HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you think the Habs need a legit heavyweight enforcer?

Old
07-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

vCash: 500
Staubitz made a big difference when he was in the line up, the team played much more physical and played with a spark.

We have a few **** disturbers, but no one to make the opponent think twice before taking a run at our best players for it. Guys like Lucic and Malone are free to go after Subban or Emelin and none of our guys are built to make them pay for it.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Forsead

Sign Brad Winchester, he will be cheap, can play some hockey and he is big and not a bad fighter at all.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Everyone seen the recent pic of BGL in top shape.I say bring him back .

BGL and Prust .

http://www.cjad.com/Blog/HabsNews/bl...tryID=10392039

Quote:
Georges Laraque is eyeing a comeback in the NHL.

"You never know, it could even be Montreal," said the former Hab. "Gainey's gone, Gauthier's gone." "It's a matter of going to the right team. I have no idea where it could be."
Quote:
I have a chance to change the way things ended," said Laraque. "I have something to prove."

Laraque says it was "awesome" playing for Michel Therrien as a member of the Pittsburgh Penguins.

"He will make sure that the little small Canadiens' team that was taken advantage of by clubs like the Bruins and the Flyers...that's not going to happen with him as the coach."

Last edited by Habaneros: 07-03-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Number 1 reason Habs need to bring back BGL

http://oilersnation.com/2012/6/28/la...lls-no-punches

Quote:
I told him to tell the team that Iím willing to play for minimum salary and that I donít care what my role will be; whether Iím playing every two games, every three games or whatever. Iím just trying to get a chance to finish my career on my own terms, not the way that my career ended in Montreal.

In Montreal I wasnít healthy and when you get released itís not always fun so thatís why I told him (agent) I was really serious and see whatís going to be there. And so teams are waiting until July 1st (to talk to me) because obviously the guys that are playing in the league will have a priority.

When I get an invitation (to camp) itís up to me that when I get a chance to play exhibition games, to grab every single guy in front of me and beat the **** out of them. Thatís what I have to do to show everybody I havenít lost anything. Show everybody that all of the tough guys in the league that make 8 and 900 000, that I can do a better job than them at the minimum salary. And hopefully I can get a team interested and after that if I do get a chance, Iím not going to miss it.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:16 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Pass.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:18 PM
DJ Breadman

wow...well good luck to the guy I loved him before he came to montreal, I loved when we signed him, but at 35 i'm not sure if he has much left

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:18 PM
BeBen*

God no, we have enough of Gomez when it comes to dead weight

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Pass.
you got to at least bring him to camp .

Old
07-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Physical HABuse

Double pass......in Montreal......he didn't have a back problem......he had a head problem. No thank you.

Physical HABuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:21 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
He didn't WANT to fight. He has his stupid code. I can understand him no longer being able to play a regular shift, but the code? My god, no way.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:21 PM
Hugo Sham

this thread is going places >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< {fax machine}

Bergevin:

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physical HABuse View Post
Double pass......in Montreal......he didn't have a back problem......he had a head problem. No thank you.
his head problem was named MARTIN .

You seen the pic of the guy just recently,he's ripped up in great shape .

Old
07-03-2012, 11:24 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Absolutely not. He was not good a few years ago. What make you think he is OK now.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
He didn't WANT to fight. He has his stupid code. I can understand him no longer being able to play a regular shift, but the code? My god, no way.
did you read this article? the blanked out part is what comes out of your rear end(Sheet), yes he said that.The man is goona be a beast this yr, leauge min nothing to risk.

Quote:
grab every single guy in front of me and beat the **** out of them. That’s what I have to do to show everybody I haven’t lost anything

Old
07-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Absolutely not. He was not good a few years ago. What make you think he is OK now.
read the article.....view the picture of him with his shirt off

does this man look out of shape to you?

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1...57/octane2.jpg

Old
07-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
his head problem was named MARTIN .

