HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Ryan Suter

View Poll Results: Prediction: Where will Suter sign?
Nashville 16 35.56%
Detroit 14 31.11%
Minnesota 9 20.00%
Philly 0 0%
Pittsburgh 3 6.67%
Other 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
DRW beat writer said it was 13/90.

Preds need to match that. The guy plays a game that will allow him to be effective for quite a long time, and if everything inflates like we think it will, 6.9 will be a steal.
even up the price as well to 97.5

Old
07-03-2012, 03:47 PM
braindead

10 step plan to happiness

Step 1: Go 10x10 for Suter, Weber and Parise.
Step 2: Tell Metro the team is going to lose more than expected and renegotiate.
Step 3: Metro passes an ordinance to make it a crime to wear opposing jersey in downtown Nashville on game nights.
Step 4: Collect steep fines from DRW, SLB fans (and those 7 poor CBJ fans that haven't given up all hope).
Step 5: Metro turns over the bags of cash to the Sports Authority.
Step 6: S/A gives it to the Preds.
Step 7: Preds give it to the players.
Step 8: Multiple parades down Broadway.
Step 9: Hall of Fame ceremonies.
Step 10: DRW move to Hamilton and Jim Ball-silly can't afford a ticket to the games.

Old
07-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Kevin Allen ‏@kausatoday

No Suter decision today, says his agent, Neil Sheehy.
Sigh, just sign with Detroit already and let us all move on.

Old
07-03-2012, 04:20 PM
PredsFanFromla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
Sigh, just sign with Detroit already and let us all move on.

when he does,i am going to hide underground,so i won't have to go through the agonizing pain of seeing him in a wings jersey

still holding out that he decides to sign with us

Old
07-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsFanFromla View Post
when he does,i am going to hide underground,so i won't have to go through the agonizing pain of seeing him in a wings jersey

still holding out that he decides to sign with us
Anywhere but the Red Wings and I wouldn't really care that much. That being said, I fully expect him to go to the Wings.

Old
07-03-2012, 05:01 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Cooper is insinuating that Poile believes he'll get the right to match, and as such isn't negotiating aggressively, but Passive Poile may be wrong about that.

Old
07-03-2012, 05:02 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't want him going to Liarpold's team either but I have a bad feeling that's where he'll end up...

Old
07-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I don't want him going to Liarpold's team either but I have a bad feeling that's where he'll end up...
I would like that, if the Preds aren't good enough for him, let him waste his talents with the Wild, for an owner who has previously shown himself to be uncommitted and untruthful. Let him sign a 10 year NMC contract there and regret every minute of it.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:02 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Cooper is insinuating that Poile believes he'll get the right to match, and as such isn't negotiating aggressively, but Passive Poile may be wrong about that.
Yeah passive poile just made a "substantial offer" yesterday. And if poile feels he will have a chance to match its probably because he. Was told he would. I'm sorry but poile is making offers that would never have been dreamed of as little as 6 months ago... Sticking by the irrational labels that you cling to may make you feel like you have someone to blame if suter leaves but I believe if suter leaves there won't have been anything poile could have offered to make him stay.

Old
07-03-2012, 06:22 PM
PredsFanFromla

I got a plan to try to get suter to sign with nashville,How about we get thousands of preds fan together and fly to ryan suter's house in madison and hold a pep a rally to show suter that we want him to sign with nashville

not being serious

Old
07-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Biggun35
Bender

I haven't seen Flightaware.com mentioned this much since Saban came to Alabama.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:20 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Anyone else feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day?

Old
07-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Anyone else feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day?
I'm disconnecting tomorrow

Old
07-03-2012, 08:56 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
thats the true issue here, I believe... are Weber and Suter really buds? Some have suggested(opinion only) that Suter wants to be "out of Weber's shadow"

at this point Im not sure if the thought of playing with Weber the rest of his career is a plus or a minus for Ryan... would you be happy being "Robin" if in reality you were just as good as Batman but with a less flashy skillset?
They are buds. My night shift coworkers see them eating together at Noshville in the morning all the time. Someone texted me a few weeks ago saying he saw them together at the movie theater (without their wife/girlfriend: bromance!). They are definitely friends who spend quite a bit of time with each other off the ice.

I think the real question about Weber's influence is: how much does he like Nashville really? Maybe Weber isn't working hard to convince Suter to stay (unlike what Marty appears to be doing for Parise in NJ) because he's not really sure how he feels about Nashville himself. If Weber was committed to Nashville, it seems like we'd see a lot more effort from him as far as trying to convince Ryan to play here. I guess he could be doing that behind the scenes, who knows?

