HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Frenzy 2012 - Part 9

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 11:55 AM
dk3790

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post
It is imperative that Zajac be extended, we don't need him to want to go back to Winnipeg.

I wonder what parise said to lou...
If Zajac doesn't get extended, I think it's pretty safe to say devils will be a lottery team. They don't have anything remotely close to his caliber and don't really have the assets to trade for a replacement. Hell, devils still haven't really fully replaced the D core yet.

Old
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great

I don't believe Parise didn't allow us to counter offer. I believe he made up his mind earlier then what he told the media and then tried to convince Suter to fully come on board. That's my belief and i'm sticking to it.

Old
Larsson
4th Line Boys

So, I guess Muttley was right the entire time?

Old
PuckHogs29

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDEVIL View Post
he just stabbed every devil in the back. He has gone to war with how many for these guys for the last 7 years and this was all about Suter! what a piece of ****, as i knew all along, he was never interested it was obvious in the media and all
And yet, if Suter picked Detroit, Parise was coming back here, not going to Pittsburgh or Chicago or Philly.

Old
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nona weisbaum View Post
Zach who?

I'm telling you, he just pissed away any fom of a legacy that he may have been building with this team. Ten years from now, people will care as much about him as they do Scott Gomez. At least that **** face won something with us.

It may sound like an excuse, but the Devils are genuinely better off w/o that contract. In time this will become clearly evident.
The Devils weren't giving him 13-98. Some other teams probably would have, which makes this decision even goofier, but whatever.

Agreed with the bolded of course.

Old
Jan Ludvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor Zach View Post
Parise never really built a hardcore relationship with the fans. It was always one-sided from the fans (especially females).

Up until these playoffs, he was always commenting about empty seats or boos if there were any when they were losing and raving about other teams.

I think he gave in to the pressure from his father and wanted both money and playing close to home for him and his wife. But, that doesn't excuse his ******** comments all season that he kept feeding.

He deserves to be killed endlessly for that.
Long time lurker-first time poster. Have been a Devils fan since '82 and I have to say I never felt an attachment to Zach. I think you are spot on, he never seemed to return the love of the fans. Now Kovy, no matter what anyone wants to say about him, he acts like he loves it here and loves the fans. I gained such respect for the guy in the playoffs becasue he proved to be a true warrior. He was playing through a lot of pain and to this day has not used it as an excuse. Zach did the same thing that Gomez did, he signed where daddy wanted him to. Zach is simply not worth this money. Now Lou needs to spend wisely to help get us out of this financial hole. Hopefully JVB finds a partner, or better yet, sells out to a local buyer. This team isn't going anywhere because they are tied to the Pru Center, but this team has never been on solid financial footing in the 30 years that they have been here, so they need to figure out a way to finally put that behind them. As fans, we need to start turning out. Let's start selling out some more games and finally shake this 'no fans' label. Devils fans are as passionate as any in the league.

Old
ILikeItVeryMuch*

We are forever bros with the Nashville Predators fans.

Thankfully I love that city and those fans.

Hugs

Old
07-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Brick City
Ignore me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Honestly, that makes it worse.

We were his backup choice. His safety school.

Incase his dream didn't work out, he was just going to use us.
Good point if it wasn't really 'between' the teams but us being the fallback as you said. However, not sure about that, he might have genuinely been torn.

What's interesting is, did Suter sway Zach away from New Jersey, or as some are saying now, did Zach sway Suter away from Detroit?

Going to repeat it like a broken record, we need to extend the other 2013 UFAs we want to retain this offseason.

Old
HenriqueItsOver

Am i the only one who still thinks Minn doesn't make the playoffs. Zach Parise is not like a Kovalchuk who can single-handedly win games.

Old
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Grant View Post
I can't wait to replace the A on my Kovy Jersey with a C. Was the real captain of the team anyways the last couple years. 7.5 cap hit for Parise is a massive overpayment. He was good, but so were Gomez and Rafalski. Replaceable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
And now Kovy will be the captain. Not sure how I feel about that. He's a good player and a good guy in the room, but he is not the embodiment of the team's ideals that a captain should be.
Yes he is. He has as much as heart as Zach. He's skilled and does everything to get awin. he was a leader before now hell just have a c on his chest.

Old
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB Devils23 View Post
It makes me wonder if Zach is the one who convinced Suter to sign with the Wild.
This has crossed my mind as well, meaning Zach really wanted to go the Wild, just not alone.

And that's where I get pissed, he should have just kept his mouth shut during the whole process because in effect he ripped out so many fans hearts out that have been good to him. We didn't deserve this.

dk3790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
What kind of captain walks out on a team he just led to the Cup Final?
Just because he was the "captain" doesn't mean he lead them anywhere. I saw Kovalchuk more as captain material to be honest.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Expected. Go get Sasha or Bobby.

Old
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
If only Detroit had gotten Suter. I just don't understand how the hell that was the tipping point for him.

Old
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post

Hugs
Nashville has been my second favorite team since they came into the league...damn my love of country music and NASCAR.

Old
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post

Hugs
when eskimo bros get ****ed. er...sorta

Old
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
I don't believe Parise didn't allow us to counter offer. I believe he made up his mind earlier then what he told the media and then tried to convince Suter to fully come on board. That's my belief and i'm sticking to it.
There was an article in May. Late May it came out, and said Parise was all about meeting Suter somewhere to play together. I thought about it, but didn't really buy it at the time. Now you can see that was no BS.

Old
07-04-2012, 11:58 AM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
This has crossed my mind as well, meaning Zach really wanted to go the Wild, just not alone.

And that's where I get pissed, he should have just kept his mouth shut during the whole process because in effect he ripped out so many fans hearts out that have been good to him. We didn't deserve this.
Didn't we get that tweet this morning about how he was communicating with Suter and told everyone he wanted to talk with family?

I wouldn't call Zach the mastermind, but he didn't want to go to Minny by himself. We were pretty much the 2nd choice here, if anyone wants solace in that. Suter goes to Detroit, we get Zach back.

Old
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Again I'm a Yankees fan. I do want to be pissed off like you guys, but I also don't want to be a hypocrite.

Old
JimEIV

There is no question the Devils are better off without that contract...still doesn't hurt anyl ess, it still makes a worse team and it doesn't answer how that production and type of grinding style that was very much the motor of this team is going to be replaced.

Old
VilleLeino

sorry for your loss..As a sabre fan I know what your feeling

Old
slammer

Quote:
who cares in the end?

NOW: SIGN A TOP6 WING!!!!!!!!!

Old
NJDevs26
Status quo

Yeah Nashville got it up the *** even worse than we did. Especially since now Weber'll probably go UFA too. Then again so might Zajac.

Old
hockeyr5

vCash: 891
It irks me how he and his "good ole' buddy" Ryan Suter sign together. What about his good ole' buddies here? That he just fought with the past whatever many years.

If Zajac leaves next year (especially if he goes to Minny) I am going to be ****ing pissed.

anyway i cant take this im going to play xbox

Old
07-04-2012, 11:59 AM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun

Poile says Predators never got a chance to make a counter-offer. Clearly irked.
Because it was planned all along neither one were going to go back to their teams. AS I SAID they were working on what was best for them not their team or fans. As it should be. Moving On

Closed Thread