HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Florida Panthers sign Filip Kuba

Old
07-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
I think the major sticking point with Garry leaving is the years. I doubth Tallon would offered over 3-4 years. We got Kulikov, Campbell, Guds tied up long term. Jovo 3 more years and Petrovic and Robak on the way up. Oh yeah and Ellerby
Don't think Garrison cared, think (now) that he wanted Vancouver all along. Probably since he came up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
Mock all you want Acadmus. Don't care.

Love Jovo, don't want him to go anywhere. Period.
Well, he's not.

07-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Don't think Garrison cared, think (now) that he wanted Vancouver all along. Probably since he came up.

Well, he's not.
Haha, yeah Laus, that's true. Like it or not.

Tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 12:18 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post

Yeah he mentored Guds pretty well...but you're saying we couldn't find someone who could do that while also NOT sucking eggs on the ice?

Face it - our defense had two glaring weaknesses this year: Jovo's speed and balance and Weaver's size and strength. And the team made the playoffs and also won the division...but did so by backing into the spot. I'd love to see replacements for these two that help ensure the team doesn't go on any extended losing streaks at the tail end of the season.
Backing in ...thats a meaningless term worth crap. We had the points towin the division end of story. Glad we played welln the beginning of the year so we had a cushion.

adam graves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Backing in ...thats a meaningless term worth crap. We had the points towin the division end of story. Glad we played welln the beginning of the year so we had a cushion.
Yeah, can't believe the negativity of that post.

Old
07-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Reportable Nashville offered Kuba the same contract as us but he choose us. Also he still owns a house in Tampa

Feeling better and better of Kuba deal especially after seeing Souray get 3 years /3.66 per year

Mogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 04:45 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
1 OT goal away from beating the Eastern Conference champs too. Showed we belonged...

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 09:37 PM
nhlfan9191

Garrison=Jaybo. Not sure what to expect out of Kuba. We payed about a million to much. But playing with Campbell should work out nice. He may not have the points he had playing with forward Henrik Karlsson but he should still be very effective. Took awhile for me to accept this.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:23 AM
LUUUUUIS
Bandwagoneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Garrison=Jaybo. Not sure what to expect out of Kuba. We payed about a million to much. But playing with Campbell should work out nice. He may not have the points he had playing with forward Henrik Karlsson but he should still be very effective. Took awhile for me to accept this.
Elaborate? He was good for us, became a UFA, and decided to play in his hometown. How is he like Jayblow?

LUUUUUIS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiluis View Post
Elaborate? He was good for us, became a UFA, and decided to play in his hometown. How is he like Jayblow?
Think he means that Garry didn't give us a chance but bolted first thing he could, much like JayBlow.

Old
07-04-2012, 10:15 AM
I May Be Wrong
Could Be Right?

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
The bumping of this thread made me think we signed someone else.

What a let down.

I May Be Wrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
The bumping of this thread made me think we signed someone else.

What a let down.
Haha, sorry man.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:21 AM
LUUUUUIS
Bandwagoneer

Quote:
Think he means that Garry didn't give us a chance but bolted first thing he could, much like JayBlow.
I guess, Bouwmeester was with us for twice as long as Garrison. He had more invested with us, and from what I understand left on bad terms. I think Garrison left with more respect.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Catsfan7

Quote:
At least Garrison didn't put an ultimatum on the franchise during the playoff run

Catsfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsfan7 View Post
At least Garrison didn't put an ultimatum on the franchise during the playoff run
And we're better off with Kuba's contract than his so nevermind.

Old
07-18-2012, 09:26 PM
LUUUUUIS
Bandwagoneer

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...-signings.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by THN
6. Filip Kuba, Panthers (two years, $8 million)
Last year, Kuba had 32 points and was a plus-26 for the Senators. The season prior to that, he had just 16 points and was a minus-26. Also, in 2011-12, his blueline partner was Norris Trophy winner Erik Karlsson. Think the 35-year-old will continue that stellar play without Karlsson in Florida? If you do, you’re one of a select few.
Thoughts? Personally, it's silly. Kuba's a solid defenseman. He'll probably be paired with Brian "Lady Byng All-Star" Campbell. I'm sure he'll put up good numbers.

