HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Free Agency Part V: Y u no frenzy?!?!?! (Suter and Parise sign with Wild)

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Staal, Girardi, Mcdonagh, Del Zotto, Bickel (7th guy) are all signed. I would assume from reports that Stralman will be back (or wants to at least), so that only leaves one spot for a Dman. Not to mention the likes of Erixon, Mcilrath coming soon.
"Coming soon" doesnt do it for me anymore. People were saying the same thing about Erixon and McIlrath last year. Erixon made a cameo but it was painfully obvious he needed to get stronger.

The team is officially a contender now, I'd be happy with a Stralman signing + another depth signing to sure up the D.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:24 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Well, this is getting back to the whole summer argument.

We're talking about a drastic face lift to the team by removing 5 players (Dubinsky, Anisimov, Prust, Mitchell, Fedotenko) and bringing in 5 different ones (Nash, UFA, Pyatt, Asham, Haley/young player). It's a huge risk to put on a team that's biggest strength last season was it's chemistry.
I completely agree. But the way i look at it is this...Sather has been considering Nash for awhile. If we make the deal were gona lose two roster players right there. We already lost Prust and Mitchel. Good chance we see Feds go. So its not a scenario that has come out of nowhere, you know. By the same token as much as I love Prust and Feds they can be replaced. These guys are profressionals. They know they fell short in the playoffs. They have a great chance to go further. But they need to improve and it will be with new personnel unfortunately.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
"Coming soon" doesnt do it for me anymore. People were saying the same thing about Erixon and McIlrath last year. Erixon made a cameo but it was painfully obvious he needed to get stronger.

The team is officially a contender now, I'd be happy with a Stralman signing + another depth signing to sure up the D.
Yeah, but I'm saying a 6th dman is not really a concern for me. I think we'll be able to find one of those..

Old
07-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I completely agree. But the way i look at it is this...Sather has been considering Nash for awhile. If we make the deal were gona lose two roster players right there. We already lost Prust and Mitchel. Good chance we see Feds go. So its not a scenario that has come out of nowhere, you know. By the same token as much as I love Prust and Feds they can be replaced. These guys are profressionals. They know they fell short in the playoffs. They have a great chance to go further. But they need to improve and it will be with new personnel unfortunately.
The only difference is that Dubinsky and Anisimov (or Hagelin, if you want to throw him in the mix) are both more important players to the team than Prust and Feds.

Honestly, I don't think Sather ups his offer to begin with.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
If the two roster players are Dubinsky and Hagelin, you have to think long and hard about it.

I'd rather trade Anisimov, but I worry about the center depth. I think Richards/Stepan/Anisimov/Boyle would be fine.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Yeah, but I'm saying a 6th dman is not really a concern for me. I think we'll be able to find one of those..
It is for me. Im not too keen on the idea of another season where Torts is forced to abuse the top 4 with minutes.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:29 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
The only difference is that Dubinsky and Anisimov (or Hagelin, if you want to throw him in the mix) are both more important players to the team than Prust and Feds.

Honestly, I don't think Sather ups his offer to begin with.
Well I really hope its not Hagelin. I'll be pissed. He adds a different dynamic. He cant be replaced in free agency imo.

I really believe Dubi and AA can be.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Well I really hope its not Hagelin. I'll be pissed. He adds a different dynamic. He cant be replaced in free agency imo.

my thoughts are Hagelin should be on the 3rd line and then lets say Dubinsky Centres that line, will Ansimov be ok on RW?

If they sign Semin I say keep Dubi and AA and that is a pretty nice 3rd line.

Old
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
If the two roster players are Dubinsky and Hagelin, you have to think long and hard about it.

I'd rather trade Anisimov, but I worry about the center depth. I think Richards/Stepan/Anisimov/Boyle would be fine.
I think we can find a 3C through trade. I know its a long shot but maybe Miller pushes his way on. Has Doan on his wing to mentor him

Old
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
my thoughts are Hagelin should be on the 3rd line and then lets say Dubinsky Centres that line, will Ansimov be ok on RW?

If they sign Semin I say keep Dubi and AA and that is a pretty nice 3rd line.
I'm okay with that as a secondary plan.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Vitto79

Quote:

they very well could bring in a Dman but if they do and Sauer is healthy, yea big IF I know. But IF what then?

McD, Staal, Erixon
Girardi, DZ, Sauer, Stralman, Bickel

btw yes DZ on the Right side. Unless Sauer is healthy then give him the top 4 spot.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:33 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Nash-Richards-Gaborik
Kreider-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-UFA/Prospect-Doan/Semin
Rupp/Asham-Boyle-Pyatt
**** the cap we're New York.

Old
OverTheCap

Quote:
Staal, Girardi, Mcdonagh, Del Zotto, Bickel (7th guy) are all signed. I would assume from reports that Stralman will be back (or wants to at least), so that only leaves one spot for a Dman. Not to mention the likes of Erixon, Mcilrath coming soon.
There's still not enough depth there in case someone goes down with injury or Erixon needs more time in Hartford. They need to find a defenseman who is capable of logging around 14-15 minutes a game so we are not stuck with guys like Bickel playing 5 minutes a game in the playoffs.

Old
HankTheTankYoLo

vCash: 50
Sign Semin now! if he dont work we can trade him, he can fetch us something.

Trade Dubi for some nice thing

Semin - Richards - Gabby
Kreider - Stepan - Cally
Hags - Anisimov - ?/UFA
Asham/Rupp - Boyle - Pyatt
Haely

Old
07-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
I think we can find a 3C through trade. I know its a long shot but maybe Miller pushes his way on. Has Doan on his wing to mentor him
Ill be the first to admit its total guesswork on my part, but I think Hagelin played a bit over his head during the season. Hes very fast, and well-schooled, but I can see him settling in as a 3rd line winger...I think too many people are giving him the benefit of the doubt with top 6 upside, and I dont see it in the longterm.

I think Anisimov is soft and he frustrated me to no end, but a solid 2-way 3rd line center is more valuable than a similar winger.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:34 PM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

It would suck to lose Hagelin, but if it's what is needed to get Nash here for the next 6 years, you have to do it. Nash is a bonafide 1st liner. Hagelin will probably peak as a 2nd liner.

I doubt Hagelin is what is holding up any potential deal anyway.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
they very well could bring in a Dman but if they do and Sauer is healthy, yea big IF I know. But IF what then?

McD, Staal, Erixon
Girardi, DZ, Sauer, Stralman, Bickel

btw yes DZ on the Right side. Unless Sauer is healthy then give him the top 4 spot.
You pose that scenario as if its a problem. Its a problem I'd LOVE to have.

It also looks like an extraordinarily unlikely scenario.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:

They can be replaced on paper. I have concerns that their replacement on the ice is going to be an improvement.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by frolundasweden View Post
Sign Semin now! if he dont work we can trade him, he can fetch us something.

Trade Dubi for some nice thing

Semin - Richards - Gabby
Kreider - Stepan - Cally
Hags - Anisimov - ?/UFA
Asham/Rupp - Boyle - Pyatt
Haely
I'd love to hear what people think the going rate for Semin is in this market.

Ill tell you right now, you're not going to get him on a 2 year deal.

Zach Parise and Ryan Suter are going to make more than $90M for crying out loud.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:38 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
By the way, I think we trade for Nash too. I just don't see two roster forwards going the other way.
I disagree...I think two of Dubinsky, AA or Hagelin are headed in the deal for Nash. Add in Thomas and a #1, and I think Howson finally caves. That's more than Shero got for Staal which most of the hockey media are starting to wake up and see should be the price for a player like Nash. Both players had a minimized market, and, while Nash is the better goal scorer, he has the higher cap hit and longer contract. Once Parise signs, and Howson sees that Sather isn't going to drop his price, and nobody else is going to give up the "pie-in-the-sky" deal he wants, and that Nash hasn't relented on the list of teams to which he'll accept a deal, the deal gets done. Dreger and Nash heckling Portzline on Twitter brought it home for me.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
They can be replaced on paper. I have concerns that their replacement on the ice is going to be an improvement.
Not being redundant would be a start, then we'll see about the improvement part.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:41 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Ill be the first to admit its total guesswork on my part, but I think Hagelin played a bit over his head during the season. Hes very fast, and well-schooled, but I can see him settling in as a 3rd line winger...I think too many people are giving him the benefit of the doubt with top 6 upside, and I dont see it in the longterm.

I think Anisimov is soft and he frustrated me to no end, but a solid 2-way 3rd line center is more valuable than a similar winger.
I know people ***** about the cap hit, but, I'm more willing to part with Anisimov and Hagelin than Dubinsky in a deal for Nash.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Here's a random thought:

If two roster forwards are really going the other way, maybe one of them is Boyle? The guy certainly shouldn't be a 3rd liner on our team, or any contending team, but he's definitely one in Columbus.

(I'm not advocating this, just a thought I'm throwing out there)

Old
07-03-2012, 06:44 PM
kovazub94

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Hagelin Richards Gaborik
Kreider Stepan Doan
Dubinsky Anisimov Callahan
Asham Boyle Pyatt

Would be nice.
Perfect scenario, sign me up - unfortunately I see way less than 50% chance that Doan is not with Phoenix next season. Who'd be your alternative to substitute for Doan?

Old
07-03-2012, 06:45 PM
beastly115

Parise is the worst FA ever. Didn't anyone explain to that kid how free agency works?

Closed Thread