HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2012, 11:38 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

vCash: 500
Holland is hilarious, one on the few hockey players worth following

Old
06-25-2012, 11:42 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
Too old, he is a 1992, 2013 WJC is for 1993 or younger.
Merci.

Old
06-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Schwang

Nygren???

Any details on this guy and why he isn't at either of the 2 camps so far? I thought he might be a good prospect with good size, good numbers, big shot. Maybe he'll be at the rookie camp in Sept?

Old
06-27-2012, 02:19 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwang View Post
Maybe he'll be at the rookie camp in Sept?
That would seem unlikely unless the Habs sign him before then as camps in the SEL will be getting started.

Old
06-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
That would seem unlikely unless the Habs sign him before then as camps in the SEL will be getting started.

Did he participate in 1 of the development camps last year? I can't remember.

Old
06-27-2012, 02:32 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
Did he participate in 1 of the development camps last year? I can't remember.
Yes, he came in July after we drafted him.

Habs Prospects website
Old
06-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Bullsmith

I think we have the management in place to create competition and incentives for the guys who shine to get icetime with the big club...

More importantly, I hope we have the management in place to take their time and not only reward guys put also put them through their paces. Make them pay some dues. Guy *** Lafleur wasn't helped by being rushed into the spotlight. Who is? Some guys you can't stop, but what is the harm in trying to slow them down, as an organizational principle?

Also. Get off my lawn.

Old
06-28-2012, 11:52 AM
rockjngo

The kids are alright

I don't have any expectations coming into next season. We don't have the team that could challenge for a Cup. With new management, is there room for new players?
I recall a few years ago when management brought in 7 young players to the roster which included Plekanec, Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Streit etc. Why don't we bring the kids up this year and let them mature in the league? They will gain experience like Carey Price and let the kids develop chemistry with the younger players on the roster.

Alex Galchenyuk
Nathan Beaulieu
Jarrod Tinordi
Morgan Ellis
Brenden Gallagher
Patrick Holland

I think we should bring these guys up next season (maybe not start the season but bring them up and give them a shot.

Trade Rene Bourque, Aaron Palushaj, Tomas Kaberle and Raphael Diaz. Demote Scott Gomez. I don't think management will bring back Petteri Nokelainen, Travis Moen, Brad Staubitz, Mathieu Darche, Mike Blunden and Chris Campoli.

We have many spots open for opportunities.

This is a younger and more hungry line combinations.
Pacorietty - Desharnais - Cole
Leblanc - Plekanec - Gionta
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Geoffrion - White - Holland
Weber

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Emelin
Beaulieu - Tinordi
Ellis

Price
Budaj

If we suck then we get a high pick Nathan Mckinnon, Seth Jones, Hunter Shinkaruk, Anthony Duclair, Jordan Subban, Aleksander Sasha Barkov.

Old
06-28-2012, 11:57 AM
llamateizer

Holland havent played a single AHL game yet
and Ellis as 7th D. no thank you. prefer get some development and i'd keep Diaz and wait 1 extra year for beaulieu and or tinordi
I dont disagree with the rest

Old
06-28-2012, 11:59 AM
SeriousHabs

Because early access to the NHL =/= development.

Sending feeble kids to play against the Boston Bruins is probably the least productive thing that we could do to our prospects. Some of them will probably fail as rookies in the AHL. Indeed, it is wishful thinking to believe that all our prospects will adapt well at the pro level.

Change your time frame to years, not weeks. There is no rush, there will be hockey in 3-4 years.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:08 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Weber

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Emelin
Beaulieu - Tinordi
Ellis

Price
Budaj

If we suck then we get a high pick Nathan Mckinnon, Seth Jones, Hunter Shinkaruk, Anthony Duclair, Jordan Subban, Aleksander Sasha Barkov.
I confirm, we would suck with that lineup, and it would hurt the progress of our youngters too.

Old
06-28-2012, 05:49 PM
windycity

Quote:
Weber

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Emelin
Beaulieu - Tinordi
Ellis

Price
Budaj
Wow. Worst . . . line-up . . . ever

Sure, let's add 6 guys straight from Junior . . .

Old
06-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
I don't have any expectations coming into next season. We don't have the team that could challenge for a Cup. With new management, is there room for new players?
I recall a few years ago when management brought in 7 young players to the roster which included Plekanec, Kostitsyn, Latendresse, Streit etc. Why don't we bring the kids up this year and let them mature in the league? They will gain experience like Carey Price and let the kids develop chemistry with the younger players on the roster.

Alex Galchenyuk
Nathan Beaulieu
Jarrod Tinordi
Morgan Ellis
Brenden Gallagher
Patrick Holland

I think we should bring these guys up next season (maybe not start the season but bring them up and give them a shot.