You seen the pic of the guy just recently,he's ripped up in great shape .
forget it. i was excited when he originally signed, but anyone who knows him, knew it was a publicity to stunt to launch is media career -- which it did, incredibly well. he was never committed to hockey and his health? well that's debatable - one could argue he wasn't healthy because he wasn't taking care of himself not the other way around. and the two bozos in charge were to blame because he wasn't healthy at the end of his time in Pitt...and they didn't do their due diligence.

and after he became a vegan partway through his time here? animal rights (honorable pursuit) became his no.1 focus and he was a HUGE distraction in the room. Hockey was secondary. Anyone who actually follows social media, knew this guy spent FAR more time with that then preparing for hockey. Superstars like Sydney Crosby weren't even a fraction as involved as a guy like BGL on facebook, twitter, @ live events, premieres etc...and we're talking in-season

this is another publicity stunt. he's not changing his spots at 35. he still has his code, he's still a gentle giant, and hopefully his ego will quiet down again and he can go back to promoting crudessence. pitching the film 'earthlings' and giving opinions on le match - in between green party rallies...in great shape or not...does anyone actually believe this guy is really serious?

Last edited by Hugo Sham: 07-03-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:29 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

, **** no...

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:31 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

The guy is going to need more than batteries in his skates in order to be able to catch up with whoever he wants to intimidate. Of course, the intelligent thing to do is not catching up and use his fax machine as he once infamously declared.

Please give up already, BGL is old league material.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
forget it. i was excited when he originally signed, but anyone who knows him, knew it was a publicity to stunt to launch is media career -- which it did, incredibly well. he was never committed to hockey and his health? well that's debatable - one could argue he wasn't healthy because he wasn't taking care of himself not the other way around. and the two bozos in charge were to blame because he wasn't healthy at the end of his time in Pitt...and they didn't do their due diligence.

and after he became a vegan partway through his time here? animal rights (honorable pursuit) became his no.1 focus and he was a HUGE distraction in the room. Hockey was secondary. this is another publicity stunt. he's not changing his spots at 35. he still has his code, he's still a gentle giant, and hopefully his ego will quiet down again and he can go back to promoting crudessence. pitching the film 'earthlings' and giving opinions on le match - in between green party rallies...in great shape or not...does anyone actually believe this guy is really serious?

you think this man is out of shape?very recent pic.
The only thing that matter is on the ice, that all you should be concerned about.
He played very well with THERRIEN.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:33 PM
LaTenderness

Quote:
.....view the picture of him with his shirt off

Slow down cowboy

LaTenderness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:34 PM
andy28

Another thing about Laraque is, after he was let go, he loved trashing the Habs brass, coaching staff, etc to the media. You can argue about whether the things he said were true or not, but the point is, his running to the media to gossip would probably make him less than appealing to most GMs.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:35 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
read the article.....view the picture of him with his shirt off

does this man look out of shape to you?

Isn't that from years ago?

Old
07-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Okay, so to proove that he hasn't lost anything, Laraque is going to assault every guy in front of him and beat the **** out of them. 'Cause that way he'll have instigators penalties and we don't care about them 'cause it's the preseason....But what happens when it's regular season? Is he going to pound everybody when not that long ago he said he didn't want to penalize his team with instigating penalties? And we do know that regular seasons DOES mean something right?

It makes NO sense. Yet again, if Brian McGrattan still ended up signing with a team....wouldn't be surprise to see BGL be invited in one. I guess by a team who wants to send some messages during preseason...but then will let go BGL for his "great" services....

Seems to me that is just the same type of purpose as Buffalo's acquisition of John Scott which to me only serve the purpose to beat the crap out of Milan Lucic for his Ryan Miller's assault and if Chara needs to come to Lucic's defense, well Scott is about the only guy that "could" potentially face him. Somehow, I expect Buffalo to buy out Scott immediately after Buffalo and Boston faced each other....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
Another thing about Laraque is, after he was let go, he loved trashing the Habs brass, coaching staff, etc to the media. You can argue about whether the things he said were true or not, but the point is, his running to the media to gossip would probably make him less than appealing to most GMs.
Therrien and Laraque go back to JUNIOR hockey ......

BGL was right about managment , there ALL GONE.

Hal Gill and Spacek all said same as BGL about management ...

Old
Coldplay
Courage

Good thing I can't read the OP.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote