HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Free Agency Part V: Y u no frenzy?!?!?! (Suter and Parise sign with Wild)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2012, 11:53 PM
  #176
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
No thanks.
Got to give Columbus something. Hags isn't above being traded. Your not going to get Nash for half a bag of Doritos or Bobby Ryan for that matter.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 11:53 PM
  #177
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
The organization, I would think, is really high on Miller after his performance in development camp. I watched the last scrimmage. He was everywhere. He grew, and became much stronger since last year. I don't think you need to include a prospect if you're going to include 2 roster guys.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 11:56 PM
  #178
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,734
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
The organization, I would think, is really high on Miller after his performance in development camp. I watched the last scrimmage. He was everywhere. He grew, and became much stronger since last year. I don't think you need to include a prospect if you're going to include 2 roster guys.
Stingy crowd.

Brian Boyle is online now  
Old
07-03-2012, 11:57 PM
  #179
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
lol @ people willing to give up Hags, stud rookie for one of the most overpaid, underachieving players in the league.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 11:58 PM
  #180
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffyNYR61 View Post
You're telling me CARL HAGELIN is a dealbreaker in a trade for RICK NASH? are some of you guys high when you post here? Honestly?
Me being high has nothing to do with my views on Hagelin.

And I love how you put Rick Nash as RICK NASH. Doesn't make him a better player or his contract any less worse.

We should be trying to bend Columbus over the barrel here. Nash wants out, and seemingly only wants to go here (maybe 1, 2 other places tops).

**** Howson. Dubi, Erixon, Thomas, 1st.

Hagelin isn't a deal braker, but he's not in my first few offers for sure.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 11:59 PM
  #181
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Stingy crowd.
Look at the Richards trade. He brought back Simmonds, Schenn, 2nd.

Dubi and Simmonds, I'd value them about the same. We don't have a Brayden Schenn here, but we're including Hagelin, who has already established himself in the NHL, while Schenn was a great prospect, but still a prospect. Then, we're offering them a first instead of a second. I think that's fair.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 11:59 PM
  #182
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
lol @ people willing to give up Hags, stud rookie for one of the most overpaid, underachieving players in the league.
Thank you.

I feel Hagelin hasn't scratched the surface of his potential either.

Potentially a top PKer who could get you 20ish goals and play a solid 2-way game with an edge? TOSS HIM IN THE DEAL.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:01 AM
  #183
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Look at the Richards trade. He brought back Simmonds, Schenn, 2nd.

Dubi and Simmonds, I'd value them about the same. We don't have a Brayden Schenn here, but we're including Hagelin, who has already established himself in the NHL, while Schenn was a great prospect, but still a prospect. Then, we're offering them a first instead of a second. I think that's fair.
Mike Richards is the more valuable player on sweetheart contract. Same with Jeff Carter.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:02 AM
  #184
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Look at the Richards trade. He brought back Simmonds, Schenn, 2nd.

Dubi and Simmonds, I'd value them about the same. We don't have a Brayden Schenn here, but we're including Hagelin, who has already established himself in the NHL, while Schenn was a great prospect, but still a prospect. Then, we're offering them a first instead of a second. I think that's fair.
Replace Hags with Erixon then.

Big difference in the deals here is that Richards didn't want out, and then have a trade saga go on for months.

Columbus has no leverage, zilch, none.

We don't have to give them anything we don't want to or have to.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:03 AM
  #185
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Mike Richards is the more valuable player on sweetheart contract. Same with Jeff Carter.
I agree. My original offer was Dubi, Erixon 1st. Would you do that?

Again, it falls in line with the Richards model.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:05 AM
  #186
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I agree. My original offer was Dubi, Erixon 1st. Would you do that?

Again, it falls in line with the Richards model.
100%.

Throw in Thomas or a similarly graded prospect if need be.

**** Columbus and Howson. They wanted the world, now they get less than fair value.

That's what happens when your GM is a Grade-A ass clown.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:06 AM
  #187
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
100%.

Throw in Thomas or a similarly graded prospect if need be.

**** Columbus and Howson. They wanted the world, now they get less than fair value.

That's what happens when your GM is a Grade-A ass clown.
Exactly. The longer Howson the Clown drags this out, the less leverage he has, the shorter the list grows, and the less Nash is worth.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:06 AM
  #188
rangers5000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 510
vCash: 500
im glad were not giving into this insane market

paying north of 4 mill for 40 year old players, i like jagr but at 4.55 mill no thank you, and marty getting 4.5 not only this year but when he is 43 years old

surprise det is offering that much for sutter, they seem to not overpay for the players and do i good job at not overpaying, i guess there desperate but surprised

i hope we go after bobby ryan
good cap hit, they want a number 2 centerman(duby), so we could do a package deal with him, then we go after a couple of free agents like doan

rangers5000 is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:07 AM
  #189
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
I like people that toss in Erixon too. He is a highly coveted prospect that projects to be a solid two-way top 4 defenseman. Management seemed to praise him endlessly when we acquired him, I know for a fact that all of us were pumped that we got him. 1 yr forward, let's toss him in a deal just for the sake of it. It'll take time for Erixon to adjust to NA, but he is the safest bet out of all our prospects.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:08 AM
  #190
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Kershaw, I know you don't want Nash, and I've seen the numbers you've posted, but realistically, what you would you offer?