Trade Rene Bourque, Aaron Palushaj, Tomas Kaberle and Raphael Diaz. Demote Scott Gomez. I don't think management will bring back Petteri Nokelainen, Travis Moen, Brad Staubitz, Mathieu Darche, Mike Blunden and Chris Campoli.

We have many spots open for opportunities.

This is a younger and more hungry line combinations.
Weber

Subban - Gorges
Markov - Emelin
Beaulieu - Tinordi
Ellis

Price
Budaj

This is brilliant! Not only do we guarantee a high draft position in 2013, we also ruin some of our best current prospects by rushing them all int the NHL out of junior, thereby easing the way to have open slots to rush the '13 draft picks straight into the NHL the year after. This is how you keep a team with good young talent in the cellar long term. Garth Snow's got nothin on us.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:14 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
The Habs could conceivably draft in a lottery position again in 2013,if that occurs Timmins could have a true dilemma in his hands.Which player out of all of the centers available would be the best fit with Galchenyuk(C) and Collberg(RW) my choice is Hunter Shinkaruk.Those players all on one line would rival the Edmonton Oilers line of Taylor Hall,Ryan Nugent and Nail Yakupov as the top young line of the future.You just never know the Habs might be able to draft MacKinnon then they might want to add Pacioretty & Galchenyuk.The next few years are going to be exciting for Hab fans no doubting that.

Old
07-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Fozz

You have to love this:

Brady Vail
@AGally94 I’m at subway right now.. Where you at??

Alex Galchenyuk
@BradyVail I’m at the rink getting better !

I bet Vail headed straight to the gym after that reply from Galchenyuk.

Old
07-03-2012, 11:59 AM
TroyM

Haha, loving Galchenyuk's personality from everything I've seen/read... I might have to re-engage with twitter to follow these guys.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:10 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
You have to love this:

Brady Vail
@AGally94 I’m at subway right now.. Where you at??

Alex Galchenyuk
@BradyVail I’m at the rink getting better !

I bet Vail headed straight to the gym after that reply from Galchenyuk.
And then he admitted he wasn't actually at the rink

Old
07-04-2012, 12:32 PM
ReppingMTL

Tinordi on opening night?

Do you guys think Tinordi will make the team out of camp?

Old
07-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppingMTL View Post
With the signing of Bouillon, we have 8 defensemen with the team. Then, clearly no room for Tinordi at this present...

Old
07-04-2012, 12:36 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
No. If he had dominated junior there might be a case, but he clearly still has things to learn before he gets to the NHL.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:46 PM
NotProkofievian

All our D prospects have things to learn in the A, and we have many D men in the show already. So I think we should neither see, nor hope to see any of our marquis D prospects on the opening night roster.

Tinordi, Beaulieu, and Ellis all have the potential to have a pretty big impact in the NHL when they get there, so, lets develop them right.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:47 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I would hope not, and would be shocked if so. Personally I like the idea of Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Leblanc (hopefully), Gallagher, Bournival, Holland, Quailer, Nattinen, Pateryn all developing in the AHL at the same time as first or second year pros. A number of them could very well end up being impact players for the Habs in the not too disant future. It's an unusally big group of youth/inexerperience to have playing at the same time but should be interesting to see how it pans out as you would hope as they improve/progress that they can help each other out and it could be huge for team chemistry down the road when he have the bulk of these kids as NHL regulars.

I assume the Habs are going to struggle next season, so I'd rather see this group work together in Hamilton in what is hopefully a winning environment, whereas on the Habs it could get ugly if the team repeats last seasons record.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:01 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I would hope not, and would be shocked if so. Personally I like the idea of Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Leblanc (hopefully), Gallagher, Bournival, Holland, Quailer, Nattinen, Pateryn all developing in the AHL at the same time as first or second year pros. A number of them could very well end up being impact players for the Habs in the not too disant future. It's an unusally big group of youth/inexerperience to have playing at the same time but should be interesting to see how it pans out as you would hope as they improve/progress that they can help each other out and it could be huge for team chemistry down the road when he have the bulk of these kids as NHL regulars.

I assume the Habs are going to struggle next season, so I'd rather see this group work together in Hamilton in what is hopefully a winning environment, whereas on the Habs it could get ugly if the team repeats last seasons record.
Like you say Montreal having these prospects "all of them" playing together in the AHL and winning will be a huge benefit to them and the Habs when they all graduate to the Canadiens.It can only be a good thing for their development and Bergevin has covered the Habs openings so this can be accomplished.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
No chance IMO. A year or even 2 in Hamilton will be the best thing for his development

Old
07-04-2012, 03:22 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I think Tinordi's first year in the A will be similar to his first year in the O. He may skate well for a big man, but he's gotta adjust to new levels of speed, creativity and physicality.

Same when he makes the NHL. He'll look a little sluggish and bad and people will be like "OMGWTF trade this guy for a 7th"

Closed Thread