while we are it.

Selanne- Kopitar - Brown
Williams-Stoll-Doan
King-Fraser-Lewis

Last edited by The Judge: 07-03-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old
07-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Jagr's legs died at the end of the season and into the playoffs. He was invisible, it would just be Smyth 2.0 for us, good for half a year but then age catches up

Old
07-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
Jagr's legs died at the end of the season and into the playoffs. He was invisible, it would just be Smyth 2.0 for us, good for half a year but then age catches up
Exactly. No to Jagr as well. This team just won a cup, why are we looking to add old guys like Jagr and Doan. Penner is signed, these guys deserve the chance to repeat with a similar roster.

For every Selanne and Whitney there are ten Ryan Smyth's, Jeremy Roenick's and Mike Modano's who play to long and embarrass themselves.

Let someone else pay these guys the silly money being thrown around.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingsand View Post
eklund now has a SELANNE to the KINGS rumor.
ek is ridiculous.

but hey.. it makes sense in in that.. if selanne is really about championships... and you want to not relocate.. just sign w/ the kings and give it one final go to contend. Ducks don't look like the most solid place to play right now w/ this whole bobby ryan drama and signing souray for 3 years...
Why the hell is anyone on this board discussing EKLUND rumors?? Please tell me you guys are brighter than that.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
this is what i'm talking about. Where are these speculative "character issues" coming from. Doan is not a dirty player. He hits hard and sometimes bad things happen - again, look at Brown. And his meltdown is again completely understandable. that was a perfect storm of emotions colliding into 30 seconds. Like I said before, had I been in Doan's shoes, I would have been throwing the goalie net into the Kings dog pile. You wouldn't have completely lost it after a "dirty hit" leads to an OT goal? come on...
That's right, it's speculative, as is the belief he would be a good fit. None of us really know. Before last season, I didn't have any negative opinions about Doan.

Brown has never been suspended for a illegal hit to the head. Go back and look at Doan's. It was bad.

Brown's hit in the WCF wasn't dirty. I understand Doan being pissed. I can't condone his actions in the handshake line, however. That was unprecedented in it's poor sportsmanship.

I'm not saying he's an *** or the Kings shouldn't sign him. I'm just saying these are things that should be evaluated before bringing him into our locker room. I trust Lombardi/Sutter/leadership group will make that judgement properly.

Closed Thread