Dubi, Thomas, 1st isn't getting it done.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:10 AM
  #191
17futurecap
Registered User
 
17futurecap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Having signed Phoenix depth forward Taylor Pyatt late yesterday to a two-year contract worth $1.55 million per, the Rangers will be in the hunt for top-six winger Shane Doan if the Coyotes’ captain decides to leave Phoenix via free agency, several sources have told The Post.

“We haven’t entered into negotiations with any other teams, but Shane wants to be forthright and honest with clubs that have contacted us, and so we’ve let these clubs know whether there is mutual interest,” Terry Bross, Doan’s agent, told The Post yesterday.

“I don’t want to be specific about what teams those are, but there are no restrictions against negotiating with teams in the East ... or the one in Manhattan.”
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1zcxpUoL4

17futurecap is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:12 AM
  #192
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I like people that toss in Erixon too. He is a highly coveted prospect that projects to be a solid two-way top 4 defenseman. Management seemed to praise him endlessly when we acquired him, I know for a fact that all of us were pumped that we got him. 1 yr forward, let's toss him in a deal just for the sake of it. It'll take time for Erixon to adjust to NA, but he is the safest bet out of all our prospects.
Agreed.

But D is a position of strength for us. Forward is not. Erixon is solid and will be a good NHLer, but I think losing him hurts less than a Hagelin or Miller.

As much as Sather's looking to swindle Howson, he does need to give (a little) to get.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:12 AM
  #193
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,271
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
I wouldn't.

Just something about him. Think he will develop to be an elite role player on any team. Excellent hockey sense, feisty (or swagger as Torts like to say), and dat speed.

Very reluctant to let him go.

Still understand you need to give to get, but not Hags.
I understand and trust me, I have a huge mancrush on Hags. He's fast as hell and creates a lot of scoring opportunities with that speed. But his hands are **** and in my humble opinion is a 3rd line player with speed. Or a second line player at best. I honestly don't see him panning out to well here.

That said, and about what you said "giving to get" I agree there as well, sadly, the team is trading their star player and if Hagelin and Dubs will be the roster players going back for Nash instead of MDZ or Step then I'm all in. in my opinion.

Killem Dafoe is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:13 AM
  #194
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Kershaw, I know you don't want Nash, and I've seen the numbers you've posted, but realistically, what you would you offer?

Dubi, Thomas, 1st isn't getting it done.
Yes, I am not a huge fan. Even if you get Nash for free, you're tying up a lot of your cap on an underachieving player that you miraculously pray he'll get his game back on track. At 7.8, he is the 5th highest player in terms of cap hit when he is probably not even top 50-75 NHLer. You're handcuffing your future cap by investing in him and say goodbye to Gaborik or Lundqvist or McDonagh or Girardi or Staal or Stepan or other pieces to make room for this overrated player. I would only want him for Dubinsky, 2nd and Thomas.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:14 AM
  #195
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
He doesn't want to be specific and then says "or the one in Manhattan".

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:14 AM
  #196
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
I don't know what to take from that quote.

A not so subtle hint at Sather and co. to make a call July 8th (not that I don't think they were going to anyway), or telling Phoenix to get their **** together.

Both?

NY Lito is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:15 AM
  #197
Lone Ranger
Registered User
 
Lone Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
Wow, how do they have the cap room?


http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/04/ry...g-100-million/

Lone Ranger is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:15 AM
  #198
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Yes, I am not a huge fan. Even if you get Nash for free, you're tying up a lot of your cap on an underachieving player that you miraculously pray he'll get his game back on track. At 7.8, he is the 5th highest player in terms of cap hit when he is probably not even top 50-75 NHLer. You're handcuffing your future cap by investing in him and say goodbye to Gaborik or Lundqvist or McDonagh or Girardi or Staal or Stepan or other pieces to make room for this overrated player. I would only want him for Dubinsky, 2nd and Thomas.
Say wha

NY Lito is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:15 AM
  #199
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,734
vCash: 659
Quote:
I dont want to be specific about what teams those are, but there are no restrictions against negotiating with teams in the East ... or the one in Manhattan.
Haha, what a quote

Brian Boyle is online now  
Old
07-04-2012, 12:16 AM
  #200
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
Agreed.

But D is a position of strength for us. Forward is not. Erixon is solid and will be a good NHLer, but I think losing him hurts less than a Hagelin or Miller.

As much as Sather's looking to swindle Howson, he does need to give (a little) to get.
Erixons value is at it's lowest point and I am still somewhat scared of Staal's concussion earlier this year. I think we should keep him, develop him in the minors and move one of Staal/DZ in package for a stud superstar forward in a few yrs when Erixon is fully ready to take reigns after being developed in the minors. It's pure asset management.

Kershaw is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.