HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NBA Off-Season Thread: There's a new team in town

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2012, 07:39 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Who did the Knicks get in the first round of the draft? Didn't hear anything mentioned about it. Considering it's the knicks they probably traded it away for a player with a heart defect...oh wait, that was a couple years ago. lol What an inept organization.

Old
07-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Who did the Knicks get in the first round of the draft? Didn't hear anything mentioned about it. Considering it's the knicks they probably traded it away for a player with a heart defect...oh wait, that was a couple years ago. lol What an inept organization.
They didn't have a first round pick. They also don't have a pick for 2014. Due to the Tracy McGrady deal.

Old
07-03-2012, 07:44 PM
RegalRangers

vCash: 783
To all the casual knicks fans hopping over to the Nets bandwagon, fare thee well. Enjoy that bandwagon fanbase. I'll be keeping my loyalties with the Knicks in the Mecca of basketball with all the other real new york fans. But hey, if you love that new Nets logo, go right ahead.

Old
07-03-2012, 07:52 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
When do the Knicks have a first round pick next? Serious question, seems like they've traded away every first round pick in the past decade.

07-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
When do the Knicks have a first round pick next? Serious question, seems like they've traded away every first round pick in the past decade.
Last year, 2008, and 2007.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:00 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Actually looking up their picks, seems like they haven't traded that many. Seemed like it was every other year lol

Old
07-03-2012, 08:00 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalRangers View Post
To all the casual knicks fans hopping over to the Nets bandwagon, fare thee well. Enjoy that bandwagon fanbase. I'll be keeping my loyalties with the Knicks in the Mecca of basketball with all the other real new york fans. But hey, if you love that new Nets logo, go right ahead.
Embarrassing isn't it? lol

Old
07-03-2012, 08:34 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Fields had an average year this year, and I'm being generous. Up and down defensively and up and down offensively. His jumper is flat. His foul shooting was even worse.

No way is he worth the money Toronto gave him. It's a strategic move that does nothing for them in the East. Fields or no Fields, they're a bottom feeder in a weak conference.

Lin coming back is up in the air, but there's talk that the Argentine Pablo Prigoni wants to come to the Knicks. Don't count out Sessions as well, who the Knicks have had interest in for a while.

Lin, Prigoni, Sessions, Felton.....one will be a Knick within a few weeks.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:39 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Fields had an average year this year, and I'm being generous. Up and down defensively and up and down offensively. His jumper is flat. His foul shooting was even worse.

No way is he worth the money Toronto gave him. It's a strategic move that does nothing for them in the East. Fields or no Fields, they're a bottom feeder in a weak conference.

Lin coming back is up in the air, but there's talk that the Argentine Pablo Prigoni wants to come to the Knicks. Don't count out Sessions as well, who the Knicks have had interest in for a while.

Knicks will not match. But it's possible that Suns want him for that and that will work in the sign and trade for Nash.

Not likely though.

Also I love Prigoni and brining Felton back. Sessions won't come for the money Knicks are offering.

Last edited by BigDaddyNYR: 07-03-2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Last piece
Old
07-03-2012, 08:40 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LundqvistFTW View Post
They didn't have a first round pick. They also don't have a pick for 2014. Due to the Tracy McGrady deal.
Hilarious. Their management isn't inept...they are criminals.

My friend said this franchise won't win a championship in our lifetimes. I argued that things can change fairly quickly, particularly for an NBA team where a few good picks can turn a franchise around. But even so, I do wonder if this team will ever be that good.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:42 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

The Knicks can terminate Melo and/or Amare after next season.

CPIII just turned down the Clippers three-year extension.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:43 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

Quote:
Hilarious. Their management isn't inept...they are criminals.

My friend said this franchise won't win a championship in our lifetimes. I argued that things can change fairly quickly, particularly for an NBA team where a few good picks can turn a franchise around. But even so, I do wonder if this team will ever be that good.
If the Knicks get Nash in the sign and trade. This team could definitely win championship.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:44 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

Quote:

Terminate Melo? What? What gives you that impression?

Old
07-03-2012, 08:45 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyNYR View Post
Knicks will not match. But it's possible that Suns want him for that and that will work in the sign and trade for Nash.

Not likely though.

Also I love Prigoni and brining Felton back. Sessions won't come for the money Knicks are offering.
Fields just doesnt fit here. He struggled in the beginning of the year under Dantoni but that's probably a result of the lockout and a sophomore slump. Under Woodson he was nothing special.

Fields is probably another guy in a long list of Knicks who will succeed elsewhere but never reach his potential in a plave like NYC or under a coach like Woodson.

Felton is another guy who flourished under Dantoni but was garbage in the 1/2 court game in Portland. He's not a bad option as a backup but a turnover machine..

