HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers sign Taylor Pyatt (2 years @ $1.55 million per)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2012, 06:25 PM
  #176
kovazub94
Registered User
 
kovazub94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 663
vCash: 500
Another responsible signing by Sather in light of all UFA craziness this year which...
scares a hell out of me because it might mean that he's making a room to absorb a large contract.

Hope not but I can't see the Rangers not having a payroll close to the top. if that's the case then again hoping that we don't trade away much, rather sign a top 6 UFA to a short but sweet deal.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:28 PM
  #177
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
What i think...is there is a trade up and coming and dubi or aa is involved...signing doesnt impress me but not dissapointed..why not just give his position to a kid in CT......

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:30 PM
  #178
Vidic15
Registered User
 
Vidic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Romania
Posts: 899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
What i think...is there is a trade up and coming and dubi or aa is involved...signing doesnt impress me but not dissapointed..why not just give his position to a kid in CT......
They have to earn it first.

Vidic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:30 PM
  #179
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Uh, you're wrong.
Yeah, we'll be lucky to get 5 goals outta Mitchell. Pyatt has had double digits twice in the last 3 years. Thats very solid for a 4th line player making 1.55m

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:31 PM
  #180
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
He was noticeable in like 4 games all season. He was awful.

We don't need vet leadership for 1.5 mil that does nothing else, especially when our young core has been to the ECF now.

He's not going to get traded, but I wish we never signed him.
I agree he was terrible. But, he was banged up for much of the season...so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. Looking for much more from him this time around. Hopefully he can double his goal scoring (is 8 too much to ask?) and contribute more in general.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:37 PM
  #181
NYRFAN218
Brass God
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,455
vCash: 500
I actually thought Rupp played pretty well in the playoffs. He didn't have the points to show for it but he was very noticeable. Was definitely slow though and I attribute that to the knee issues I had so hopefully he's a little quicker next year. Just sucks that his cap hit is so high.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:37 PM
  #182
Cmox
Registered User
 
Cmox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Queens,NY
Posts: 4,182
vCash: 500
Mitchell's replacement ?

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:39 PM
  #183
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 17,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I actually thought Rupp played pretty well in the playoffs. He didn't have the points to show for it but he was very noticeable. Was definitely slow though and I attribute that to the knee issues I had so hopefully he's a little quicker next year. Just sucks that his cap hit is so high.
He had a few good shifts but I thought he was a non-factor throughout most of it. He has to have a good season this year or it was an awful contract.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:40 PM
  #184
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
IMO, this makes Hagelin very available for a deal for Nash.
Really? Hagelin had more points in less games than Pyatt had in his best year in the NHL. Plus, there's the fact that Hagelin has something very few players have--incredible speed. Yes, he didn't produce much at the end of the regular season and the playoffs, but he gave the team an incredible bounce when he was added to the lineup. Hagelin's best days are ahead him, Pyatt is turnnig 31 next month and is 4 years removed from his best season statistically. He doesn't play on the power play regularly (if at all) and doesn't appear to play on the penalty kill. He's a bottom 6 player who on some nights will get less than 10 minutes a game. There's nothing wrong with the signing, but Pyatt doesn't in any way replace what Hagelin can bring to the lineup. Hagelin may get traded for Nash, but it's not because Pyatt got signed.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:47 PM
  #185
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 12,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Really? Hagelin had more points in less games than Pyatt had in his best year in the NHL. Plus, there's the fact that Hagelin has something very few players have--incredible speed. Yes, he didn't produce much at the end of the regular season and the playoffs, but he gave the team an incredible bounce when he was added to the lineup. Hagelin's best days are ahead him, Pyatt is turnnig 31 next month and is 4 years removed from his best season statistically. He doesn't play on the power play regularly (if at all) and doesn't appear to play on the penalty kill. He's a bottom 6 player who on some nights will get less than 10 minutes a game. There's nothing wrong with the signing, but Pyatt doesn't in any way replace what Hagelin can bring to the lineup. Hagelin may get traded for Nash, but it's not because Pyatt got signed.

