Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2012, 03:57 PM
pinkfloyd44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
London aquires rights to Micheal McCarron from Belleville

3 cond seconds and a 5th I according to OHL website.

Big kid, any1 familiar with him?

Restoule from Sudbury as well? Depth move only i Guess

McCarron is a 6-5 200 forward. He played for HoneyBaked his draft year and would have been a first/second rounder most likely had he chosen the OHL route. He played for the USDP Under 17 last year. He can dominate a shift and is hard along the wall when he wants to be. His feet used to be a little rough (not sure if they improved) and he has a committment to Michigan State

Old
06-27-2012, 04:16 PM
ExtremeHockeyFan

Mark Hunter must be pretty confident he can get McCarron to report. If it ends up working out, it's a great addition to London's lineup. Really brings some size to a forward group that's pretty small right now.

Old
06-27-2012, 04:17 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan32 View Post
McCarron is a 6-5 200 forward. He played for HoneyBaked his draft year and would have been a first/second rounder most likely had he chosen the OHL route. He played for the USDP Under 17 last year. He can dominate a shift and is hard along the wall when he wants to be. His feet used to be a little rough (not sure if they improved) and he has a committment to Michigan State
The article on the Bulls website says he's looking to join his older brother at Cornell but either way an interesting gamble by London and a smart move by Belleville.

Old
06-27-2012, 04:19 PM
Bruinvasion
HFBoards Sponsor

Restoule probably wouldn't make the Knights this year. Don't know what that's about.

McCarron's chances of being here start in the 2013/14 season at the earliest I assume.

Old
06-27-2012, 06:47 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Apparently many here(myself included) were mislead to believe the Knights were taking Dansk. Mark Hunter stated tonight(on CTV) Zadorov is coming and they are ecstatic to get him. Seems he may have been "their guy" all along.

If they get McCarron to report..the kid is a beast. Restoule will add veteran presence in a relief role....or he's flipped immediately to a team that can use him.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:55 PM
dino200022

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Apparently many here(myself included) were mislead to believe the Knights were taking Dansk. Mark Hunter stated tonight(on CTV) Zadorov is coming and they are ecstatic to get him. Seems he may have been "their guy" all along.

If they get McCarron to report..the kid is a beast. Restoule will add veteran presence in a relief role....or he's flipped immediately to a team that can use him.
An overpayment for Mccarron even though he is a beast, not a great skater but is a meat and taters kind of guy that could create some space for a guy like AA possibly, you would have to think the conditions of the picks would be that of him reporting or not? As for Zadorov he is a solid stay at home big man who uses his body well and has some untapped offensive upside, perfect playing with Maata perhaps? Harrington and Hughes as a shutdown pair? As far as I know Dansk is not even commited to coming back to NA i have a pretty good feeling he will be moving up to Brynas Elite this year since Holmqvist is the only one under contract so he should be able to get 30 games in there.

Old
06-27-2012, 09:50 PM
Bruinvasion
HFBoards Sponsor

The Knights expect both Zadorov and McCarron to report to camp this fall, basically ending the Oscar Dansk trade talk. I am surprised about McCarron. Usually it takes 2 years (ages 16-17) for the Americans to complete the NTDP program. Maybe the Knights are opening their wallets for this kid?

Porkhonin is a 4th round pick of the Kings in 2012. Big winger who is a safety pick if one of Maatta/Zadorov do not play for the Knights in 2012/13.

Zadorov sounds good but let's wait and see that he actually shows up and is a good player.

