HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Suter Signs with Minnesota (13 years, $98 mil)

Old
07-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

David Poile has started his conference call with the media. Devastation in his voice is palpaple
Is there any where we can hear this?

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:02 PM
LongTooth

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
nothing inspires loyalty like threats!
Well, i've been right so far...2 for 2. Do we just let weber play his last RFA contract and watch him walk away too? Or would you say, "this is a great place to play, show us you want to play here or we are going to trade you."

LongTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
#SearchForMcDonagh

Wait we're friends with the Devils now? Not sure how I feel about this

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
Can't blame him.

Suter did exactly what I would have done. Took more money to play at home.

If I was in Minnesota and Nashville offered me more money to come home, i'd take it.

Again, we need to look at the opportunity here. I've said this on here dozens of times, it was never good team building to have so much money tied up in 2 phases of the game (defense/goaltending). We would never have been able to put together anything more than a mediocre forward corps with that much money tied up in defense.

Lets see what Poile does next.
Except Poile says he was told by Suter that playing for a "competitive team" was his most important criteria. We lived up to that during the season and at the trade deadline. We were certainly more competitive than f-ing Minnesota.

Poile also says that he was NOT told by Suter that family considerations would be at the top of his list.

P.S. Suter's family sucks. I hope they're happy with themselves after he spends 13 years toiling away and continuing Minnesota's legacy of never winning anything. Hey, his life dream probably won't happen now, but at least you get to see him for the half of the year that he's not on long road trips! Selfish jerks. [I know this is unreasonable, and I don't care.]

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:03 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Is there any where we can hear this?
I'm sure it'll be on sound cloud shortly. Willy will probably tweet it.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:03 PM
The 29th Pick
BetterThan LastYear

Feel your pain guys......just gotta move on and not let this happen again

The 29th Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:04 PM
ChesterCopperpot1*

so it is has been a few years since I took personal finance and taxation in college but I just looked up the MN state tax rates. And they are pretty damn high, now I am sure he will pay an accountant loads of money to find loopholes and what not but after doing some quick calculations, it just pisses me off even more. Here is how the tax bracket sets up...

The tax table below will show in detail the Minnesota state income tax rates by income tax bracket(s). There are 3 income tax brackets for Minnesota.

If your income range is between $0 and $22,730, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 5.35%.
If your income range is between $22,731 and $74,650, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 7.05%.
If your income range is $74,651 and over, your tax rate on every dollar of income earned is 7.85%.

I just did this on an average of 7.5M per year because that is what it equates to. I had to round some numbers to make them easier to remember because I am on my phone and don't have pen and paper handy. By living in MN OVER TN, he will be paying an extra 587,709.89 to the MN state government per year. Multiply that by 13 and you get 7,640,228.65

Basically his contract in MN is worth more by a mere 500k over the course of 13 years than it would have been in Nashville. ****ing pathetic

ChesterCopperpot1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:04 PM
INDhockeyfan

I don't blame Suter at all for taking more money and a chance to play closer to home and with Parise. What I don't like is him not being straight with the preds and at least giving us a chance to go to Plan B faster. It is more of a trust issue and I think this maybe a good thing as I think Poile is going to be tougher now.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:05 PM
alexmanu

Actually on the verge of tears right now....can't believe how much of a ********* Ryan Suter really is.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:07 PM
LongTooth

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post
Actually on the verge of tears right now....can't believe how much of a ********* Ryan Suter really is.
I do think DP was played by both Hamhuis and Suter. I really doubt he will be played again by Weber.

LongTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
You might want to change your "location"...
better ?

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:12 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Wait we're friends with the Devils now? Not sure how I feel about this
Hey what's up?! Even though you're a Rangers fan too, you are more than welcome to be our friend!

MJB Devils23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:12 PM
ChesterCopperpot1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan View Post
I don't blame Suter at all for taking more money and a chance to play closer to home and with Parise. What I don't like is him not being straight with the preds and at least giving us a chance to go to Plan B faster. It is more of a trust issue and I think this maybe a good thing as I think Poile is going to be tougher now.
for 500k more though? Go look at my calculations bro. He went to Minny for virtually the same contract he was offered here.

He will have to write a check to the state of minnesota for next 13 years that equates to 7.6million. Essentially he will be playing 1 of his 13 years for free

Old
07-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
#SearchForMcDonagh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB Devils23 View Post
Hey what's up?! Even though you're a Rangers fan too, you are more than welcome to be our friend!
*tear*

Old
PredsFanFromla

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanu View Post

i am already in tears,never though ryan suter would make me cry this much.what a way to start the fourth of july

PredsFanFromla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:16 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Now that Suter is gone Poile is going to try to get some more dmen and were not gonna get any offense. Plus Weber is probably gone. **** this. **** Everyhing. We're ****ed

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:17 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
So Ryan and Zack are apparently much closer friends than Ryan and Shea.
It is amazing isnt it, somehow Zach Parise is huge buddies with someone he spairingly talks to, bigger friends than the players he went to war with and was 2 wins from a championship with in New Jersey.

The only friend here is Mr. Benjamin Franklin.

ILikeItVeryMuch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:21 PM
luckofirish8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARGSY View Post
Feel your pain guys......just gotta move on and not let this happen again
That's key. Fool me once shame on you...fool me twice...well you know.

Poile screwed up with Suter. He can't let it happen again with Weber. Our Preds could have a very different look in the near future, but we'll see.

luckofirish8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:23 PM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Except Poile says he was told by Suter that playing for a "competitive team" was his most important criteria. We lived up to that during the season and at the trade deadline. We were certainly more competitive than f-ing Minnesota.

Poile also says that he was NOT told by Suter that family considerations would be at the top of his list.

P.S. Suter's family sucks. I hope they're happy with themselves after he spends 13 years toiling away and continuing Minnesota's legacy of never winning anything. Hey, his life dream probably won't happen now, but at least you get to see him for the half of the year that he's not on long road trips! Selfish jerks. [I know this is unreasonable, and I don't care.]
It's a 13 year contract. Both Minnesota and Nashville will have ups and downs during the 13 years. What team is competitive now might not be in 5 years, again in 10 years. Who knows.

As for family not being a consideration - isn't that a bit nieve?

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:24 PM
ChesterCopperpot1*

In Poiles presser, he was quoted in saying that Ryan told him in November that he would re-sign in Nashville. If Ryan did indeed tell him that, how can anyone blame Poile for NOT trading him?

Old
07-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Bleedred
Gomer!

Both of our teams got shafted. I'm a big fan of the Preds, and have adopted them as my team in the West! Nashville is one of the REAL teams in the league, and one of the most dedicated teams to winning in the league especially for being one of the new franchises unlike the Elves up in Minny.

Keep your head up! You got our support! I'm sure Poile will do what he can to take care of you guys! If you guys are worried about Weber, we got Zajac coming up in UFA next Summer as well who was Zach's best friend on our team. We could be in the same boat too. Here's to hoping both teams move on to that before UFA next Summer, and you guys got my support! Believe me I think both our teams will be better off without those contracts the Elves handed out today!

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Machinehead
#SearchForMcDonagh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Both of our teams got shafted. I'm a big fan of the Preds, and have adopted them as my team in the West! Nashville is one of the REAL teams in the league, and one of the most dedicated teams to winning in the league especially for being one of the new franchises unlike the Elves up in Minny.

Keep your head up! You got our support! I'm sure Poile will do what he can to take care of you guys! If you guys are worried about Weber, we got Zajac coming up in UFA next Summer as well who was Zach's best friend on our team. We could be in the same boat too. Here's to hoping both teams move on to that before UFA next Summer, and you guys got my support! Believe me I think both our teams will be better off without those contracts the Elves handed out today!
Even though I'm a Rangers fan, I gotta admit, Devils fans have been really cool about this whole thing

Old
07-04-2012, 01:26 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
It is amazing isnt it, somehow Zach Parise is huge buddies with someone he spairingly talks to, bigger friends than the players he went to war with and was 2 wins from a championship with in New Jersey.

The only friend here is Mr. Benjamin Franklin.
Ben is one aspect. Parise and Suter are friends and have been in contact throughout this process. Their families are in the area. A ton of money plus signing with a friend to a long term deal plus nearby his offseason home .... all factors. Preds fans wanted both of them or at least for Suter to stay in place .... Devils fans wanted Parise to remain .... the one probable choice from the beginning for both playing together is exactly what happened.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:26 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
It's a 13 year contract. Both Minnesota and Nashville will have ups and downs during the 13 years. What team is competitive now might not be in 5 years, again in 10 years. Who knows.

As for family not being a consideration - isn't that a bit nieve?
Suter apparently told Poile afterwards that family was THE consideration. Not A consideration.