Old
07-18-2012, 10:34 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post

Thoughts? Personally, it's silly. Kuba's a solid defenseman. He'll probably be paired with Brian "Lady Byng All-Star" Campbell. I'm sure he'll put up good numbers.
Lol, wow. I think he'll land somewhere in the middle point-wise. Tbh, I'd rather see him paired with Kuli, as I loved Guds paired with Soup in the playoffs those couple games. We'll see.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 10:48 PM
LUUUUUIS
Bandwagoneer

Quote:
Lol, wow. I think he'll land somewhere in the middle point-wise. Tbh, I'd rather see him paired with Kuli, as I loved Guds paired with Soup in the playoffs those couple games. We'll see.
I'm really hoping to see Guddy graduate from the bottom pairing. I see a lot of folks here still put him there in their speculative lines for next year. This would be good for me:

Soupy - Guddy/Kuba
Kuli - Kuba/Guddy
Weaver - Jovo

Strachan/Ellerby

Old
07-19-2012, 12:04 AM
PanthersAllDay1225
MORDE-KULI

Quote:
I'm really hoping to see Guddy graduate from the bottom pairing. I see a lot of folks here still put him there in their speculative lines for next year. This would be good for me:

Soupy - Guddy/Kuba
Kuli - Kuba/Guddy
Weaver - Jovo

Strachan/Ellerby
agreed, guds just blossomed in that latter half of the season

PanthersAllDay1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:22 AM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersAllDay1225 View Post
agreed, guds just blossomed in that latter half of the season
Maybe he'll start from the bottom, but works his way up pretty quickly. I think Kuba starts with Campbell, but then anything can happen.

Old
07-19-2012, 03:30 AM
MickOlax

Quote:

That's actually a pretty horrible list imo. only about 3 or 4 signings that desere to be on that list an Kuba is nowhere close to that. And I thought that THN was at least a decent source for articles. Or maybe Adam Proteau is an idiot?

I've had no problem with the Kuba signing since day 1. Sens fans liked him, his numbers were good and I don't think we're expecting him to be our top offensive D. We have Campbell and Kulikov for that. He's just a guy who can compliment one of those guys, just like Garrison was.

-L-

MickOlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 04:47 AM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

The thought that Karlsson helped out Kuba so much is a fallacy. Karlsson is pretty much a rover. Kuba had to stay back and cover for him a lot. Maybe Karlsson inflated his point total, but Kuba covered Karlsson's butt on a lot of occasions too. Whenever Kuba hasn't had a series of major injuries all at once in the last several years, he's been a solid top 4 guy. He'll fit in well. He's not going to score a lot of points, but we have Campbell and Kulikov for that, and Mueller can replace Garrison on the point on the PP.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Catsfan7

Quote:
That's the same list that had Jovo and Flash on it last year (I think), Jovo's was bad, but look what happened with Flash, so this is all just opinionated bs.

Catsfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Proteau has been guilty of some bad stuff on THN and this is no different. He attacks the Kuba contract because he only did well due to Karlsson? Yeah cause Brian Campbell couldn't possibly get anyone a hefty amount of points...oh wait there goes Jason Garrison. Seriously does this guy watch the players/teams he talks about?

He also mentioned that the tough guy signings including Barch were bad because it was two years instead of one and Jagr could only get one year. Really? The context is so terrible there. Jagr is at the end of his career just looking for payday. The tough guys signing for two instead of one is so not a big deal at such a low caphit and they aren't exactly 40.

Jonathan Huberdeau: 2013 Calder Trophy Winner
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Gudbranson4Prez
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
The thought that Karlsson helped out Kuba so much is a fallacy. Karlsson is pretty much a rover. Kuba had to stay back and cover for him a lot. Maybe Karlsson inflated his point total, but Kuba covered Karlsson's butt on a lot of occasions too. Whenever Kuba hasn't had a series of major injuries all at once in the last several years, he's been a solid top 4 guy. He'll fit in well. He's not going to score a lot of points, but we have Campbell and Kulikov for that, and Mueller can replace Garrison on the point on the PP.
The thing with that though is Mueller is a righty, does Campbell move to the right side?

My guess would be putting Campbell with Kulikov, let him start shooting the puck and Gudbranson with Mueller

Gudbranson4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 01:19 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
The thing with that though is Mueller is a righty, does Campbell move to the right side?

My guess would be putting Campbell with Kulikov, let him start shooting the puck and Gudbranson with Mueller
campbell wouldn't be playing left side on the PP.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote