HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SHOULD Clowe be traded

View Poll Results: Should Clowe be traded
No, keep him. 21 37.50%
Yes, but next year at the deadline 2 3.57%
Yes, this offseason 33 58.93%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Kitten Mittons

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Canucks fan coming in peace...we have lots of 2nd line tweeners to offer (Raymond, Higgins, Hansen, Booth). What sort of value would you be looking for in getting rid of Clowe?
I'll take all three, thank you. You can have Sheppard.

Marleau-Thornton-Hansen
Higgins-Couture-Havlat
Raymond-Pavelski-Wingels
Galiardi-Dejsarinds-Burish

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 04:18 PM
rangerssharks414

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundsHansen32 View Post
Clowe for cash considerations...cap space
I don't even think that's allowed.

Yes, Clowe should be traded, but he won't be.

rangerssharks414 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 06:00 PM
do0glas

when clowe went out injured our top 6 was notably affected. however this may be due to the fact that we were without two top 6 forwards at that point, rather than what clowe was bringing to the table.

it was a down year for him. he likely wont sign an extension, after seeing setos scenario. depending on how his post season interview went and how DW sees him in his plans is key as well.

DW is likely shopping him though, and his pending UFA status is a big downside to any negotiations.

i wont go so far to say he is addition by subtraction, but i do think we need to go in a different direction.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 08:07 PM
MadmanSJ
Know Your Onion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matalvatz View Post
I don't think it's so much that people WANT him shipped out, it's more about him being the only one of the top-6 that's a)tradeable (No NMC) b) expendable (Pavs and Havlat more valuable).
12-13.
I do want him shipped out. No, I don't want to give him away.. I want fair value because he does have value.

As Easy mentioned, Clowe became a turnover machine.. inheriting many of the bad qualities of Cap'n Joe without inheriting the successful play-making qualities to go along with it. Maybe it was the injury riddled season and he will bounce back in a big way and that would be awesome for him, but to me his game has become more and more stagnant and predictable.

He does have the grit the team seems to sorely lack, but for some reason IMO and I could be completely off base on this, I got the impression from his interviews that he didn't really take much credit or blame upon himself for the team's failures... like he was deflecting the blame on others.

Last edited by MadmanSJ: 07-02-2012 at 11:28 PM.
MadmanSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 08:55 PM
WantonAbandon

If clowe were traded the Sharks would need to acquire a player somehow that would have the ability to do a lot of what Clowe does for the Sharks. It will be hard to do that

Last edited by WantonAbandon: 07-02-2012 at 10:09 PM.
WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 08:56 PM
WantonAbandon

The Sharks need to secure another third liner who can push the play before they worry about the top six

Old
07-02-2012, 10:01 PM
DaDucks

vCash: 50
Clowe for sale? Cool

How's cogliano and 2 second round picks next year sound (islanders 2nd via Vish trade)

DaDucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 10:16 PM
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
Clowe for sale? Cool

How's cogliano and 2 second round picks next year sound (islanders 2nd via Vish trade)
How about a second for Cogliano? Everything is pretty solid about him except his draw percentage...

Wilson wouldn't trade Clowe unless he had his replacement inked in a contract or the return would be Clowes replacement. He certainly wouldn't trade Clowe to the Ducks for a bottom six forward.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:20 PM
matt trick

Give me two of Hansen, Higgins, and Booth for Clowe and I'd be thrilled, especially if Moore came back. We'd actually have a good bottom 6.

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:37 AM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt trick View Post
Give me two of Hansen, Higgins, and Booth for Clowe and I'd be thrilled, especially if Moore came back. We'd actually have a good bottom 6.
Uhhh, but then our top 6 is brutal.

Do you really want to give the Canucks what they lack???

CommanderShepard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Superrat

Trade him or

If we don't get a good return for Clowe then drop him to where he belongs, on the third line. That is where his skill-set matches up. He had a couple of good years rotating through the first two lines and to his credit he played above his abilities, good on him, but age is starting to get him and he is no longer able to play above his head. In to above complaints, I didn't see anyone complaining about the thing that drives me crazy, he stays on the ice too long gets tired and stops skating which causes mistakes and bad decisions. How many of you have seen Clowe doing the big bird stretch and get called for hooking or have a player skate right by him. He needs to loose his place as a top 6 forward on the Sharks either by trade or demotion.

Superrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:05 AM
Chaotic8
Boarding Major

vCash: 516
Voted no, but Clowe is far from safe here in San Jose. Shop the hell out of him and see what can be found in the poorer performing markets; i.e. NYI, CBJ (Nash?not 1 for 1)

Chaotic8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 02:02 PM
19sharks19

Absolutely, in a package to bring in one of the players we are "looking into". Get some value from him now, while we can. Would much rather risk losing Clowe than a deal involving Pav's in it instead.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote