HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Bourque gone?

Old
07-03-2012, 03:17 PM
The Doors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcadiaAxeMan View Post
Would any of you bite on a Bourque + Beaulieu/Nash/Kristo (or another TOP prospect) for Hemsky + kinda trade?
No but I probably would for Havlat

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Cyclones Rock

Based on his performance last season, I'd think that MB would be pleased to ship him out. Finding takers might not be very easy.

If he goes via trade, it will probably be one of those, "Here's my problem and I'll take yours" type of trades.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 04:01 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
I don't get all the negativism surrounding Bourque by the media and some fans. A lot of players didn't live up to the expectations last season including players like Plekanec. We should wait and see if he can regain confidence this season, because he has shown he could score with Calgary.
Yup, if you ask me I think Pleks was more disappointing that Bourque. The guy just signed a 30m dollar deal, was the 1st line centre and... delivered 57 points.

I think they can both bounce back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC93 View Post
No but I probably would for Havlat
I like him a lot but if the asking price is Diaz + Bourque, I'm not so sure. He had 27 points last season in 39 games.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Dear Lord let's hope so.

Not going to happen though. I think we're going to have another mediocre year with the likes of Gomez and Bourque in the lineup. I have at least some hope that Bourque might have a decent season but regardless, I'd love to see us ship him out for a bag of old toast.

It's looking like a transition year right now and that's fine. Load up on the best young players we can get and build from there. There's reason to be excited about the future even if the present is underwhelming.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 04:21 PM
The Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Yup, if you ask me I think Pleks was more disappointing that Bourque. The guy just signed a 30m dollar deal, was the 1st line centre and... delivered 57 points.

I think they can both bounce back.

I like him a lot but if the asking price is Diaz + Bourque, I'm not so sure. He had 27 points last season in 39 games.
Man I'm not even anti-Bourque, and think he could rebound under MT this year, but if we could get Havlat for Diaz and Bourque it'd be a no brainer.

The Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Lets try and be as positive as possible regarding Bourque. I am sure it would go a long way in helping his confidence and motivation.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Habruti!

I think he needs to be partnered with two intense guys. Getting Bourque to produce is the best thing that could happen for this team. I would personnally try the following lineup:

Pacioretty, Plekanec, Gionta
Bourque, DD, Cole
Prust, Eller, Moen
Armstrong, Noke, White

With good motivation from therrien we never know where it could lead us...

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

memo ,

do you think Rene is going anywhere?

NO

For one he in the Habs magazine a re introductory to Rene , so no he is not going no where.

Per MB he scored 27 goals bac to back , and he wants to see what Rene can do .

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:10 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Best case scenario: He goes on a hot streak and we sell high.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:12 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
You must own RIM you eternal optimist.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:04 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Solution: he's big, he can skate but can't score? Transform Bourque into a D.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 08:28 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Solution: he's big, he can skate but can't score? Transform Bourque into a D.
Yup, has no scoring ability. Only scored 75 goals in 211 games the 3 years prior to last with Calgary. Brilliant!

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
No he isn't going anywhere, he is part of our top 6 at the moment. Thanks to Pierre and Bob, Bourque, Kaberle and Gomez aren't movable and we are going to have them for another couple of seasons

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
No he isn't going anywhere, he is part of our top 6 at the moment. Thanks to Pierre and Bob, Bourque, Kaberle and Gomez aren't movable and we are going to have them for another couple of seasons
With the cap at $70 million just over $4 million for a defenseman who has averaged 42 points the last 3 years and just over $3 million for a forward who's averaged 24 goals the past 3 years aren't unmovable contracts... they aren't even close to being comparable to Gomez's pathetic contract. The problem right now is we have no offensive depth so we're pretty much better off keeping those guys than trading them for nothing and signing some garbage UFA's.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:18 AM
eddy

Bourque got traded into the team last year when it was a huge mess. I'm more than willing to give the guy another shot under new management. Got 18 last season in what was considered an awful year and 3 straight 20 goal years before that, including back-to-back with 27. At 30 years old he should still have a few more decent seasons left in the tank, assuming last season was just an off-year.

eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
this...

short of finding a team willing to make a deal based on what Bouque can potentially bring (as opposed to what he's shown more/less since signing the long-term deal), best case scenario is that he starts the season on a line getting easier minutes, maybe even as a winger on DD's line, & that he goes on a good enough tear at the right time to lure decent interest in him...

minute that happens, there should be no hesitation in shipping him out. I can all but guarantee that over the course of the next 3 seasons, 1 or more of Leblanc/Gallagher/Palushaj/Kristo/Colberg/Geoffrion/Holland/Nattinen/Avtsin will be able to give us similar levels of play/production at a fraction of the cost.

if/when we can get anything immediately useful for him, he should be gone.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcadiaAxeMan View Post
Would any of you bite on a Bourque + Beaulieu/Nash/Kristo (or another TOP prospect) for Hemsky + kinda trade?
I wouldn't trade Bourque for Hemmer+ (unless that plus is one of the 4...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Bourque was annointed with a bad rap before he arrived to replace Cammalleri who did less for 2X the money.Bourque scored huge in Calgary with their awesome offence imagine how much he is going to do with Therrien as the coach.I believe he will be the kind of "glue"player that helps our team togetherness concept.Rene has the toughness to make the game hard for the opposition and it sounds like he will come to camp ready to prove his worth.Athletes need to be given the right direction to show their abilities and Therrien will be happy with Bourque IMHO.
Exactly.

Admittedly, Bourque IS a visor fighter, but my God that man can throw them.

Bourque admitted himself it's hard to feel a connection to a team when you first get there. He seems to be close to Price and maybe Pleks. My guess is if anyone tries to take liberties with either one of them he'll pound their face in.

Come trade deadline if Bourque is the Bourque we acquired, then I'll be with you haters in saying get rid of him if he hasn't been traded yet. Despite what people think, big power forward type players always have a solid value.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
I really believe that MB shopped him, too many mentions of it to be just here say. Just no takers at this time. Good thing is when the season starts & a few teams pick up injuries, this is the kinda guy that can still be moved, of course unless he instantly turns into a lump like Gomez, At least he does score, but really just a 1 tool player...

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
With the cap at $70 million just over $4 million for a defenseman who has averaged 42 points the last 3 years and just over $3 million for a forward who's averaged 24 goals the past 3 years aren't unmovable contracts... they aren't even close to being comparable to Gomez's pathetic contract. The problem right now is we have no offensive depth so we're pretty much better off keeping those guys than trading them for nothing and signing some garbage UFA's.
That's exactly it. Unless we can bring in somebody better, no point in dumping those 2 for nothing and then complaining they are doing well elswhere and we need a similar player. I would ahve been ok moving Kaberle if we got Jackman, Allen or Salvador, right now the UFA pool on defense is not deep and I don't want Carle at 5+ mil for 5 years.

Old
07-04-2012, 05:59 PM
JesusBouillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I keep hearing Bourque is training like a mofo this offseason. I think last year was an abberation, and he's dedicated to proving that to be the case. Trading him now would not be wise IMO.
I kept hearing the same thing same time last year about Gomez, we know how that turned out.

I'm not getting my hopes up.

JesusBouillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
Bourque got traded into the team last year when it was a huge mess. I'm more than willing to give the guy another shot under new management. Got 18 last season in what was considered an awful year and 3 straight 20 goal years before that, including back-to-back with 27. At 30 years old he should still have a few more decent seasons left in the tank, assuming last season was just an off-year.
even if he has declined, he can still be a great addition to Eller's wing on the 3rd line.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:21 PM
feds91

I hate his contract, not so much the money part of it but the years remaining (won't be a free agent til the 2015-16 season). Cammalleri only has 2 years left, that was a bad trade! I hope Habs can unload Bourque but I don't see it happening.

feds91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:29 PM
AlexGalchenyuk94
NHL Managerial Guru

Bourque is an accomplished 25 goal scorer. Yeah, he didn't play well last season, but many players have rebounded in the past and there's no reason to suggest he won't. He should get the 2nd line LW spot, and if he can't produce this season then we can worry. People need to stop jumping to conclusions so fast all the time.

A 20+ goal scorer at 3.33 mill/year is a bargain.

AlexGalchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by feds91 View Post
I hate his contract, not so much the money part of it but the years remaining (won't be a free agent til the 2015-16 season). Cammalleri only has 2 years left, that was a bad trade! I hope Habs can unload Bourque but I don't see it happening.
How the F$#%^% is that a bad trade?

Bourque has outproduced Cammalleri the last 3 years( 72-60-132 versus 45-73-118) PLUS his cap hit is 3.3 mil instead of 6 mil per year. That alone wins the trade.

Yeah Bourque had 3+ years left and Cammy only 2+ but it still relieved us of 6.7 mil of cap hit overall(15 mil versus 8.3 mil)!!!

PLUS

We swapped a 5th rounder for a 2nd

PLUS

We got Holland who is a good prospect for a goalie that didn't want to come here and re-signed KHL.

How anybody can see that deal as anything else but Feaster getting ***** is beyond me.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:37 PM
feds91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
How the F$#%^% is that a bad trade?

Bourque has outproduced Cammalleri the last 3 years( 72-60-132 versus 45-73-118) PLUS his cap hit is 3.3 mil instead of 6 mil per year. That alone wins the trade.

Yeah Bourque had 3+ years left and Cammy only 2+ but it still relieved us of 6.7 mil of cap hit overall(15 mil versus 8.3 mil)!!!

PLUS

We swapped a 5th rounder for a 2nd

PLUS

We got Holland who is a good prospect for a goalie that didn't want to come here and re-signed KHL.

How anybody can see that deal as anything else but Feaster getting ***** is beyond me.
Mike Cammalleri in Calgary outproduced Bourque in Montreal by 11 points while playing 10 fewer games. I wouldn't say that Feaster got fleeced.

feds91 is offline   Reply With Quote