Old
06-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Bruinvasion
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino200022 View Post
An overpayment for Mccarron even though he is a beast, not a great skater but is a meat and taters kind of guy that could create some space for a guy like AA possibly, you would have to think the conditions of the picks would be that of him reporting or not? As for Zadorov he is a solid stay at home big man who uses his body well and has some untapped offensive upside, perfect playing with Maata perhaps? Harrington and Hughes as a shutdown pair? As far as I know Dansk is not even commited to coming back to NA i have a pretty good feeling he will be moving up to Brynas Elite this year since Holmqvist is the only one under contract so he should be able to get 30 games in there.
If Zadorov comes as advertised, then it's a good pickup moreso as a 1995 rather than 1 year of Dansk. I stated that the Knights needed a defenseman more than a goalie anyway even though Houser's situation is unknown. There's still a fresh, unused asset in Jake Patterson who could play well.

I really doubt Dansk will play for Erie. This looks like another huge gaffe by the Otters under Bassin. You have to feel for their fans.

Old
06-27-2012, 11:22 PM
wings5

How about Prokhorkin?

Old
06-28-2012, 09:46 AM
dino200022

Quote:
Originally Posted by urs9 View Post
If Zadorov comes as advertised, then it's a good pickup moreso as a 1995 rather than 1 year of Dansk. I stated that the Knights needed a defenseman more than a goalie anyway even though Houser's situation is unknown. There's still a fresh, unused asset in Jake Patterson who could play well.

I really doubt Dansk will play for Erie. This looks like another huge gaffe by the Otters under Bassin. You have to feel for their fans.
I feel the same way even if u draft Dansk and Houser comes back then what u have a solid backup goalie for a year? Might as well draft for what u really need and Defence is that. I am not saying they will be thin on the back end but losing Tinordi is going to hurt. Zadorov is a guy that can fill that void is what they are thinking, probably not right away but within the year and into next year possibly. I still dont think Patterson is that bad of a goalie if need be, once he can get his confidence up I think he will be alright, worst case there are some 19 year old tendies that will come cheap if need be

Old
06-28-2012, 09:57 AM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by urs9 View Post

Dansk would most likely be in the league for two years not one. Unless he were to leave and play in Sweden as a 19 year old. I have a hard time thinking any goalie can play in the NHL at 19.

Old
06-28-2012, 10:07 AM
dino200022

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
Dansk would most likely be in the league for two years not one. Unless he were to leave and play in Sweden as a 19 year old. I have a hard time thinking any goalie can play in the NHL at 19.
Being drafted out of Sweden he is eligible to play in the AHL at any age and being drafted by Columbus who is hankering for a tendy I see that happening sooner rather then later.

Old
06-28-2012, 10:31 AM
OHLFan8771

Ya that very well could happen but I still see him here for two years if he comes at all.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Bruinvasion
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
How about Prokhorkin?
Probably never be a Knight. Unless Maatta or Zadorov aren't Knights this year for whatever unexpected reason. I wonder why the Knights wouldn't take Vasilevski with their second pick. If it comes to needing the third euro, they will probably need a goalie over a forward. If not, they could just trade him (which is what will happen with Prokhorkin).

Old
06-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Knighthammer

Oof, Knights end the season on a six game roadtrip. Forgot the World Figure Skating Championships are in town for the final week of the season.... what perfect timing!

Happy that the Sarna Sting Home/Away New Year's games are returning at least.

Old
06-29-2012, 05:49 PM
wings5

Saginaw has goalies available with them choosing the Russian goalie, Windsor or Paterson should be available.

Old
07-02-2012, 01:35 PM
SuperAlmeida

Some info on Prokhorkin:

Quote:
The Knights picked Prokhorkin as protection on the chance finnish defenceman Olli Maatta, the Pittsburgh first-rounder who would obviously one of London's two import players, happens to stick in the nhl next year -- or Zadorov, a first-round pick in the Kontinental Hockey League's Junior draft, fails to show up.

"He's a '93 (birth year) and property of the L.A. Kings and his first goal is to make their American Hockey League team," Hunter said, "but if he doesn't, he might fall to us.

"You go in with a plan and you have to be prepared if things change."

Vladislav Namestnikov knows Prokhorkin. He played against him in the russian junior ranks.

"I would call him a good two-way forward," said the former Knight, a pretty good two-way forward himself.

