HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Sit and Think Things Through Thoroughly (Matt Carle signed with Tampa Bay)

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2012, 05:50 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
The 4.5M is questionable though...
Who cares? It's one year, and Dallas had a ton of cap room anyway. They have 12 forwards signed and the last one is Benn who is an RFA. 5 Defensemen and you assume Fistric will resign another RFA. Without those 2 or a back up goalie signed they still have over 20 million in cap space

Old
07-03-2012, 05:51 PM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

vCash: 500
so long Jagr fans

Old
07-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akanon View Post
Sam Carchidi @BroadStBull:

RT @Real_ESPNLeBrun: Hearing that Jaromir Jagr has agreed to one-year, $4.5-million deal with the Dallas Stars
Clearly he will be doing a farewell tour of the NHL by playing for every existing team before retiring at age 70.

07-03-2012, 05:53 PM
rainrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
were not getting either one of these losers and I'm happy about it. i'd take suter but it would suck to overpay him like he was chris pronger 1998. as far as these two knuckle nuts taking a month to decide your gonna tell me they hadn't thought about the different scenarios before the offers were laid out? they should've been slightly more prepared to make a decision, that's why theres frustration on how long their holding up progress. either way neither of them are worth 100 million dollar deals. if we got that money to blow lets just lock up giroux with an extension right now.
Yep. Its time Homer pulled his offers away and go to plan B.

Wasting time and being left out in the cold is not advisable. Wouldnt shock me if Parise has always intended to play with his Cindy and is stalling to screw the Flyers out of potential other moves.

Old
07-03-2012, 05:55 PM
bp spec

Well I didn't really expect Jagr to come back. Now there's going to be a trade or a FA signing. Otherwise I think Jake should/will play next to G.

Old
07-03-2012, 05:55 PM
rainrock

Jagr was fun to watch for that first month or 2 last fall but you cant beat Father Time. I'm glad his cap hit isnt in Philly.

Old
07-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
Jagr was fun to watch for that first month or 2 last fall but you cant beat Father Time. I'm glad his cap hit isnt in Philly.
Yup.

I think he did what he could here--and he probably passed on some important "wisdom" about what it means to be a professional away from the ice, but I really wasn't thrilled with having him back next season, given how he looked down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Still, you'd have to think we sign a forward now--even if it is "just" a third-line guy--or make a trade.

Old
07-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Mr Black
Flyers-76ers-Eagles

Cya Jagr. It was pretty fun.

Old
07-03-2012, 05:59 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

Farewell Jags. Thanks for some awesome times.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:01 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I'll be back to booing Jagr when he returns (if he returns...do we play Dallas this year?)

Old
07-03-2012, 06:04 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoods View Post
That's freaking retarded.
what specifically is retarded about that? he's dead on. us offering 100 million dollar deals to two mildly above average players is retarded especially not knowing what's gonna happen with the cba. there both insanely overrated. good. but not 100 million dollar good. no where near in fact.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:04 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Enjoy Dallas, Jagr. It was nice.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
07-03-2012, 06:05 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I'll be back to booing Jagr when he returns (if he returns...do we play Dallas this year?)
Yea. End of October at home.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Bryzard of Oz

I sure hope Homer is putting pressure on his plan Bs to sign now instead of waiting. This is getting ridiculous already.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

So, how long until we sign Knuble?

Old
07-03-2012, 06:13 PM
phillyflyerfan1992
@ahthorne

Glad Jagr got the money he was looking for. He'll get plenty of top-6 playing time, too. I'm going to assume Brendan Morrow is on his way out of Dallas. Eriksson-Benn-Jagr is going to turn Jamie Benn into a superstar if Jagr still has enough gas in the tank.

Taylor Pyatt gone to New York. They get another big body who can put in a lot of garbage goals. Perhaps Dubinsky is on the block?

Hoping Flyers get Parise or Ryan and then Suter or Carle. Would like them to take a look at Doan, Winnik, Mueller, Moore, Wellwood and possibly Lagenbrunner if Parise signs here (not happening...). Gilbert Brule could be an okay reclamation project. We could get him and Mueller for cheap if it comes down to it as our 12th/13th forwards.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:14 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Anybody thinking Carle hasn't signed yet because he wants to see if we get Suter or not (as in we still have a stake in him)?

Old
07-03-2012, 06:16 PM
lancer247

Anyone think that the Flyers know they are going to get Parise or Suter and just wanted to up the value to cost their competition to over pay?

I don't think any of the plan Bs (Jagr, Hudler, Jokinen) are significantly better then what they have now in Read or Voracek being bumped up a line. I wouldn't mind them signing Carle and moving Mez to Dallas for Morrow + then signing cheaper #5-#6 dman like Roszival.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Anybody thinking Carle hasn't signed yet because he wants to see if we get Suter or not (as in we still have a stake in him)?
I think he's absolutely waiting on Suter, yes.

I also believe he will give the Flyers the opportunity to match his best offer, because I do think he likes playing here.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:20 PM
JABEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
Anyone think that the Flyers know they are going to get Parise or Suter and just wanted to up the value to cost their competition to over pay?

I don't think any of the plan Bs (Jagr, Hudler, Jokinen) are significantly better then what they have now in Read or Voracek being bumped up a line. I wouldn't mind them signing Carle and moving Mez to Dallas for Morrow + then signing cheaper #5-#6 dman like Roszival.
Flyers want Parise and Suter. No organization would put over $200 million in offers on the table that can be accepted at any time without them wanting the players. If they didn't want them, that would be an incredibly stupid risk to take.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
Flyers want Parise and Suter. No organization would put over $200 million in offers on the table that can be accepted at any time without them wanting the players. If they didn't want them, that would be an incredibly stupid risk to take.
The Blackhawks apparently put big money offers in for each individually, and also presented slightly lighter deals that they could sign if they both wanted to come to Chicago.

Does anyone think our GM thought of that?

Old
07-03-2012, 06:25 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
I am not saying they don't want them but that they are comfortable knowing that they will not get them regardless of the $$ offered based on conversations with the agents. I know it happens often in baseball. It's not like the Flyers don't have the $$ but that they don't have a realistic chance of signing them.

Personally, I think Parise resigns in NJ or goes to Minny and Suter signs in DET.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Prongo
Beer

I see a few teams are now meeting face to face with Suter now.... have yet to see one be the Flyers.....

Old
07-03-2012, 06:40 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

If the Flyers get skunked in free agency, then everyone better prepare for Holmgren to go nuts with regards to trades. That scares me more than anything because you can bet that everyone other than Giroux is going to be in play. For the love of God, please let Peter Lukko rein in Holmgren if he's going nuts and contemplating moving either Schenn or Couturier....

Old
07-03-2012, 06:41 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflyerfan1992 View Post
Glad Jagr got the money he was looking for. He'll get plenty of top-6 playing time, too. I'm going to assume Brendan Morrow is on his way out of Dallas. Eriksson-Benn-Jagr is going to turn Jamie Benn into a superstar if Jagr still has enough gas in the tank.

Taylor Pyatt gone to New York. They get another big body who can put in a lot of garbage goals. Perhaps Dubinsky is on the block?

Hoping Flyers get Parise or Ryan and then Suter or Carle. Would like them to take a look at Doan, Winnik, Mueller, Moore, Wellwood and possibly Lagenbrunner if Parise signs here (not happening...). Gilbert Brule could be an okay reclamation project. We could get him and Mueller for cheap if it comes down to it as our 12th/13th forwards.
Agreed. I'd be getting slightly annoyed. All we need is 1-2 defensively responsible forwards.

Closed Thread