HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

The Official Jaromir Jagr Discussion Thread

Old
07-03-2012, 05:51 PM
starsfan4ever

vCash: 500
Just chatted with Nieuwendyk. He was looking at his board in his office and had Benn centering Jagr and Ericksson... Pretty good!

- Lebrun

So Whitney Roy Rider

starsfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
upstater

Really didn't see this coming.

Sabres fan here. Enjoy Roy also.

upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Elysian
@AdamBath

vCash: 5355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Don't even care if we're decent this season. Never having to hear pesky Stars again will be enough. That and not having the Otter fan club in your ear every five seconds.

Joe had a plan (for forwards at least) and has accomplished it IMO. Signing Doan will be icing on the cake.
You mean you don't read Keep Dallas Pesky every day?

Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Amazing Larry
WE PLAYOFFS NOW

vCash: 869
Quote:
Jagr leave Flyer team go be cowboy in texas
per @notbryzgoalie30

LOL

Amazing Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 05:52 PM
NHLsnipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jere26 View Post
Well, Jagr and the other signings are certainly moves into the right direction in improving the PP. So much skill there. Lack of physicality is certainly an aspect that needs to be looked at closer but I bet Joe isn't done yet.
Please offer the world to Parise and Suter. Then trade for Luongo.

Doubt its possible, but the team would instantly be a favorite.

I just really want a Cup for Jagr.

NHLsnipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Juzmo
Wakey Wakey, Backes!

vCash: 6969
Been just lurking around, but the Stars getting Jagr is just something so weird and wonderful I had to post.

Been a pretty darn nice offseason so far.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 05:53 PM
NHLsnipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsfan4ever View Post
Just chatted with Nieuwendyk. He was looking at his board in his office and had Benn centering Jagr and Ericksson... Pretty good!

- Lebrun

So Whitney Roy Rider
Makes sense. Jagr wants to win, but he also wants to play. He was losing that chance in Philly because of all their young guns coming into fruition.

Most Philly fans will say he lost steam towards the end of the season, but in reality, he was demoted on the PP to let Voracek skate it all the way in each time because he was faster. That killed his playing time.

NHLsnipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 05:56 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
Yeah I have a real problem with these people that are screaming about "oh the Stars are no longer gritty, they aren't tough to play against. Other teams that have toughness will eat our top 6 alive"

how often did all of our tough guys and agitators eat up someone else's top 6? not very often.
Edmonton is the only team last year that we actually beat up physically.

MetalGodAOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 05:57 PM
Huddy

Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpi3080 View Post
Jagr helped Giroux to be on the NHL 13 cover

So if he will on the line with Jamie... guess what?
Hhahaha funniest thing I've read on here all day..good signing but whats up w that D?

Huddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dirty Kari

Yeah our tough truculent roster couldn't move the puck out of their own zone.

Dirty Kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bennrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Whale View Post
Hhahaha funniest thing I've read on here all day..good signing but whats up w that D?
let's just not talk about our D

Bennrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsfan4ever View Post

- Lebrun

So Whitney Roy Rider
I'm sure Gulutzan will utilize it differently and spread it out a bit more. Niewy probably just has those as his top 3 forwards in his depth chart. Doesn't necessarily mean the coach will utilize it like that.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Troy McClure

Pesky is something you sell when you've got nothing left. **** pesky. #GoodAtHockey should be the new mantra.

Troy McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Huddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLsnipers View Post
Please offer the world to Parise and Suter. Then trade for Luongo.

Doubt its possible, but the team would instantly be a favorite.

I just really want a Cup for Jagr.
Going to Dallas for him wasn't about winning a Cup if he wanted to win a cup he would sign w a favorite .. 4.5 mil at 55 anyone would take ..Yes this is a great signing for Dallas and will bring media attention , but after the first two lines it's pretty thin as well as your D .. Im sure Joe isn't done but the die hard Dallas fans have to be somewhat scratching their heads about not only signing another 40+ year old but relying on them to be their offense ..

Old
07-03-2012, 06:02 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
Die hard Dallas fans have to be somewhat scratching their heads about not only signing another 40+ year old but relying on them to be their offense ..
Not really, we understand the plan pretty well. And we've explained it 100 times, but people don't read before they post.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Phil Connors*

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
Not really, we understand the plan pretty well. And we've explained it 1000 times, but people don't read before they post.
Sorry, thought it should be more accurate.

