HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rick Nash - Frenzy.... thy name. Part 183

Closed Thread

Old
07-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Crede777
Deputized

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
. Nice joke. But tbh Portzline doesn't seem that well connected tbh. He just takes 100 random guesses a day. Alot of speculation just for the hell of it basically.

Does anybody knows if he has ever been right in his speculations? Seems like that kid that makes up things in order to be popular IMO.

Are you trolling or do you not know he's the beat writer for the Columbus Dispatch and is the best connected person to the CBJ franchise?

Old
07-04-2012, 01:40 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want the cup 94 View Post
Needs are fine but you also need Goals to win games to . Minus Gabby till Dec whos scoring .. Ryan is also 25 nASH IS 28 Both young . If we picked up a C somewhere our team would be 10x better . Puts pressure on all the other teams around . Pits may not have much D but if they pull something off where they pick some body up . We will never beable to keep up with them . Not with the team we have right now
You lack one thing, logic. Why is the Rangers willing to trade a young top 6 C still on his ELC for Ryan if they already have obtained Nash?

Much rather have:

Kreider-Richards-Gaborik
Ryan/Nash-Stepan-Callahan

than

Nash - Richards - Gaborik
Ryan - Boyle (?) - Callahan

Not to mention we would be in caphell within 3 seasons. Staal, Girardi, Callahan, Lundqvist, Del Zotto, McDonagh and so on all need new contracts.

Pass.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tripps View Post
Carolina has been talking with Columbus for months. Ottawa and Buffalo dropped out in a matter of hours.

I think it's safe to say that there is more than just persistence here. Where there is smoke, there is fire.
Or maybe everybody is just blowing smoke.

I agree though Carolina could be added to "The List" in time.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Yeah, pure persistance.
There's more to it than that. Both Ottawa and Buffalo dropped out quickly after being told they weren't on Nash's list. JR could have done the same and gone after some other wingers that were available (Semin, Parenteau, etc.). He didn't.

He's put in an offer to Columbus, an apparent "substantial" one. And he's made comments about how "he can wait as long as he needs to get that top 6 winger. Whether it takes weeks, months or a year." That makes it sound like it's a simply a matter of waiting on the pieces to fall into play.

Your obsession with this list is funny, since it's already come out that if Howson waits this out just a little longer, Nash could expand his list.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Deathdealer

Quote:
You lack one thing, logic. Why is the Rangers willing to trade a young top 6 C still on his ELC for Ryan if they already have obtained Nash?

Much rather have:

Kreider-Richards-Gaborik
Ryan/Nash-Stepan-Callahan

than

Nash - Richards - Gaborik
Ryan - Boyle (?) - Callahan

Not to mention we would be in caphell within 3 seasons. Staal, Girardi, Callahan, Lundqvist, Del Zotto, McDonagh and so on all need new contracts.

Pass.
well staal will be in car by then so thats 1 down

Old
07-04-2012, 01:42 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post

Are you trolling or do you not know he's the beat writer for the Columbus Dispatch and is the best connected person to the CBJ franchise?
No I know he writes for the Columbus Dispatch. He just seems quite poor IMO when it comes to rumours and speculation. He's the Columbus version of Eklund or Incargnated Bob or wtf he's name is.

He's mentioning 5-7 teams and like +10 players on every team. Talk about playing it safe. Mention everything of value and you might get it right in the end is his theme.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
There's more to it than that. Both Ottawa and Buffalo dropped out quickly after being told they weren't on Nash's list. JR could have done the same and gone after some other wingers that were available (Semin, Parenteau, etc.). He didn't.

He's put in an offer to Columbus, an apparent "substantial" one. And he's made comments about how "he can wait as long as he needs to get that top 6 winger. Whether it takes weeks, months or a year." That makes it sound like it's a simply a matter of waiting on the pieces to fall into play.

Your obsession with this list is funny, since it's already come out that if Howson waits this out just a little longer, Nash could expand his list.
Yep....a little patience goes a long way.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
No I know he writes for the Columbus Dispatch. He just seems quite poor IMO when it comes to rumours and speculation. He's the Columbus version of Eklund or Incargnated Bob or wtf he's name is.

He's mentioning 5-7 teams and like +10 players on every team. Talk about playing it safe. Mention everything of value and you might get it right in the end is his theme.
He's mentioning all of the possibilities. You need to realize that his average audience is not as knowledgeable about hockey as most people on here.

There is a difference between "these teams COULD be in on it with these players to offer" and what Eklund does which is "Nash to Carolina (e3)."

Some do accuse Portzline and the Dispatch as having bias towards certain things, but in the end their predictions are usually either right or would have been better than what the Jackets opted to do. For example, they said that Dineen was the front runner to get the coaching gig. Instead, Arniel got it. In retrospect, Dineen (and what he is doing in Florida) would have been MUCH better.

In the end, he gives excellent exposition into the franchise and is the best guy in getting quotes from GM Scott Howson as well as ownership.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash for Nash View Post
Or maybe everybody is just blowing smoke.

I agree though Carolina could be added to "The List" in time.
Since this guy is actually Rick Nash posting on HFBoards, I think this is great for Carolina.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:47 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathdealer View Post
well staal will be in car by then so thats 1 down
I doubt it. He will get paid good $ in Rangers and if we could win the cup before his contract expires I think he'll stay. Or if we play good and offer an good amount of money.

Jordan left Pittsburgh mostly because he wanted a bigger role on the team. Which he couldn't get obviously with Sid and Malkin on the team.

Marc is getting big minutes and is considered integral to our team. Jordan wanted a bigger role and when Carolina popped up he was given a spot in their top 6 and a bigger role overall. The fact that Eric was already there was mostly a bonus. It might have played a part of his decision but it wasn't his biggest concern. Playing time was, and Carolina offered him just that.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:47 PM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:

Portzline seems to be a shill for Howson. Maybe he needs to in order to get the access to the team that is required of a best writer. Brooks does the same in NY, but he also slams the team on a regular basis.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Since this guy is actually Rick Nash posting on HFBoards, I think this is great for Carolina.
Which would be great for Rick Nash (talking in the third person).

Seriously Carolina would be a great gig. Nice weather, good team, smaller media)

Old
07-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
I doubt it. He will get paid good $ in Rangers and if we could win the cup before his contract expires I think he'll stay. Or if we play good and offer an good amount of money.

Jordan left Pittsburgh mostly because he wanted a bigger role on the team. Which he couldn't get obviously with Sid and Malkin on the team.

Marc is getting big minutes and is considered integral to our team. Jordan wanted a bigger role and when Carolina popped up he was given a spot in their top 6 and a bigger role overall. The fact that Eric was already there was mostly a bonus. It might have played a part of his decision but it wasn't his biggest concern. Playing time was, and Carolina offered him just that.
Jordan flat out said that he rejected the offer from Pittsburgh because it would mean that he would never get to play with Eric.

Playing with Eric was more than a bonus to Jordan. It is a part of what drove him to be traded in the first place.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:50 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post

Excellent post. I like certain Jackets posters, there are some very good ones who I legitimately feel bad for. DSL, GoJackets11, KallioWeHardlyKnewYe, are the few that come to mind that throughout this entire saga have actually tried to have sane, logical hockey discussion with everyone.

Thank you. I feel bad for me too.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:51 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Portzline seems to be a shill for Howson. Maybe he needs to in order to get the access to the team that is required of a best writer. Brooks does the same in NY, but he also slams the team on a regular basis.

You don't say . Haha am I the only one who just loves the bickering between Torts and Brooks btw? I may be bias since I'm a Rangers fan. But ******* do I love it. It's ****ing hilarious.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
All beat writers for all 30 teams are shills....they have to be. They aren't objective journalists for the USA Today.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:52 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Which would be great for Rick Nash (talking in the third person).

Seriously Carolina would be a great gig. Nice weather, good team, smaller media)
Haha! I wish you was Nash, that'd be cool.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:53 PM
ZDH

Quote:
Jordan flat out said that he rejected the offer from Pittsburgh because it would mean that he would never get to play with Eric.

Playing with Eric was more than a bonus to Jordan. It is a part of what drove him to be traded in the first place.
Yup.

Old
07-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Haha! I wish you was Nash, that'd be cool.
were

Old
07-04-2012, 01:57 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
were
I said were didn't I? I guess not. Oh well no more drinks for me!

Old
07-04-2012, 02:19 PM
wahsnairb

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
Confirmed today Pittsburgh is on Rick Nash's "approved" list. So #NYR, #Flyers, #RedWings, #SJSharks, #PghPenguins. Could be 1-2 others.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Pugs35

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
Confirmed today Pittsburgh is on Rick Nash's "approved" list. So #NYR, #Flyers, #RedWings, #SJSharks, #PghPenguins. Could be 1-2 others.
Has there ever been a more obvious intentional "leak" than this one? Good grief Columbus.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:22 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugs35 View Post
Has there ever been a more obvious intentional "leak" than this one? Good grief Columbus.
he just tells the people what the CBJ want him to.. half of what he says are the info they want relayed and half are him complaining because our teams sucks.. that is Portzline.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Cash for Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugs35 View Post
haha....I am a jackets fan but yeah. Seems a little doctored given today's events.

Good Stuff.

Old
07-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Azkals

Clearly, Howson is trying to drive the price up for the Flyers and Rangers. That is the only reason to leak info like this.

Closed Thread