HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Free Agency Part V: Y u no frenzy?!?!?! (Suter and Parise sign with Wild)

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
No thanks.
Got to give Columbus something. Hags isn't above being traded. Your not going to get Nash for half a bag of Doritos or Bobby Ryan for that matter.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

The organization, I would think, is really high on Miller after his performance in development camp. I watched the last scrimmage. He was everywhere. He grew, and became much stronger since last year. I don't think you need to include a prospect if you're going to include 2 roster guys.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:56 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
The organization, I would think, is really high on Miller after his performance in development camp. I watched the last scrimmage. He was everywhere. He grew, and became much stronger since last year. I don't think you need to include a prospect if you're going to include 2 roster guys.
Stingy crowd.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:57 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
lol @ people willing to give up Hags, stud rookie for one of the most overpaid, underachieving players in the league.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:58 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffyNYR61 View Post
You're telling me CARL HAGELIN is a dealbreaker in a trade for RICK NASH? are some of you guys high when you post here? Honestly?
Me being high has nothing to do with my views on Hagelin.

And I love how you put Rick Nash as RICK NASH. Doesn't make him a better player or his contract any less worse.

We should be trying to bend Columbus over the barrel here. Nash wants out, and seemingly only wants to go here (maybe 1, 2 other places tops).

**** Howson. Dubi, Erixon, Thomas, 1st.

Hagelin isn't a deal braker, but he's not in my first few offers for sure.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Stingy crowd.
Look at the Richards trade. He brought back Simmonds, Schenn, 2nd.

Dubi and Simmonds, I'd value them about the same. We don't have a Brayden Schenn here, but we're including Hagelin, who has already established himself in the NHL, while Schenn was a great prospect, but still a prospect. Then, we're offering them a first instead of a second. I think that's fair.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:59 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
lol @ people willing to give up Hags, stud rookie for one of the most overpaid, underachieving players in the league.
Thank you.

I feel Hagelin hasn't scratched the surface of his potential either.

Potentially a top PKer who could get you 20ish goals and play a solid 2-way game with an edge? TOSS HIM IN THE DEAL.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Kershaw

Quote:

Dubi and Simmonds, I'd value them about the same. We don't have a Brayden Schenn here, but we're including Hagelin, who has already established himself in the NHL, while Schenn was a great prospect, but still a prospect. Then, we're offering them a first instead of a second. I think that's fair.
Mike Richards is the more valuable player on sweetheart contract. Same with Jeff Carter.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:02 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:

Replace Hags with Erixon then.

Big difference in the deals here is that Richards didn't want out, and then have a trade saga go on for months.

Columbus has no leverage, zilch, none.

We don't have to give them anything we don't want to or have to.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Mike Richards is the more valuable player on sweetheart contract. Same with Jeff Carter.
I agree. My original offer was Dubi, Erixon 1st. Would you do that?

Again, it falls in line with the Richards model.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:05 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
I agree. My original offer was Dubi, Erixon 1st. Would you do that?

Again, it falls in line with the Richards model.
100%.

Throw in Thomas or a similarly graded prospect if need be.

**** Columbus and Howson. They wanted the world, now they get less than fair value.

That's what happens when your GM is a Grade-A ass clown.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
100%.

Throw in Thomas or a similarly graded prospect if need be.

**** Columbus and Howson. They wanted the world, now they get less than fair value.

That's what happens when your GM is a Grade-A ass clown.
Exactly. The longer Howson the Clown drags this out, the less leverage he has, the shorter the list grows, and the less Nash is worth.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:06 AM
rangers5000

im glad were not giving into this insane market

paying north of 4 mill for 40 year old players, i like jagr but at 4.55 mill no thank you, and marty getting 4.5 not only this year but when he is 43 years old

surprise det is offering that much for sutter, they seem to not overpay for the players and do i good job at not overpaying, i guess there desperate but surprised

i hope we go after bobby ryan
good cap hit, they want a number 2 centerman(duby), so we could do a package deal with him, then we go after a couple of free agents like doan

Old
07-04-2012, 12:07 AM
Kershaw

I like people that toss in Erixon too. He is a highly coveted prospect that projects to be a solid two-way top 4 defenseman. Management seemed to praise him endlessly when we acquired him, I know for a fact that all of us were pumped that we got him. 1 yr forward, let's toss him in a deal just for the sake of it. It'll take time for Erixon to adjust to NA, but he is the safest bet out of all our prospects.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:08 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Kershaw, I know you don't want Nash, and I've seen the numbers you've posted, but realistically, what you would you offer?