The debate of "ages of the franchise" is good...I like the mustard age and the gold age, ha! We're standing at a crossroads for a new age: either continue the gold age (maybe upgrade it to the Cup age) or begin the rebuilding age...

Old
07-03-2012, 09:30 PM
PredsFanFromla

Time for the preds to move on from ryan suter,he is signing with detroit or minn and the preds can't doing anything about it

Old
07-03-2012, 09:32 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsFanFromla View Post
Time for the preds to move on from ryan suter,he is signing with detroit or minn and the preds can't doing anything about it
With reports of Suter and Parise talking, I'm leaning towards Minny now. Regardless, I'm giving the Preds a 5% chance at this point.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:35 PM
AEM6729

Latest interesting tweets from Michael Russo (sorry I don't know how to officially paste in tweets):

Quote:
Parise tells @joshrimerhockey "I'd love to play on a team w Ryan Suter. To get an opp. to play with him would be great."

Parise tells @joshrimerhockey Suter and he have been talking, and I know for a fact they plan to speak tonight.

Hmmmmm. It would be hard for DRW to sign both, right? Minnesota has even less cap space than Detroit. How are they gonna make that work?

The only team that can sign both, with no creative roster tweaking, is us.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:39 PM
PredsFanFromla

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
With reports of Suter and Parise talking, I'm leaning towards Minny now. Regardless, I'm giving the Preds a 5% chance at this point.

i would probaly be able to deal with suter on the wild,but thinking about suter in a wings jersey makes me feel like throwing up

Old
07-03-2012, 09:40 PM
NoNecksCurse

guys, suter is not coming here. its not happening. way more money is on the table elsewhere. and closer to home.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:40 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Latest interesting tweets from Michael Russo (sorry I don't know how to officially paste in tweets):

Hmmmmm. It would be hard for DRW to sign both, right? Minnesota has even less cap space than Detroit. How are they gonna make that work?

The only team that can sign both, with no creative roster tweaking, is us.
It's been reported that Parise has a list of five teams and we're not one of them. Things could change, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Old
07-03-2012, 09:44 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Also, at this point in the summer, cap space doesn't mean a thing.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:07 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
guys, suter is not coming here. its not happening. way more money is on the table elsewhere. and closer to home.
I know he probably isn't, but...how do you know there's way more money on the table elsewhere?

Quote:
It's been reported that Parise has a list of five teams and we're not one of them. Things could change, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
All I know is that it's been confirmed by Poile that we put an offer in on Parise. It has also been confirmed by him that we have NOT been told that we're out of it. Meanwhile, other teams (like the Stars, according to their official Twitter feed) have been told by Parise's agent that he's going in a different direction.

He may or may not have a list of 5 teams that we may or may not be on...but the confirmed facts don't eliminate us.

I told y'all, the longer this drags on the more delusional and optimistic I get!

P.S.
I still want to know if Detroit or Minnesota plans on signing them both, how the eff are they going to make that work with their current cap situations? Both teams still have other roster holes to fill as well.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:10 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Also, at this point in the summer, cap space doesn't mean a thing.
It still seems kinda risky to go way over the cap when you can't just cut people like in football. You'd have to bank on your ability to trade some people after the fact, right? What happens if you can't?

Old
07-03-2012, 10:29 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
If suter and weber are really tight and suter and parise want to play togethern the only place that I can see parise, suter and weber on the same team is nashville.

Old
07-03-2012, 10:38 PM
obey86

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
I know he probably isn't, but...how do you know there's way more money on the table elsewhere?

All I know is that it's been confirmed by Poile that we put an offer in on Parise. It has also been confirmed by him that we have NOT been told that we're out of it. Meanwhile, other teams (like the Stars, according to their official Twitter feed) have been told by Parise's agent that he's going in a different direction.

He may or may not have a list of 5 teams that we may or may not be on...but the confirmed facts don't eliminate us.

I told y'all, the longer this drags on the more delusional and optimistic I get!

P.S.
I still want to know if Detroit or Minnesota plans on signing them both, how the eff are they going to make that work with their current cap situations? Both teams still have other roster holes to fill as well.
The Wings arent going to sign both players regardless..... but right now we have an overabundance of forwards. Some would get waived or traded if need be. Mostly 4th line replaceable fodder.

Last I heard this was our cap space:

24 million - 5 (estimated for RFAs Quincey and Abdelkader) - 1.5 (Gustavson) - 3 (Samuelsson) - 1.8 (Tootoo) = 12.7 million

We offered Suter 6.9 mil cap hit a year so that leaves 5.77.

Waive/trade a few forwards and you're right at the cap if you sign Parise.

Closed Thread