"Seeing russians being picked like this, i think, shows more are willing to come over and play here," Vladislav said. "It's good to see and a lot of them there do know about London. They know it's one of the better places to play in the CHL."

http://www.lfpress.com/sports/knight.../19924776.html

Old
07-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Percyma

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post

How exactly were you mislead about Dansk? And by whom?

Old
07-03-2012, 07:10 PM
NHL Fanatic

London has two players ranked in the ISS top 50 for the 2013 NHL draft. Nikita Zadorov at 17 and Bo Horvat at 40. Surprised to see Domi not included in the early top 50.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:10 AM
nonoob12

Määttä stays another year in london http://yle.fi/uutiset/kiekon_huippul...reissa/6205193

Old
07-04-2012, 09:45 AM
fraserzed

Do you have an english translation to that link, its all greek to me.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:00 AM
nonoob12

google translate???

Old
07-04-2012, 11:49 AM
aresknights

Soon the 18-year-old Olli Maatta is a Finnish ice hockey the greatest promise. He left Finland and Jyväskylä JYPin in order to play ice hockey and attending a school in North America. He moved to London, Ontario, Canada called the city, and is now playing London Knights hockey team.

- The relocation decision was not easy, but I've always wanted an exchange student year. I wanted to see life somewhere else and play the puck, so what could be better than to get to Canada to play and to school, Maatta said.

Maatta London Knights play the number one team. OHL's junior class status should not be fooled.

- Nine-thousand spectators a game, was great to get there to play. Not to write autographs after every game, Maatta said.

NHL's A young
If the OHL-league compared to the world of Finnish hockey, it's kind of the NHL's A-juniors. The scale is in the same way bigger than in Finland.

- OHL has become a lot of NHL players. It is one of a natural route for the highest level series, Maatta said.

The reception in London and the OHL has a been a good one.

- I am clearly not the first European, which they receive. Well we were aware of the problems of the migrant family, away from living and kielenkin with said Maatta.

First round pick
Pittsburgh Penguins reserved Olli Määttä NHL first round pick number 22 It means that the Penguins have a tough expectations of young Finnish team to play defense, sometimes in the coming years.

- Does not know in advance of any bookings. In fact, I thought that I could be in positions 50-60, but it was a smaller number, Maatta said.

The provision involves a lot more than the previous player for the monitoring and the event itself.

- During the period, already has a lot of interviews with the teams. Teams will want to know what kind of person the player is. As they know the type of player is all about. In addition to the tests. Quite a flour mill, it is, and the days are long in the reserve below, Maatta said.

Choosing the downstream OHL in
Maatta's Holiday, and now is training in the summer in Finland. Closer to autumn is in front of the return to Canada and London.

- I would be able to play JYPiinkin, but I enjoyed the OHL in gaming. I see no reason now to return, despite the fact that JYP is a junior for the best organization in Finland, which develop into ammattikiekkoilijaksi, Maatta said.

- It is better to play in North America, get used to the game the way, and a smaller rink, he said.

During the summer, Maatta also is training twice in Pittsburgh in the camps.

- I'm trying to convince know-how, but NHLään is not really a rush. The most important thing is that NHLään mennessän is complete. It may take a year or five years AHL's through, but the sights are on a long career.Undo edits
automatically translated by Google
DictionaryGoogle Translate for Business:Translator ToolkitWebsite TranslatorGlobal Market FinderTurn off instant translationAbout Google TranslateMobilePrivacyHelpSend feedback

Old
07-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Otto

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonoob12 View Post
Määttä stays another year in london http://yle.fi/uutiset/kiekon_huippul...reissa/6205193
Is anyone surprised?

Old
07-04-2012, 03:16 PM
fraserzed

thanks for the rough translation.

It not a surprise that Maata is coming back its just nice to have that security in knowing and not speculating. Now we just need to confirm if houser is coming back, likely will not be until September'ish

Closed Thread