HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hey Guys, the Zanon signing makes sense: Frenzy III

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Good news is Minny doesn't have the cap to add Weber next season.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:11 PM
kento19
@kento19

vCash: 50
Hopefully Sherman moves fast on Carle now. I'd love to have Semin as well but I just really don't see where he fits in the lineup. Obviously he would be our top winger, but who goes? You cant expect a gm to be so busy that he signs a player knowing he will have to trade somebody after. Not unless he already has a deal in mind.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:12 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by OReally View Post
Minny was tops of the league until the injury bug hit....
The Avs were a top team in 2010-2011 too...

Old
07-04-2012, 12:13 PM
The Pwnerer
We are never give up

vCash: 500
I really do feel bad for Devil/Pred fans. Watching a player grow into stardom only to see them taken away. Reminds me of Forsberg and Foote, I hope we keep this core for a very verrrry long time.

Old
benzino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekento19 View Post
Hopefully Sherman moves fast on Carle now. I'd love to have Semin as well but I just really don't see where he fits in the lineup. Obviously he would be our top winger, but who goes? You cant expect a gm to be so busy that he signs a player knowing he will have to trade somebody after. Not unless he already has a deal in mind.
Only Flyers do that.

Old
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Minny was tops of the league until the injury bug hit....
C'mon now, you can say that about any team but that's the KEY word right there...TEAM which includes DEPTH.

You can say the same about the 2nd worst overall, 2010-11 Avalanche who were 4th in the West up until January until it all fell apart.

The Leafs also looked really good, until what, February?

The Wild have missed the playoffs the last 4 years. It's not like they've made the playoffs the last 4 years prior and just missed them this time because of injuries.

Old
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

vCash: 281
i was mad when Foppa left but i wasn't bitter. only time i was ever bitter about a athlete leaving a franchise was in football(curse you mcdaniels!)

Blake and Foppa leaving were the only time i was mad about the avs losing a player to another team in FA.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:15 PM
benzino

Question is how good will Suter be without +82 games next to Weber?

Old
07-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Hans Landaskog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
C'mon now, you can say that about any team but that's the KEY word right there...TEAM which includes DEPTH.

You can say the same about the 2nd worst overall, 2010-11 Avalanche who were 4th in the West up until January until it all fell apart.

The Leafs also looked really good, until what, February?

The Wild have missed the playoffs the last 4 years. It's not like they've made the playoffs the last 4 years prior and just missed them this time because of injuries.
yeah but this was 30+ games in, now with Suter and Parise? Don't forget last year was the first season after all their shakeups.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Oh no...he's gonna be a red wing.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:17 PM
marioni

Quote:
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl
Poile said Nashville did everything Suter wanted, which includes a substantial contract offer. Suter said he chose Wild for family reasons.
Yup, family reasons... and 100m dollars

Old
07-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Hans Landaskog

Quote:
Oh no...he's gonna be a red wing.
very possible.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:18 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Detroit will be fine. They got the best player out of Nashville, which was Jordan Tootoo.

So happy those smug fans didn't get Ryan Suter. They thought for sure they would, and are now calling for the head of the GM who built them into a dynasty. Freakin' fair weather idiots.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
They have, 13mil is off the books for them next season.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalderKing21 View Post
i was mad when Foppa left but i wasn't bitter. only time i was ever bitter about a athlete leaving a franchise was in football(curse you mcdaniels!)

Blake and Foppa leaving were the only time i was mad about the avs losing a player to another team in FA.
I've been bitter at Bettman ever since watching him raise the cap from the $39 M he insisted on that tore a well built Avalanche team apart, all the way up to $70 M this year. *******.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzino View Post
Better than Weber without him.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Minnesota, a poor team last season, got a lot better with those guys.

Nashville, a playoff team last season, just got worse.

I think the odds are relatively the same, when you really consider the Wild's defense as it stands today.
Also think Detroit just got significantly worse.

