HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thanks Ray! -- and farewell

Old
07-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

vCash: 466
The one goal I will always remember Whitney scoring the most during his time here.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:27 PM
drgregg
millenials get off

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
Brendan Shinnimin is 21. Andy Miele is 24. Both are far more developed than Turris and Boedker were when Gretzky threw them to the wolves. They also won't make the team unless Tippett thinks they can contribute, and they won't see minutes unless they actually do contribute. And when they do see minutes, they'll be easy ones.
Agreed. The competency of the two coaching staffs are oceans apart. Also, there is an awful lot of off-season still to go. Our opening night roster is still to be revealed.

drgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Kaizen

Whitney gave Tippett a bit of a plug in one of the interviews I heard. It's always nice to see players advocate for a coach, even if it is on the way out the door.

Kaizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 12:03 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

The more I think about it, the more I understand why there is just no way in hell we couldve budgeted 4.5 million dollars for Ray Whitney in the 2013-2014 season. That will be the first year of Mike Smith's next contract. Same for OEL and Boedker. All three could be making more than three million bucks that year. That is if they perform next season as we all pray they will.

07-03-2012, 01:34 PM

RT, now I think you are starting to come to the conclusions that I had when I was saying that we could not re-sign Ray to a deal like this. I'm not always very good at getting my point across, but now I see you are waiving the flag to go and sign Sullivan too, who I had pointed out as a cheaper comparable to Ray.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 01:48 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
RT, now I think you are starting to come to the conclusions that I had when I was saying that we could not re-sign Ray to a deal like this. I'm not always very good at getting my point across, but now I see you are waiving the flag to go and sign Sullivan too, who I had pointed out as a cheaper comparable to Ray.
A huge downgrade. And tremendously cheaper for a reason. But yeah, it hadnt occured to me that a new guy like smith and young guys like OEL and Boedker were already up for new deals.

You were right.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Also, take a look at the money a guy like Gaustad is getting. I would like to keep Gordon on board because I think he's one of the best in the league at his role and he's on his last year too.

Michael Stone and Schlemko are both RFAs after this year. I think it's very likely #6 is one of the two. I don't think either will get a huge payday, but I also thought we lived in a world where Garrison doesn't get 6 years.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
You were right.
I wouldn't go that far!

It just illustrates the point to me that often times we are on the same page but still find a way to disagree with each other. It's the challenge of limited conversation via online like this.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:43 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Looks like GMDM did offer Whitney a two-year deal, but the money wasn't what he was looking for. http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyo...x-coyotes.html

Hurts to see the Wizard leave, but it is a business. Glad to have had him wear the #13 for two years as a Yote. Thanks for the memories!

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 08:15 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Makes me feel better that they at least offered a heavily front loaded two year for less than nine million. That's what I'd have offered. Something like 4 in year one and 2.5 in year two.

Now, let's get a scaled down version of that to Steve Sullivan.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote