HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[TB] Sami Salo [2 years, $3.75M cap hit]

Old
07-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross View Post
Lots of talented young goalies in the pipeline is not a cause for concern.
Exactly. One thing this team has been lacking forever is good depth. Now we get it and people complain we have too much of it.

There's a reason Yzerman is signing people to these 1-2 year deals. He's promised to try to keep the current team as competitive as possible while building for the future. I'm sure the goal is that when these contracts expire we will have brought in better, younger guys or some of the kids will be ready to make the move to the NHL on a full-time basis.

The way some folks are reacting I had to check to make sure I hadn't misread this and it was actually a 12 year deal instead of only 2!

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 01:29 PM
CC321

vCash: 500
Tampa's AHL team won their championship this year, the ECHL team won their championship also. Before Yzerman,the Lightning's affiliates were perennial last place teams. I think he knows what it takes to make a winner. The Bolt's D was rebuilt last year and it is a bit too young at the moment, but if Salo can be solid and be a good mentor for a year or two it will work out well for us. Welcome to Tampa Sami.

CC321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 02:04 PM
YogiCanucks

vCash: 500
Massive overpayment but these days with stupid money going to stupid players the Lightning could have done much much worse. He's slowing down a lot and it seems to have capped his offensive game on the PP. But he's still so steady on the back end and still throws his body around a bit.

At this point in his career he's the type of guy you never worry about in the lineup other than injury concerns.

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 698
Well, I found this interesting:

Quote:
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames

#Redwings made 2 year offer to D Sami Salo Sunday but lost him to Tampa Bay. Wanted to add both Suter & Salo.
Retweeted by Erik Erlendsson

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote