HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agency Part V: Y u no frenzy?!?!?! (Suter and Parise sign with Wild)

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 07:03 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

vCash: 500
From Main Boards:

I agree with this theory completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzy View Post
Been saying this for days.
  • Parise was in Toronto (Mississauga) when he was undecided. He wanted to announce his decision from a neutral place, if need be.
  • Parise decided where he'd like to sign on the 2nd. The rumours about players saying he'd made his mind up were true.
  • His decision was Minnesota.
  • You don't fly to your home state to announce you've signed elsewhere. I've been saying that since it was announced he was doing it.
  • The entire holdup was Parise convincing Suter to sign in Minnesota.
  • Parise wanted to play for the Wild, but was scared about playing on a losing team. He wanted to do himself and his new franchise a favour by bringing Suter with him.

Old
07-04-2012, 07:05 AM
NYR27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
From Main Boards:

I agree with this theory completely.
Makes a ton of sense...

Old
07-04-2012, 07:07 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
RB, do you expect it to be resolved soon after the Parise/Suter mess? Or do you think Howson is going to drag it on forever.

Also didn't the Sharks beat writer pretty much say the Sharks were out?
Slats is know for grinding things out.

Quote:
Washington Capitals GM George McPhee had this to say about his dealings with Rangers President and GM Glen Sather:

Glen is easy to have a conversation with but hard to make a trade with because he really grinds it out. Ive done just one trade with him, for [Jaromir] Jagr, and it took forever.

I dont think anybody tried to fleece me off the top, but I remembered Glen Sather saying to me, Now, listen. Im going to try to pick your pocket and you are going to try and pick mine. He was real frank about it.
http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2012/0...h-glen-sather/

The Jagr trade took 8 months to complete with Washington paying 40% of the salary.

Sather will trade for Nash on his terms.

Old
07-04-2012, 07:08 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

The Jagr trade took 8 months to complete with Washington paying 40% of the salary.

That quote is awesome. I wonder what made Sather go from crazy spend money, to being one of the top GMs again.

Old
07-04-2012, 07:09 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:

Did anyone inform McPhee that he did indeed kinda get fleeced

Quote:
That quote is awesome. I wonder what made Sather go from crazy spend money, to being one of the top GMs again.
He's always been a good trader, I don't know about free agency... Maybe Dolan influenced him to make splashes? Maybe Sather was having a 3/4 life crisis?

Old
07-04-2012, 07:11 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Deb Placey tweeted she didn't believe Parise wanted to play in Minny so early in his career. If he signs a 10-13 year contract,that will be his career. This will probably be his last contract. He is 27 now.

Quote:
Players don't usually want to play at home- until the end of their careers. Zach Parise may want to- but probably feels he can do it later
https://twitter.com/DebPlacey/status/219804900538859520

Old
07-04-2012, 07:12 AM
azrok22

vCash: 3743
Quote:

Perfect. In a few more months, there should be a new CBA. Hopefully, Columbus can eat 40% of Nash's cap hit in it.

We should be in no rush--let Sather work his trade magic on his own time.

Old
07-04-2012, 07:13 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Did anyone inform McPhee that he did indeed kinda get fleeced

He's always been a good trader, I don't know about free agency... Maybe Dolan influenced him to make splashes? Maybe Sather was having a 3/4 life crisis?
I meant more so on Free Agency, I was never worried about his trading. Maybe the Obama administration did something to him.

Old
07-04-2012, 07:13 AM
azrok22

Quote:

Old
07-04-2012, 07:15 AM
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
nWo 4 Life Brother

Send a message via AIM to Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Winchester is ****, do we plan on rule changes during the lockout where you suddenly are awarded goals for winning fights?

Old
07-04-2012, 07:18 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Rangers started talking to the Caps about Jagr before the 2003 draft. It involved Lindros to the Caps for Jagr. Then it become Carter for Jagr. The Caps wanted to pay 1/2 of Jagr's $11M for only 03-04. Sather got them to pick up 40%. The rollback dropped the $11M salary by 24%.

Old
07-04-2012, 07:38 AM
Vitto79

So Doan seems open to talk to NY. At this point I would be fine with them being patient and seeing if they can just sign Doan and keep all assets. No Nash

Old
07-04-2012, 08:02 AM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
He went from never having money in Edmonton to having all he could spend in NY, so he spent it.
It's like those people who win 20 million in the lottery and in 5 years are broke.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:15 AM
rangerfan_79

Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
This is still my favorite Sather quote:

The infamous pre-Rangers hire quote:

"If I had the Rangers payroll, I'd never lose a game"

http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2010/...-greatest-hits

Old
07-04-2012, 08:17 AM
iceman9999

Parise NOT going anywhere!

Ok I had enough of this drama.

There is a delay with this Parise signing for a reason, and its giving time for Uncle Lou to find a way to fit Parise under the cap.

Here is my take on the Parise situation, this is typical of a Devil playing test the system and fishing around to see what other teams GM's are going to offer Free agents.

I am sure Parise has a ton of good solid offers and there is no reason for a delay. Parise will go through his list of offers and after its complete, he will make idiots out of the other teams that made bonifide offers and he will give Lou Lamorilli the list and the Devils GM will match all offers and Parise WILL STAY in the N.J. Devils organization..

