HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zach Parise: The Great Indecision (part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2012, 02:16 PM
xlnc66

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Express View Post
Crosby would get 150 million easy on the open market
Oh no doubt. The fact that Crosby took no raise and kept his cap hit at 8.7m is the reason the Pens even have a shot to add a guy like Parise.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:18 PM
CHLLL Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
That could actually be a cool feature here.
This.

It would stop people from putting up those "This." posts which would weed out some of the posts, therefore making the forums smaller so when Parise reads these threads hell be able to make his decision faster

It would be nice to see how many people "like" your post. But with all the hate on this site im not sure how often it would get used.

Old
Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlnc66 View Post
Oh no doubt. The fact that Crosby took no raise and kept his cap hit at 8.7m is the reason the Pens even have a shot to add a guy like Parise.
Another reason everyone outside of Pittsburgh hates him!

Old
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

There couldn't have been a more perfect face for that joke.

Now back to the Free Agent, PARISE.

Bet this doesn't end up getting done until the 10-15th. Kovalchuk saga has me trained for long distance sagas like these

Old
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

vCash: 50
It would be cool if both Suter and Parise signed with the Wild. :thumbsup:

Old
07-03-2012, 02:19 PM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

I kind of want to go back to read the Kovalchuk threads to see if people were complaining this much about him talking too long on July 3rd. Kovalchuk signed on, what, the 19th?

Old
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootKnight View Post
I kind of want to go back to read the Kovalchuk threads to see if people were complaining this much about him talking too long on July 3rd. Kovalchuk signed on, what, the 19th?
of like September ('legitimate' contract was sept 4th and took a while to be accepted)

Old
Czech Your Math

I'll say if he doesn't decide tonight, that's bad news for Minnesota (and possibly Chicago) and good news for teams like Phi/Pit/Det.

He isn't going to the July 4th BBQ and telling everyone "I just signed with Flyers/Pens/Wings". With Minnesota? sure. With Chicago? that's close enough. With Jersey? same, same. With Flyers/Pens/Wings? he probably waits until after the holiday.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:21 PM
MRY71

Why are teams wanting to throw so much money towards a player who has had 75 points his last 95 games? I mean he is going to be receiving Crosby and Malkin kind of money but he hasn't exactly filled the trophy cases like these guys. Must be because Ovechkin had an off year so he thinks he deserves that kind of money. I hope he comes to my Pens but I would not be happy with the deal unless it was $7.5 million per year or lower.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:23 PM
skoods

People getting mad at posters for saying he's taking too long are missing the point. It's not that he is taking a couple of days. It's that we first heard that he would make a decision Sunday night. Then, we heard definitely by Monday night. Then, we heard definitely Tuesday. Now, it's looking like it's going until the weekend.

If he were getting offers or we were getting reports of activity then that would be one thing. But, he's just stalling for no reported reason besides "talking to his family." Well, there's these things called the phone and internet. Does he really need to wait a day then fly to Minnesota to talk to his family? Pick up the phone, Parise!

Old
07-03-2012, 02:24 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRY71 View Post
Why are teams wanting to throw so much money towards a player who has had 75 points his last 95 games? I mean he is going to be receiving Crosby and Malkin kind of money but he hasn't exactly filled the trophy cases like these guys. Must be because Ovechkin had an off year so he thinks he deserves that kind of money. I hope he comes to my Pens but I would not be happy with the deal unless it was $7.5 million per year or lower.
Do you understand how rare it is for 27 year old 70 point players to hit UFA?

Old
07-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoods View Post
People getting mad at posters for saying he's taking too long are missing the point. It's not that he is taking a couple of days. It's that we first heard that he would make a decision Sunday night. Then, we heard definitely by Monday night. Then, we heard definitely Tuesday. Now, it's looking like it's going until the weekend.

If he were getting offers or we were getting reports of activity then that would be one thing. But, he's just stalling for no reported reason besides "talking to his family." Well, there's these things called the phone and internet. Does he really need to wait a day then fly to Minnesota to talk to his family? Pick up the phone, Parise!
He has not said all those days he would make a decision. He might have said once he thought he would make his decision at a certain time but he hasnt come out each day and stated it. In the interview an hour ago he even said he didnt want to put a time table on it.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:29 PM
tmg

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
It is a funny parallel that PA Parenteau, who is just one year older and had just two fewer points in two fewer games last year, signed Sunday with about the impact of a Nerf dart from a busted Nerf gun.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Czech Your Math

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoods View Post
But, he's just stalling for no reported reason besides "talking to his family." Well, there's these things called the phone and internet. Does he really need to wait a day then fly to Minnesota to talk to his family? Pick up the phone, Parise!
"talking to his family" is code for a week of festivities, that could include stumbling around the woods drunk with rifles... or a combination bachelor/FA party featuring strippers on skates with antlers attached to their heads... or both.

I imagine it's something like "Fear and Loathing in Minnesota"

Old
07-03-2012, 02:30 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmg View Post
It is a funny parallel that PA Parenteau, who is just one year older and had just two fewer points in two fewer games last year, signed Sunday with about the impact of a Nerf dart from a busted Nerf gun.
Goals, captaincy, consistency, pedigree.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:31 PM
CHLLL Penguin

Quote:
Semin

But he just turned 28

Old
07-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Pick87your71Poison

Quote:
He's also a 70 pt player that is outstanding defensively and on the penalty kill, works as hard as any forward in hockey, and put up those 70 pts coming off a season long injury and has actually scored 40+ goals and 90+ points in the past.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:32 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRY71 View Post
The market is very bare. Parise works hard and is a "can't miss" winger/team guy. This may be the last offseason of insane contracts with absurd money...so I think teams are trying to capitalize on that.

Players are too, look at all the extensions that have been signed.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
And the great wait continues....

Old
07-03-2012, 02:34 PM
MRY71

Quote:
He will be 28 years old in a a few weeks. But signing this guy for the rest of his career? Looking at his numbers he peaked a few years ago at 94 and has been declining gradually ever since. (1 season he was injured all year though) You can have him if you want those 70 points for a $9.0 million cap hit.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:36 PM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootKnight View Post
You have no idea.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:36 PM
gojackets1
Someday.

Alright, when are we expecting this to go down?

Old
07-03-2012, 02:37 PM
HTT3*

Personally, I don't want Parise on my team at $9 million cap hit for the next $12 years. If it is $9m, it better be front loaded with a much lower cap hit.

He's a good player, has many of good years in him, but not any $9million dollar years in him.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Your Math View Post
I'll say if he doesn't decide tonight, that's bad news for Minnesota (and possibly Chicago) and good news for teams like Phi/Pit/Det.

He isn't going to the July 4th BBQ and telling everyone "I just signed with Flyers/Pens/Wings". With Minnesota? sure. With Chicago? that's close enough. With Jersey? same, same. With Flyers/Pens/Wings? he probably waits until after the holiday.
I don't really follow your logic...

Old
07-03-2012, 02:39 PM
um

Closed Thread