Old
07-03-2012, 08:49 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:

Nobody wins in this situation except Landry. Toronto gets an albatross contract, even if they do get Nash, and still are an awful team. We can't sign and trade Landry for Nash. Landry gets paid, though, and is probably set for life.

I hope TO grabs Nash and amnesties Calderon. Lin-Calderon is nothing to laugh at and gives us good depth at PG.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:49 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

Quote:
Fields just doesnt fit here. He struggled in the beginning of the year under Dantoni but that's probably a result of the lockout and a sophomore slump. Under Woodson he was nothing special.

Fields is probably another guy in a long list of Knicks who will succeed elsewhere but never reach his potential in a plave like NYC or under a coach like Woodson.

Felton is another guy who flourished under Dantoni but was garbage in the 1/2 court game in Portland. He's not a bad option as a backup but a turnover machine..
Fields struggled once Melo came here. But a lot of it was because of him missing wide open shots this year.

Landry could have averaged 12-15 Ppg under woodson if he hit those shots when Melo Was doubled team or when Melo or JR or Lin drove draw a lot of attention and hit the open 3.

Yeah. Felton struggled this year. But on a bad team who could have given a **** in the 2nd half. He would be perfect as a backup and Prigoni as an option.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:50 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Fields struggled once Melo came here. But a lot of it was because of him missing wide open shots this year.

Landry could have averaged 12-15 Ppg under woodson if he hit those shots when Melo Was doubled team or when Melo or JR or Lin drove draw a lot of attention and hit the open 3.

Yeah. Felton struggled this year. But on a bad team who could have given a **** in the 2nd half. He would be perfect as a backup and Prigoni as an option.
RayRay apparently got really out of shape in Atlanta, and he was already a doughy dude to begin with.

I like Ray, but I don't know how good he'd be with Woodson.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:50 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Terminate Melo? What? What gives you that impression?
The Knicks have the option to terminate either one. Of course, they probably wont, but if the team hits the skids next season and doesnt improve, one of Amare or Melo will be gone.

IMO the Knicks are still a good team. They ran into a bulldozer in the playoffs.

Going into next season, you have to figure a healthy Melo, a healthy Stat and a healthy Chandler, with solid role players in Novak, Smith, and Shumpert as of now makes them a playoff team at worst.

Re-upping Lin, adding another vet PG, a backup for Chandler and a guy like Shawne Williams (who had his best season as Knick) to replace Fields makes them a legit contender for the 3rd seed.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:52 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

Quote:
The Knicks have the option to terminate either one. Of course, they probably wont, but if the team hits the skids next season and doesnt improve, one of Amare or Melo will be gone.

IMO the Knicks are still a good team. They ran into a bulldozer in the playoffs.

Going into next season, you have to figure a healthy Melo, a healthy Stat and a healthy Chandler, with solid role players in Novak, Smith, and Shumpert as of now makes them a playoff team at worst.

Re-upping Lin, adding another vet PG, a backup for Chandler and a guy like Shawne Williams (who had his best season as Knick) to replace Fields makes them a legit contender for the 3rd seed.
Yeah I agree.

Melo will not be terminated. But Amare is another discussion if he doesn't improve.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:59 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Yeah I agree.

Melo will not be terminated. But Amare is another discussion if he doesn't improve.
Like Gaborik in 2011, I'll give Amare a chance to redeem himself. He was out of shape and injured last season, like a lot of players because of the lockout.

Amare was one of the most dominant scorers in the league in 2010. You saw signs of him coming around really late last season.

Fire extinguisher incident notwithstanding, he wasnt that bad in the playoffs, and Miami was the best defensive team in the league in Miami.

I see 20-10 for Amare next season. Maybe more.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:02 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

Quote:
Like Gaborik in 2011, I'll give Amare a chance to redeem himself. He was out of shape and injured last season, like a lot of players because of the lockout.

Amare was one of the most dominant scorers in the league in 2010. You saw signs of him coming around really late last season.

Fire extinguisher incident notwithstanding, he wasnt that bad in the playoffs, and Miami was the best defensive team in the league in Miami.

I see 20-10 for Amare next season. Maybe more.
Yes u believe in Amare.

If he gets his jump shot back. And his work with Olijuwan pays off down low. I could see a 22-25 Ppg and 8-10 RPGs

Old
07-03-2012, 09:03 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I think Amar'e is done. His body is giving out on him. That first half of 2010-2011 was really fun to watch though.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:09 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I think Amar'e is done. His body is giving out on him. That first half of 2010-2011 was really fun to watch though.
Very valid point. Can't argue that

Old
07-03-2012, 09:18 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:

There are rumors he still wants to come to the Knicks.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:29 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
There are rumors he still wants to come to the Knicks.
Yeah. Remember when he was at Melos wedding and they made that toast about them playing together in NY together.

Closed Thread