HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash - Frenzy.... thy name. Part 183

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Egil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
So saying, "fine we didnt want you anyway" and walking off in a huff doesnt look pathetic?

Not sure I see it. They were rejected and with all the media reports it made it pretty public, no way not to look bad.
He didn't say that we didn't want him anyways, just that we were done going after him, and that we wern't prepared to beg and/or cajole him to saying yes to us.

And yes, this looks a whole hell of a lot better than Edmonton's pilgrimage to go see Dany Heatley did. A whole lot better.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:39 PM
RyanCallahan24*

So Parise went to Minnesota together with Suter. I'm so happy that they didn't pick a team like Pens only because of a bigger chance to win the cup. Minnesota was obviously chosen since they're from there. They didn't get crazy money either (haven't seen Suter's # yet though).

Minnesota will be real good in the next few years with all the talent coming up and Parise, Koivu and Suter as their leaders.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:41 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Parise is off the market. Pens didn't get him. So has Nash value increased? Will this start a bidding war between Flyers and Rangers?

Ryan and Nash are both available and Pens don't have the pieces to get those deals done IMO. So it's basically Rangers and Flyers who are the frontrunners. Not looking great for Howson right about now.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:49 PM
ThisYearsModel

Nash's price just decreaed. it would have increased if he had gone to Pittsburgh.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Nash's price just decreaed. it would have increased if he had gone to Pittsburgh.
I tend to agree for now anyway....

But what if Nashville sees the writing on the wall and decides to deal Weber to Philly, Pittsburgh, Rangers, Detroit etc. Gotta think the price will be huge.

And we still have Bobby Ryan out there possibly to Philly.

Lot of drama to unfold.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Agree with this. Though apparently Detroit was in on Parise/Suter and Nash. Now that they've missed on two, I can see them pushing harder for Nash.

Hopefully the idea of trading Nash into the division puts a damper on that though.

Old
07-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Agree with this. Though apparently Detroit was in on Parise/Suter and Nash. Now that they've missed on two, I can see them pushing harder for Nash.

Hopefully the idea of trading Nash into the division puts a damper on that though.
PHilly had offers on both as well.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
PHilly had offers on both as well.
Did they? I hadn't heard anything about Philly in the Parise/Suter sweepstakes. I thought it was Det/Wild/Pitt/NJD for Parise and Det/Wild/Nash for Suter.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Did they? I hadn't heard anything about Philly in the Parise/Suter sweepstakes. I thought it was Det/Wild/Pitt/NJD for Parise and Det/Wild/Nash for Suter.
They had the largest offers to both--each over $100 million.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Parise is off the market. Pens didn't get him. So has Nash value increased? Will this start a bidding war between Flyers and Rangers?

Ryan and Nash are both available and Pens don't have the pieces to get those deals done IMO. So it's basically Rangers and Flyers who are the frontrunners. Not looking great for Howson right about now.
Did u forget SJ and Car? I swear you are the most biased poster on HF. This couldn't have worked out better for the CBJ. All those powerhouses in the East thought they would get a goal scorer and now none of them have one.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:02 PM
GScott

Quote:
Maybe in terms of Eastern teams but not in the West. The heat has been suddenly turned up on Vancouver, SJ, and possibly Detroit. The Sharks already have issues in the playoffs and this doesn't help. It may not put pressure on the Rangers or Flyers but it brings more teams into the mix. It definately doesn't help the Rangers score more goals.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:03 PM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:
I tend to agree for now anyway....

But what if Nashville sees the writing on the wall and decides to deal Weber to Philly, Pittsburgh, Rangers, Detroit etc. Gotta think the price will be huge.

And we still have Bobby Ryan out there possibly to Philly.

Lot of drama to unfold.
No doubt. Where will Semin end up? I am betting Detroit. Will Nashville move Weber, and when? I agree that Ryan will probably end up in Philly if he is moved at all. Wonder if this comes back down to the Rangers again, after all these machinations. I truly hope the Jackets don't get completely hosed.......their fans deserve better than they have gotten so far.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
No doubt. Where will Semin end up? I am betting Detroit. Will Nashville move Weber, and when? I agree that Ryan will probably end up in Philly if he is moved at all. Wonder if this comes back down to the Rangers again, after all these machinations. I truly hope the Jackets don't get completely hosed.......their fans deserve better than they have gotten so far.
The Rangers have always been the front runners. No matter who offers what.

They could put forth the best offer easy if pressed. The question has always been do they want to? To be fair, there hasn't really been that pressure point yet. Will it ever occur, no idea.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
The Rangers have always been the front runners. No matter who offers what.

They could put forth the best offer easy if pressed. The question has always been do they want to? To be fair, there hasn't really been that pressure point yet. Will it ever occur, no idea.
we been back and forth on this since forever it seems like. It would seem the Rangers definitely are better off now. Imo pitts and philly both got worse and its clear NJ did. Lots of stuff can happen, but absolutely no reason for Rangers to panic

Old
07-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
we been back and forth on this since forever it seems like. It would seem the Rangers definitely are better off now. Imo pitts and philly both got worse and its clear NJ did. Lots of stuff can happen, but absolutely no reason for Rangers to panic
I never said they should....

Agree on the NYR for now (better off).