Phil Connors* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:06 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Going to Dallas for him wasn't about winning a Cup if he wanted to win a cup he would sign w a favorite.. 4.5 mil at 55 anyone would take ..Yes this is a great signing for Dallas and will bring media attention , but after the first two lines it's pretty thin as well as your D .. Im sure Joe isn't done but the die hard Dallas fans have to be somewhat scratching their heads about not only signing another 40+ year old but relying on them to be their offense ..
You don't say!

Thanks for ruining my dreams for a 3-peat.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Huddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
Not really, we understand the plan pretty well. And we've explained it 100 times, but people don't read before they post.
Explained what ? Look I'm coming in here to get a decent prospective on this signing. What I said is true . Dallas is going to rely heavily on two 40 year olds for majority of their offense .. I'm looking for that angle . Obviously you can't give me that perspective based on your reply . Apprecite your time bud

Old
07-03-2012, 06:07 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Explained what ? Look I'm coming in here to get a decent prospective on this signing. What I said is true . Dallas is going to rely heavily on two 40 year olds for majority of their offense .. I'm looking for that angle . Obviously you can't give me that perspective based on your reply . Apprecite your time bud
I believe we're bringing back Zubov and Lindros, so make that four 40 year olds.

"majority of their offense" . Obviously Eriksson, Benn, and Ryder don't exist at all.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Huddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
I believe we're bringing back Zubov and Lindros, so make that four 40 year olds.

"majority of their offense" . Obviously Eriksson, Benn, and Ryder don't exist at all.
Never said they didnt exist but if you look at quotes based on the Whitney signing and obviously throwing 4.5 at jagr must mean something !!! Last on PP last year hmmm?!? :Facepalm:

Good signing like I stated from the beginning Enjoy the season kids

Old
07-03-2012, 06:13 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
No problem, I appreciate you actually taking the effort to educate yourself about us. Most people don't.

Dallas is in a transition. We had an older core of leaders such as Morrow, Robidas, Riberio, Ott, etc that Joe gave the benefit of the doubt for 3 years in a row. The past 3 years we've been in playoff spots at the deadline, and Joe resisted trading any of them (despite taking significant offers) in faith that they'd lead us back to the post-season. All 3 years that core dropped the ball in the last few weeks of the season and failed. After this past season of losing the last 5 games of the season, our new owner Gaglardi and GM Joe said there was going to be some changes to the leadership.

The problem is our best prospects still need a year or two in the AHl. We have a good up and coming core of Nemeth, Glennie, Fraser, Oleksiak, Campbell, Dillon, R. Smith, etc. But they're not ready to make the jump, and doing so would set this franchise back years by rushing them before their ready.

So what Niewy's plan is to use 1-2 year veteran stopgaps to rebuild but stay competitive this year. We're rebuilding and focused on letting our prospects develop, but we've SIGNIFICANTLY upgraded our top 6 this year, all to short term contracts that won't block our kids from moving up when they're ready.

Not to mention this brings in some star power to bring fans in the building during a rebuilding year. Dallas already has had attendance issues, and a full "burn it down" year would really hurt the PR work our new owner has done to get people back in the buliding. Marketing guys like Jagr and Whitney will help keep fans interested while we rebuild.

Jagr is a perfect fit with all our young Czech forwards too.

Hope this helps.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Dirty Kari

Quote:
Well it doesn't help that your "angle" is factually wrong. Basically the Stars don't want to commit long term to the FA's on the market this summer. Whitney and Jagr are just stop gaps. I don't think the plan is to compete for the cup here.

Dirty Kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Troy McClure

Quote:
It's like this.

Step one: realize the offense you have isn't getting it done.
Step two: realize the players in your system won't be able to provide the offense for a couple of seasons at the earliest
Step three: have Parise turn you down
Step four: realize the 40 year old are better offensive options than any of the younger free agents

Troy McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:19 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Never said they didnt exist but if you look at quotes based on the Whitney signing and obviously throwing 4.5 at jagr must mean something !!! Last on PP last year hmmm?!? :Facepalm:

Good signing like I stated from the beginning Enjoy the season kids
You're going to rely on QUOTES from fans on a message board for facts and start crap here in the guise of "looking for an angle?" Really? So, if a bunch of people say Ott was the reason the PP was any good or that he's an offensive juggernaut, you'd believe that too? Wow!

Your angle, like Kari said, is morbidly twisted.

BTW, that bolded part: the statement and the (failed) smiley don't exactly segue into one another

Last edited by piqued: 07-03-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old
07-03-2012, 06:24 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

The hockey world is shocked. Great signing though, just thought he'd be heading to a team like the Rangers.

GK is offline   Reply With Quote