HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Free Agent Sit and Think Things Through Thoroughly (Matt Carle signed with Tampa Bay)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-04-2012, 10:45 AM
  #351
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
For eight mill a year I hope the pens get stuck with them. JHC that is a lot of coin. Me I am all over Doan. Pay him five for three years and go after Weber next year. I am hearing things like 13 years for 90 mill! I like Zack but you can keep Ryan for that money. Looks like we may find today.

By the way Happy 4th all.

Hockeypete49 is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 10:47 AM
  #352
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls
 
RespectTheCouts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
She has a very rare form of liver cancer, I believe. I'm not certain about all the details, but I believe he left the team late in the season to deal with it, and I'm not sure how it affects his future plans--in the sense of playing at all, or staying on the West Coast, etc.
Man that really sucks, good for him putting family first even in front of hockey, I wish the family the best

RespectTheCouts is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 10:47 AM
  #353
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
For eight mill a year I hope the pens get stuck with them. JHC that is a lot of coin. Me I am all over Doan. Pay him five for three years and go after Weber next year. I am hearing things like 13 years for 90 mill! I like Zack but you can keep Ryan for that money. Looks like we may find today.

By the way Happy 4th all.
90 over 13 is a 6.9 million cap hit.

That's really not that bad at all--and I'd much rather pay Parise or Suter 6.9 million until they are 40 than pay Shane Doan $5+ until he's 40.

But, it really does seem like Parise is down to Minnesota or Pittsburgh, and Suter to Detroit or Minnesota--so it doesn't much matter.

I don't think Doan will come this far East, anyway--for us, Pittsburgh, or anyone else.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 10:49 AM
  #354
Bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
Bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 15,880
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couturioux View Post
I would take Semin on a 2 or 3 year deal, he is absolutely the second best winger on the FA market. Unless the price for Ryan goes down, it has got to be the best option out there. Plus it saves assets that we can use to trade for Weber, if he becomes available, which I think there is a chance.

Suter and Parise to the Wild please!
It Semin goes to Flyers or Pens he will win the Rocket Richard trophy.

Bennysflyers16 is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 10:50 AM
  #355
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,968
vCash: 500
I would take Doan on a 2-3 year deal. Always been a fan of his

RJ8812 is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 10:52 AM
  #356
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
I would take Doan on a 2-3 year deal. Always been a fan of his
He wants a 4 year deal, apparently.

Maybe you can leverage him down to 3 by overpaying, but I can't see him signing for 2.

I predict that, if he leaves Phoenix, he comes in somewhere around $20 million over 4 years or $17 over 3 years.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 10:52 AM
  #357
Bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
Bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 15,880
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
90 over 13 is a 6.9 million cap hit.

That's really not that bad at all--and I'd much rather pay Parise or Suter 6.9 million until they are 40 than pay Shane Doan $5+ until he's 40.

But, it really does seem like Parise is down to Minnesota or Pittsburgh, and Suter to Detroit or Minnesota--so it doesn't much matter.

I don't think Doan will come this far East, anyway--for us, Pittsburgh, or anyone else.
They have been talking a lot the last few days, I honestly think they are signing together in Minny.

Bennysflyers16 is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 10:54 AM
  #358
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls
 
RespectTheCouts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
They have been talking a lot the last few days, I honestly think they are signing together in Minny.
I really hope so, anything to make Pitt not get their usual spoiled way

RespectTheCouts is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 10:54 AM
  #359
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 4,739
vCash: 500
Every rumor/reporter tweeting today all have them both signing with Minnesota. Apparently they've been in touch with each other the last couple days and have been working on signing with the same team.

If it's true, good for Minny.

I still think it's strange that the Flyers have not been mentioned at all this week as possible destinations. Sometimes the team least mentioned lands the prize.

healthyscratch is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 10:59 AM
  #360
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
Every rumor/reporter tweeting today all have them both signing with Minnesota. Apparently they've been in touch with each other the last couple days and have been working on signing with the same team.

If it's true, good for Minny.

I still think it's strange that the Flyers have not been mentioned at all this week as possible destinations. Sometimes the team least mentioned lands the prize.
Well, the thing is, the Flyers have been mentioned many times as the biggest offer--but Minnesota is, by most accounts, only a bit lower, and offers a number of advantages.

Honestly, I don't think we ever had a chance at Suter, regardless of the money. He was either staying in Nashville or moving within a couple hundred miles of home.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 10:59 AM
  #361
El Dandy
I Against I
 
El Dandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dry Island
Posts: 9,489
vCash: 50
For me:

3/16.5 or 4/22 on Semin.

2/10 on Doan

I am vehemently against giving more than a 2 year term for Doan. If it's non-negotiable and he is sticking to 3 or 4 then I would not even bother pursuing him.