Dubi, Thomas, 1st isn't getting it done.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:10 AM
17futurecap

Quote:
Having signed Phoenix depth forward Taylor Pyatt late yesterday to a two-year contract worth $1.55 million per, the Rangers will be in the hunt for top-six winger Shane Doan if the Coyotes’ captain decides to leave Phoenix via free agency, several sources have told The Post.

“We haven’t entered into negotiations with any other teams, but Shane wants to be forthright and honest with clubs that have contacted us, and so we’ve let these clubs know whether there is mutual interest,” Terry Bross, Doan’s agent, told The Post yesterday.

“I don’t want to be specific about what teams those are, but there are no restrictions against negotiating with teams in the East ... or the one in Manhattan.”
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1zcxpUoL4

Old
07-04-2012, 12:12 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
I like people that toss in Erixon too. He is a highly coveted prospect that projects to be a solid two-way top 4 defenseman. Management seemed to praise him endlessly when we acquired him, I know for a fact that all of us were pumped that we got him. 1 yr forward, let's toss him in a deal just for the sake of it. It'll take time for Erixon to adjust to NA, but he is the safest bet out of all our prospects.
Agreed.

But D is a position of strength for us. Forward is not. Erixon is solid and will be a good NHLer, but I think losing him hurts less than a Hagelin or Miller.

As much as Sather's looking to swindle Howson, he does need to give (a little) to get.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:12 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
I wouldn't.

Just something about him. Think he will develop to be an elite role player on any team. Excellent hockey sense, feisty (or swagger as Torts like to say), and dat speed.

Very reluctant to let him go.

Still understand you need to give to get, but not Hags.
I understand and trust me, I have a huge mancrush on Hags. He's fast as hell and creates a lot of scoring opportunities with that speed. But his hands are **** and in my humble opinion is a 3rd line player with speed. Or a second line player at best. I honestly don't see him panning out to well here.

That said, and about what you said "giving to get" I agree there as well, sadly, the team is trading their star player and if Hagelin and Dubs will be the roster players going back for Nash instead of MDZ or Step then I'm all in. in my opinion.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:13 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Kershaw, I know you don't want Nash, and I've seen the numbers you've posted, but realistically, what you would you offer?

Dubi, Thomas, 1st isn't getting it done.
Yes, I am not a huge fan. Even if you get Nash for free, you're tying up a lot of your cap on an underachieving player that you miraculously pray he'll get his game back on track. At 7.8, he is the 5th highest player in terms of cap hit when he is probably not even top 50-75 NHLer. You're handcuffing your future cap by investing in him and say goodbye to Gaborik or Lundqvist or McDonagh or Girardi or Staal or Stepan or other pieces to make room for this overrated player. I would only want him for Dubinsky, 2nd and Thomas.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:14 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
He doesn't want to be specific and then says "or the one in Manhattan".

Old
07-04-2012, 12:14 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
I don't know what to take from that quote.

A not so subtle hint at Sather and co. to make a call July 8th (not that I don't think they were going to anyway), or telling Phoenix to get their **** together.

Both?

Old
07-04-2012, 12:15 AM
Lone Ranger

Wow, how do they have the cap room?

http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/04/ry...g-100-million/

Old
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Yes, I am not a huge fan. Even if you get Nash for free, you're tying up a lot of your cap on an underachieving player that you miraculously pray he'll get his game back on track. At 7.8, he is the 5th highest player in terms of cap hit when he is probably not even top 50-75 NHLer. You're handcuffing your future cap by investing in him and say goodbye to Gaborik or Lundqvist or McDonagh or Girardi or Staal or Stepan or other pieces to make room for this overrated player. I would only want him for Dubinsky, 2nd and Thomas.
Say wha

Old
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
I dont want to be specific about what teams those are, but there are no restrictions against negotiating with teams in the East ... or the one in Manhattan.
Haha, what a quote

Old
07-04-2012, 12:16 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Agreed.

But D is a position of strength for us. Forward is not. Erixon is solid and will be a good NHLer, but I think losing him hurts less than a Hagelin or Miller.

As much as Sather's looking to swindle Howson, he does need to give (a little) to get.
Erixons value is at it's lowest point and I am still somewhat scared of Staal's concussion earlier this year. I think we should keep him, develop him in the minors and move one of Staal/DZ in package for a stud superstar forward in a few yrs when Erixon is fully ready to take reigns after being developed in the minors. It's pure asset management.

Closed Thread