HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Doan won't sign until July 16 at earliest

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2012, 01:25 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
As if Coyotes fans didn't lose their gasket when the Kings eliminated and decimated them, imagine their reaction when they sign the face of their franchise. That'll be a double whammy.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:33 AM
Kesler2Kesler
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
It was all trumped up nonsense. Guy doesn't even say hell or damn. I heard him mic'd up during a fist fight and all he said to the guy was "puke". It was an intense game. He missed a wide open net and screamed "fudge!". He was really letting the "dangs" and "hecks" fly that day.

His parents own and operate Christian Youth camp in Alberta. Shane was literally raised in church camp. He lived at church camp until he left for Kamloops.

He does not have a dirty mouth and would not make a Franco slur.

It was all nonsense.
From my time in this Province, I've learned that there is only one thing that can make any Albertan swear. Quebec citizens.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:51 AM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Was somewhat hoping for him to go to the Kings, but I don't want that if he actually wants 5 years. I'd go 2 tops right now. And that still depends on cap hit.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:59 AM
Frank Garrett

Doan will be a DUCK!

Old
07-03-2012, 02:19 AM
ReverendAlBundy
Loungetown mortician

Doan is a farm boy. Anyone who thinks he'll sign in SoCal is out of their minds.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:25 AM
boredmale

I have a feeling Doan will sign before Parise and Suter

Old
07-03-2012, 02:29 AM
PhillyBluesFan

Doan on the Canucks on the same line as Kessler would be scary

Old
07-03-2012, 03:22 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendAlBundy View Post
Doan is a farm boy. Anyone who thinks he'll sign in SoCal is out of their minds.
Doan and Darryl Sutter can exchange farming tips.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:36 AM
Richie10

Dean and Daryl can like Doan as much as they want, but I highly, highly doubt he considers signing with the Kings after how the WCF went down. It just doesn't make any sense.

I also hope Dean isn't getting doe eyed and ignoring all the potential chemistry issues a strong personality like Doan would pose in the locker room. There has been all kind of talk about some of the apparently very nasty things Doan said to Brown in the handshake line. I really don't think those wounds have healed. Yeah, sure, "they're professionals they'll get over it" is the auto-retort, but be realistic here. Doan lost it after that WCF. I really don't think he'd be willing to sign in LA, and I don't think the room would accept him, anyway.

With all that said, a line of Brown-Richards-Doan would truly be a force to behold.

Gagne-Kopitar-Carter
Brown-Richards-Doan
Penner-Stoll-Williams

Is probably the best top nine in the league.

Old
07-03-2012, 04:08 AM
Captain Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Dallas is fairly close, he'll be in Phoenix at least 3 times a year, and he's already got some ties to people in the organization. We need some more grit in our top 6 and have one final spot. A perfect fit, if you ask me.

Obviously, only if Phoenix doesn't work out. I'd like to see him stay there, naturally, but would love to see him in a Stars' sweater even more.
Don't forget he co-owns the Kamloops Blazers with our new owner Tom Gaglardi. Doan being a star wouldn't surprise me one bit, but then again I'm a Stars fan.

Old
07-03-2012, 05:31 AM
SCinSJ
Sith Lord Burns

I'm not entirely sure why but I have a feeling Doan will be wearing teal next year.

Marleau-Thornton-Doan
Clowe-Couture-Havlat
xxx-Pavelski-xxx

Marleau/Couture/Pavelski and Doan/Havlat switched as needed.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:17 AM
puckyeah

I need Doan to sign with Phoenix, i dont want to lose that 'rivalry' he currently has with Dustin Brown and the Kings. Looking forward to Yotes v Kings first meeting, but i need Shane there.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:45 AM
MISC*
Negged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
I could see the Canucks going as high as $5M for the 3 years. Don't think they'd go any longer but maybe slightly higher for a shorter term. Doan would be a great fit alongside the Sedins.
I would personally do 2 years 5 mill.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:02 AM
skg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyBluesFan View Post
Doan on the Canucks on the same line as Kessler would be scary
Not in a positive way....I like Doan, but I don't think he would fit well with Kes.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:13 AM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by skg View Post
Not in a positive way....I like Doan, but I don't think he would fit well with Kes.
i can't imagine why not
in his last 4 years he's averaged close to 23g / 37a ...so while he can score he's also a great assist guy too. Plus he's a fantastic leader and physical player .. he is EXACTLY what the Canucks need, and I think he could compliment either of the top 2 lines beautifully.
I just think he's very likely to stay in Phx
I like him WAY more than Semin, who is equally unlikely to come as he'll want monster $ and term.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:13 AM
fsanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Dean and Daryl can like Doan as much as they want, but I highly, highly doubt he considers signing with the Kings after how the WCF went down. It just doesn't make any sense.

I also hope Dean isn't getting doe eyed and ignoring all the potential chemistry issues a strong personality like Doan would pose in the locker room. There has been all kind of talk about some of the apparently very nasty things Doan said to Brown in the handshake line. I really don't think those wounds have healed. Yeah, sure, "they're professionals they'll get over it" is the auto-retort, but be realistic here. Doan lost it after that WCF. I really don't think he'd be willing to sign in LA, and I don't think the room would accept him, anyway.

With all that said, a line of Brown-Richards-Doan would truly be a force to behold.

