HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Ryan Suter

View Poll Results: Prediction: Where will Suter sign?
Nashville 16 35.56%
Detroit 14 31.11%
Minnesota 9 20.00%
Philly 0 0%
Pittsburgh 3 6.67%
Other 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 09:39 AM
pekkaslap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfan84 View Post
What more could DP have done? Besides trade him? Suter lied to his face and you want to blame management?!? I will agree that Poile doesn't make the most aggressive moves but GMDP did everything in his power to keep Suter. He tried tradin for Rick Nash and Nash said no. How is that DP fault?

To hell with Suter. He is nothing hit a Diva. We still have the best defensemen in the league in Shea. Trust me, Suter will not be near as good without Shea.

Now Poile doesn't need to go through this again. He needs to go to Shea and say I am not doing this again. We want you here long term. And if Shea pulls the crap that Suter did then you don't even hesitate and trade him to the highest bidder.
I'm not assuming Weber wants to stay at all.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:39 AM
INDhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Karma View Post
@SHEEHYHOCKEY: Client Ryan Suter plans on making a decision today.
At least that is official as his agent is the only person I'll believe at this point. Now we'll wait all day.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:40 AM
alexmanu

Gonna be a very interesting day, either Suter re-signs and it's all dandy or he doesn't and we move onto plan B. Plan B I hope would involve someone like Martin, Bouwmeester or Carle.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:40 AM
pekkaslap

Well, at least we know a decision is coming and we can move forward with or without Suter today.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:44 AM
pekkaslap

Or, I guess it's possible he will make the decision privately, but won't announce it today. Maybe he's enjoying the limelight a bit too much, lol.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:46 AM
hockey diva

Suter signing in Minn only makes me slightly nauseous, Detroit makes me want to puke.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Old
07-04-2012, 09:48 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
If its minnesota, I will hate it because its Liarpolds team but at least he will have been honest about family being a driver of his decision.

Old
07-04-2012, 09:54 AM
AEM6729

The more I think about it, the more annoyed I'll be if Suter signs in Minnesota. I mean, WTF? They suck! They've only been to the playoffs TWICE in their history and haven't won a series since 2003, when they went to the Conference Finals. I barely recognize a single name of any of their currently signed defensemen. Would Suter play on a first pairing with f-ing Tom Gilbert? Who IS that? A massive downgrade from Shea Weber, that's who.

Plus they're owned by Liarpold. Can't trust that guy.

I don't know what would be worse: him signing with Detroit and us having to play him all the time and knowing he went to our biggest rival, or him signing with some nothing team after all this talk about "wanting to play for a contender". Ugh.

Old
07-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Predarat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR303 View Post
Okay, yes, I'm a little buzzed, and yes, it's 2:00 am, but if the reports from the main board are true about Suter signing in MIN, well I'm going to be really, really pissed. I get the fact that it's close to his home, I get the fact that he's going to get a ******** of $, but that's Liepold's team. For a guy that *****ed about "we can never keep guys" and the main players they brought up were from the CL firesale, well, that is just a ridiculous amount of hypocrisy. If that's the truth, then screw him. Sorry, but I can honestly say that if he signs with the Wings, as much as I'd hate it, the winning history makes sense, but the Mild, for Christ's sake, that puts him in the very same situation he was in several years ago. Talk about a step backwards, and yes, that includes Parise signing there. ZP's good, but he's not "hold the entire league hostage while I made a decision" good.

God, I hope it's just a false tweet.
Well if you are buzzed you need to post buzzed more because this is 100% true and how i feel. If he signs with minnechoka he is enemy #1.

Last edited by Predarat: 07-04-2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old
07-04-2012, 10:01 AM
ChesterCopperpot1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pekkaslap View Post
I'm not assuming Weber wants to stay at all.
And if he doesn't then good riddance. I wish Shea would play hos whole career out here but if he doesn't want to sign LT, then we ship his ass to the highest bidder. I absolutely do not want to go though this again next year.

If GMDP does this again, that's when I'll start hatin him.

What sucks is not once did I EVER believe Suter wanted to be here. He's a snake in the grass just like Liarpold, they'll love being with each other

Old
07-04-2012, 10:04 AM
pekkaslap

Quote:
And if he doesn't then good riddance. I wish Shea would play hos whole career out here but if he doesn't want to sign LT, then we ship his ass to the highest bidder. I absolutely do not want to go though this again next year.

