HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Parenteau NOT Retained, Signed with Avs

Old
07-04-2012, 05:36 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symon Asher View Post
Another failure by Snowang. 4 yrs 16 mill was less than Market rate in my opinion.
The failure by Snow was committed at the trade deadline. He did not plan/act like any rational, realistic person would that Parenteau's non-readiness to resign then was the clearcut statement, that he was going to enter the UFA market.

PAP was arguably the biggest trade deadline trading piece he has had during his tenure with the Isles.

As another poster wrote, if a guy like Gaustad was pulling in a first, and a number of midroad Dmen were raking in 2nds+, there's plenty of reason to think that PAP would have brought a return that was more valuable than his 25 games and the ensuing walkaway.

Quote:
PAP might have also given them a home team discount.
Never bought this, not for a second. He was looking at the one real big payday of his life. I actually thought he was going to get more. I understand why the Isles weren't ready to offer 4 years. It wouldn't surprise me if they did offer him that 4 million for two years. Maybe I'm wrong.

Quote:
Now with drafting 7 D this year plus signing 2 more plus adding Pedan and Mayfield Last year,it appears to me that DeHaan and Ness will not be more than 6/7 D men. Another example of Snowang failures
I wouldn't worry about the 7 Dmen this year plus the signings. We still don't know what picking that one position seven times will ultimately mean. None help right away - at least none should if things are handled properly.

Carkner und Visnovsky admittedly both answer needs for the here and now. I figure Reese will be resigned and then Ness, de Haan and Donovan will battle it out for the 6th spot on the team - which IS the right path to go at this juncture, knowing a guy like Reese can fill in there adequately when there are growing pains. I'm tipping on de Haan becoming a regular this season.

Don't see any of that as a Snowang failure.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 06:45 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabs40 View Post
I would be quite happy If we get AK 46, then we could trade Okposo? for a top-4 dman.
The defense is finished.

Streit, Visnovsky, Hamonic, MacDonald, Carkner, soon Reese and then the battle between de Haan, Ness and Donovan.

We haven't been stockpiling on defensive prospects just to never see one graduate.

By the way, we still need to replace Parenteau (don't think for a second that Boyes is that replacement). Gaining AK just to dump Okposo would be creating one hole to fill another, which in this case is actually the same position.

Old
07-04-2012, 06:49 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

I don't think Parenteau is one of those flash-in-pan things. He may not get 67 points again, but there are PLENTY of weapons out in Colorado that could really profit from his passes.

I think you can book 50 points and I personally think he's going to be closer to 60. They can really use a guy like him on the PP.

As for Boyes, I don't what to expect. Reclamation projects are often a good thing for this team. Any sustained time with Tavares might really help him. But should he be on that line? Can he produce on any other line?

There are still a few guys out there who I'd like to see the Isles gamble on. None of them would cost more than 2 million.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:08 AM
bluechipbonzo

The Parenteau "hate" will be back when Boyes proves to be just as effective dealing with all the extra time and open space afforded to anyone flanking Tavares.

PA will not produce the same numbers with Duchene.

Tavares will continue to improve this year, and it will become apparent that he was the x-factor on the top line, not Parenteau.

bluechipbonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 08:15 AM
ScaredStreit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
The defense is finished.

Streit, Visnovsky, Hamonic, MacDonald, Carkner, soon Reese and then the battle between de Haan, Ness and Donovan.

We haven't been stockpiling on defensive prospects just to never see one graduate.

By the way, we still need to replace Parenteau (don't think for a second that Boyes is that replacement). Gaining AK just to dump Okposo would be creating one hole to fill another, which in this case is actually the same position.
Reese signed with the Pens.

ScaredStreit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredStreit View Post
Reese signed with the Pens.
Yep, saw that like five minutes after I posted... hope Snow brings in a guy or two of his ilk.

Ironically, I always thought it was just a question of time before Reese would end up in PIT. Wonder if Gervais will end up with PHI?