Gagne-Kopitar-Carter
Brown-Richards-Doan
Penner-Stoll-Williams

Is probably the best top nine in the league.

Doan , during an interview said, "that Brownie wanted to talk about the hit, and told him now was not the time to discuss."

Doan actually called him "Brownie" now if a guy is very bitter towards another guy, they probably are not going to use the guy's hockey nick, when they refer to him.

Players get over things quicker than fans do.

Clearly the guy does not want to uproot his family otherwise he would not care where the team ends up. So he is going to look for the next best option to try and stay as close to home as he can.. On off days he will want the ability to go home, LA-Anaheim, he is there in less than an hour. Dallas/SJO/Denver an 1.5 to 2 hours.. Those seem as the logical choices.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Fidel Astro

I know some people have suggested it might be nice for Doan to come full-circle and end his career where it began, in Winnipeg, but as a Jets fan, I just wanted to point out that I definitely don't want him coming here.

He's a very good player, but I don't like his personality at all. To me, anyway, he always seems so insincere in interviews, like he's trying to put on this holier-than-thou image while not actually behaving that way on the ice.

I mean, he goes on and on and on about how he's a Christian -- which is completely irrelevant to hockey in any way, shape or form, by the way -- and then he'll go on the ice and do some ridiculously dirty play, hitting from behind or whatever. It never really matches up to me. If you're going to goon mother****ers out there, don't pretend to be all pious and ****.

I think the alleged anti-French slurs are related to that. Doan is always talking about how he doesn't swear (because of Jesus or some crap). We all know he changed his story in court and finally admitted that someone made the anti-French slur. I've always felt that he denied it so strongly not because he was ashamed that he said something racist, but that he was ashamed that he swore. In the term "****ing frog" or whatever he called the ref, the "****ing" part was way worse for Doan's good-little-Christian image than the "frog" part, so that's why he was so adamant that he didn't say anything.

I've always felt that way, ever since his kind-of admission after the fact that, "OK, I'll admit that someone said it." You said it, mother****er. Own up.

Also, I have to acknowledge that his attitude toward the Coyotes potentially moving back to Winnipeg left a really sour taste in my mouth. Obviously he's not going to say "oh boy, I'm excited my team might relocate," but he could have been a little less of a dick about it.

There were heavy rumours that he'd made a comment on TV in Arizona that based on his experience here, the new Jets were gonna have a hard time selling out games if the team started losing. Of course, he was only here for the lame duck season after the team had already been sold, so he had no frame of reference for what Jets fans were like.

The worst part about this was that he didn't apologize or even publicly deny he made those comments until he had to come here to play a game. Then he was all repentant, all "that's not what I said, I really like Winnipeg." Yeah, right, buddy. **** you. I was among the fans at the sold-out MTS Centre who booed him every time he touched the puck. It was glorious.

(To be fair, we did give him a little ovation to acknowledge he's the only ex-Jet still with that franchise, but after that was done, it was boos all around. **** Doan.)

Old
07-03-2012, 02:37 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

^ one hundred percent nonsense. You better start backing those claims up with some links, buddy.

07-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

vCash: 781
At this pace, he might sign before Parise.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:43 PM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post
Doan won't sign until around July 8th? Well apperently neither will Parise or Suter
Everybody's got it wrong...Parise and Suter are waiting on Doan's decision

Old
07-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Fidel Astro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
^ one hundred percent nonsense. You better start backing those claims up with some links, buddy.
I don't need to. He writes Bible verses on his sticks. He's well-known for not swearing. Others have referenced that on this very thread. Everyone is well aware that he's a religious nut.

My theory about why he denied the racism stuff is just that... my theory. I never claimed that it was proven fact.

As for the issues with Winnipeg, there was a whole discussion on the HF Jets forum specifically about whether Doan should be booed or not. Our local papers even discussed whether Doan had been offensive or not to this city and its fans. It was a big issue.

I know we boo people every game here in Winnipeg, but Doan was booed longer and louder than pretty much anyone else all season. I was at the game. It was a very charged atmosphere. There's obviously a reason why that happened, and it's not that he's an ex-Jet. When Teemu Selanne came back as a Duck, Jets fans gave him a standing ovation pretty much every time he touched the puck... and he was playing for the other team. Winnipeggers met him at the airport in the middle of the night. The man is absolutely adored here.

Doan isn't. In fact, quite the opposite. So you have to assume there's a reason for that, and not just that he used to play here.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:03 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHawksFan View Post
Everybody's got it wrong...Parise and Suter are waiting on Doan's decision

Parise and Suter won't sign until the Phoenix ownership situation is settled...so that they can sign with the Coyotes!

Boom.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Ronaldo
★★★

vCash: 55
So apparently Dallas is going hard after Doan. Dallas owner Tom Gaglardi and Shane Doan are good friends and co-owners of Kamloops Blazers. If Dallas gets him hopefully they trade Morrow to the 'Nucks.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:07 PM
fsanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Parise and Suter won't sign until the Phoenix ownership situation is settled...so that they can sign with the Coyotes!

Boom.
Given what those 2 are going to make they could probably buy the Coyotes, and move them to a destination of their choosing..

Old
07-03-2012, 03:07 PM
wiredmaverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by skg View Post
He'd be phenomenal with the Sedins though...

Closed Thread