Parise & Lou WILL MAKE IDIOTS out of all the teams that made offers and Uncle Lou, will find a way to make room under the salary cap and keep Parise a DEVIL for the rest of his career...

There is a posibility I may it crow on this one! but this is my take on the most sneaky organization in the league.....

Last edited by iceman9999: 07-04-2012 at 08:19 AM. Reason: edit
Old
07-04-2012, 08:18 AM
NYR Viper

Doan would be ideal and I would give him a 3 year deal easily to lower the cap hit. Great guy, great leader, hard nosed, hungry to win.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:20 AM
DM23BK30

Post-lockout Sather won't lose a trade. Not at this stage of his career. He's been doing this for too long. He owns a diamond mine of gems with only a few exceptions, especially when you consider the garbage he inherited.

Lisin for Korpikoski? A loss, but Korpedo, who is a steady 3rd liner on a good team, is 26, drafted 8 years ago and has yet to crack 20 goals. Not a crippling trade to say the least.

Sather is a guy who was essentially fleeced trading Gretzky, Messier, Kurri, Graves, Damphousse, Beukeboom, Lowe etc. He had no leverage back then because nobody wanted to play for Edmonton anymore. I would say he learned his lesson.

Sather is going to wear down Howson until he's a little nub before he trades any of his assets.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:23 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Post-lockout Sather won't lose a trade. Not at this stage of his career. He's been doing this for too long. He owns a diamond mine of gems with only a few exceptions, especially when you consider the garbage he inherited.

Lisin for Korpikoski? A loss, but Korpedo, who is a steady 3rd liner on a good team, is 26, drafted 8 years ago and has yet to crack 20 goals. Not a crippling trade to say the least.

Sather is a guy who was essentially fleeced trading Gretzky, Messier, Kurri, Graves, Damphousse, Beukeboom, Lowe etc. He had no leverage back then because nobody wanted to play for Edmonton anymore. I would say he learned his lesson.

Sather is going to wear down Howson until he's a little nub before he trades any of his assets.
I feel like all of his trades now are just revenge for having to trade all of those guys.

Like the Gomez trade I can just picture Glen chewing on a cigar saying to himself "And that one was for Kurri"

Old
07-04-2012, 08:24 AM
DutchShamrock

Doan is open to us driving up the price. There is no reason to point to us in that quote. It hurts his leverage (at worst) contract wise signing here to say something like that.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman9999 View Post

There is a delay with this Parise signing for a reason, and its giving time for Uncle Lou to find a way to fit Parise under the cap.

Here is my take on the Parise situation, this is typical of a Devil playing test the system and fishing around to see what other teams GM's are going to offer Free agents.

I am sure Parise has a ton of good solid offers and there is no reason for a delay. Parise will go through his list of offers and after its complete, he will make idiots out of the other teams that made bonifide offers and he will give Lou Lamorilli the list and the Devils GM will match all offers and Parise WILL STAY in the N.J. Devils organization..

Parise & Lou WILL MAKE IDIOTS out of all the teams that made offers and Uncle Lou, will find a way to make room under the salary cap and keep Parise a DEVIL for the rest of his career...

There is a posibility I may it crow on this one! but this is my take on the most sneaky organization in the league.....
- or this is a life changing decision not only for him but for his entire family and he doesn't have to give an answer until he has thoroughly thought it over
- does not make any sense
- how does that make any team other than the devils look like idiots? parise's price goes up from testing the market. nj is already in big trouble financially. there's no way they let him hit the market and drive up the price if they have a say in the matter.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:31 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman9999 View Post

What? Pretty sure Devils have cap room to fit Parise. They just may not have real $$$ to throw at him.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:32 AM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Doan is open to us driving up the price. There is no reason to point to us in that quote. It hurts his leverage (at worst) contract wise signing here to say something like that.
I assumed that he referenced the Rangers specifically because Brooks was the one asking the question.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:32 AM
DM23BK30

The Rangers own 5 of the first 90 picks, and 6 of the first 120 in next year's draft. They have two extra picks. Three 3rd rounders.

They essentially turned Bobby Sanguinetti and Markus Granlund into Tim Erixon and Shane McColgan.

The Rangers have plenty of assets. Extra picks, prospects, proven NHL'ers under 22.

Sather wanted Steven Rice and Louie Debrusk for Messier. Nicholls was a throw in who was a malcontent. Rice and Debrusk? Debrusk was a goon. Rice was a decent point producer in the CHL but was always getting hurt. Smith took Sather to the woodshed on that trade. He got Mark Messier and didnt trade Weight, Kovalev, Zubov, Amonte, Zamuner and Turcotte.

Sather's cigar must have been a dutch master that day.

Howson and Murray have had plenty of time to study the Rangers' prospect arsenal up and down, 100 times over. They're not getting the prized possessions.

I wouldnt be surprised if a trade for Ryan or Nash cost them guys like Thomas, Hagelin, MSC or Fogarty instead of the guys everybody is drooling over.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Man, Korpikoski would look awfully good in this lineup right now though. He is literally the upgrade to the 3rd line that many of us want.

Old
07-04-2012, 08:36 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
I thought the same thing - although it also drives the price up for us if it prompts someone else to come in with a preemptive high bid.

Of course, it also does us a favor in the Nash sweepstakes, by hinting to Howson that we have a very real plan B only days away (assuming Howson even pays attention to rumors like this, that is).

Closed Thread