If GMDP does this again, that's when I'll start hatin him.

What sucks is not once did I EVER believe Suter wanted to be here. He's a snake in the grass just like Liarpold, they'll love being with each other
Agreed. Find out ASAP if Weber is signing here long term. If he wants to be here, great, he's the face of the franchise. If not, ship him out for the biggest haul we can get and start the re-build/re-tooling. The only thing that worries me about a re-tooling is keeping the same coach/system (Trotz).

Old
07-04-2012, 10:06 AM
alexmanu

Quote:
Agreed. Find out ASAP if Weber is signing here long term. If he wants to be here, great, he's the face of the franchise. If not, ship him out for the biggest haul we can get and start the re-build/re-tooling. The only thing that worries me about a re-tooling is keeping the same coach/system (Trotz).
No... having Trotz is one of the positives, his system has been successful with completely different Predator teams over the years. It's a simple play hard and you'll get your rewards type philosophy that I think the majority of players in the NHL would buy into.

Old
07-04-2012, 10:10 AM
ChesterCopperpot1

Quote:
Does Shea have a NTC?

I don't want any of this, I'll only go to this list. If he doesn't have a NTC and he doesn't want to sign here, then he goes to whomever presents the best deal for us, not for him.

Old
07-04-2012, 10:11 AM
alexmanu

Quote:
Does Shea have a NTC?

I don't want any of this, I'll only go to this list. If he doesn't have a NTC and he doesn't want to sign here, then he goes to whomever presents the best deal for us, not for him.
I only think Erat and Legwand do...

Old
07-04-2012, 10:12 AM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
I know some of you guys don't like Cooper but I'm posting this anyways.

JoshuaCooper‏@JoshuaCooper

Everything I've heard from the #preds is they believe they'll get last crack at Suter before everything is said and done.

Edit: Of course after I post this he tweets out this gem.

Whether that actually happens, who knows...

Old
07-04-2012, 10:13 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

It wasn't that long ago that we had people here stating definitively that Suter was gone. He may be ... but ... the only thing I've seen from him in this process is indecisiveness. If he were dead set on Team X or Y in March, or even late May, this process doesn't drag on this long.

The Preds lived up to the public demands to show commitment to competing with their deadline moves.The team apparently made a handsome offer to him as an individual. If it were as simple as those wishes being granted, he'd have signed here already.

There are a lot of indicators of a player torn between competing desires. Minny is very close to home to satisfy the family aspect. Detroit remains a very good team and provides a solid chance to make a run every year. The problem there is stepping in as the guy who replaces something beyond a legend at the position. Nashville currently has a good team, with a family friendly atmosphere ... but, as of right now we're a competitive squad on a budget that has yet to make that huge next step. Purely family, Minny looks like the choice. Still close to home but with a nearly guaranteed shot at a run any year in the immediate future, Detroit. 100% true to his statements earlier this year, he stays.

Here we sit in day four of free agency and still NONE of us know for sure what the hell this guy is going to do. Once he, and his buddy Parise, decide it's domino waterfall time ..... hopefully.

Old
07-04-2012, 10:14 AM
ChesterCopperpot1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
I only think Erat and Legwand do...
Okay,

So when and if Suter goes to Minny, yeah what was all that jazz about winning a cup, the first call GMDP needs to make is to Shea's agent. Needs to say look, we want to lock Shea down LT and do it now. If the answer is anything but ok let's hammer out details then DP should start shopping Weber.

Old
07-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Well at least the decision will be made on a holiday, leaving two options:

A) Stays with NSH - sit by pool and drink heavily
B) Leaves NSH - sit by pool and drink heavily

Happy 4th of July everyone.

Old
07-04-2012, 10:25 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Does Shea have a NTC?

weber is unemployed right now. we hold his contractual rights, but he has no job.

Old
07-04-2012, 10:30 AM
NoNecksCurse

weber doesn't have a NTC as his contract is up as well (RFA) .. so we can trade him to columbus tomorrow if we wanted. hypothetical, but we can trade him whenever to whomever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
I know some of you guys don't like Cooper but I'm posting this anyways.

Everything I've heard from the #preds is they believe they'll get last crack at Suter before everything is said and done.

Edit: Of course after I post this he tweets out this gem.