El Dandy is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 11:02 AM
  #362
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Express View Post
For me:

3/16.5 or 4/22 on Semin.

2/10 on Doan

I am vehemently against giving more than a 2 year term for Doan. If it's non-negotiable and he is sticking to 3 or 4 then I would not even bother pursuing him.
I agree on Doan, but do you really think those numbers are plausible for Semin? He made 6 and 6.7 million the last two years. It is a bit hard to imagine him dropping down into the 5+ range.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 11:03 AM
  #363
Clyde Donovan
Registered User
 
Clyde Donovan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 1,379
vCash: 500
Anyone think having Bryz will steer away Doan from signing here? I remember a couple Coyotes players bashing him after he left, not sure if Doan had the same mindset as those players.

Clyde Donovan is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 11:06 AM
  #364
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde Donovan View Post
Anyone think having Bryz will steer away Doan from signing here? I remember a couple Coyotes players bashing him after he left, not sure if Doan had the same mindset as those players.
I sort of doubt it, but I guess it is possible.

I just don't think he comes East of the Mississippi. Pretty much every Western conference team can offer him the same deal we can.

Maybe he opts to join Whitney in Dallas, and they move Morrow (which has been rumored for quite some time).

EDIT:

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG
Quote:
Pittsburgh is OFFICIALLY OUT on Zach Parise. He will not be joining the Penguins.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 11:06 AM
  #365
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 4,739
vCash: 500
Dustin Leed ‏@D_LEED
RT @MolinariPG: Pittsburgh is OFFICIALLY OUT on Zach Parise. He will not be joining the Penguins.

healthyscratch is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 11:06 AM
  #366
flyersguy33*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,181
vCash: 500
@MolinariPG

Pittsburgh is OFFICIALLY OUT on Zach Parise. He will not be joining the Penguins.

flyersguy33* is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 11:08 AM
  #367
El Dandy
I Against I
 
El Dandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dry Island
Posts: 9,489
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
I agree on Doan, but do you really think those numbers are plausible for Semin? He made 6 and 6.7 million the last two years. It is a bit hard to imagine him dropping down into the 5+ range.
Oh, did he? I had no idea. I thought he was still on a 4 million ish contract.

Taking that into consideration, I wouldn't go more than 6.5 for 4 years. His production is not worthy of a raise, but someone (maybe he is Pitts plan B) who missed out on Parise will give him a fat deal.

If he wants a raise then I would do 2/14 on Semin. He gets more but he is not locked up. He becomes UFA and his 7 million will be off the books right on time when we need to lock up a guy like Giroux. Another plus for Semin is that we get that goal scoring winger without having to trade one of Schenn/Voracek/Couturier.

I would rather go for Semin then trade for Ryan/Nash. Not because I rate Semin higher than those 2 (cause I don't), but because it will only cost us money instead of both money and blue chip assets.

El Dandy is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 11:09 AM
  #368
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,838
vCash: 500
Good.

hckyplayer8 is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 11:11 AM
  #369
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 4,739
vCash: 500
Dustin Leed ‏@D_LEED
Hey now RT @Russostrib: RT @StarTribune: The #MnWild agrees to terms with Suter, still working on Parise. http://strib.mn/Mx7VAF

healthyscratch is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 11:11 AM
  #370
flyersguy33*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,181
vCash: 500
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib

RT @StarTribune: The #MnWild agrees to terms with Suter, still working on Parise. http://strib.mn/Mx7VAF

there it is

flyersguy33* is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 11:12 AM
  #371
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Happy View Post
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib

RT @StarTribune: The #MnWild agrees to terms with Suter, still working on Parise. http://strib.mn/Mx7VAF

there it is
Yup.

Well, that's fine. I can't blame Suter (or Parise, should he follow) for taking the money in Minnesota.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 11:13 AM
  #372
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener
 
SeanCWombBroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,261
vCash: 500
Dreger is reporting: Suter to Wild.

SeanCWombBroom is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 11:14 AM
  #373
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob
 
Philadelphia Ducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,853
vCash: 500
Well Suter is gone, does this mean Carle is coming back D8

Philadelphia Ducks is online now  
Old
07-04-2012, 11:15 AM
  #374
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
Well Suter is gone, does this mean Carle is coming back D8
Detroit might offer him a pretty nice contract.

Jack de la Hoya is offline  
Old
07-04-2012, 11:15 AM
  #375
Brostradamus
LegionOfDoom Reunion
 
Brostradamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Dub C
Country: United States
Posts: 630
vCash: 500
So Suter to the Wild and Parise probably following him but not going to Pitt no matter what. Gotta say I expected at least one to go to Pitt and am ecstatic that neither are going. Let Free Agency begin finally!!

Brostradamus is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.