Notices

Iginla Extension

Old
07-03-2012, 02:58 PM
BVicious

vCash: 500
Iginla Extension

Like it or not, he will be extended.

My guess is 3 yrs at 5.5. NMC of coarse, and he gets it done by December.

Do u think he re-signs? Would you rather him not?

I for one would be extremely ecstatic if he did. We need him. Not just for the annual 30G season, but as a leader, mentor, and an example of why the Franchise is worth sticking it out.

He is way more valuable to us at 36 then he is to anyone else.

BVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 03:13 PM
MarkGio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVicious View Post
Like it or not, he will be extended.

My guess is 3 yrs at 5.5. NMC of coarse, and he gets it done by December.

Do u think he re-signs? Would you rather him not?

I for one would be extremely ecstatic if he did. We need him. Not just for the annual 30G season, but as a leader, mentor, and an example of why the Franchise is worth sticking it out.

He is way more valuable to us at 36 then he is to anyone else.
My guess would be around 3 years at 3.5 million. That kind of salary would either help us contend better or increase his value in trade.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 03:16 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
My guess would be around 3 years at 3.5 million. That kind of salary would either help us contend better or increase his value in trade.
I agree with this 3 years around 3.5-4 million is the most I would do. Also if he is not re signed by the deadline I would consider trading Iggy, depending on standings.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 03:25 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

It's up to Iginla, not the Calgary Flames. Iginla has said he will take a wait-and-see attitude about an extension and see how the team looks, and how its doing. This could be the reason for the signings of veterans at almost every position on the roster, to give Iginla the impression the Flames believe they can compete. All said and done it is all on Iginla. If he comes out of the gate slowly again, the Flames will likely rack up the losses. Iginla will see the Flames can't compete and will demand a trade at that point. On the other side of the coin, if Iginla comes out hot and the team is winning it might give him incentive to sign an extension. Again, it's all on Iginla and his performance, and the Calgary Flames will have little say in which way that goes.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 03:29 PM
MarkGio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
It's up to Iginla, not the Calgary Flames. Iginla has said he will take a wait-and-see attitude about an extension and see how the team looks, and how its doing. This could be the reason for the signings of veterans at almost every position on the roster, to give Iginla the impression the Flames believe they can compete. All said and done it is all on Iginla. If he comes out of the gate slowly again, the Flames will likely rack up the losses. Iginla will see the Flames can't compete and will demand a trade at that point. On the other side of the coin, if Iginla comes out hot and the team is winning it might give him incentive to sign an extension. Again, it's all on Iginla and his performance, and the Calgary Flames will have little say in which way that goes.
True enough. Good post.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 03:38 PM
BVicious

Obvious it's up to Iginla. But at some point either he or management needs to break and someone has to ask what's going on. I love Selanne but I would go insane if I had to wait until summer to start planning the roster and salaries.

The ball is in iggy's court, but if he doesn't have an extension signed by deadline, we trade him. We have to ask him. Even if we are in a playoff position. You have to get something for him, or you lose him for nothing when we are out first round.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:42 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Lots of truth to this.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 04:14 PM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

So we can all agree that we are praying that Iginla comes out of the gate hot? We also have to pray he likes what he sees! Mind you, if he comes out hot and even then demands a trade we should be in for a king's ransom in any deal! Let's hope there is no lockout to disrupt anyone's training habits.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 04:16 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
So we can all agree that we are praying that Iginla comes out of the gate hot? We also have to pray he likes what he sees! Mind you, if he comes out hot and even then demands a trade we should be in for a king's ransom in any deal! Let's hope there is no lockout to disrupt anyone's training habits.
Yup, that is exactly what I am hoping for. If Iggy comes out slow, this team is likely in the same position as last year, in which case I would demand he be traded or re-signed to a good value contract.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 04:41 PM
superhakan
Gaudreauby Baker

I'd like to see him signed to a 4 year contract at less than 5 million.

Something along the lines of 7 - 6 - 4 - 2 gives Iginla a cap hit of less than 5 million and takes him to 40 years old.

superhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 04:43 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
I'd like to see him signed to a 4 year contract at less than 5 million.

Something along the lines of 7 - 6 - 4 - 2 gives Iginla a cap hit of less than 5 million and takes him to 40 years old.
Not bad..