Whether that actually happens, who knows...
all im hearing from cooper... is "i believe".. or "preds think"... too much uncertainty to be held hostage by suter. if we have most of our eggs in the suter basket, we shouldn't be "thinking" we will get last crack at suter.

Old
07-04-2012, 10:32 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Does Shea have a NTC?

A player must be a Group 3, Unrestricted Free Agent for a no-move clause of any type. The workaround is that if he signs now, a NMC/NTC can be included that won't go into effect until next season when he would have been eligible for unrestricted status.

Old
07-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
The more I think about it, the more annoyed I'll be if Suter signs in Minnesota. I mean, WTF? They suck! They've only been to the playoffs TWICE in their history and haven't won a series since 2003, when they went to the Conference Finals. I barely recognize a single name of any of their currently signed defensemen. Would Suter play on a first pairing with f-ing Tom Gilbert? Who IS that? A massive downgrade from Shea Weber, that's who.

Plus they're owned by Liarpold. Can't trust that guy.

I don't know what would be worse: him signing with Detroit and us having to play him all the time and knowing he went to our biggest rival, or him signing with some nothing team after all this talk about "wanting to play for a contender". Ugh.
Ironic if he signs in Minny He refuses to sign with the Preds because the reputation is that we are a cheap team yet signs with the owner that gave us that reputation in the 1st place. I still think he signs with The Wings in the end.

Old
07-04-2012, 10:41 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
weber doesn't have a NTC as his contract is up as well (RFA) .. so we can trade him to columbus tomorrow if we wanted. hypothetical, but we can trade him whenever to whomever.

all im hearing from cooper... is "i believe".. or "preds think"... too much uncertainty to be held hostage by suter. if we have most of our eggs in the suter basket, we shouldn't be "thinking" we will get last crack at suter.
As far as Weber (off topic for the thread, but...), how valuable will trading him without a contract be? I understand he's restricted, so whoever gets him will either get to sign him for at least a year or be compensated handsomely via offer sheet, but you'd think we would get the maximum return for him if we traded him to a team he actually wants to play for (as that team would know they have an excellent chance of signing him). If Weber acts like he wants to hit the unrestricted market, doesn't that diminish his value a lot in the eyes of other teams?

And Cooper sucks. He won't ask the hard questions, doesn't get any inside scoop whatsoever...Rosen from NJ and Russo from Minnesota have been my primary Twitter follows through all this. They get way more insight than Cooper.

Hopefully Suter will announce this early in the day so we can all get back to our 4th of July plans. You'd think as soon as he comes to a decision he'd announce it; I'm sure he hates having the media all up in his grill like this.

Old
07-04-2012, 10:50 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
As far as Weber (off topic for the thread, but...), how valuable will trading him without a contract be? I understand he's restricted, so whoever gets him will either get to sign him for at least a year or be compensated handsomely via offer sheet, but you'd think we would get the maximum return for him if we traded him to a team he actually wants to play for (as that team would know they have an excellent chance of signing him). If Weber acts like he wants to hit the unrestricted market, doesn't that diminish his value a lot in the eyes of other teams?

And Cooper sucks. He won't ask the hard questions, doesn't get any inside scoop whatsoever...Rosen from NJ and Russo from Minnesota have been my primary Twitter follows through all this. They get way more insight than Cooper.

Hopefully Suter will announce this early in the day so we can all get back to our 4th of July plans. You'd think as soon as he comes to a decision he'd announce it; I'm sure he hates having the media all up in his grill like this.
agreed on the cooper and suter points.

as far as the value of weber, im not a GM so this is just my speculation. but you have the best defenseman in the NHL, that alone will get you quite the haul. weber as a RFA, if traded, would have to negotiate a contract with his new team. so they'd get every shot and then some to sign him long term. as well as a season of the best defenseman in the NHL.

i just keep going back to philly and think a deal could be made. obviously we'd want couturier but if that won't happen, they still have alot young, cheap assets.

couturier + meszaros + 2013 1st round pick

schenn + simmonds + meszaros

voracek + meszaros + 2013 1st round pick + 2014 1st round pick

Old
07-04-2012, 10:54 AM
predhead99

@RobbVogel
Just told by "source" Suter announcment set for 2:00 pm today!

So look like we will know something right after lunch.

Closed Thread