HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zach Parise: The Great Indecision (part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2012, 02:55 PM
cutfast

vCash: 500
I think Parise is doing the right thing here. I think he is looking at things that most people don't. Things some of us are not considering. Things like...
Am I still gonna live in Minnesota during the summer?
Will my future wife and future kids like this(living in 2 different locations throughout the year)?
Will it be easy on them to leave 2 different places?
Do I want to continue being away from my family?
How is the area for raising my future kids?
How is the area for hockey?
Will I be able to have privacy or everytime I hit the town am I going to be swamped by fans?
Would my family (as a whole, mom, dad, in laws and everyone) move with us?

Old
07-03-2012, 02:55 PM
wpghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Selanne didn't hold up the whole market.
Parise is not holding up the market. The agents of the other players are holding up the market. All those players have already received good offers, but they think they can get more once Parise goes off the books.

Oh wait, I guess we should blame Parise for that.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Mongo
Mongo likes candy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
im sick of this guy already, make a decision stop holding up the entire market, teams need to move on already
Teams have all summer. People getting mad at him are pathetic. The guy has a huge life decision on the line here. Why the hell should he hurry up. It's not his problem that other players are waiting for his payday to set the market.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:58 PM
NastyNick

I honestly think its part agent-games / bringing in offers from Philly and Chicago to put pressure on Pittsburgh and Detroit to up their offer AND i think its that he doesn't want to seem like hes taking the decision lightly. Maybe he is going to Pittsburgh or Detroit, but they are offering less money then New Jersey. How does he justify this? Taking less and playing for a rival.. not going to endear himself with his former teammates that way. Especially after Brodeur resigned and then called him. That was probably the call that made everything slow down. So he has to drag it out and make it appear like hes talked with his family and came to this decision the right way.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:59 PM
mustela

im really looking forward to when he (or suter) signs with a team no one expected

Old
07-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Hotshot320

I understand it is a big decision and he wants to make sure the place he goes is good for the family, but did this thing just sneak up on him.

You would think he would have put some thought into this throughout his 1 year contract.

I am sure his fiance and him have had a few dinner conversations about this topic prior... So whats up?

Poor parise so Stressful... I wish my stress was due to which 100 million dollar contract I needed to sign lol.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:00 PM
mustela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
Teams have all summer. People getting mad at him are pathetic. The guy has a huge life decision on the line here. Why the hell should he hurry up. It's not his problem that other players are waiting for his payday to set the market.

Old
ForzaItalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNick View Post
I honestly think its part agent-games / bringing in offers from Philly and Chicago to put pressure on Pittsburgh and Detroit to up their offer AND i think its that he doesn't want to seem like hes taking the decision lightly. Maybe he is going to Pittsburgh or Detroit, but they are offering less money then New Jersey. How does he justify this? Taking less and playing for a rival.. not going to endear himself with his former teammates that way. So he has to drag it out and make it appear like hes talked with his family and came to this decision the right way.
Possibly. I too think he's already made up his mind. Maybe he's trying to see if his buddy Suter can follow him too.

Old
Jaded-Fan

Old
Rectify
I need a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutfast View Post
I think Parise is doing the right thing here. I think he is looking at things that most people don't. Things some of us are not considering. Things like...
Am I still gonna live in Minnesota during the summer?
Will my future wife and future kids like this(living in 2 different locations throughout the year)?
Will it be easy on them to leave 2 different places?
Do I want to continue being away from my family?
How is the area for raising my future kids?
How is the area for hockey?
Will I be able to have privacy or everytime I hit the town am I going to be swamped by fans?
Would my family (as a whole, mom, dad, in laws and everyone) move with us?
I'm glad you only post 18 times in four years.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:01 PM
wickedwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyDump View Post
I still believe that Crosby didn't take a pay raise in signing his new deal because he spoke to Parise about coming to play in Pittsburgh. After all, they are pretty close friends.
Close friends? A months ago they were friendly acquaintances, last week that got upgrade to friends, and now they're close friends?

I think Parise signs with the Pens, but it won't be because of his close and personal relationship with Crosby.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:01 PM
JackBauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
im sick of this guy already, make a decision stop holding up the entire market, teams need to move on already
Dude, who the **** are you to tell some guy "Oh, you have a life-altering decision to make that will change the course of not your life, but that of your fiancee, future kids, parents, siblings not to mention a franchise and fan base? What the hell are you thinking about it for?" Do you expect him to go "Oh, Rick Nash doesn't want to play for Columbus anymore? Well I'll speed my decision up to accomodate a player wanting out of his newly signed contract."

Let him be. It's the biggest decision he'll ever make in his life. It's probably a bigger decision than anything you'll ever have to make in your life. The world will still keep on spinning if Parise takes an extra day or two. Lay off.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:02 PM
FinProspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holotypic View Post
I'm glad you only post 18 times in four years.