Is Pyatt directly replacing Hagelin? Probably not, but, Hagelin's a likely bottom six player, and the Pyatt just added additional depth to the bottom six. If the price is two roster players not named Callahan, Richards, Kreider or Stepan, you just added depth to make Hagelin available. Again, Hagelin shouldn't be a hold up on a deal for Nash.

I agree with a few other poster who believe that Miller has been made off limits in light of his development camp performance. I also believe the organization believes that Hagelin can be replaced internally in the coming years.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:50 PM
  #186
NYRFAN218
Brass God
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
He had a few good shifts but I thought he was a non-factor throughout most of it. He has to have a good season this year or it was an awful contract.
He did a good job protecting the puck down low but the speed was what was killing him. He definitely has to have a better regular season though. Outside of the Winter Classic and beating down Kopecky, he was awful.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:13 PM
  #187
XLJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,297
vCash: 500
Hopefully, he is on our 4th line. Pyatt-Boyle-Asham should be our 4th line. Make Rupp a healthy scratch. Sign Mueller to play on the 3rd line. Thats how we could improve our team depth.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:16 PM
  #188
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,026
vCash: 500
Nice pickup. Would have liked him last deadline. He's tough along the boards.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:18 PM
  #189
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,604
vCash: 500
I posted this on the Prust thread....before the 7/1


Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare
Agreed, love Prust....want him back in the worst way but I am not paying him more than 1.8, he will get 2.3 from someone!

List of guys I like to replace him:

Konokopa for faceoff's and fighting.

Brad Staubitz...could be had for cheap and is a pretty good fighter..rangers need a new sheriff and he is a bigger version of Prust...might be my top choice as of now.

Jordan Tootoo...he had 30 points this year and you know Trotz taught him how to play.

Taylor Pyatt...can score some points.

Maybe Asham for a year.

Rosehill...he is a meat head but maybe u sign him to a 2 way deal.

Like Tanner Glass a lot.

More obscure names.


Rob Klinkhammer maybe worth a shot...big boy and I thought the game he played against the Rangers at the end of the season...he looked like a battering ram.

Burish, Dowell from Stars.

Crazy as it might sound, Michael Haley, hope is that Tort's could turn him into a player...he sure can fight.
Guillaume Desbiens...good size plays with an edge.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:18 PM
  #190
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,380
vCash: 500
good, responsible depth adder. I like it.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:19 PM
  #191
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,020
vCash: 500
is he the 3rd player to skate for all three NY teams? I think I recallthat fact from Sam and JD when we got Lafontaine (I think they said he was only the 2nd to do so).

n8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:19 PM
  #192
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 17,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
I posted this on the Prust thread....before the 7/1


Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare
Agreed, love Prust....want him back in the worst way but I am not paying him more than 1.8, he will get 2.3 from someone!

List of guys I like to replace him:

Konokopa for faceoff's and fighting.

Brad Staubitz...could be had for cheap and is a pretty good fighter..rangers need a new sheriff and he is a bigger version of Prust...might be my top choice as of now.

Jordan Tootoo...he had 30 points this year and you know Trotz taught him how to play.

Taylor Pyatt...can score some points.

Maybe Asham for a year.

Rosehill...he is a meat head but maybe u sign him to a 2 way deal.

Like Tanner Glass a lot.

More obscure names.


Rob Klinkhammer maybe worth a shot...big boy and I thought the game he played against the Rangers at the end of the season...he looked like a battering ram.

Burish, Dowell from Stars.

Crazy as it might sound, Michael Haley, hope is that Tort's could turn him into a player...he sure can fight.
Guillaume Desbiens...good size plays with an edge.
Are you trying to tell us...you're a wizard?

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:20 PM
  #193
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
I posted this on the Prust thread....before the 7/1


Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare
Agreed, love Prust....want him back in the worst way but I am not paying him more than 1.8, he will get 2.3 from someone!

List of guys I like to replace him:

Konokopa for faceoff's and fighting.

Brad Staubitz...could be had for cheap and is a pretty good fighter..rangers need a new sheriff and he is a bigger version of Prust...might be my top choice as of now.