Kronwall - Quincey
Erricson - White
Kindle - Smith

Thats a painfuly Defense next year. I really think they'll struggle to make the playoffs this year.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:22 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I've been bitter at Bettman ever since watching him raise the cap from the $39 M he insisted on that tore a well built Avalanche team apart, all the way up to $70 M this year. *******.
It's not necessarily Bettman that raises the cap each year. It's tied to league revenues, so when the league does well, the cap goes up.

Now, I am upset at Bettman for setting the initial cap at 39 million...that was ridiculous.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzino View Post
Honestly, I think Weber will look bad between the 2 next year. Ive always said Suter is better then Weber, and the only thing Weber has on Suter is his Shot. IMO Suter will be the exact same next year, but Weber will take a clear step backwards. Unless Josi shocks the world and plays incredible.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:24 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

vCash: 281
Quote:
yeah that was a page straight out of the David Stern playbook of douchebaggery.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
yeah but this was 30+ games in, now with Suter and Parise? Don't forget last year was the first season after all their shakeups.
Don't you remember when we signed Selanne and Kariya how everyone thought (myself included) that we'd completely destroy the league??

And that was adding those 2 guys, in the prime of their careers, to an already stellar cast consisting of : Sakic, Forsberg, Hejduk, Tanguay, Blake, Foote, Liles, Morris???

We didn't even get to the conference finals.

Minnesota is well behind what the Avs were at that point.

As far as all their shakeups, I personally believe that Nick Shultz for Tom Gilbert is a step backwards. I don't believe Gilbert is that good at all, I'm not a fan of his. The rest fo their D is a bit of a question mark.

Don't get me wrong, they've improved but it's not like these 2 players are going to make them immediate Stanley Cup contenders, it's not.

If you really think it does, you are putting WAYYYY too much emphasis on what 1 forward and 1 d-man can do on a team.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

I think 13 years is a way too long contract for a player like Parise, even if you account for three-four years at the end that are winkwinkretire years. Small, feisty winger with already a serious knee injury. I think there is a big chance he'll start to fade in a big way when he's 32-33.

Suter's contract is much safer, I think.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Foppa2118

I can't believe this was all about money, after both guys said it had nothing to do with money.

They both went to the team and city that were probably tops on their list, and neither had to take a lesser deal because of it. They knew Minny was desperate, so they just sat around on their fat wallets for a few days and watched the price go up and up and up, and when all the teams including Detroit dropped out because of the price, they said "ok we'll take that one."

I hope the cap drops in the next CBA, and stays that way for a while, so their greed keeps Minnesota from having depth and winning a cup. What a circus act they just put the NHL and fans through so they could squeeze every penny out of their home team.

Guess Zach can buy a bigger pontoon now so he can act out his pretend big decisions in a little more comfort.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:26 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Honestly, I think Weber will look bad between the 2 next year. Ive always said Suter is better then Weber, and the only thing Weber has on Suter is his Shot. IMO Suter will be the exact same next year, but Weber will take a clear step backwards. Unless Josi shocks the world and plays incredible.
I think both will have a drop off in play. I think Weber's defensive game will look less spectacular, and his offense will drop off a bit. I think Suter's offense will drop off pretty significantly, and his defensive game will be less intimidating (especially if he is paired with Tom Gilbert).

Old
07-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Elever
Hth

Quote:
They've never built a legitimate team, and probably won't support them well. I hope they miss the playoffs repeatedly, and then see Parise and Suter's career decline drastically from 35-40 when they have to pay them that ridiculous $7.5M still.
2002-03?

And you do know that they aren't actually paying Suter/Parise 7.5 M in 10 yrs time right? That's just the cap hit it takes to sign high end FA's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
So happy those smug fans didn't get Ryan Suter. They thought for sure they would, and are now calling for the head of the GM who built them into a dynasty. Freakin' fair weather idiots.
Someone compared him to Feaster

Closed Thread