I don't think he is worth 7 & 6 after this season though..

Hopefully something like 6 - 5.5 - 4 - 2 which helps a bit more.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Yes We Cam
Anton who?

Hurricanes fan here.

With all due respect, I don't see any chance of Iginla signing an extension unless they are in playoff contention by the trade deadline. With that being said, what would Calgary likely demand of a team thats interested in Iggy?

Yes We Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Volica
150 lbs of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked on Ponics View Post
Hurricanes fan here.

With all due respect, I don't see any chance of Iginla signing an extension unless they are in playoff contention by the trade deadline. With that being said, what would Calgary likely demand of a team thats interested in Iggy?
With all due respect. You don't know what this city means to Jerome and what Jerome means to this city. He resigns with a home town discount.

Canes want him? Over payment or no dice.

Skinner, your next best prospect and a second or first. We don't move him unless gross overpayment is made.

Volica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Yes We Cam
Anton who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
With all due respect. You don't know what this city means to Jerome and what Jerome means to this city. He resigns with a home town discount.

Canes want him? Over payment or no dice.

Skinner, your next best prospect and a second or first. We don't move him unless gross overpayment is made.
Obviously, JAROME doesn't mean much to his city when they can't spell his name right. Jokes aside, I undertand that Calgary is very important to him (family, legacy, etc), but he wants a Stanley Cup. I'm not saying Carolina is the ideal place for him to win one, but they will certainly be interested in overpaying for Iginla. Skinner though? Whatta joke.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Stewie Griffin
Driving a Bandwagon

vCash: 106
Quote:
Hurricanes fan here.

An overpayment so bad, that you should feel violated that you gave up so much for one player.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Yes We Cam
Anton who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
An overpayment so bad, that you should feel violated that you gave up so much for one player.
Have you even read the Rick Nash threads? There isn't much more that Calgary would demand that I haven't already heard.

Old
07-03-2012, 07:23 PM
BVicious

Quote:
Have you even read the Rick Nash threads? There isn't much more that Calgary would demand that I haven't already heard.
This.

Iggy gets what Nash gets. If not more. Iggy at 35 is just as good if not better than Nash right now.

Old
07-03-2012, 07:48 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 300
"Like it or not"? It would be such a shame to re-sign the best player to ever wear the Flaming C to an extension and player who is STILL the best forward on the team.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:51 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
I hope he re-signs but I am expecting the worst and he walks to try and win a cup. If that happens then we will most likely try to sign Horton if he goes to UFA as we won't rebuild.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:53 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Hurricanes fan here.

a 1st + good prospect + solid player to replace him right now.

Old
07-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Yes We Cam
Anton who?

1st+Dalpe+Pitkanen+Jokinen?

Old
07-03-2012, 08:00 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
1st+Dalpe+Pitkanen+Jokinen?
That would probably do it imo. Nice offer I don't think you low balled it.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Yes We Cam
Anton who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
That would probably do it imo. Nice offer I don't think you low balled it.
We would be more than happy as well to recieve a HOF right winger to help solidify the Staals line
I figured that Dalpe woud be a decent prospect replacement at the position and the Flames like to recycle those good ol' Finns.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:06 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
We would be more than happy as well to recieve a HOF right winger to help solidify the Staals line
I figured that Dalpe woud be a decent prospect replacement at the position and the Flames like to recycle those good ol' Finns.
We are weak at every position when it comes to top end talent except maybe LW and Goalie which is why a 1st + a good prospect must be included and then our ownership doesn't want to rebuild so offering 28-30 year old players makes sense since they keep us competitive.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Yes We Cam
Anton who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
We are weak at every position when it comes to top end talent except maybe LW and Goalie which is why a 1st + a good prospect must be included and then our ownership doesn't want to rebuild so offering 28-30 year old players makes sense since they keep us competitive.
It's truly a shame that Calgary's managment has let this go on for that long. Nevertheless, Carolina would probably prefer to help out Calgary more than Columbus because Howson is an idiot and Nash doesn't even want to waive his NMC to come here. My proposal leaves Calgary with some cap issues though, perhaps they would like to unload Bouwmeester's contract and take back Larose too?