Jordan Tootoo...he had 30 points this year and you know Trotz taught him how to play.

Taylor Pyatt...can score some points.

Maybe Asham for a year.

Rosehill...he is a meat head but maybe u sign him to a 2 way deal.

Like Tanner Glass a lot.

More obscure names.


Rob Klinkhammer maybe worth a shot...big boy and I thought the game he played against the Rangers at the end of the season...he looked like a battering ram.

Burish, Dowell from Stars.

Crazy as it might sound, Michael Haley, hope is that Tort's could turn him into a player...he sure can fight.
Guillaume Desbiens...good size plays with an edge.
you must feel like a kid in a candy store then.

n8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:22 PM
  #194
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,330
vCash: 500
Awards:
Good move. Player that fits our system well, reasonable price.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:23 PM
  #195
Vin2112
Registered User
 
Vin2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
Signing Pyatt means Hagelin will be dealt? More likely it just means we've seen the last of Ruslan Fedotenko in a Ranger uniform.

Vin2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:24 PM
  #196
Orr Nightmare
Registered User
 
Orr Nightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,604
vCash: 500
I watchd almost the entire Yotes-Kings series and Pyatt was one of the more effective players for the Yotes...he was one of the few guys on their team who could handle the Kings size.

The Devils 4th line utterly dominated us in that series.

This is a great signing!

3rd line - Boyle - AA - Pyatt....brings a lot of meat to the table.

4th line - Asham-Rupp-Haley...brings a lot of knuckles to the table.

The perfect balance.

Our bottom six needed to be redone and bravo to Slats and Torts.

Out go Prust, love the guy but for his price....I don't mind him leaving.

Mitchell sucked balls.

Feds best days are behind him.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:27 PM
  #197
bobbop
Henrik's Pop
 
bobbop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Suburban Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 4,718
vCash: 500
I think Hagelin has been available for a deal all along. Like the kid a lot and think he'll be a solid NHL player for many years but if you want to bring back a high end LW like Nash or Ryan, he's got to be a primary piece. Trade target and Kreider will be the top two LWs next year. He's the one young, cheap proven NHL piece the Rangers can sacrafice without digging another hole. You can't declare the whole team off limits and then hope to make a major trade. I still think Anisimov+Hagelin+#1 pick for Ryan is the best and most logical trade out there. Gives Anaheim plenty of assets to go find a center if they don't like Artie in the middle.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:35 PM
  #198
NYR94
Registered User
 
NYR94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,536
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Mitchell and probably feds out, Arron a and Taylor in.

NYR94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:35 PM
  #199
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 12,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I think Hagelin has been available for a deal all along. Like the kid a lot and think he'll be a solid NHL player for many years but if you want to bring back a high end LW like Nash or Ryan, he's got to be a primary piece. Trade target and Kreider will be the top two LWs next year. He's the one young, cheap proven NHL piece the Rangers can sacrafice without digging another hole. You can't declare the whole team off limits and then hope to make a major trade. I still think Anisimov+Hagelin+#1 pick for Ryan is the best and most logical trade out there. Gives Anaheim plenty of assets to go find a center if they don't like Artie in the middle.
Agreed, that's been my sentiment all along. This organization has the depth to make Hagelin available in the right deal. However, in spite of Howson's behavior, I think Nash ends up costing less in a deal, mainly because he has a limited market due to the NMC. I think that, yes, the Parise watch is holding things up, only because Howson thinks Sather will suddenly meet his price if Parise goes to Pittsburgh, which I think has no bearing on what the Rangers will do. Once that signing takes place, and Howson doesn't get the offers he thinks he will if Parise is off the market, he'll start to realize his only choices are keeping Nash or dealing him to the Rangers or Sharks. I think the chatter on twitter by Dreger and Mirtle, and McGuire's comment that Howson needs to look at the Staal deal as a template, as well as Portzline tweeting that McDonagh, Kreider and Stepan don't have to be in the deal, makes me think that the media is starting to get tired of Howson and his demands.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:38 PM
  #200
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 15,809
vCash: 500
Asham and Pyatt for the same price as Prust. Diggin it.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.