Damn it! Where is the "Like" button, when you really need it. Hfboards, please implement!

Old
07-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Parise should call a press conference to announce that he and his fiancee are going on a week-long Caribbean cruise to discuss who he should sign with.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyDump View Post
Being a friend of Crosby, I'm sure he had an idea of Parise's intentions and that it wasn't all done on free will. If it was, then good on Sid, it shows what a team player he is. 99% of the players out there would take some kind of raise, especially if you're the face of the league.

From all the reading I've done, I'm confident that it's between the Wild and Penguins.

Who wins? Who knows.
Crosby missed how many games due to concussion symptoms?

Pittsburgh is taking a huge risk by signing him for 12 years. It would be out of the question for him to also get a raise, given the concussion problems over the past two years.

When it comes down to it, Crosby traded his pay raise for 12 years of job security.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:03 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Assuming that's all true, the fact that he hasn't signed yet says something happened Sunday that he was not expecting. Based on reports, I would say he was leaning toward Pitt like you said, but then the Flyers came out of left field with offers for him and Suter in a whole different stratesphere then what the Pens offered him.

If you're Parise and you go into Sunday with a good idea that youre signing in Pitt for 10 years, around 75 mil...then another team offers you 30 more million...and that same team is willing to pay your buddy Suter the same amount, that has to stop and make you think...especially since Philly is close to where he lives now.

On top of that, your home town team also offers you a contract close to what the Flyers did, and now you have another option on the table.

I am just speculating, but that is kind of where I think this situation is. I think Holmgren made offer far above what Parise was expecting, and other teams (Minny, possibly CHI) have followed. Pitt, prob is unwilling to spend that much money for cap reasons and because it would look bad if they gave Parise more money than Crosby. My point is though, Pitt maybe where he wanted to go, but the offers from Philly and Minny have made themselves options now...for money and family reasons.
I think this is all that needs to be said.

Parise may have very well been 99% set on Pittsburgh, but Noon EST Sunday a wild card appeared (Flyers). Once word started making the rounds about the type of money the Flyers had offered, then Minnesota sweetened their deal... and then Chicago entered the mix. Shero is not dumb enough to throw the kind of money the Flyers are allegedly throwing at Parise.

The longer this goes on the worse it is for the Penguins IMO.

It all just depends on what is important to Parise. Does he go home to Minny and make 30 million more? Does he go play with a good friend and make 30 million less. Does he make his fiance' happy by making it possible for her to continue her teaching career in NJ/not uproot what they have started as a family and make 30 million more?

Last edited by El Dandy*: 07-03-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old
07-03-2012, 03:04 PM
probertrules24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
Parise should call a press conference to announce that he and his fiancee are going on a week-long Caribbean cruise to discuss who he should sign with.
Sid could join him just to let everybody know there is no new news on his concussion.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Puck Mafia View Post

Pittsburgh is taking a huge risk by signing him for 12 years. It would be out of the question for him to also get a raise, given the concussion problems over the past two years.

When it comes down to it, Crosby traded his pay raise for 12 years of job security.
Crosby could have gotten the max for a dozen years from most teams in the league if he had gone UFA. The only reason it would not be all is because of internal financial issues some teams have which preclude that kind of commitment in dollars and years.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:06 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

All of this talk of Parise and Suter working together is turning this Free Agent Frenzy into a Free Agent FRIENDS SAY

Old
07-03-2012, 03:08 PM
cutfast

For some reason I don't think Philly is offering him the highest. I'll find it in a bid, I believe it was Russo though who said he was told that Minnesota will not lose simply because of being outbid. Which would lead me to believe that they are prepared and were prepared to outbid EVERYONE. And I think Fletcher is actually crazy enough to do it.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:09 PM
CHLLL Penguin

vCash: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Puck Mafia View Post

If Parise can potentially get 10mil for 10 years im pretty sure crosby could get whatever he wants on a 12yr contract. He took a pay cut not because he has to but because he wanted to.

Look at the ****storm HF went into because Parise didnt decide in 48 hrs. Imagine if Crosby was a UFA..he could get any length of contract he wanted for any amount

Old
07-03-2012, 03:10 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLLL Penguin View Post
If Parise can potentially get 10mil for 10 years im pretty sure crosby could get whatever he wants on a 12yr contract. He took a pay cut not because he has to but because he wanted to.

Look at the ****storm HF went into because Parise didnt decide in 48 hrs. Imagine if Crosby was a UFA..he could get any length of contract he wanted for any amount
Crosby would get 150 million easy on the open market

Old
07-03-2012, 03:11 PM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
All of this talk of Parise and Suter working together is turning this Free Agent Frenzy into a Free Agent FRIENDS SAY

Epic.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinProspects View Post

Damn it! Where is the "Like" button, when you really need it. Hfboards, please implement!
That could actually be a cool feature here.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:13 PM
irishtemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post

This is the post I would like if such a button existed.

Closed Thread