But does Philly make a substantial move now for Nash/Ryan. Who knows?

Old
07-04-2012, 01:22 PM
CurseOfKavorka

How many of the Pens D prospects will it take lol. Sccaaaaaramble.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:26 PM
we want the cup 94

Now this is where The Nash trade heats up and things happen in the next 24-48 hours . Slats got off easy now that They didnt go to Pitts . Still tho for the Rangers with Gabby being out where do the goals come from . If slats sits and dont address that issue it will be a long first half for the Rangers ..

I am a die hard Ranger fan . I have been to about 25 games this year own 5 jerseys 7 tee shirts 4 hats almost every Mc farlane figure ... So i dont want to hear im not a real Fan with what im about to say

When you look at the Team and who we have . Besides Cally Gabby Richie maybe Hags Krieder Stepan boarder line dubi .. Everyone eles is a 3rd liner maybe pushing 2nd .

This team lacks goal scoring . Someone besides Gabby to score our D is amazing and young no knocking that . We need Nash/Ryan bad real bad . We cant go into nect season worrying if 80% of our games end in a 2-1 or 3-2 score . Our PP is horrible ... Now is the time for Sather to sit down make a decent proposal to BJs and grab Nash . Ill even go a bit further and say Dubi , Hags , prospect , prospect , 1st for Nash then Stepan ,AA , 1ST IN 2014 , 3rd Next year for RYan !!

Old
07-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Car is the only team not on his list that is consistently still mentioned. There is something to that

Old
07-04-2012, 01:29 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want the cup 94 View Post
Now this is where The Nash trade heats up and things happen in the next 24-48 hours . Slats got off easy now that They didnt go to Pitts . Still tho for the Rangers with Gabby being out where do the goals come from . If slats sits and dont address that issue it will be a long first half for the Rangers ..

I am a die hard Ranger fan . I have been to about 25 games this year own 5 jerseys 7 tee shirts 4 hats almost every Mc farlane figure ... So i dont want to hear im not a real Fan with what im about to say

When you look at the Team and who we have . Besides Cally Gabby Richie maybe Hags Krieder Stepan boarder line dubi .. Everyone eles is a 3rd liner maybe pushing 2nd .

This team lacks goal scoring . Someone besides Gabby to score our D is amazing and young no knocking that . We need Nash/Ryan bad real bad . We cant go into nect season worrying if 80% of our games end in a 2-1 or 3-2 score . Our PP is horrible ... Now is the time for Sather to sit down make a decent proposal to BJs and grab Nash . Ill even go a bit further and say Dubi , Hags , prospect , prospect , 1st for Nash then Stepan ,AA , 1ST IN 2014 , 3rd Next year for RYan !!

So we'll use Kreider on the 3rd line for the rest of his career?

And you know we need top 6 C. Kinda overkill to get 2 highpaid wingers when you got Gaborik and then dump our only young top 6 C.

Heard about something called needs?

Old
07-04-2012, 01:30 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Anton View Post
Car is the only team not on his list that is consistently still mentioned. There is something to that
Yeah, pure persistance.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:30 PM
wahsnairb

@Aportzline

"@Aportzline: Judging by my Twitter mentions, there are at least 27 #NYRangers players who are "absolutely untouchable" in any deal for any player."

hahah

Old
07-04-2012, 01:34 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Since when was Carolina on Nash's list, and since when did San Jose start offering up Pavelski + for Nash?

And he's biased? You're one to talk, bringing in imaginary scenarios here that have no chance of working out.

Excellent post. I like certain Jackets posters, there are some very good ones who I legitimately feel bad for. DSL, GoJackets11, KallioWeHardlyKnewYe, are the few that come to mind that throughout this entire saga have actually tried to have sane, logical hockey discussion with everyone.

However, for Gagnefan092, Cash for Nash, IHeartZherdev, and the random Sens troll TSA who must have Rangers posters on his wall with darts in them, I really don't feel bad at all. You bring it upon yourselves.

Good post, I agree 100%.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:35 PM
we want the cup 94

Quote:
So we'll use Kreider on the 3rd line for the rest of his career?

And you know we need top 6 C. Kinda overkill to get 2 highpaid wingers when you got Gaborik and then dump our only young top 6 C.

Heard about something called needs?
Needs are fine but you also need Goals to win games to . Minus Gabby till Dec whos scoring .. Ryan is also 25 nASH IS 28 Both young . If we picked up a C somewhere our team would be 10x better . Puts pressure on all the other teams around . Pits may not have much D but if they pull something off where they pick some body up . We will never beable to keep up with them . Not with the team we have right now

Old
07-04-2012, 01:36 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
@Aportzline

"@Aportzline: Judging by my Twitter mentions, there are at least 27 #NYRangers players who are "absolutely untouchable" in any deal for any player."

hahah
. Nice joke. But tbh Portzline doesn't seem that well connected tbh. He just takes 100 random guesses a day. Alot of speculation just for the hell of it basically.

Does anybody knows if he has ever been right in his speculations? Seems like that kid that makes up things in order to be popular IMO.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Yeah, pure persistance.
Carolina has been talking with Columbus for months. Ottawa and Buffalo dropped out in a matter of hours.

I think it's safe to say that there is more than just persistence here. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

Closed Thread