HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Team So Far

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2012, 06:09 PM
  #201
Sean Monahan
#boring
 
Sean Monahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,779
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Schwartz >>>> Rattie

Schwartz is NHL material. Should have a good career.

Rattie has high end talent, but is very raw still.
That's what I meant. Taking Rattie over Schwartz would be crazy

Sean Monahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:55 PM
  #202
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 7,104
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFan18 View Post
Jagr just signed a 1 year 4.5 million.

Would you rather have Hudler at 4yrs 16mil or Jagr at 1yr 4.5mil?
Hudler and it's no contest.

I have a bad feeling Jagr is just going to show up and collect a paycheque next season (especially with a bubble team), and I'll avatar bet anyone that he doesn't break 40 points in 2012/13.

Stewie Griffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:28 PM
  #203
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,900
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFan18 View Post
Jagr just signed a 1 year 4.5 million.

Would you rather have Hudler at 4yrs 16mil or Jagr at 1yr 4.5mil?
Hudler I love Jagr but Hudler at this point is almost as good and will be at that level for the next 4-6 years this could be Jagr's last year, BTW Dallas is stacked offensively.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:29 PM
  #204
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,900
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Hudler and it's no contest.

I have a bad feeling Jagr is just going to show up and collect a paycheque next season (especially with a bubble team), and I'll avatar bet anyone that he doesn't break 40 points in 2012/13.
I will take that bet but it has to be on pace for 40 points I don't want him to play 12 games get hurt and lose.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:22 AM
  #205
frostyflo
#peskyblues
 
frostyflo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
What about Bouwmeester and Backlund for Cole and Schwartz?

Deal?
no. Schwartz is just too good to trade him for an overpaid guy with a 2 year deal.
I can see our management go panic mode (promised a top-pairing-D-man) and trade for JBo but IMO (and I know most Blues fans would agree) Giordano is the guy who fits the bill

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:27 AM
  #206
frostyflo
#peskyblues
 
frostyflo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
That's what I meant. Taking Rattie over Schwartz would be crazy
you are very right about this one but the question wasn`t if you rather want Rattie or Schwartz...Jaden would be more expensive for sure

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:34 AM
  #207
BVicious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,314
vCash: 500
I hope we skip Trading JBo to STL unless it's for Berglund. Other wise I'm all for trading JBo, 2 1st round picks and Backlund for Shea Weber. As long as he is signed long term like 8 yrs for 8 Mil. Yea.

BVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:35 AM
  #208
BVicious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,314
vCash: 500
And I say that because once Suter signs in Detroit, Weber will demand a trade. And JBo can eat the minutes those 2 will leave behind.

BVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:38 AM
  #209
Volica
Registered User
 
Volica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVicious View Post
And I say that because once Suter signs in Detroit, Weber will demand a trade. And JBo can eat the minutes those 2 will leave behind.
Weber plays more than Bouwmeester, last year at least.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:41 AM
  #210
Volica
Registered User
 
Volica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVicious View Post
I hope we skip Trading JBo to STL unless it's for Berglund. Other wise I'm all for trading JBo, 2 1st round picks and Backlund for Shea Weber. As long as he is signed long term like 8 yrs for 8 Mil. Yea.
Boy do I want Berglund, watching him play... he's second fiddle in STL... In Calgary he'd be playing top line minutes /w Tangs + Iggy in a more offensive system. I see 65+ points from the guy here.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 10:51 AM
  #211
BVicious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
Boy do I want Berglund, watching him play... he's second fiddle in STL... In Calgary he'd be playing top line minutes /w Tangs + Iggy in a more offensive system. I see 65+ points from the guy here.
Me too. That's why I think JBo + for him would be perfect. Yea we will have a hole on D but I think at 24 yrs old, he can certainly progress with Hartly as well as the players on our team. It's just a matter of getting STL to bite. I see Berglund as the absolute best realistic option for a #1 center.

BVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 11:58 AM
  #212
frostyflo
#peskyblues
 
frostyflo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVicious View Post
Me too. That's why I think JBo + for him would be perfect. Yea we will have a hole on D but I think at 24 yrs old, he can certainly progress with Hartly as well as the players on our team. It's just a matter of getting STL to bite. I see Berglund as the absolute best realistic option for a #1 center.
honestly, I guess you rate Bergy abit too high.
he is great defensive but his offensive game is far away from #1-center-like and the idea of bringing in a guy like Backlund is to force Berglund to play better or play in the 3rd line (which would be pretty much a scoring line too)

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.